Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#100936 - 05/20/05 04:48 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: RandomStranger]
oggi Offline

Loc: Finland
Quote:

If you want to ask: "What led you to become a Satanist,"
I could answer: "My parents having unprotected sex."

I used long time to write down why I become, and you made that even better in few second.

#100937 - 05/23/05 10:37 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
NiteWraith Offline

Loc: Emporia, Kansas
For me it was the constant lack of knowledge. I have read the bible many times,, and whenever I would ask a member of the xian faith a specific question,, I would always get the answer" yours is not to question,,, If god wanted you to know,, he would have told you".I have a hard time understanding how anyone with a brain can allow themselves to be enslaved by a belief.I am a leader,, not a follower. Satanism gave me the power to learn, to question, and,ultimately, too survive. Hail Satan!

#100938 - 05/23/05 12:59 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: NiteWraith]
WISE666 Offline

Loc: Missouri
The reason why I became a Satanist is because I just saw how much BS the Christian faith was. You was to think you was this awful person and don't give yourself anything you wanted then maybe if you were good enough you might make it into HEAVEN.

HAIL SATAN!!!
WISE666

#100939 - 05/23/05 02:30 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Quote:

What lead you to becoming a satanist?
hopefully it can give me a better understanding of this whole thing.
Any input could help

9 months in the womb.
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#100940 - 05/26/05 04:38 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
Ephraim Offline

Loc: Belmont NH. USA
I've always wanted to learn more.
I realized at an early age that there was no way for me to become as smart as I wanted to be if I allowed myself to be humbled before a crucified figure. I studied various religions out of interest but mostly for personal humor, eventualy I found Satanism and realized that I was a satanist all this time, even when I was going to the church down the street, nothing about Satanism conflicted with my already existing philosophy, I didnt become a satanist, I always was one, I just did'nt know it.

#100941 - 05/26/05 07:26 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
The lable suited the package.

#100942 - 05/26/05 07:38 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I'm going to play my "was born this way" card. I merely had to discover my true self. Thanks to Dr. LaVey's writings, I did. I wish it would have been sooner, but hey, I figure its better late than never.

#100943 - 05/26/05 08:08 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
Kaahi Offline

I've always sorta had my own beliefs and such. I just could never put any title to it. Then I read up about CoS, and I found I could relate to a lot of the basic beliefs of the religion. I'm one of those people who you'd never think is Satanist. I don't dress like how you'd picture one and I don't listen to the music you'd think one would listen to. Those are all stereotypes anyway. >.>

I'm kinda a bubbly girl. Always optomistic and whatnot. I aim to please others, eh, but, really it's not as selfless as it sounds. I please others if it benefits me. If someone will like me more as a kind person, then, well, since I care, and my own self-esteem (no matter how hard I try to not let it be) is dependant on the way others see me, it's convenient for me to please others. I get selfish sometimes too. I don't like to go out much, so, despite how much a person would like me to go out, sometimes I'd rather stay home and do something that'd make me happier.

Satanism is, in a nutshell, self-pleasing. It's being who you truely are, if I'm not mistaken (though I was only introduced to CoS 3-4 years ago, so I'm kinda a newbie). If you act in a way that displeases you, don't.

It all boils down to this: You'd do anything to make yourself happy, even at the expense of others.

So, like I said before, CoS is just a title really, an organized faith that I stumbled upon one day of people who share my beliefs. 'n stuff.

#100944 - 05/26/05 08:20 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
pakish Offline

Loc: mÚxico
Nothing lead you, you just find out who where you all this time.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
"It is too bad that stupidity isnt painful"- Anton Szandor LaVey

#100945 - 05/29/05 02:19 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
Well, all I really needed was some clarification after reading the Web Site, here's an excerpt from my myspace profile

"Who are your Heroes" - High Priestess Peggy Nadramia (for spending a few minutes 4 years ago answering what has to be some of the stupidest questions she has every recieved with sincere answers, changing my life forever for the better)

This isn't an attempt to kiss ass (Magister Nemo went over that shit already if you're one of the newer users of the board) I feel that if i were given sarcastic or otherwise insulting answers to my genuine questions simply because I had yet to invest 8 bucks on a Satanic Bible, then I wouldn't have understood what all this was about and probably wouldn't be the same person, but a lesser one.

Thanks again everyone who gave a confused teenager some answers he would have taken much longer to figure out on his own.

#100946 - 05/29/05 05:21 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
Hydroksyde Offline

Loc: New Zealand
erm... alot of things. Shall we say... eminem???

A few years ago, I heard the eminem 'song', "sing for the moment", with the led zeppelin track mixed into it. Then i started to listen to rock and metal, and eventually metallica. I was confused about one particular song, "the thing that should not be", so I did a bit of research on that, and found the stories of H. P. Lovecraft. In a number of his stories, he mentioned a book called the necronomicon, and I wondered if it was real. I then did some more research, and found a page on the CoS web site saying it wasn't.

#100947 - 05/29/05 05:37 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Hydroksyde]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

A few years ago, I heard the eminem 'song', "sing for the moment", with the led zeppelin track mixed into it.

That was an Aerosmith song, my friend. AEROSMITH. Not Zeppelin.

#100948 - 05/29/05 08:20 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

What lead you to becoming a satanist?

1. I was born
2. Two decades of life experiences and education shaped my personal views about a great many things.
3. I read The Satanic Bible and agreed with everything in it. The Book of Lucifer seemed like my own thoughts transfered onto paper.

I would not be doing this post justice if I did not note that a deep hatred of Catholicism led me to study the Left Hand Path. Through my interactions on this forum, however, I have learned to let go of most of my hatred and pay no heed the followers of Christ (with the exception of those who try to push their views on everyone else.)

Hope this answered your question.

Hail Satan!
Hail Anton LaVey!
Hail Me!

SETI@Home Team

#100949 - 05/29/05 03:30 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Hydroksyde]
pakish Offline

Loc: mÚxico
Quote:

A few years ago, I heard the eminem 'song', "sing for the moment", with the led zeppelin track mixed into it.

OMG! That┤s "Dream on" by Aerosmith not Zeppelin...
Some time ago i was buying something in a little store and "Dream on" was on the radio...I heard two sellers:

- ┐Cual es esa rola wey? (What┤s that song dude?)
- Es como la de eminem pero copia o algo...(╠t┤s like the eminem song but copy or something...)

Metallica made some other Lovecraft references like "The Call of the Ctulhu" song...

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
"It is too bad that stupidity isnt painful"- Anton Szandor LaVey

#100950 - 05/30/05 03:20 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: pakish]
Hydroksyde Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Both aerosmith and led zeppelin recorded it. I'm not sure who did it first, but that _WAS_ the led zeppelin version mixed into the eminem song...

edit: i have looked into this, nobody else seems to be sure, and it doesn't appear to be in any led zep albums. I have heard two versions of it, however, and one sounded more like led zep, the other aerosmith.

Quote:

- ┐Cual es esa rola wey? (What┤s that song dude?)
- Es como la de eminem pero copia o algo...(╠t┤s like the eminem song but copy or something...)

Blashphemy!!!

Edited by Hydroksyde (05/30/05 03:33 AM)

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12016 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405223 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements