Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Satanism Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction by Dax9 @ Yesterday at 12:05 AM

Quote:These having failed me I realized I was atheist. Not long ago I came across the Satanic Bible and the Church of Satan website and noticed a lot of my thoughts and feelings were reflected here and so I have begun to take steps towards joining.
Jump to new posts Re: Humans Need Not Apply by ookiesoup @ 08/18/14 09:56 PM

Maybe being a robot repair man would be a wise choice.
Questions about the Church of Satan
Jump to new posts Re: Questions on Ritual by NewtonianDevil @ 08/18/14 02:38 PM

Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to provide such insightful an helpful suggestions! With my next semester of classes starting wednesday, I look forward to putting these answers into practice and experiencing the benefit of ritual firsthand.
Jump to new posts Re: Questions on Ritual by Nemo @ 08/18/14 01:55 PM

I only wanted to add to the other already excellent and detailed answers you have received a further suggestion regarding your second question: Quote:2. Are there any suggested ways to assist a generally rigid logical and scientific mind to suspend
Jump to new posts Re: The term LeVeyan Satanism by de_Lioncourt @ 08/18/14 10:43 AM

Thanks for the clarification on what book that the term was used in Reverend. Now Wikipedia...that wasn't around in '96 . And exactly so, it is Satanism period. Nothing more, nothing less.
Jump to new posts Re: The term LeVeyan Satanism by Bill_M @ 08/18/14 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: de_LioncourtIf my memory serves me right, this term was used in both The Church of Satan and The Secret Life of a Satanist by Magistra Blanche Barton. I could be wrong. It does show up once in the latter. Still, the people who
Jump to new posts Re: Questions on Ritual by Bill_M @ 08/18/14 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: NewtonianDevil1. How important are the materials listed, namely the sigil of Baphomet, candles and robe, and more importantly given that the CoS Emporium is apparently down, where would I might find said materials? They're reall
Jump to new posts Re: Questions on Ritual by Quaark @ 08/17/14 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: NewtonianDevil 1. How important are the materials listed, namely the sigil of Baphomet, candles and robe, and more importantly given that the CoS Emporium is apparently down, where would I might find said materials? The mater
Jump to new posts Questions on Ritual by NewtonianDevil @ 08/17/14 03:46 PM

I'll try to make my first post a good one even posting from my phone. I have read many of the essays on the CoS website and ordered my copy of The Satanic Bible andThe Satanic Scriptures today (they should arrive this Friday). I see much of myself re
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction by L'Horreur @ 08/16/14 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: EliI somehow missed that we need to do an introduction, I also cant seem to find the rules again. For all intents and purposes I'll be going by Eli (middle name is Elijah) on here and once I have joined the COS I will likely ke
Jump to new posts Re: The term LeVeyan Satanism by Eli @ 08/16/14 05:59 PM

My apologies on a potentially repeated question. I understand the term being viewed as misleading. I didn't view it correctly on the part of LaVey having codified satanism for what it is. These responses are exactly why I posted instead of incorrectl
Jump to new posts Re: The term LeVeyan Satanism by Nemo @ 08/16/14 02:20 PM

Quote:This post is just to see how others feel about the term LeVeyan Satanism. I find this term as it is being used today to be: 1. Misleading. It is commonly intended to confuse people who believe in a real "Satan" (such as Christian
Jump to new posts Re: The term LeVeyan Satanism by de_Lioncourt @ 08/16/14 12:31 PM

Please understand that I am not trying to come down hard on you. In regards to Laveyan Satanism, to an extent, I get it. If my memory serves me right, this term was used in both The Church of Satan and The Secret Life of a Satanist by Magistra Bla
Jump to new posts Re: The term LeVeyan Satanism by MisterPfromNJ @ 08/16/14 12:17 PM

Before LaVey, Satanism was a smear used to tar other religious groups, not a religion. Because LaVey was the first to codify it as an actual religion and defined it as atheistic, adding the term "Laveyan" is redundant. The term "theist
Jump to new posts Re: The term LeVeyan Satanism by AoiYami @ 08/16/14 11:04 AM

I view the term as nothing more then an annoyance. Putting a separation in the idea of Satanism implies many things that we don't want to imply. First it implies that there are legit divisions in Satanism. Due to the fact that most people when thinki
Jump to new posts Re: Wonderfully blasphemous little Cartoon by Eli @ 08/16/14 06:26 AM

Found it. This is my all time favorite short film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkDrIacHJM
Jump to new posts Re: Wonderfully blasphemous little Cartoon by Eli @ 08/16/14 06:24 AM

This has to be one of the funniest cartoons I have seen in ages. I know of another one that displays the sheep mentality but ill have to find it
Jump to new posts The term LeVeyan Satanism by Eli @ 08/16/14 06:04 AM

This post is just to see how others feel about the term LeVeyan Satanism. I understand I'm not the most knowledgeable person (nor a COS member) but I can see why this term was created. I feel it was created to help non-Satanist to differentiate the p
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction by Eli @ 08/16/14 05:36 AM

Well. At least now the info is there. But thank you, and may your life's road continue being enlightening for years longer
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction by Mr. E. Mann @ 08/16/14 04:34 AM

Introductions aren't required. Some people just like to let everyone know a bit about themselves when they begin using the forums here. Congrats on finding a path that seems to suit you. I've been a practicing Satanist for 19 years and a CoS member
Jump to new posts Introduction by Eli @ 08/16/14 03:56 AM

I somehow missed that we need to do an introduction, I also cant seem to find the rules again. For all intents and purposes I'll be going by Eli (middle name is Elijah) on here and once I have joined the COS I will likely keep it as my pseudonym. I'
Jump to new posts Re: Humans Need Not Apply by Nemo @ 08/15/14 10:01 PM

An interesting summary of ideas I have long considered since General Motors automobile manufacturing plants in the 1960s began automation of their assembly lines. Thank you. The estimated 45% of the job market that the video suggests will be replac
Jump to new posts Humans Need Not Apply by L'Horreur @ 08/15/14 03:04 PM

Humans Need Not Apply
Jump to new posts Re: E-Cigarettes by de_Lioncourt @ 08/15/14 02:21 PM

If my memory serves me right, I think that I saw an advertisement for these in Old Nick. It would seem to be a healthier (no carbon monoxide) and cheaper (real cigarettes are what? Six or seven bucks a pack these days?) choice. I knew someone who s
Jump to new posts Re: codified religion, what counts and what doesn't? by de_Lioncourt @ 08/14/14 11:06 AM

Along the lines of this discussion, you may also find it interesting to check out The Secret History of Lucifer and The Templar Revelation by Lynn Picknett. Both of these books give unique perspectives on some of the history and mythology that you s
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12085 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements