Topic Options
#100791 - 05/18/05 02:35 AM Man as an animal
Confucius Offline

Loc: United States Of America
I was recently having a discussion on religion with a classmate of mine and he brought up the subject of Satanism. He knew nothing of it, so after discussing it's main teachings I gave him my copy of The Satanic Bible. A few days later he came asking me "If Satanism sees man as another animal, and openly acknowledges the brutal and selfish nature of man, then isn't that condemning one's self to be nothing more than what evolution says he has to be?" Being that I'm not an actual Satanist (but still prefer the company of free-thinking individuals) I didn't know what the answer to that question would be. How would you answer it?
"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." - George Orwell, "1984" "No doubt alcohol, tobacco, and so forth, are things that a saint must avoid, but sainthood is also a thing that human beings must avoid... Many people genuinely do not wish to be saints, and it is probable that some who achieve or aspire to sainthood have never felt much temptation to be human beings." - George Orwell c. 1950

#100792 - 05/18/05 09:12 AM Re: Man as an animal [Re: Confucius]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I like what zoologist Desmond Morris, who studied man from a zoological perspective, had to say; man is more dignified as an animal, as he is not a fallen angel, but a risen ape.

Condemned, to what? We are the most powerful organism on the planet. We still yet do not know our own bounds, and we have spent millenia testing them. There is no indignity is being the pinnacle of evolution.

#100793 - 05/18/05 06:00 PM Re: Man as an animal [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
Just don't be a sick animal by insisting that you are not an animal. That is the problem with the human race.
HS!
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

Forum Stats
12085 Members
73 Forums
43861 Topics
405444 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements