Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Satanism Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: My location, I feel disadvantaged by de_Lioncourt @ Today at 12:25 PM

You are most welcome.
Jump to new posts Re: Why are people getting offended? by de_Lioncourt @ Today at 12:24 PM

Have you read The New Church Ladies by Jim Goad? If not, I think you would really enjoy it along with some of his other writings. Dr. LaVey was interviewed in Answer Me! Which appears in the book containing all four issues. Though fair warning to
Jump to new posts Re: My location, I feel disadvantaged by DoubleGold @ Today at 12:23 PM

Um, de_Lioncourt, thanks for the input, but by now I considered this a dead topic. By now I consider this thread old and ancient. You're right about everyone having their own reasons to join. I have my own reasons for following Satanism, and they are
Jump to new posts Re: My location, I feel disadvantaged by de_Lioncourt @ Today at 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: DoubleGold if I decide to pay the money to join Who is asking you to join? That is not meant as sarcasm. That is simply saying that the CoS doesn't go door to door. Likewise, everyone has different reasons for joining.
Jump to new posts Re: Satanic Stance on Lying by DoubleGold @ Today at 09:36 AM

Nah, that would be called quitting up to give up on Satanism. I'm pretty sure she meant I can find these online books legally. Edit: nevermind https://www.churchofsatan.com/free-satanic-bible-is-unsatanic.php I'd rather spend the $10.00 or so for ea
Jump to new posts Re: Satanic Stance on Lying by Powaqqatsi @ Today at 09:11 AM

Yes, it's quite funny. If random people on the internet encourage you to download/obtain books illegally and you don't tell them to fuck off, then what's stopping you from proceeding further as a fledgling criminal? Now, if I could assume just for
Jump to new posts Re: Satanic Stance on Lying by DoubleGold @ Today at 09:00 AM

I did get a good laugh out of that. Anyway, I wasn't whining, I was stating my catch 22 position, and was asking about my options. It has been stated that I can find his books free on the internet, I did honestly did not know this, I'm behind on the
Jump to new posts Re: Satanic Stance on Lying by Powaqqatsi @ Today at 08:57 AM

Quote:I read all of LaVey's books free online. That's not the most wise behavior, but at least it's very disrespectful for a start. Even for a hobbit. Quote:I would have bought them but I have to save my money to join the CoS. I have had the same jo
Jump to new posts Re: Satanic Stance on Lying by Powaqqatsi @ Today at 08:48 AM

Quote:Question: Are these books actually worth it? Hm, let's see... These books are listed among the primary sources for Satanism on the Church of Satan website. It's a logical conclusion then that there's nothing useful or interesting in them. Bes
Jump to new posts Re: My location, I feel disadvantaged by Bill_M @ Today at 08:04 AM

Originally Posted By: DoubleGoldme and mr. bill Originally Posted By: DoubleGoldEdit: Mr. Bill made a point that Quit calling me that. Quote:I've been here a few days, I realize people aren't going to want to meet me yet, See #6 in my first reply.
Jump to new posts Re: Satanic Stance on Lying by Angela Baggins @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

I read all of LaVey's books free online. I would have bought them but I have to save my money to join the CoS. I have had the same job for 10 years and probably make less money than you. And I mow lawns. Here's the thing - I don't mind telling you
Jump to new posts Re: Satanic Stance on Lying by DoubleGold @ Yesterday at 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Dax9You may want to review the section "How and When to Lie" in The Satanic Witch and "The Liars Club" in Satan Speaks! Question: Are these books actually worth it? I myself don't lie much, but I can blend i
Jump to new posts Re: Christian Satanic Couples by Angela Baggins @ Yesterday at 11:03 PM

Actually, yes - this is my situation. Thanks everyone for your responses - I genuinely feel much better about it now. I was panicked at first. A "Satanic/Christian" couple is an oxymoron, right? I apologize to Dax9 for indirectly calling
Jump to new posts Re: Satanic Stance on Lying by Angela Baggins @ Yesterday at 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: ConquerOrPerish having people think you're a generic "witch" or Wicca? Or saying "I don't have to work my husband takes care of me" when it's your mother (because you're recovering from catatonic schizophren
Jump to new posts Re: Satanic Stance on Lying by Dax9 @ Yesterday at 09:54 PM

You may want to review the section "How and When to Lie" in The Satanic Witch and "The Liars Club" in Satan Speaks! The takeaway is that it is easier to successfully lie when telling others what they want to hear -- as in the cas
Jump to new posts Re: Satanic Stance on Lying by LowKey @ Yesterday at 03:36 PM

I can tell you why you'd need to pretend to be ANYTHING you're not: to get what you want or need from someone who would do things in your favor if you actually were the thing you're pretending to be. I lie regularly - or, at least, retain information
Jump to new posts Re: Satanic Stance on Lying by DoubleGold @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

Why would you need to say your a witch, wicken or whatever? Atheist is honest enough without telling people what you are. If you dress a certain way in public, nah, I just like the culture, I just like dressing like this, etc.
Jump to new posts Re: Satanic Stance on Lying by Powaqqatsi @ Yesterday at 12:03 PM

Information should be shared on a need to know basis. Tell people whatever which brings you closer to your goals -- without breaking any laws, of course. But don't forget what you've told to whom, so you don't put yourself in a tight spot, so yeah, i
Jump to new posts Re: Were you Christian at one time? by ConquerOrPerish @ Yesterday at 11:50 AM

I was raised Anglican/Episcopalian. I have very fond memories of my days at church. In Liberia, every Sunday, the church bell would clang and could be heard all over Monrovia. Some of us were relieved if we showed up late because that meant sittin
Jump to new posts Satanic Stance on Lying by ConquerOrPerish @ Yesterday at 11:32 AM

What's the Satanic stance on lying. For example, having people think you're a generic "witch" or Wicca? Or saying "I don't have to work my husband takes care of me" when it's your mother (because you're recovering from catatonic
Jump to new posts Re: my essay on satanism by DoubleGold @ Yesterday at 08:25 AM

I don't agree with every word in the essay either, I'm just congratulating him on the time and effort.
Jump to new posts Re: my essay on satanism by Powaqqatsi @ Yesterday at 08:22 AM

Haha, no. I'm definitely not an "infadel" nor "everything they say I am". Your long-winded drivel isn't about Satanism.
Jump to new posts Re: my essay on satanism by Xxpaul @ Yesterday at 05:45 AM

I enjoyed half of it, so that's a start! I nearly quit reading at "You are his prophet" but read on.
Jump to new posts Re: my essay on satanism by DoubleGold @ 05/22/18 09:28 PM

Great essay. But why share it now three years after it's been written. Why not back then? Of course this means I would miss your post, but that is besides the point. Did this take you days to put together, or hours?
Jump to new posts my essay on satanism by Shaytanakbar666 @ 05/22/18 09:14 PM

I wrote this piece soon after declaring myself a satanist. hope you enjoy it https://thewickedtree.wordpress.com/2016/07/03/kingdom-of-satan/

Forum Stats
13270 Members
73 Forums
44507 Topics
407712 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold