Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Satanism Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: LaVey and Jesus parallels by Janina @ Today at 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Slowdown As you see, I was talking about an hypothetical unaware reader. Yes, I see what you mean and I understood what you wrote.
Jump to new posts Re: LaVey and Jesus parallels by Slowdown @ Today at 09:18 AM

Well, it seems we made the same choice. By the way, I read the Satanic bible years before an italian translation even existed. As you see, I was talking about an hypothetical unaware reader. I know people here do things the right way.
Jump to new posts Re: LaVey and Jesus parallels by Janina @ Today at 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Slowdown I know, this is just a small thing, but I feel it is quite significant anyway: an unaware reader reads the whole bible to find out that, in their rituals, satanists seem to invoke angels. I have made the choice to re
Satanism By Example
Jump to new posts Re: my interview by Dax9 @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

That was awesome, my friend! You remained calm and smooth and sustained a sense of humor throughout the entire interview. I hope to hear many, many more interviews from you, Sir! Great job! Hail Satan!
Satanism By Example
Jump to new posts my interview by UnholyRoller @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

my interview regarding Satanism conducted 7/26 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-6xWWV-PQ8 if it is out of place please move to the proper forum
Jump to new posts Re: LaVey and Jesus parallels by Nemo @ Yesterday at 04:27 PM

Quote:Just one question came to my mind: do you think that the passing of time could expose a young religion like Satanism to an increasing number of misunderstandings, due to debatable editors' choices, bad translations, and so on? And, if so, how d
Jump to new posts Re: LaVey and Jesus parallels by Slowdown @ Yesterday at 12:16 PM

Reading what Priestess LKRice wrote about LaVey's philosophy and the problems coming with translations, one fact came to my mind. A couple of months ago a friend of mine showed me an italian translation of The Satanic Bible he had just bought. The t
Jump to new posts Re: What/who do you think Satan is? by Valtiel @ 07/28/14 01:03 PM

I take from it what very many other individuals here clearly do, the idea of Satan as a moniker or figurehead representing indulgence, enjoyment, the carnality of our existence, and making oneself happy. Many things. The part of me who simply loves
Jump to new posts Re: LaVey and Jesus parallels by Mr. E. Mann @ 07/27/14 06:59 PM

I will certainly look for that, Magister Nemo. Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: LaVey and Jesus parallels by Nemo @ 07/27/14 04:00 PM

You might enjoy The Power Tactics of Jesus Christ and Other Essays by Jay Haley.
Jump to new posts Re: LaVey and Jesus parallels by Mr. E. Mann @ 07/27/14 01:57 PM

I understand all of that. I just find it amusing and even beneficial to a degree to pay attention to the methods that seem to have worked for both of them. If you aren't interested, it's simple enough to ignore the subject.
Jump to new posts Re: LaVey and Jesus parallels by Janina @ 07/27/14 11:47 AM

Well first of all, Jesus did not leave any written documentary of his teachings, but Dr. LaVey did. Jesus and his followers were reaching for higher purpose aka life after this one, but Magus stated very clearly that this life is the only possible fo
Jump to new posts Re: LaVey and Jesus parallels by Mr. E. Mann @ 07/27/14 10:12 AM

Differences are fine also. I just assumed that most people on here were already aware of those and that it could be interesting to see how the same methods and viewpoints could be applied in drastically different ways (not that LaVey and Jesus shared
Jump to new posts Re: LaVey and Jesus parallels by LKRice @ 07/27/14 10:05 AM

How about some differences, rather than parallels? Proof exists that LaVey actually existed while it's highly debatable that Jesus did. There's also the fact that LaVey's philosophy hasn't been translated, re-translated, and mistranslated like the
Jump to new posts LaVey and Jesus parallels by Mr. E. Mann @ 07/27/14 09:27 AM

I'm sure that many of the readers here have already recognized these parallels between LaVey and Jesus but I thought it would be fun - and maybe even eye-opening for a few people - to post a handful of them. 1) Both men held the view that this world
Questions about the Church of Satan
Jump to new posts Re: Hi! Im new and i have questions by Nemo @ 07/23/14 06:43 PM

You are most welcome.

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43831 Topics
405233 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements