Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#100921 - 05/18/05 10:39 PM just wondering..
damnage Offline

What lead you to becoming a satanist?
hopefully it can give me a better understanding of this whole thing.
Any input could help

#100922 - 05/18/05 10:40 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Quote:

I was born...

#100923 - 05/18/05 11:00 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
fiftythirdspirit Offline

I've always been this way. I don't understand it either.

#100924 - 05/18/05 11:06 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
Satanism is simply having an inbred point of view of the world and others.. I call it "being stuck in reality mode."

This doesn't mean we can't be creative, or have flights of fancy. We just recognize what that happens to be.

The flip side is that dealing with reality 24 7 can be very stressful. No one else is there to use as a crutch..We have to stand on our own feet,rather than ride on the shoulders of some artificial entity when things get rough.

So we use ritual,etc,as a way of releasing that pressure. We suspend our usual questioning and disbeleif of the metapyhisical for a short time to vent these pressures.

That's about as breif an explanation of what makes a Satanist as I can manage..I hope it helped.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#100925 - 05/18/05 11:49 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
The question is very intriguing and could lead to a volume of great details. Definitely a fine question, one that merits to be added upon.

Yet, it would be a bit more rewarding to those who would respond by offering more of your own details on the subject. Since this is a place of debate between Satanists and to enjoy friendly banter, it might pay off in your best interests to add more filler to this post.

I am not trying to be snappy. Far from it. I just wish to enjoy your posts so you could enjoy mine as well. You give me something worth while, and I will do the same for you. Respected paid for respect, more or less.

Would it hurt? Nah, you should enjoy talking about your opinions. You should be able to go on forever about your informed opinions. Why not? They are your opinions after all, and they should be worth a good listening too. Correct?

Take the time to write out the details of your own opinions. I am very interested in hearing them. Seriously.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#100926 - 05/18/05 11:51 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
Hazel Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Well first my mom and dad met at a party and got really, really drunk...

#100927 - 05/19/05 02:07 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
A nice bio damnage

Read The Satanic Bible sweetheart
I have a feeling you will get a full understanding of this whole thing.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#100928 - 05/19/05 08:06 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
Mallamun Offline

I can almost certainly say that you will not learn anything about your own relationship with the religion by examining that of others. Satanism, though containing its own unique sets of dogmas, is deeply individualistic. As many have already stated here in their own way, Satanists are born, not made! If you want to "understand this whole thing", start in a different place. Such as reading the book. If you cannot understand that particular piece of literature, then you shouldn't be here anyway.

#100929 - 05/19/05 08:14 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
BlasphemousOne Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut, USA
Well the Fairy Demon Godmother waved her wand and *poof* I was a Satanist!

All kidding aside...I was born a Satanist. After I read The Satanic Bible, I was able to put a name to the way I felt the entire time.

#100930 - 05/19/05 01:14 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Discipline]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
You're right, it's actually a very intriguing question, although it may seem simple on the surface.

I certainly believe that Satanists are born, so that one cannot create a Satanist out of pure unsatanicness. But, I also think Satanists are made, in that experiences and lessons help to either reinforce, or inhibit and/or delay, the development and maturation of the born Satanist. Satanists are not born with perfect knowledge and perfect ability--they are born with perfect potential.

Some Satanists have told me that I possess a level of insight and wisdom that is noteworthy for my age. I think this is due to the fact that I've been exposed to the right ideas, lessons, and experiences early on, and in an appropriate fashion. But, there are some ways in which I am still ignorant and naiive, as well as areas where I "know" something intellectually but don't understand it on a deeper level of comprehension, and I think that just means that I haven't gotten exposed to the right stuff in the right way yet, so that I can rightly entertain it. (Damn right, you're bloody well right!)

That being said, I think my encounters with the human masses, and some of the intellectual topics I've uncovered, have helped to make me a Satanist. I've gotten to observe examples of stupidity and incompetence early on, so that I've learned how stupid people are, and how not to be like them. I've gotten to learn about and observe human interactions that have helped me learn about psychology, motives, and all that. I've learned about the "dark side" of history, as well as the "dark sides" of other fields, so that I've learned that there's always more beneath the surface. I've watched other people flounder when they've embraced certain philosophies or religions, and so I have a sense of what beliefs and/or behaviors promote failure, and which promote success.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#100931 - 05/19/05 01:29 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: TrojZyr]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Nicely said, TrojZyr. You are very bright and your posts are fun to read.

I agree that each individual will lack certain experiences and will be weak in some areas. Yet, as a Satanist one should be willing to correct that or at least understand that fact.

The norm, I have noticed, is that people seem to like having that lack of experience, or they don't wish to spend the energy on understanding it. Though they may have useful ideas and knowledge they seem to think that their ideas are pointless and have no drive to investigate further upon them. That is what separates Satanists from the "herd", so to speak.

I am just beginning to explore scientific fields and the wonders of mathematics. Yet, I have experienced a vast amount of human behavior and discipline through my military time. I use that experience to bolster my school studies, my train of thoughts, and I don't let it anchor me down like others have. I have seen many marines get trapped in a "I am just a stupid jar-head and will never understand all that science stuff. I stick to the real work, the dirty, sweaty work." type of attitude.

Never let anything trap you, instead use it to enforce your goals and desires.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#100932 - 05/19/05 06:17 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
damnage Offline

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.
Although, i dont quite yet condsider myself a Satanist. Most of the reasons ive read are very closley related to my reasons for reading up on satanism.

Society gets to the point where i need to just leave. Not just certain groups. EVERYONE. Mainly people who believe in god, and follow "his" rules. It strikes me as very odd to see horrid crimes being committed by those who are supposed to be the right people (for lack of a better term...)

there are more reasons... but i dont exactly have time to go into FULL detail

When i get my grubby little hands on The Satanic Bible, things should come more clear to me.

(and thankyou for the compliment on my bio )

#100933 - 05/19/05 10:47 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Discipline]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Thank you, dahling.

You're bright and fun too, and you also seem to have a great sense of aesthetics, if your photo's any indication.

You're correct--most people feel most at ease in ignorance and incompetence, and this is the embodiment of stupidity.

Now, I do have some flaws that I'm *not* working all that hard to correct, BUT, I often use them as *assets* in certain ways, for specific purposes. For example, I'll use my poor motor-spatial skills or poor sense of time to tell funny stories about myself, or engage in slapstick, and this allows people to warm up to me and laugh. In this sense, they cease to become actual flaws. But, ignoring a flaw brainlessly, and turning a flaw into an asset, are two different things at core level.

And yes, it is unfortunate how people have a perception of themselves and their interests---often one that they don't even sufficiently test---and that puts them into a perpetual box.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#100934 - 05/20/05 02:08 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Quote:

The last thing I want to do here is come of
sounding like I have nothing better to do than
correct other's spelling mistakes. I believe that
you have the right to present yourself however
you see fit, as long as you are willing to take
responsibillity for what you do with that.

I am a Satanist not a satanist. I have never been
a satanist so nothing led me to be one. Perhaps
the thing that leads a person to satanism is what
YOU are experiencing at this time, but I don't know.
I'm not YOU.

If you want to ask: "What led you to become a Satanist,"
I could answer: "My parents having unprotected sex."

#100935 - 05/20/05 04:46 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
oggi Offline

Loc: Finland
Quote:

hopefully it can give me a better understanding of this whole thing.

Thank for that question, now I get excuse to write it down.

In age of 12-15(probalby after 12, but 99% sure before I was 15) I started calling myself satanist(only to myself), becouse it was most fitting term that I knew. I used that more like as joke to myself, becouse I didn't know what satanism really was, I though that was exatly what others have told me, killing animals and that kind thing.

Well, I didn't think me as that kind, I think myself as satanist, who really didn't care what other satanist do, becouse I though that Satan, as god opposite, would not wish to do that kind thing. More likely Satan would wish, as opposite to god, wish us to live and enjoy life. I wasn't sure at that time about is there god or not, but I was certain, that if there is god, that is like church discribed it, I would choose other side, side that would think human, as human, not like some suprime lifeform. I would choose side, that give those who would waste his life, thinking about next, possible life everything what they deserve. Only one certain thing was sure, we can't know if there is god, and if god would punish me becouse of that, recognizin possibiltys, he would be so evil(as I personally determinate word evil), that I would go to hell, and live in fulltime orgy and laughing those who wasted both life and afterlife(Becouse god act by love, Satan must act by knowledge).

Well, soon I become quite certain, that there is no good, becouse there is no need for god or satan(as opposite of god). I didn't get idea of satan beeing complite opposite, as I saw it from TSB, as symbol of truth, as reality, as hate and love, as self-deception*(former god), as everything, that is. Satan is my friend and master, like knowledge is my friend and master.

Then How I find out that i'm not "alone"? I was searcing good drawed pentagram, as I sawd it really beatiful, and I found one "pagan" page, where was also little story about satanism. I was feeling like "whats the trick?" and have about thousand different possibilty, I haven't even yet decided, that can I really trust that satanism is not just trick to make money, becouse I think that is exatly how I have thinked few last years, and think that of course everyone agree whit everything. then I start think more, and remembered, that even as I had tell about my friends about my view about their god, they didn't really listened, so maby not everyone think like that. I'm still very uncertain about satanism, becouse nothing is as easy as trick someone who think that he is smart(even if he is), and I really know that there is feeling like that inside me even as well hidden.

*"as self-deception": understanding it, and doing it as fun and when recognized it actually isn't self-deception, self-deception is impossibilty to any adult satanist. Self-deception for me, is like reading good book, knowing that it is fiction, does not chance that I could not enjoy it.

Hail Satan
Hail Me
Hail other Me

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12024 Members
73 Forums
43832 Topics
405254 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements