The Letters to the Devil Arcade

Posted by: Magister Frost

The Letters to the Devil Arcade - 02/23/09 06:17 PM

Yes, you are reading this correctly .. the arcade is finally back!!! So far I have given it strict test and everything has passed with flying colors!

So for those of you who are VIP enabled, you may now play! At the current moment I only have 5 games up but I will be adding many many more over the course of the week. I have to test each game as I add it to make sure it is fully compatible with the arcade system, so it takes a little time.

To begin playing, just click on the "Arcade" heading on the menu bar.

To Challenge another VIP user to a game, visit their profile and click "Challenge". You can also view other users Stats on their profile.

The arcade can only be accessed by VIP members, you will however see the "challenge" option on everyone's profile ... this will be corrected in the future once I finish all the code for that section. If you challenge a non-VIP member, the challenge will never be completed since they cannot access the arcade section.

Enjoy!
Posted by: wendydarling

Re: The Letters to the Devil Arcade - 02/23/09 06:31 PM

I have just tried to use the arcade, and even though I have an upgraded account, I am getting a message that my post count is not high enough to use the arcade.

Re: The Letters to the Devil Arcade - 02/23/09 07:10 PM

Ah yes, that is true .. smile Let me fix that ... !!!

Re: The Letters to the Devil Arcade - 02/23/09 07:11 PM

Ok, it should be fixed now!

Re: The Letters to the Devil Arcade - 02/23/09 07:20 PM

Thank you! I am glad to be able to play Tetris again! smile

Re: The Letters to the Devil Arcade - 02/23/09 08:58 PM

Just one more slight problem I seem to be having: after playing the Wheel of Fortune game, when I click on submit to post my score, it sends me to the Undercroft home page.

Re: The Letters to the Devil Arcade - 02/23/09 09:07 PM

Yeah, I need to delete that one, it is not compatible! This is what I meant by having to test each game personally!!!! smile
Posted by: Perseus

Re: The Letters to the Devil Arcade - 02/24/09 01:09 AM

Ah thanks for adding this. Once you complete a game and press "submit score" (Mario 2) it straight away sends the user back to their home page on the Undercroft. Is this intentional or an unforeseen glitch?

Upon review this has been answered.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: The Letters to the Devil Arcade - 02/24/09 02:50 AM

Perseus, I think that above your post, you can find answer for your question...
Posted by: WolfMoon

Re: The Letters to the Devil Arcade - 02/24/09 10:47 AM

Awesome! I enjoyed this back when it was on here before.

Thank you!

Re: The Letters to the Devil Arcade - 02/24/09 11:33 AM

Dear Magister Ventrue, I am complaining, for girls is written:
King of Arcade instead of Queen of Arcade! smile

Re: The Letters to the Devil Arcade - 02/24/09 11:40 AM

That would be a tough one to solve as I would need to write a script that would determine if the user was male or female ... I will see if there is a more "gender" friendly word that could be used in place of king.
Posted by: Roho_the_Rooster

Re: The Letters to the Devil Arcade - 02/24/09 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Magister_Ventrue
I will see if there is a more "gender" friendly word that could be used in place of king.

Monarch?

Re: The Letters to the Devil Arcade - 02/24/09 12:15 PM

Thank you kindly, dear Magister (and King of Arcade) Ventrue. smile