Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Satanism Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: Elitism by Dark Passenger @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

Its interesting you put it that way. I was just reflecting today on a number of ironic paradigm shifts in my life. Many years ago I thought becoming an information technology engineer would be a good arena to work in to increase intelligence. I spe
Jump to new posts Re: Elitism by Nemo @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

I prefer my more fundamental perspective on this issue. It will not become extinct anytime soon whereas the one attached to success already is going the way of the dinosaur. Soon enough any version of "elite" that is in any manner depende
Jump to new posts Re: Elitism by Dark Passenger @ Yesterday at 01:56 PM

I'm experiencing a shift like you describe in my life right now. Having or not having a car becomes an issue very quickly if you travel a lot. Having one means flexibility at your destination, but it also means forgoing a quick plane ride to get the
Jump to new posts Re: To Be Truly Elite by Dark Passenger @ Yesterday at 01:48 PM

Another excellent 3rd side angle from Magister Nemo! I'm hesitant to ask this question--that it may be considered arguing the point. I DO see what you mean about "elitism" interpreted as distinguishing between our actions and our identity,
Jump to new posts Re: Elitism by Nemo @ Yesterday at 01:16 PM

Quote:... most employers know that while a robot could perform many task it will always lack the ultimate drive and imagination of humans. Machine intelligence will not need "drive" or "imagination". When a human being with a hi
Jump to new posts Re: Elitism by Felltyde @ Yesterday at 03:56 AM

Excellent point, Magister. Many people fear that robots will one day replace the workforce. In some cases this will come to pass, but most employers know that while a robot could perform many task it will always lack the ultimate drive and imagina
Jump to new posts Re: Elitism by Felltyde @ Yesterday at 03:49 AM

Thanks, Dark Passenger...perhaps my choice of words was inappropriate when no context was given. Long story short, I saw that a few people were given overtime, I wanted said overtime, so when I I knew they were listening I mentioned that to another c
Jump to new posts Re: Elitism by Dark Passenger @ 10/29/14 07:22 PM

Well done. I'm sure a word to the wise is sufficient--in that "manipulation" is a bit of a two-edged sword. Oddly, most lesser magic can easily be thought of as "manipulation" or thought of as "influence," but using the
Jump to new posts Re: To Be Truly Elite by Nemo @ 10/29/14 07:14 PM

You're welcome. Quote:The only person I truly compete with anymore is myself. Do what I enjoy, and do it to the utmost of my ability. The satisfaction derived from exceeding what you thought was the limits of your ability in whatever undertaking, ar
Jump to new posts Re: Best of the best? by Weax @ 10/29/14 07:00 PM

I very much agree with Magister Nemo on this one, but for me there is another dimension as well. I know myself to be the best there is in my world, according to my standards, but in order to take pride in that I must actually live it. To create a wo
Questions about the Church of Satan
Jump to new posts Re: One question. by MorbidMarauder @ 10/29/14 01:27 PM

I wasn't aware of that, thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: To Be Truly Elite by Felltyde @ 10/29/14 05:45 AM

Wise words, Magister. Like I mentioned, it was very hard in the beginning to separate my own goals from what others deemed important...a lifetime of brainwashing via school, media, peers, etc...is not always an easy thing to shake. That coupled wit

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406132 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements