Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: Mike_Hargis] #95951
04/27/05 04:02 PM
04/27/05 04:02 PM
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock
Caesar  Offline

CoS Warlock

I believe in '92 the Chaplain's Handbook (made available on the Church of Satan official website) was still being recognized. Today it is considered obselete and the new 'manual' makes no mention of the Church of Satan.

There are possible reasons why but I will not discuss it or speculate at this location of the messageboard.

www.vampiretemple.com
Are You One Of Us?
Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: CWH] #95952
04/27/05 07:00 PM
04/27/05 07:00 PM
Ontario, Canada
Remorazz Offline
Remorazz  Offline

Ontario, Canada
I find my job in the forces to be a very good place to express myself. I have been a professional photographer/videographer in the forces for 15 years and am now teaching at our military school, molding the minds of the newer generations...

I have found most of them to be very open to MY way of seeing the world.

HS! G We have wasted far too much time explaining that Satanism has nothing to do with kidnapping, drug abuse, child molestation, animal or child sacrifice , or any number of other acts that idiots, hysterics or opportunists would like to credit us with. By Anton Szandor LaVey ©1988 PENTAGONAL REVISIONISM: A FIVE-POINT PROGRAM ~Special Thanks to: Agent Jack Malebranche for his permission to use his art in my avatar.~ SETI Combat Camera Cool Products
Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: CWH] #95953
04/27/05 07:14 PM
04/27/05 07:14 PM
Germany
Adepta_Serenity Offline
Adepta_Serenity  Offline

Germany
As an active member of the german armed forces we had to change our dogtags because we are not allowed to stamp our religion on it. So the german army doesn't care what you believe in as long as you do your job.

It is easy to fall but it is hard to accept it.
Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: CWH] #95954
04/28/05 03:22 AM
04/28/05 03:22 AM
Utah, western U.S.A.
Banned_User Offline
Banned_User  Offline

Utah, western U.S.A.
I wouldnt be worried about 'herd conformity' if youve allready made-up your mind about Satanism. In the world today espescially in America, people do what endulges them no matter who they are or where they come from. If it makes you feel any better, most of the people youre "protecting" dont even beleive in America. -sad but true-

Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: Banned_User] #95955
04/28/05 03:56 AM
04/28/05 03:56 AM
Forever West
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock
Discipline  Offline
CoS Warlock

Forever West
>>most of the people youre "protecting" dont even beleive in America. -sad but true-

I would not really say that it is sad. It is good to be aware of the laws and economy that governs you, but it really has nothing to do with you as an individual. Patriotism is the same as being a sports fan.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy America, even if there are certain factors about this country I disagree with. Overall I find it pretty "keen". Yet I would never go as far as being a patriot.

"I've learned . . . that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes." ~Andy Rooney

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman
Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: CWH] #95956
04/28/05 04:17 AM
04/28/05 04:17 AM
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest
Hagen von Tronje  Offline

CoS Priest

For what its worth, I salute you sir. Far better, I think, to do something worthwhile, and enjoy it (in this case, military service), than to concern over whether or not "civvies" approve of it.

Live for yourself. And thanks for your service.

"The devil I'll bring you," answered Hagen. "I have enough to carry with my shield and breastplate; my helm is bright, the sword is in my hand, therefore I bring you naught."
Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: Discipline] #95957
04/28/05 04:26 AM
04/28/05 04:26 AM
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend
Quaark  Offline

CoS Reverend

Quote:

Yet I would never go as far as being a patriot.

Eh, ya got me etymological motor goin'.

"Patriot", from the Greek "patrios" (of one's fathers) and "patris" (fatherland), from "patros" (father).

Denoting in it's original form nothing more than the factual state or condition of being from the same land (country) as one's father.

Subsequent politically charged meanings have changed and evolved substantially over time - including at one point the opposite meaning it is given today.

Language is a fluid tool of manipulation.

Just an etymological FYI.

Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: Quaark] #95958
04/28/05 05:08 AM
04/28/05 05:08 AM
Forever West
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock
Discipline  Offline
CoS Warlock

Forever West
Thanks for the history on the word. It is very interesting as to how things are absorbed and manipulated over centuries.

Thanks.

"I've learned . . . that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes." ~Andy Rooney

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman
Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: CWH] #95959
04/28/05 01:45 PM
04/28/05 01:45 PM
Portland, OR
Maskim_Xul Offline
CoS Member
Maskim_Xul  Offline
CoS Member

Portland, OR
It all depends. Ever since the Army changed it's logo from "be all you can be" to "An Army of one" there has been little room for individual achievement (Not entirely, however). In the infantry, your only as strong as your weakest guy. In most cases the weakest guy is unmotivated and could care less if he gets you killed (Or himself for that matter). Sometimes lighting a fire under his ass to get him moving does the trick, but more often time it only makes him distance himself from everybody. I wouldn't call military service un-Satanic, different people join with different goals in mind. However, my experiences with these "weakest links" have made me sort of jaded towards group efforts. There is little room to shine above your peers. Your leaders will tell you to be better than the guy next to you, but once you are they will tear you back down for not "squaring away" that weakest link. The better you are, the more loads you have to carry. The weakest links get by easily, and usually with the same ammount of recognition in their pockets.

HS!

FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD
Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: Hagen von Tronje] #95960
05/13/05 07:45 PM
05/13/05 07:45 PM
Where I'm at.
Dollie Offline
Dollie  Offline

Where I'm at.
Many thanks to all the women and men in the armed forces. I myself wanted to join the airforce but because of medical reasons I'm not to sure if I'd get in. But I am still going to look into it, I personally don't think or feel that this infringes on me being a Satanist.

~You can dye shit purple, and it'll still be shit~
Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: Dollie] #95961
05/13/05 07:56 PM
05/13/05 07:56 PM
Poconos, PA
Erox Offline
Erox  Offline

Poconos, PA
I second Dollie's "Thank You" to the men and women on this board who chose to serve in the military. I think it's rather heroic.

Knowing a guy like DemiGod is in there makes me feel a lot safer too.

H4ILS8N
Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: Quaark] #95962
05/13/05 08:04 PM
05/13/05 08:04 PM
M
Michael225 Offline
Michael225  Offline
M

I think the military functions by stripping away a person's individuality. You also need an identity to have one stripped. With all the different views of what the military is for, what they do, how they do it and who they do it for this is a very difficult question you pose.

If you can maintain a sense of self while being in uniform as well enjoying your work/training/etc. then yes I would say you could be a Satanist in the military. Your personal goals might not be those of your commanding officers, but in the end you are there to better yourself...the ends justifying the means.

-Michael

Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: fiftythirdspirit] #95963
05/14/05 02:55 PM
05/14/05 02:55 PM
Germany
Poetic_Berserker Offline
CoS Member
Poetic_Berserker  Offline
CoS Member

Germany
My dog tags actually state "Satanist" on them. From what I understand if you believe in it, they can put it there. It does not matter if it's recognized because it is information on you. HS!

Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: CWH] #95964
05/14/05 03:10 PM
05/14/05 03:10 PM
Germany
Poetic_Berserker Offline
CoS Member
Poetic_Berserker  Offline
CoS Member

Germany
Conformity can be used to your advantage, it states that in the 9 Satanic Sins.

Quote:

5. Herd Conformity—That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It's all right to conform to a person's wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many

You are not conforming for the sake of your own weakness, or because of herd mentality. You are instead searching to better yourself. I am in the Army, I have had no problems or feel any way less of myself because of the conformity. It is needed, without it units would fall apart and even worse in combat zones. No matter where you go, there is always some form of conformity it seems. Even though there is conformity it is still very competetive.

But it is to my advantage, as someone else stated that you are protecting society, travel to see around the world (granted some of those places are not as friendly), keep yourslef in good physical condition, twenty years and retire, pays for your college. I think it's one of the easiest jobs in the world. How do those not benefit? Wow, I sound like a recruiter. Sheesh, I'm done. HAILS!

Re: Satanist in the Military [Re: CWH] #95965
05/19/05 05:14 PM
05/19/05 05:14 PM
D
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock
DickSteele  Offline
CoS Warlock
D

I was in the army. The service taught me to refine my skills as a leader and Satanists are leaders.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics43,721
Posts401,398
Members13,379
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.024s Queries: 15 (0.017s) Memory: 1.0994 MB (Peak: 1.2967 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-11-14 19:43:10 UTC