"Death to False Satanism"

Posted by: Bill_M

"Death to False Satanism" - 11/13/14 06:48 PM

A couple of weeks ago I was interviewed for an article from Vice.com:
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/death-to-false-satanism

Yeah, I know Vice usually just posts trash. But there you have it anyway. Basically, a lot of the interview went like this:

Journalist: "There's a black metal band by the name of [somebody I never heard of] and they do [something horrific and theatrical on stage]. Is that a part of actual Satanism?"
Me: "No, we don't do that, because [telling the journalist basic Satanism 101 stuff]."
Journalist: "Oh gee, I didn't know that!"

There's at least one typo on the journalist's part, which I emailed her to correct, but she didn't correct it. I said that we don't condone vandalism "or any other illegal activity", but she quoted me as "or any other activity".
Posted by: SaintG

Re: "Death to False Satanism" - 04/27/15 08:28 AM

Is it me to think it's stupid to discriminate between different satanists?

It's classic for groups to ridicule each other's ingenuity but all look the same on the outside.

Waste of energy too. Who's gaining from telling other people aren't doing it right?
Posted by: Bill_M

Re: "Death to False Satanism" - 06/12/15 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: SaintG
Is it me to think it's stupid to discriminate between different satanists?

That sentence didn't make any grammatical sense. If you're asking whether it's stupid to point out the difference between real Satanists and pseudo-Satanists (e.g., devil worshipers and the like), the answer is obviously no.

Quote:
It's classic for groups to ridicule each other's ingenuity but all look the same on the outside.

People who think that we "look the same on the outside" as these pointless pseudo-Satanic groups need to be enlightened.

Quote:
Waste of energy too. Who's gaining from telling other people aren't doing it right?

The Church of Satan (the first organization in history calling themselves "Satanists" and having a fully defined religion called "Satanism") has been actively explaining the differences now for almost half a century. Do you think that's a "waste"? Your writing isn't very clear.