Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Satanism Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: E-Cigarettes by ShishKebab @ Today at 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: QuaarkHumans and cats (and dogs etc) react differently to different chemicals. Precisely. Remember that milk gives most cats diarrhea.
Jump to new posts Re: whats your story? by ShishKebab @ Today at 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Midnightl was excited to find out that l wasn’t the only one alive who thought the way l did. My sentiments exactly. The first time I read the writings of LeVay and saw the way Satanists converse with each other, I felt as tho
Jump to new posts Re: Do you say "thank god" or something else? by AoiYami @ Today at 12:19 AM

Ironically in my area there are those that take the whole "don't say god's name in vain" thing very seriously but I would have to assume that they are fine with "thank god" and whatnot. I remember that I was told by other kids whe
Jump to new posts Re: Do you say "thank god" or something else? by ShishKebab @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

I grew up in a pretty strict Catholic environment where saying "Thank God" or "Oh my God" was considered breaking the second commandment, so it's funny for me to hear someone say they use them to fit into the community. As for &q
Jump to new posts Re: Do you say "thank god" or something else? by TheAbysmal @ 08/26/14 10:37 PM

This one seems answered really well, though I'll chime in to say I think it's a good question. Comedian Dane Cook had a nice atheist skit once, and he gives the subject of sneezing and saying "God bless you" funny treatment: [video:youtub
General Announcements
Jump to new posts Re: News Feed for the Church of Satan Website by Dax9 @ 08/26/14 09:32 PM

Agreed, I like the recent contributions by Warlock Mandrake, Witch Morivond, Reverend Raul Antony, and Hef With Horns!
Jump to new posts Re: Do you say "thank god" or something else? by Waya @ 08/26/14 06:35 PM

You're thinking way too much about this one.
Jump to new posts Re: Do you say "thank god" or something else? by AoiYami @ 08/26/14 04:46 PM

Very good point, thanks. I see that no matter how much the phrase bothers me to say I'm still going to end up having to say it.
Jump to new posts Re: Do you say "thank god" or something else? by Callier @ 08/26/14 04:40 PM

Oh my god for Christ sake it's just a phrase.
Jump to new posts Re: Do you say "thank god" or something else? by L'Horreur @ 08/26/14 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: AoiYamiI was thinking about how in my area it is quite common to hear the phrase "thank god" and I myself catch myself using it just because I'm used to it. I find it annoying due to the implications I make just by say
Jump to new posts Re: Do you say "thank god" or something else? by Mr. E. Mann @ 08/26/14 12:01 PM

Now I like him even more!
Jump to new posts Re: Do you say "thank god" or something else? by Quaark @ 08/26/14 10:51 AM

When Googling "is Morgan Freeman an atheist?", Google spits this answer out at the top of the search results. His answer is pretty damn explicitly Satanic (I-theistic). But I doubt he has any problems using Christian lingo when it makes s
Jump to new posts Re: Do you say "thank god" or something else? by AoiYami @ 08/26/14 10:38 AM

You all offer good points, thank you.
Jump to new posts Re: Do you say "thank god" or something else? by Quaark @ 08/26/14 07:36 AM

Part of applying Satanic philosophy in daily life is simple practicality in blending unobtrusively into one's social environment (if that is what is appropriate at the time), and successfully manipulating people in subtle ways, (if that's what the si
Jump to new posts Re: Do you say "thank god" or something else? by Mr. E. Mann @ 08/26/14 05:29 AM

There's nothing wrong with "thank God". It's just an expression. Besides - from the sound of it, you wanna blend into your environment anyway. It's also okay to say "bless you" when people sneeze. But if it really bothers you,
Jump to new posts Re: Do you say "thank god" or something else? by Nemo @ 08/26/14 12:25 AM

Why, I ALWAYS say "Thank God!"
Jump to new posts Do you say "thank god" or something else? by AoiYami @ 08/25/14 10:00 PM

I was thinking about how in my area it is quite common to hear the phrase "thank god" and I myself catch myself using it just because I'm used to it. I find it annoying due to the implications I make just by saying that but I can't think of
Jump to new posts Re: Your Favourite Indulgences? by Luigi @ 08/25/14 11:09 AM

I can be fun and outgoing when needed (according to the social setting), but I do love to indulge in solitude. Especially when a good book is at hand.
Jump to new posts Re: What/who do you think Satan is? by Persephona44 @ 08/24/14 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: TrojZyrI like that analogy--particularly the bit about booing your right hand while cheering your left (or whichever)! Satan is the one who said "No", and by the way the one who was intelligent enough to not be a shee
Questions about the Church of Satan
Jump to new posts Re: SB Direction Question by Equinox @ 08/24/14 01:05 PM

Thank you both, Magister Nemo and Reverend Bill, for your succinct explanations. The picture is much clearer now, and I appreciate it!
Jump to new posts Re: E-Cigarettes by Quaark @ 08/24/14 08:55 AM

Humans and cats (and dogs etc) react differently to different chemicals. Propylene glycol can be very toxic to cats, but is generally never toxic to humans. Propylene glycol has been the standard approved carrier for medical inhalant devices for qui
Jump to new posts Re: E-Cigarettes by Isabel23 @ 08/23/14 11:06 PM

Even the EWG gives propylene glycol a low to moderate hazard rating. As you say, not bad compared to regular cigarettes. I personally do not have much confidence in GRAS ratings - too many loopholes, sloppy definitions, lousy studies. I did hav
Jump to new posts Re: SB Direction Question by Bill_M @ 08/23/14 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: EquinoxLet's say you perform any kind of ritual. If investigating or contemplating over whether your ritual had any kind of effect results in the destruction of your efforts, how is it possible to know that your efforts had any
Jump to new posts Re: SB Direction Question by Nemo @ 08/23/14 09:56 PM

I did address this issue in some depth in my Undercroft blog here if you have access to that network. I also discussed this issue in my 9-Sense Halloween interview with Adam Cambell (link in my signature here). I should also mention that there is
Jump to new posts SB Direction Question by Equinox @ 08/23/14 07:39 PM

Good morning/afternoon/evening, As the title of this post indicates, my question pertains to the "Direction" section of the Satanic Bible (specifically on page 126). Dr. LaVey describes in the paragraphs on this page about how one should
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12105 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405519 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements