USA
Queen Shiba Offline
CoS Member
Queen Shiba  Offline
CoS Member

USA
Originally Posted By: Mr. E. Mann
On a side note, that's a beautiful dog!

Thank you. She's a 3 year old, Shiba Inu. I got her when she was just 6 weeks old. Now, I could talk for hours about her!

Talk about sharing beliefs. I had pentagram charm on her collar, and some people at the dog park noticed it when they were petting her. They asked me why I had a pentagram on her. I just told them I thought it was a pretty "star". wink

YOU ARE DEEP, DARK AND LOVELY.

Re: How open are you about Your beliefs? [Re: Fnord] #502207
01/14/16 02:06 AM
01/14/16 02:06 AM
Symbiote Offline

CoS Member
Symbiote  Offline

CoS Member

I am 100% open with the exception of my employer which contracts for the US military. I've gotten into more arguments with Satanists outside CoS and Wiccans than people of other faiths or even just athiests or agnostics. My Satanism has been around 15 years I just never felt compelled to join or be open. I feel the time is right and I do eventually plan on becoming an active member sooner rather than later later this year and realize it takes a long time. Since being open I was shocked to learn there are other groups seeking people and I was harassed to join which if they're desparate they must not have much to offer. I'm still open but I don't speak for anyone but myself and it doesn't I'll entertain their beliefs. I don't think theistic satanism is legitimate but I'm not spending eternity arguing over it. Basically I'll listen and use discretion if I'll respond which I'm sure most people would do with any intelligence.

Re: How open are you about Your beliefs? [Re: Symbiote] #502208
01/14/16 02:37 AM
01/14/16 02:37 AM
Arizona
Citizen_Horror Offline
CoS Member
Citizen_Horror  Offline
CoS Member

Arizona
Originally Posted By: Symbiote
I don't think theistic satanism is legitimate but I'm not spending eternity arguing over it.

It will put your mind at ease to know that it's not a matter of whether or not someone "thinks" theistic Satanism is legitimate.

Whether or not the Church of Satan is theistic is not a matter of "opinion".

The Church of Satan is an atheistic organization, and that is FACT.

From the Fundamental Beliefs section of the FAQ:

Quote:
There is no such thing [as theistic Satanism]. People who believe in some Devilish supernatural being and worship him are Devil-worshippers, not Satanists. Anton LaVey was the first to define Satanism as a philosophy, and it is an atheist perspective. “Theistic Satanism” is an oxymoronic term and thus absurd. In Satanism each individual is his or her own god—there is no room for any other god and that includes Satan, Lucifer, Cthulhu or whatever other name one might select or take from history or fiction.

The Church of Satan was founded in 1966. It was founded as an atheistic organization. There are no different 'branches' of Satanism; there is the one and only.

So the next time you come across someone who claims to practice "theistic" Satanism, it's not a matter of differing opinions.

It's a matter of them being diluted and WRONG! laugh

Re: How open are you about Your beliefs? [Re: Citizen_Horror] #502209
01/14/16 04:34 AM
01/14/16 04:34 AM
Symbiote Offline

CoS Member
Symbiote  Offline

CoS Member

I didn't claim the Church of Satan was theistic. If it was I definitely wouldn't be a member soon. I also will not be talking on Facebook because there's no verification of who is who and I've gotten solicited, harassed, and heard countless trash about CoS which I know to be false.

As far as your last sentiment exactly! And it won't be a problem because I won't be discussing Satanism outside of this forum. I will be hopefully getting verified soon and I like that this organization respects privacy unlike the fakes out there and yes it is the original. I do appreciate the response. If I caused any misinterpretation I apologize.

HS!

Re: How open are you about Your beliefs? [Re: Symbiote] #502211
01/14/16 05:17 PM
01/14/16 05:17 PM
S
Starvinartist Offline
Starvinartist  Offline
S

My openness as a Satanist has changed in a very short time. I first read TSB on a whim to see what it was about; the quickly realized how closely the philosophy sopke to my inner self. I didn't say I was a Satanist at first. Now after reading more of the books and talking with others and learning I am much more open to most people. There are a few I don't outright say it, but give subtle hints. At work I'm very open about it, no ine seems to pay me much mind, some even ask more about it, as it piques their interest; and it is the same with friends. Most know, others get hints.

Re: How open are you about Your beliefs? [Re: Starvinartist] #502238
01/22/16 02:23 AM
01/22/16 02:23 AM
Ohio, USA
EnfieldBalmer Offline
EnfieldBalmer  Offline

Ohio, USA
Hey all, new member to the board. This is a great question.

Though it took me years to make the commitment and seek the Red Card, when matters of beliefs or opinions have come up the tenets of Satanism have always been there for me. Funny thing about herd-like society is that they tend to seek a label to mark you as a good guy or a bad guy. Part of my pleasure as a Satanist is to confound the label-makers. The joy of the Third Side has such a marvelous effect on the followers of the false dilemma.

We are Satanists, and our pragmatism should confound the pipe-dreamers. Therefore it is my choice to titillate with our tenets and perplex with our principles. If the sheep should suddenly awaken to actual study while in search of the proper label, then my job is done.

Hail Satan!

<>
Ex Tenebris,
Enfield Balmer
Re: How open are you about Your beliefs? [Re: Felltyde] #502293
02/03/16 07:42 PM
02/03/16 07:42 PM
South Wales
JSBlack Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>
JSBlack  Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

South Wales
Hi there,

I don't feel any need or desire to talk about my beliefs and am generally a private and secretive person by nature anyway, I just can't see much to gain from talking about matters that are so personal to me.
It's been said already on this post however but I'll say it too, if another Satanist was in the room then I'd be interested in getting to know that person but this being said I think it would be best to know the person first a little before speaking words that can't be withdrawn because there's always the risk of gaining little more than a pain in the ass.
If someone were to visit me at home however and took notice, then there's little doubt left as to what I am.
In short, I don't really like discussing matters that are precious to me, I just feel generally as though I've betrayed myself a tad somehow.
This is my five pence's worth. smile

Re: How open are you about Your beliefs? [Re: Felltyde] #502370
02/24/16 10:07 AM
02/24/16 10:07 AM
United States
Memphistopheles Offline
Memphistopheles  Offline

United States
Personally, I'm pretty open about my beliefs, at least to people I sense are open-minded enough to sit and listen. I have, of course, caught myself out-of-breath trying to convey too much information to people who quite honestly don't give a damn and have henceforth kept it (mostly) to myself. I try to disband the ridiculous allegations that Satanists have received over the years(such as sacrificing animals and kidnapping children) and I offer CoS-approved literature for those genuinely curious about Satanism.

Re: How open are you about Your beliefs? [Re: Felltyde] #502409
03/02/16 03:06 AM
03/02/16 03:06 AM
WA
Rhythmus Offline
Rhythmus  Offline

WA
Magister Nemo I like the way you think and how you relate your thoughts.

On point:

I am open about my ATHEISM and nobody fucks with me. I have only discussed "my fascination with Satanic philosophy" with a few, asking them plainly not to betray confidence.

This conversation is evidence that LaVey knew exactly what he was doing when selecting names and symbols. They are so powerful that even those who understand them discuss among themselves how to handle it socially.

SS#9
Re: How open are you about Your beliefs? [Re: Rhythmus] #502411
03/02/16 06:55 PM
03/02/16 06:55 PM
Point Nemo in Pacific Ocean
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister
Nemo  Offline
CoS Magister

Point Nemo in Pacific Ocean
Thank you for your kind words.

After more than thirty years as a Church of Satan member out of the fifty years the Church has existed it is a pleasure to help others not have to grasp these things the hard way.

Being smart is learning from your mistakes.

Being wise is learning from the mistakes of others.

Here's to wisdom! grin tiki

Re: How open are you about Your beliefs? [Re: Felltyde] #502935
06/01/16 10:40 AM
06/01/16 10:40 AM
Pop Star Offline
Pop Star  Offline

I'm pretty open though like you I try not to go around preaching. My family knows and supports me. All my friends know. I don't like to talk about satanism at work because I feel its not really the space for that. Honestly I'd say that I don't think its that big of a deal here in the states anymore.

Last edited by RunningBear; 06/01/16 10:46 AM.

To conquer means nothing... N/B

You are responsible for what you tame...
Re: How open are you about Your beliefs? [Re: Felltyde] #502970
06/10/16 06:35 PM
06/10/16 06:35 PM
CA, U.S.
C
C.Boatman Offline
C.Boatman  Offline
C

CA, U.S.
It's been approximately 20 years since my first encounter with The Satanic Bible. Upon reading all of it in one sitting, I had realized that there was someone out there who had the much the same view of the world, human interaction and the human condition, and an understanding like no one I'd ever been around at that point in my life.

Years before that first encounter, I had felt the same as I did upon reading it for the first time. I just felt more connected to something in my existence of separation. I was 18 the first time I'd found a copy in an odd place. A used book store for the sum of $1.00.

I'd always been interested in so much of life. Having the neurology that I do, a life long condition that a suggested 200K individuals in the United States alone are known to endure life with. Out of that 200K, I am in the 1% of the more notable form of the condition. Specifically speaking, Tourettes Syndrome. Yet, I must state that I have gained an ability to suppress the symptoms through paying attention and finding the answers I needed that not even medical professionals could provide. The ability of the human mind is a great mystery. I like to push those boundry for my own the benefit in the highest respect.

I'd always had high interests in the darker nature of life. Having always been an individual that was highly misunderstood in more ways than one, I was the odd man out even as a child. My childhood was not a childhood. I developed in mind faster and further than most adults that surrounded me. I loved interesting facts of an obscure nature, a dark nature, historical, educational, informational, and instructional. I was very much into things of the occult, the mystical, legendary things of history, science, things universal. Biologically, I was a bit of an anomaly, especially with the diagnosis of such a neurological condition at a young age.

I've always had an inquisitive and inquiring mind, although for some reason, I had a darker nature. I enjoyed the night and was so much more active, it was difficult for my lovely Mom, although she was certain a guiding force as well.

Heavy metal was constantly blasting in my ears in my youth. The normal 80's hair metal was great, but I was drawn to sounds so much more aggressive to match the degree of things internal and external. The darker side of metal. I was enthusiastic about dark music. Anything from classical compositions of the known greats and some of the more rare composers. Music from the 20's, the 30's, 40's, on up to the present. This was noted.

There are features of my own person that were always noted. My behavior, my interests, I was the oddity in spectacle for all the neuro-typical individuals. I'd always felt complete separate from others. Seemingly worlds apart.

As I got older, I'd been questioned as to why. With those that surrounded me, my peers, those that I was under the care of, those including medical professionals and those who instructed me.

My influences were those in odd positions and odd places. Inspiration, for me, came from some of the most unlikeliest of places.

Being the oddity of life that I was and still am today, I am aware that there has been suspicion of my interests, my beliefs, my philosophies and my views in, of and on life. I'd long since sought out the deeper questions naturally out of need and necessity. It was most apparent that almost everyone that surrounded me were not aware of why. No matter the explanation I attempted, I was heard, yet I was not understood, often viewed as strange, yet charismatic, and a bit mysterious, yet proper in so many respects.

It has only been of recent times that I have felt it appropriate to be open about my understanding of life. I've begun to outgrow the confines of the idiocies of societal standards. I was a spectacle to begin with. Later in life, much of my understanding of life, and my personal resolutions have been ingrained in bold black ink for all to see that I will take to my grave. I wear my adornments with pride. They, in fact, are a bit hellish in nature and some are quite satanic in nature combined with metaphors. I've created more of a spectacle, yet I only felt as if I was living my life as my own. I like not being questioned by those who are questionable. They tend to avert their focus when I am around and that is just fine with me.

I've walked away from anything that has never been a benefit of me, this includes the mistreatment and judgement received from those of my own blood. I've never been a delusional individual, though I have been perceived as delusional by those who are completely delusional. I was the one with the legitimate neurological condition, yet as I had experienced many things that I should have never experienced from such a young age, I understood that so many were simply and only....neurotic, claiming they were normal.

Today, I am open about my understanding of life, the philosophies in which I follow and understand, and the principles that reside with them that I have displayed to a fine point and live as I am. I've often been viewed as one who runs away from my problems. I've always felt the complete opposite. I faced my own existence, even in the wretched times, head on without question. I never run.
I simply and only move on and separated myself from the issues of others that were of no benefit to me, having them being only detriments and not worth the hassle it required to deal with such ignorance, arrogance and sheer stupidity. It appears as if too many that I have stood next to in life never could grasp that concept, no matter the effort in attempts to help them to understand it. I like what I like, I enjoy what I enjoy, my interests and what suits me and the things that I benefit from are for my own choosing. They are not of another to decide or question unless I give a clear reason and there is a mutual need for clarity. If others have the mindset that they feel it appropriate to live as they wish, I will do the same as I always have. I've not exclaimed it as such but once. Once is enough. If others cannot pay attention enough to understand that, they are not worth my wasted effort for a response.

I don't question others in that respect unless antagonized or provoked and it's only in response to being targeted. If it is a disagreement, then I will agree to disagree. If apologies are needed, then yes, I will and I have if I feel it is warranted. A reaction from me concerning another's negative limitations of mind and understanding, or misuse of their ego has always been of a matching nature, although sometimes 10 fold. Sometimes I will play the fool while the fool claims high and mighty and takes aim at me, and then I respond with things that I observe in their nature and actions. I am a fan of man, but not a fan of man. The balance there is an unlikely nature of interest vs. disinterest.

At the age of 7, there was a plot against my life with a time, a date, and even a method. Why? According to the individual who claimed to be a christian...I was the devil's child according to that woman. The woman was psychotic and had been imprisoned for the brutal stabbing murder of another woman in the 70's. She spent more than 10 years for her crime. She apparently had not learned the lesson. My first experience of the self-proclaimed holy. That is where #9 of the Eleven Rules of Earth really hit home for me. The realities I've faced, they are of a most unreal nature, sadly enough.

However, I give credit where credit is due. LaVey's philosophies and principles and his views in, of and on life as he experienced his own, they are one of the greatest philosophies I've ever known and I have done my best to learn how to employ them for my own individual existence. They are a good portion of what has kept me alive. I say that with the utmost seriousness and respect and with the utmost personal integrity.

None of my own blood question me anymore. I've proven myself worthy of the lack of questioning. I've sought out the knowledge I've needed or was intended to seek out for whatever reason or need. I believe others should do the same. I will not indulge a fool. This has been a difficult thing because they become relevant to a toy and I like to play and twist their minds as my mind was twisted long before by the very same types of individuals that ultimately lead me to here. If I am provoked, my appearance does not often match my intelligence level. It's been noted by professionals with degrees that I observed. I like knowledge and have always sought it out from the most insignificant to the most important. I am a proud individual. I cannot claim that I have done things on my own as there are many reasons I am still here. The answers were always there within, and the reasons were all external. Quite fluid.

I am not a simple minded individual. Even responses like these words of mine here are often a turn off for individuals. I don't believe there is any simplicity in life. Those who claim that if you cannot explain it simply that it should not be explained at all, I believe they are of simple and of limited thought process. I believe others should take the time to pay attention. They could benefit from something offered that they may overlook due to their own limitations. One cannot further their own selves without acknowledging their own limitations and indulging themselves in things or people unknown to them. All understanding is of benefit, be it good or bad in personal perspective. There is something worth paying attention to in everything. Life is fascinating and there is such an astounding amount of fascinating things to behold that surrounds all of us every day until we die.

It's been noted that I've always been 10 steps ahead of others in thought and 10 steps behind. That depends on the perspective of another. I'll never give admission to someone who does not deserve it, though I will admit my faults as an open book. The right key will open the door. The wrong key leaves another shut out. It is the same for my own actions toward another. Fair is fair.

I see the world much differently than others. I am often tossed aside and that's perfectly fine. It allows me to know who is worth what without too much effort. Saves me hassle, especially if it irritates the hell out of someone else to know this factor. When you are the scapegoat, when you are proverbially damned, condemned, cast out of society due to your own biology, your genetics, and your neurology while just living as you are in such a natural state. If I am like that of a proverbial devil in such senses of those limited in mind, then that is who I am. The human condition, human nature and the carnal aspects of life, I have endured them and lived them in degrees that I've long since been judged for due to unwarranted idiocies of another.

I've done no harm to others except out of self defense in a physical manner. I'd much rather utilize my brain for what it is most capable of. That is intelligence and more. I am highly introverted and I observe the world as objectively as possible with high amounts of inquisitive nature that is natural considering my neurology. I've paid attention and I retain what I have learned for my own personal benefit. I am extremely selective and I do not often give others a chance to question. I'd rather be the shadow, the mystery of life while enjoying it than to be questioned by those who never question even their own selves.

I have long since practiced Satanism. I cannot consider myself a Satanist unless I apply for membership at the CoS which is an endeavor I'd love to pursue. It is something I pride myself in. I have long since understood my individuality for many reasons out of necessity. Satanism makes complete sense in relation to my existence.

Re: How open are you about Your beliefs? [Re: Felltyde] #502972
06/12/16 11:55 PM
06/12/16 11:55 PM
California
Avaricious13 Offline
CoS Member
Avaricious13  Offline
CoS Member

California
A few of my friends know, but I do not talk about my beliefs at work and NEVER with family. I think my other family members being Jehovah's Witnesses and all would definitely put a hamper on my relationship with them if I came out as a Satanist (to put it mildly).

Faith is believing what you know ain't so.

-Mark Twain
Re: How open are you about Your beliefs? [Re: Felltyde] #502973
06/13/16 02:52 AM
06/13/16 02:52 AM
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend
Quaark  Offline

CoS Reverend

Ancient thread, but what the hell.

"How open are you about your beliefs?"

I'm not.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum Statistics
Forums73
Topics44,553
Posts407,979
Members13,362
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.016s Queries: 15 (0.009s) Memory: 1.1214 MB (Peak: 1.3470 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-10-16 12:23:04 UTC