Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Questions about the Church of Satan
Jump to new posts History of Baphomet by Jakobo deTauxroj @ Today at 11:55 AM

A similar thread was started here, but I didn't think it was appropriate to piggy-back the original thread, and as the rules state, only CoS members are permitted to reply to threads in this category. I saw a recent interview between Megyn Kelly
Jump to new posts Re: Church of Satan rank/sigil question by MatTheBlack @ Today at 10:15 AM

Ah, cool. I wanted to be sure that when I decide to get my own Sigil of Baphomet that I'd not be falsely and accidentally portraying myself as one of rank. I can imagine walking down the street one day, proudly wearing the Sigil and a fellow Satanist
General Satanism Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: My Grandfather / Compassion Ritual by Janina @ Today at 02:28 AM

Also, if you have experience, you may modify some parts of existing ritual literature to your own needs and make it resonate for you only. For all the existing literature there is numerous ways to modify it to your needs. You may also write your
Jump to new posts Re: My Grandfather / Compassion Ritual by Dax9 @ Today at 12:15 AM

You have my condolences, and I thank your grandfather for his courageous service. Quote: May his suffering come to and end. Do you have The Satanic Scriptures by Magus Gilmore? With all respect I will mention that there is a funeral rite in that t
Jump to new posts Re: Church of Satan rank/sigil question by LKRice @ Yesterday at 04:14 PM

I understand colors were used in the early days, but they're no longer used now.
Jump to new posts Re: My Grandfather / Compassion Ritual by Chaos_Sedated @ Yesterday at 03:24 PM

Sounds like he's earned his rest. Good luck.
Jump to new posts My Grandfather / Compassion Ritual by Iscariot @ Yesterday at 02:14 PM

Greetings, Today, I finally found an application for the Compassion Ritual. As I have read through Satanic literature, I felt as if the Compassion Ritual was sort of like the Athanasian Creed (The third Lutheran/Catholic Creed, for those unfamiliar
Jump to new posts Church of Satan rank/sigil question by MatTheBlack @ Yesterday at 12:56 PM

I've read somewhere that the Church of Satan uses or has used the colour of the Sigil of Baphomet worn (lapel pin) to denote rank/standing in the Church of Satan. Is this done/still done and which colours denote which rank? Rank, I feel isn't quite
Jump to new posts Re: Anton Lavey by Bill_M @ Yesterday at 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: joem6561There seems to be a gap in information regarding Anton Szandor Lavey's whereabouts or doings from the time period 1975 to 1990. Can anyone shed light? Had the devil truly made work for idle hands? Or did his hands bec
Jump to new posts Re: Missing portions of the Satanic Bible? by Bill_M @ Yesterday at 10:27 AM

This is all the more reason why people should avoid those illegal electronic copies. So yeah, hang tight and wait for the paperbacks you ordered. On a related note, what's REALLY worthy of a face-palm is when some people think they should avoid the
Jump to new posts Re: satanic food culture by Jakobo deTauxroj @ Yesterday at 04:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Nemo[quote]"Maturation" implies it is not already complete in terms of its function. With all respect, I don't mean maturity in the sense of function but in growth. If its function was finished, then there would have
Jump to new posts Re: Anton Lavey by Chaos_Sedated @ Yesterday at 01:47 AM

I believe Magistra Barton's book "The Church of Satan" covers some of this (new edition is in the works). LaVey was actively writing material in the mid-seventies, and the Satanic Panic hit in the 80's, which he responded to through his rep
Jump to new posts Re: Anton Lavey by Janina @ Yesterday at 12:40 AM

Well, our founder and High Priest LaVey was also a family man with spouse and children, so I am not surprised if he wanted to keep some part of his life as private. What he did by codifying the philosophy of our religion and founding the organizati
Jump to new posts Re: satanic food culture by Nemo @ 07/31/15 07:04 PM

Quote:...if the religion (or philosophy?) founded by LaVey and built upon by Magus Gilmore, Magister Nemo, and others is to continue its path of maturation... I cannot speak for the "others" you mention, but I can for myself. I cannot see
Jump to new posts Re: Missing portions of the Satanic Bible? by LKRice @ 07/31/15 06:46 PM

There are no authorized electronic versions of "The Satanic Bible", so something could have been inserted into or deleted from the illegal PDF. Best to wait until you get the actual books. The only revision that has been done to the book
Jump to new posts Rosemary's Baby by joem6561 @ 07/31/15 06:12 PM

Does anyone else feel a strange connection to the dark side and the occult areas such as the COS due to being born in the late 1960s, early seventies when Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist and The Omen had hit the movie thatres>
Jump to new posts Anton Lavey by joem6561 @ 07/31/15 06:04 PM

There seems to be a gap in information regarding Anton Szandor Lavey's whereabouts or doings from the time period 1975 to 1990. Can anyone shed light? Had the devil truly made work for idle hands? Or did his hands become idle from the devil's work
Jump to new posts Missing portions of the Satanic Bible? by Jakobo deTauxroj @ 07/31/15 05:58 PM

I recently ordered most of the source books listed on the CoS website, but until they arrive (hooray for super-saver shipping on Amazon.ca) I've been working out of a PDF file of the Satanic Bible and whatever I can find on the website. I'm curious t
Jump to new posts Re: satanic food culture by Jakobo deTauxroj @ 07/31/15 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: IncurablyCuriousWould make for a few nice stories in line with this one, however: http://www.churchofsatan.com/welcome-to-canada.php Canada looks very nice and polite from the outside looking in, and most Americans think Cana
Jump to new posts Re: satanic food culture by Jakobo deTauxroj @ 07/31/15 05:29 PM

Your post made me laugh, not because it was a joke in itself, but because it reminded me of "A Modest Proposal," by Jonathan Swift. I can't say that I travel enough to have even thought of such a thing, but I mostly agree with others that i
Website and LttD Updates
Anyone care to enlighten me as to what happened to my posts?
The Devil's Review
Jump to new posts Re: Orange Baphomet Medallion by Dax9 @ 07/30/15 01:04 AM

You better believe it! All merchandise from iSatanist and John H. Shaw is top of the line.
Satanism By Example
Jump to new posts Truth Be Told Interviews Rev. Raul Antony on Satanism by Chaos_Sedated @ 07/30/15 12:30 AM

Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions on Satanic Books to read by MatTheBlack @ 07/28/15 08:15 AM

I've got a few from the list coming in the mail at the moment. Going to have to order more. I've not heard of the ones in your signature but I'll look into those as well.
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions on Satanic Books to read by MatTheBlack @ 07/28/15 08:12 AM

I will look into it. Many thanks.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12674 Members
73 Forums
43996 Topics
405000 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold