Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Satanism Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: " Hell in a hand basket" by Mannyowar @ Today at 05:58 AM

Originally Posted By: FeederOfLifeFrce I am NOT an activist. I keep to myself. If the knowledge of my being a Satanist makes others whom know what kind of person I truly am choose to cut me out of their lives or exclude me from association, that i
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on the "Eye for an Eye" principle in LaVeyan Satanism? by Hatred_Incarnate @ Yesterday at 06:32 PM

A common theme when the subject of eye for an eye comes up, whether here or in a more plebeian setting, is that everyone assumes that the only way to exact revenge on someone is to break their nose in front of a cop and get arrested and be no better,
For me, the question boils down to this: Are they worth the effort of revenge? A healthy, fulfilled ego can brush off quite a lot. Satan is a thick-skinned fellow. But if they have crossed the line, send the B-52s.
Jump to new posts Re: " Hell in a hand basket" by FeederOfLifeFrce @ Yesterday at 05:53 PM

I do not openly wear my baphomet to class. My instructor may have glanced the baphomet on my phone lock screen or seen my post about a show I went to on FB. I not did tell this voluntarily to her but she asked me. I guess I made the mistake of being
Jump to new posts Re: " Hell in a hand basket" by Mannyowar @ Yesterday at 06:03 AM

I think we misunderstood each other! I wasn't disagreeing with any of the points you made above and in your original post, it was just that you seemed to be suggesting there was an essential difference between discrimination based on being a Satanist
I see your point concerning "rising above" the urge to seek revenge but, as you said, we ARE animals and sometimes it can also serve us well to just be what we are, being mindful of the consequences and risks. Constantly trying to transcend
I have two thoughts on this. -- The first, is that revenge does not necessarily lead to a positive end for me. If I were to say, have someone harm myself or a loved one or my property, and I were to strike back (physically in most cases) then I cou
Jump to new posts Re: " Hell in a hand basket" by Citizen_Horror @ 05/24/16 12:33 PM

I just got back from the gym. While there I realized that I am drastically overcomplicating my opinion. Let me try again: 8th Satanic Rule of the Earth: Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself. You are able to avoid t
Jump to new posts Re: " Hell in a hand basket" by Citizen_Horror @ 05/24/16 09:39 AM

Originally Posted By: MannyowarOriginally Posted By: Citizen_Horror[If your instructor treats you differently for wearing your Baphomet for all to see, it is NOT discrimination. If your instructor treated you differently based on your gender or skin
Jump to new posts Happy Birthday Maestro! by Rhythmus @ 05/24/16 08:42 AM

Hail Magus Gilmore! Hail Satan!
Jump to new posts Re: " Hell in a hand basket" by Mannyowar @ 05/24/16 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Citizen_Horror[If your instructor treats you differently for wearing your Baphomet for all to see, it is NOT discrimination. If your instructor treated you differently based on your gender or skin color -- something over which
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations asked by Poetaster @ 05/23/16 08:27 PM

A fine place to start is the recommended reading list over at the official Church of Satan website. You can't go wrong with that list.
Jump to new posts Re: " Hell in a hand basket" by Citizen_Horror @ 05/23/16 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: FeederOfLifeFrce1st my mom, aunts, and now my good friend and instructor... What next? :-( Is honesty sometimes not the best policy? Do I need to keep hiding and lie now? As this is phrased as a question, I interpret it as a
Jump to new posts " Hell in a hand basket" by FeederOfLifeFrce @ 05/23/16 02:47 PM

Well, my karate instructors know I am a Satanist now. My head instructor asked me about it because she saw the baphomet on my collar. She took it upon herself to do "her own" research even though I asked her kindly to go directly to the &qu
Website Comments & Questions
Jump to new posts Re: LTTD vs. Satan Net by Nemo @ 05/23/16 12:10 PM

As I recall the Undercroft was offered about the time Facebook was becoming popular. It remains a far more exclusive Facebook-style medium and lacks many of the more obnoxious problems I understand Facebook users tolerate but continue to complain ab
Jump to new posts Slightly off topic but not entirely by Nemo @ 05/23/16 12:04 PM

Rand handled epistemology (how we know what we know) and ethics (a guide to action) and art quite well but her metaphysics sadly was stuck in the 19th century and is therefore unreliable. But the clarity that her considerations offered about art wer
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Art (A short essay) by alchemy @ 05/23/16 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Dax9There is an essay simply titled "Art?" in Magister Rose's Infernalia that I'm sure you would thoroughly enjoy. Here is a quote from that essay: Quote:Wrap a building in a tarp and it is high art; put a bucket of sh
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Art (A short essay) by Dax9 @ 05/22/16 11:42 PM

Thank you for the recommendation, Magister Nemo. With regard to Ayn Rand, I have only read The Virtue Of Selfishness -- another superlative book but off topic within this thread.
Jump to new posts Re: LTTD vs. Satan Net by Clinthulhu @ 05/22/16 02:24 PM

Thank you Magister Nemo. I enjoy reading both I just wasn't sure if there was a reason for the two or if I was missing something.
Jump to new posts Re: LTTD vs. Satan Net by Nemo @ 05/22/16 11:51 AM

This is only my opinion and I am not an internet "expert" by any means! Letters to the Devil is the older set of forums in a message board format. Undercroft is a more "modern" social network format in the style of Facebook.
Jump to new posts Re: Law of Attraction and satanic rituals? by Nemo @ 05/22/16 11:44 AM

Satanism contains a set of tools you can use to accomplish certain goals. One such tool is Greater Magic. You can use Greater Magic without ever understanding why it works in exactly the same way you can use a light switch to turn on the lights in
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Art (A short essay) by Nemo @ 05/22/16 11:36 AM

The Romantic Manifesto by Ayn Rand offered one of the clearest defintions of art I have found. Essentially she suggested that art is the communication of an abstraction by the means of direct sensory perception.
Jump to new posts LTTD vs. Satan Net by Clinthulhu @ 05/22/16 10:42 AM

What is the difference between Letters to the Devil and the SatanNet Undercroft forums? I'm a member of both however LTTD seems like it has more active users. I'm fine with being a member of both however I was just curious as to why there are two di
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations asked by Cybil @ 05/22/16 03:21 AM

This is an awesome book. One of the best. I would also recommend Sabatini (any book) about Cesare Borgia.
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations asked by Citizen_Horror @ 05/22/16 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: RyuZwha1729I decided to buy a history book with this, but this time I wanted to try out a book that is written in the view of a satanist. I strongly recommend The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene. The 48 Laws of Power distill
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12712 Members
73 Forums
44172 Topics
406174 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold