Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Satanism Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: Expiry date of the human race by Nemo @ Today at 12:55 PM

I support animal welfare also. After all, I am an animal too!! Reminds me of the old debate over what is "natural" and what is "artificial". As a part of the new interpretation of human Original Sin, if ants make it or be
Jump to new posts Re: Expiry date of the human race by LightAngel @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: IncurablyCurious Well, it certainly does taste a *lot* better. Especially the ones you go to an actual organic, free range farm and buy yourself (rather than trust a supermarket with). I otherwise agree with what you and o
Jump to new posts Re: Only the Strong Survive? by Flynch @ 06/24/16 03:28 PM

My mistake, I didn't know and should have checked the spelling. Anton LaVey was a great man and I meant no disrespect. Thank you for letting me know so I can avoid this in future.
Jump to new posts Re: Famous Scholarly Atheists by alchemy @ 06/24/16 12:42 PM

I don't have too much to add except my own warm welcome, and that I'm reminded of "Wanted! God, Dead or Alive" in The Satanic Bible, which contrasts the atheistic component of Satanism to the beliefs of organized religions in a truthful yet
Jump to new posts Re: Famous Scholarly Atheists by Mannyowar @ 06/24/16 05:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Quaark. And I agree that in general, pondering this is of little practical value to most people in the normal course of daily life, unless one is getting paid to write a book on the subject. That sums up my feelings about
Jump to new posts Re: Famous Scholarly Atheists by Quaark @ 06/23/16 09:24 PM

The question of free will versus determinism is a classic case of a hidden false dichotomy created by the linguistic distinctions contained in the premise of the question itself. If there are only two options on the table to describe the human condi
Jump to new posts Re: Famous Scholarly Atheists by LowKey @ 06/23/16 08:28 PM

The concept of free will has been under attack - and rightfully so - for some time. But to be a Satanist is to be practical. Questioning whether or not we are born with free will in no way appears to be helpful to us. It benefits me more to assume th
Jump to new posts Re: Famous Scholarly Atheists by m tragedy666 @ 06/23/16 07:14 PM

I don't think Dr. LaVey was wrong. These things just take time. In 1st world countries, religion attendees are going now. The Ken Ham young earther folk may be getting louder, but that's to be expected. Recent polls show that the "nones"
Jump to new posts Re: Famous Scholarly Atheists by Mannyowar @ 06/23/16 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By: m tragedy666 I can't think of a greater or faster way to bury Abrahamic religions, and other religions in general, than through education and empirical knowledge. I firmly believe that science is the key to bettering the world
Jump to new posts Re: Only the Strong Survive? by Dax9 @ 06/22/16 10:04 PM

Quote:A couple things: You don't accept altruism? It's very real in nature, and I could give you thousands of examples. We are under no obligation to accept altruism. Like many, I don't subscribe to the concept of "pure altruism"; being ch
Jump to new posts Re: Only the Strong Survive? by m tragedy666 @ 06/22/16 05:36 PM

A couple things: You don't accept altruism? It's very real in nature, and I could give you thousands of examples. In fact, basic altruism in "lower" animals was almost certainly the stepping stones of morality. Read Dan Barkers, "T
Jump to new posts Famous Scholarly Atheists by m tragedy666 @ 06/22/16 05:20 PM

Greetings everyone! This my first post here, and I hope I'll be welcomed. I first read The Satanic Bible in my Catholic grade school and identified with it profusely. I read all of LaVey's work through high school and have considered myself a Sa
Jump to new posts Re: Only the Strong Survive? by Quaark @ 06/22/16 03:13 PM

1. You spelled Anton LaVey's name incorrectly. 2. It is considered disrespectful to only use his last name in this way (ignoring that it was spelled wrong as well). There are people here who knew him and were his friends. Even they do not do this.
Jump to new posts Re: Only the Strong Survive? by Flynch @ 06/22/16 01:49 PM

Levay uses a lot of metaphors. For people not familiar with the writing style it's easy to get confused. When Satanists talk about weakness their not talking about money or physical strength but rather a state of mind and will power. Those of strong
I got myself back. Without going into too much detail, unless anyone really wants to hear it, I was a strong person who never took anything from anyone. Then I went through a horrible experience, blamed myself, internalized negative views of myself.
What a horrible experience. Betrayed by someone you thought you could trust. Religious discrimination is illegal. Right's have to be fought for but pick your battles wisely. Laws aren't based on what is right but on what you can prove. If this has al
While I sympathize - of course! - with you, reality is not this simple. Having four lawyers in my family has taught me that what is legal or illegal simply does not exist, until the lawyers and judges and juries have all gone through the meat grinde
Jump to new posts Re: Kicked out of Karate because the CoS is in my life. by FeederOfLifeFrce @ 06/21/16 11:43 PM

It is Illegal. Thant much I know.
Jump to new posts Re: Very new here/about me by JohnnyRedcap @ 06/21/16 01:16 PM

Thanks Dax, I appreciate the welcome and the advice.
Questions about the Church of Satan
Jump to new posts Re: Is My Understanding Correct? by TheologyStudent @ 06/20/16 09:33 PM

I see, and I am 100% on board with that ideal considering I don't feel human without a shower. As I said, I knew the passage was at best minor but I just wanted clarification out of sheer curiosity (it comes with dissecting ideology from an outsid
Jump to new posts Re: Is My Understanding Correct? by Quaark @ 06/20/16 06:32 PM

Personally, I just ignore what anyone says about this, including Doktor LaVey, and listen to my own sense of what works for me. I shower daily, have all my life, and feel like absolute crap without my morning shower. And if I had an extra vigorous d
Jump to new posts Re: Is My Understanding Correct? by TheologyStudent @ 06/20/16 03:17 PM

Normally I wait so I can reply to as many as possible (as to be space-efficient) but I also don't know how active this board is / how many will view my post and I didn't want to "leave you hanging". Thank you, Quaark for your kind welcom

Forum Stats
12748 Members
73 Forums
44187 Topics
405848 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold