Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Satanism Discussions
09/19/18 01:16 PM
As I head into work today, that sounds like a wonderful strategy to employ. Oh, how I wish! Lol. :-)

*Ostriches are the cutest.
9 193 more...
09/18/18 12:18 AM
Originally Posted By: gale_force
eighing in on this.

The issue at hand is that I've seen these work dynamics before, and it is the amount of manipulation and cunning involved in the smear campaigns, the covert stuff. These people can--and DO--do a lot of damage. To work performance, reputation, work relationships, morale, etc. I'm not "suffering" emotionally, as much as I'm concerned about her tactics and looking for feedback on fighting back, the Satanist Way, lol.

Perhaps I disregard office politics as unimportant because I'm so unskilled at playing the game that I try to bury my head in the sand like an ostrich. Thank you for your reply.
9 193 more...
09/17/18 09:33 PM
Your manager is the masichist, sorry if my reply was unclear.
9 193 more...
09/17/18 12:12 PM
I was raised Catholic, went to Catholic grade school, high school, and college. In my early to mid-twenties I started to explore more New Age-y stuff, then slid into a stint with Course In Miracles (lol, I know, I know) then one day I was just over talking about God. I knew it was a hoax. Then came Shamanism. I still dabble in Tarot as a psychological tool. I hug trees and I love them more than people. Went through a brief Goddess-worship phase somewhere in there. It's a mish-mash, and I don't recall the exact timeline.

Now, in my 50's, I've come to understand the truth, and to be willing to embrace it, however awkwardly. My exploration of Satanism and Objectivism is ongoing and I'm grateful to be who I am now. If a bit lonely because there's such rampant insanity everywhere.
21 1,335 more...
09/17/18 12:01 PM
Hi. I thank you for your comment. I'm not 100% sure whether you are referring to me--or to my wacko manager--as the masochist, so I'll hold of on saying anything more.
9 193 more...
09/17/18 11:58 AM
Thank You.:-)

You get it.

Yes, I will probably leave...
9 193 more...
09/17/18 11:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Bitterfly
Ha, between me and you the LttD board should open up counseling services for a fee and make a killing.

I had a friend once whose wife would get jealous over the attention he displayed to his pet cats. I don't know anyone involved, but perhaps the owner feels this childish struggling for approval is just as tiresome as my example sounds. Just something to consider.

Second of all, you seem to be deeply impacted emotionally by this woman's negative opinion of you. I can only judge from what I see in myself so take this with a grain of salt, but: letting someone affect you that deeply is a sign of an undeveloped and healthy ego. Ideally, you'd be happy and fulfilled enough that this woman's pettiness would be at worst a minor annoyance.

I could be wrong; perhaps the woman is really a tyrant and the atmosphere at your place of work is toxic. I really can't say more without more information.

Hiya and thanks for weighing in on this.

The issue at hand is that I've seen these work dynamics before, and it is the amount of manipulation and cunning involved in the smear campaigns, the covert stuff. These people can--and DO--do a lot of damage. To work performance, reputation, work relationships, morale, etc. I'm not "suffering" emotionally, as much as I'm concerned about her tactics and looking for feedback on fighting back, the Satanist Way, lol.
9 193 more...
09/17/18 08:21 AM
That describes a recent experience of mine to such a degree I would have thought we had the same manager and worked for the same business.

It depends on your situation.

Personally, I walked in one morning and told her I'm leaving and I walked out. I did this on a day when I knew it would completely drop her in the shit.

That was 3 months ago. The business has since took a dive. I liked the boss above her - the area business manager - but in light of the fact he failed to act on proven malpractice he left me no choice.

If you're able, walk out. It won't get better.
9 193 more...
09/17/18 04:03 AM
Have you tried indifference?

I agree with Dr. LaVey when he says that such people are actually masochists.

This person will only be somewhat happy when completely down, out, and unable to work.
9 193 more...
09/16/18 11:44 PM
Ha, between me and you the LttD board should open up counseling services for a fee and make a killing.

I had a friend once whose wife would get jealous over the attention he displayed to his pet cats. I don't know anyone involved, but perhaps the owner feels this childish struggling for approval is just as tiresome as my example sounds. Just something to consider.

Second of all, you seem to be deeply impacted emotionally by this woman's negative opinion of you. I can only judge from what I see in myself so take this with a grain of salt, but: letting someone affect you that deeply is a sign of an undeveloped and healthy ego. Ideally, you'd be happy and fulfilled enough that this woman's pettiness would be at worst a minor annoyance.

I could be wrong; perhaps the woman is really a tyrant and the atmosphere at your place of work is toxic. I really can't say more without more information.
9 193 more...
09/16/18 10:35 PM
Hi friends,

I feel I would benfit from feedback from a select group of people--Satanists.

I am very good at my job. A veteran in my profession. I perform well at work and am esteemed by the owner of the business. The new manager, I believe, is perhaps a sociopath or a narcissist. She is extremely competitive with me for the owner's esteem and approval, and seems to have a diabolical need for power and control. I have always known this, but have been mostly focused on doing my job, not realizing that I was her target. It was brought to my attention, by two employees who had given notice of resignation, that the manager has been talking about me to other staff for quite some time, calling me various unsavory names, and stating that SHE would prefer that I didn't work for the company. I took my concerns to the owner of the business, upon hearing this, and he assured me that my job was not in jeopardy, and that this behavior on the part of the manager was unacceptable and he would deal with it straight away. My experience has shown me that, with certain personality types, they only redouble their efforts when thwarted. I think she is really gunning to bring me down, and that it will only be a matter of time until she gets past this little slap on the wrist from the owner. I believe she will only get more subtle and sneaky. She's scary and I am looking for feedback about what you--as a more experienced Satanist--would do in this situation. So far, I'm just hanging out, trying to be cool, and feeling under attack by a psycho.

Thanks for reading.
9 193 more...
Forum Statistics
Forums73
Topics44,558
Posts408,091
Members13,351
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.010s Queries: 6 (0.006s) Memory: 1.0017 MB (Peak: 1.0433 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-09-23 14:00:46 UTC