Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Satanism Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: What is success? by TheDegenerate @ 04/16/14 08:03 AM

More to the point, I think success can and should be measured by the cultivation of skills in an arena that the individual is obsessively passionate about. I think the only thing that differentiates great people from the mediocre is that the great on
Jump to new posts Re: What is success? by Mr. E. Mann @ 04/16/14 05:35 AM

While I agree with your point that being successful does not necessarily equate with being elite, I think that elitism has more than one face. Elitism - at least in my opinion - can encompass having the guts and the brains to not give a damn about be
Jump to new posts Re: What is success? by Drake_Bamboozle @ 04/16/14 12:30 AM

>> ...And God is not known to question his own value as a "success". << My own point is that one must also not use this as an excuse to do jack-shit with their lives and still claim to be some elite being. Millions of jobless
Jump to new posts Re: What is success? by Nemo @ 04/15/14 06:40 PM

Success is nothing more or less than a measure of accomplishment based upon some given standard. However you are never a success yourself. Only what you DO can be measured as successful or not. As a Satanist, what you ARE is not up for any measure
Jump to new posts Re: What is success? by NapalmNick @ 04/15/14 05:40 PM

Clearly a huge aspect of success is being able to show that to others. I might not particularly like what someone does, but if it isn't harmful, makes them happy, and they have ways of showing that they did something, they are successful.
Jump to new posts Re: What is success? by Drake_Bamboozle @ 04/15/14 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: CallierI agree with what you're saying but where is the line drawn if there is a line at all? Some guy on the street begging for change may not be successful to the person with a job. In turn, the person with a job may not be s
Jump to new posts Re: What is success? by verszou @ 04/15/14 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Jupiter Ultimately, there "should" be a final definition of success in Satanic context, of course Only if you think of success as a final state to achieve. But that is rarely the case. I often joke to colleagues who
Jump to new posts Re: What is success? by Callier @ 04/15/14 12:36 PM

I agree with what you're saying but where is the line drawn if there is a line at all? Some guy on the street begging for change may not be successful to the person with a job. In turn, the person with a job may not be successful to a person running
Jump to new posts Re: What is success? by Mr. E. Mann @ 04/14/14 04:12 PM

An excellent point. It's easy to call your life a success story when you set out to accomplish little in the first place. But, then, that's about all some people are able to accomplish. Up until now, this whole thread has been about how one defines
Jump to new posts Re: What is success? by Drake_Bamboozle @ 04/14/14 03:05 PM

As others have said, it is a question of assessing whether you have achieved the goals you have set for yourself. However, many people also use this as an excuse for mediocrity. People of few skills and little ability in life set the bar extremely
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43643 Topics
404173 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements