Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Satanism Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem by Dax9 @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Quote:This is why it is liberating to divorce yourself from the opinions of others. Caring about the opinions of others regarding you personally is just another way of evaluating yourself. Quote:So you might as well do what you want to do, rather th
Jump to new posts Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem by L'Horreur @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: NemoThe keys to unlock these chains are clear and simple once you understand them. Yes, and once you DO grasp the idea, you find that it is a useful tool that can be used over and over again. I've owned Discovering the Satanic
Jump to new posts Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem by Nemo @ Yesterday at 03:42 PM

Quote:(Nemo) is referring to how others' opinions relate to self-evaluation. Exactly so. Self esteem, self evaluation, self rating - these are all errors in thinking no matter how "popular" they are. The error is on many levels but at th
Jump to new posts Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem by Mr. E. Mann @ Yesterday at 12:07 PM

That's not exactly what I'm referring to, though; nor do I believe it is what Magister Nemo is getting at. I think he is referring to how others' opinions relate to self-evaluation. How another person sees me has no effect on my self-esteem. It does
Jump to new posts Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem by Gouran @ Yesterday at 10:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr. E. MannI've often pondered why humans are the only members of the animal kingdom that seem to care about the opinions that others hold of them. In a situation where you might need another's help or support, it's understandab
Jump to new posts Re: My Facebook Experience by Mannyowar @ Yesterday at 06:00 AM

While I was checking my mail on my iPhone last night it occurred to me that the reason Facebook has largely taken over from forums like this is probably because it is much more mobile-friendly. I remember reading how smart phones have taken over from
Jump to new posts Re: My Facebook Experience by Symbiote @ 02/04/16 10:20 PM

I had it before that in 2004 but for the same reason merely to meet people in the same college as there were 30,000 students. With it you could find similiar interests or be as unoriginal as finding a kegger . Sounds like a lot but not compared to
Jump to new posts Re: My Facebook Experience by Symbiote @ 02/04/16 03:27 PM

Well put and I do not blame you one bit Magister Nemo. 😂
Jump to new posts Re: Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem by Mr. E. Mann @ 02/04/16 12:06 PM

I've often pondered why humans are the only members of the animal kingdom that seem to care about the opinions that others hold of them. In a situation where you might need another's help or support, it's understandable, but not in general.
Jump to new posts Self Empowerment Beyond Self Esteem by Nemo @ 02/04/16 10:57 AM

When you KNOW who and what you are, you feel no need to prove yourself to anyone. You just know. If you are concerned about what others think about you then you are under their control.. This choice decides your slavery or your freedom. Still fee
Jump to new posts Re: My Facebook Experience by Nemo @ 02/04/16 10:48 AM

Oh yes. I have long been encouraged to become active on Facebook. I have a book and three audio programs devoted to Satanism and have been told that if I want to reach more Satanists that Facebook "is the way to go". And that may be true
Jump to new posts Re: My Facebook Experience by Symbiote @ 02/04/16 06:08 AM

Yeah that is a valid point I do enjoy being more open as well. On Facebook I'm completely open in group by choice. However I think I'll stick to here more for a while. As far as the rest I'm not sure, I know what you're talking about I'm not an admin
Jump to new posts Re: My Facebook Experience by Symbiote @ 02/04/16 06:02 AM

I've been a user of Facebook for years. It used to be great as it was more guarded and exclusive like this. I foolish made the mistake of trying to attract attention when it is the worst thing I could've done. I'm not sure what compelled me to come b
Jump to new posts Re: My Facebook Experience by Mannyowar @ 02/04/16 06:00 AM

I was away from this board for a few years and I must say I was rather shocked when I came back and saw how quiet it had gone! I do find Facebook a great tool for keeping in touch with my friends whom I don't get to see too often, and also the bands

Forum Stats
12611 Members
73 Forums
44094 Topics
405609 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold