LttD Photos

Posted by: Magister Frost

LttD Photos - 04/13/07 08:09 AM

In your "My Stuff" section you will notice a new feature called LttD Photos (name subject to change). In this area you can post photos of whatever you like to share with the rest of the users on the forum. Only Registered Users can see this area, no lurkers. CoS Members have their own special area also that can only be seen by CoS Members. The photos are not moderated so lets all work to keep it that way, if I noticed photos being posted that violate any of the board rules I will switch the photo area to moderated and approve each photo as they come in.

If you have suggestions for new categories in the photo section please post them here and I will consider them.

The next major feature to be added will be the Arcade. I am sorry to report that I will not be able to move over the old scores from the older version of the arcade, so everyone will have to start fresh. I will however add more games than last time to give everyone more choices. After that I am thinking of adding a product review script that will allow users to review products in a much nicer fashion than the current system. Also the new logo and a few new stylesheets will be added by next week.
Posted by: Coronach

Re: LttD Photos - 04/13/07 08:28 AM

Greetings. When you click on a photo attachment in a post, it returns you to the main page. Do you then go to the LttD Photos section of My Stuff to view the photo?
I'm a little confused, but then I've been without the internet for a year and a half now...

Cheers!

Re: LttD Photos - 04/13/07 08:32 AM

Photos in attachments (photos located in posts) are different from the gallery. I will be integrating the gallery with the message board more when I get time. Eventually there will be a selection option where you can put gallery photos in posts.

The reason you are not seeing some attachments is because when the old board was moved to this database, the photos had a slight problem. I am working on fixing this but I do not know if I will be able to. Any new posts that have attachments to them you will see the photo, this "bug" only applies to posts from the old board.
Posted by: Mr_47

Re: LttD Photos - 04/13/07 11:47 AM

I was playing around with this feature a bit yesterday, I really like it! Thanks again, Magister Ventrue.
Posted by: Evil_Eve

Re: LttD Photos - 04/13/07 12:05 PM

Okay, I'm having a bit of trouble here. I try to upload photos into an album I created for 'Satanic Automotive Studies' and it won't allow Me to even upload one photo.

Say's that I am over My limit for the day?

Re: LttD Photos - 04/13/07 12:18 PM

humm, I will look at this and see why it is doing that.

Re: LttD Photos - 04/13/07 12:19 PM

Thank you Magister. \:\)
Posted by: Minus

Re: LttD Photos - 04/13/07 04:33 PM

Quote:
The next major feature to be added will be the Arcade. I am sorry to report that I will not be able to move over the old scores from the older version of the arcade, so everyone will have to start fresh.

You hear that, Tier Instinct? You may actually have a shot at Summer Games again. Time to get back in shape...
Posted by: Lust

Re: LttD Photos - 04/13/07 05:34 PM

Quote:
You hear that, Tier Instinct? You may actually have a shot at Summer Games again. Time to get back in shape...

I hear ya! I was close to beating you AGAIN before the change!
Posted by: Blackened_Son

Re: LttD Photos - 04/13/07 08:35 PM

I have to admet I'm having alot of fun with this feature! This is a wonderful idea Magister Venture!

Re: LttD Photos - 04/14/07 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Magister_Ventrue
The next major feature to be added will be the Arcade. I am sorry to report that I will not be able to move over the old scores from the older version of the arcade,

Your ass is mine, TiNiMoCo. =P
Posted by: Danny Mc.

Re: LttD Photos - 04/14/07 06:58 AM

Quote:
Your ass is mine, TiNiMoCo. =P

;\) You may bow with puckered lips!
Osculum infame.

Re: LttD Photos - 04/14/07 12:56 PM

Touché

We shall see, we shall see.

Re: LttD Photos - 04/16/07 01:02 PM

Dear Magister Ventrue,

Just a quick question:

I tried to set My albums to 'private' and it said that they were, however I can still see the pictures when I log into the photo section.

Is there a trick to import all of My photos into a private album?

Thank you. \:\)

Re: LttD Photos - 04/16/07 01:33 PM

I will be working on the Photo area tonight and hopefully I will get all the permissions to act like they should. I will post a final "how to and limitations" post when I am finished.

Re: LttD Photos - 04/16/07 01:38 PM

Thank you so much. \:\)

I really love the photo section, it's an excellent addition to these already wonderful forums.
Posted by: The_Lightning

Genius! - 04/16/07 02:43 PM

This picture-uploading option is just fantastic! (=
~gleeful~

(Thank you for your comment, by the way )
Posted by: Barb

Re: LttD Photos - 04/16/07 06:59 PM

I was playing with the photo area, and it's a lot of fun. \:\)

If I create an album and set it to private, I am assuming that means that only other CoS members would be able to see it. Am I correct, or does it mean that only I would be able to see it?

Also, I was trying to upload an .mpg file yesterday, and was having some trouble with that. After hitting the upload/submit button and then waiting for it, it just went back to the screen it was when I had it ready, with my file selected, name, and description, just before I hit the upload/submit button; like it just stopped uploading or something. And it says that .mpg files are one of the allowable file types you can upload.