- Benjamin Franklin

#100952 - 05/30/05 06:40 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: C_D_McKinna]
Mr_Scary Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Colorado springs, Colorado
Simple but perfect.

#100953 - 05/30/05 08:17 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Mr_Scary]
The_Raven Offline

Actually, I posted this somewhere in an introduction thread, but I'm going to post it here, too, since it seems relevant.

As a child, Catholicism was shoved down my throat by my fanatical parents. I was scared and repressed, and even when my brother raped me when I was 6, I was too scared to tell anyone because I thought I was too "sinful" and people would think I was a dirty sinner. I was just so sick of feeling dirty, guilty, and afraid for no reason. Then I stopped believing in Jesus, and started hating Catholicism. Also, since I'm a homosexual, I don't feel very wanted by those self-deceiving assholes anyway. Then I was an atheist, and... TA DA! Now I'm a Satanist. Ever since I read the Satanic Bible, I've been so much happier and life makes more sense.

#100954 - 05/30/05 10:49 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: The_Raven]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

Actually, I posted this somewhere in an introduction thread, but I'm going to post it here, too, since it seems relevant.

As a child, Catholicism was shoved down my throat by my fanatical parents. I was scared and repressed, and even when my brother raped me when I was 6, I was too scared to tell anyone because I thought I was too "sinful" and people would think I was a dirty sinner. I was just so sick of feeling dirty, guilty, and afraid for no reason.....

Go back to the Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth and read number two. To start being a Satanist, first you must stop being a victim.

#100955 - 05/30/05 11:53 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Maya]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
Personally, I'm not very impressed that people didn't read the question, but instead gave a lame ass answer like this. No, being born did not lead you to becoming a Satanist, there was some event in your life that persuaded you to read about it. Sorry to be rude, but these kinds of answers show how trite and unoriginal some people can be when confronted with a genuine question. I'm not trying to single you out, you were just the first to answer such a way. More disturbing is how when someone gave a good answer other followed suit with a predictable response that avoided the question.

#100956 - 05/31/05 12:05 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Adveser]
Old_Pig Offline

Quote:

Personally, I'm not very impressed that people didn't read the question, but instead gave a lame ass answer like this. No, being born did not lead you to becoming a Satanist, there was some event in your life that persuaded you to read about it. Sorry to be rude, but these kinds of answers show how trite and unoriginal some people can be when confronted with a genuine question. I'm not trying to single you out, you were just the first to answer such a way. More disturbing is how when someone gave a good answer other followed suit with a predictable response that avoided the question.

Actually, hers was the best answer to your question. We all know Satanist are born not made. So there is no "becoming a Satanist". In any case, there is discovering you always were one.

#100957 - 05/31/05 12:33 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Adveser]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

I understand what you mean. No one came out of the womb a Member of the Church of Satan. However, what a Satanist is by nature was inherent at birth. Growing up, one realizes how much more different they are and how they understand things as opposed to most others. There seems to be no specific explanation for this all until reading the one provided in The Satanic Bible, something we'll all be eternally grateful to Doktor LaVey for. Then it all makes perfect sense...among many, many other things.

#100958 - 05/31/05 12:58 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Old_Pig]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
Why do you think by posting this message he was stating himself to be a victim?

To me, he was stating past experiences that helped lead him against the belief in Catholicism. This statement did not appear to be looking for pity. People have life changing experiences good and bad. Is it a weak mind that admits bad experiences or a strong one?

#100959 - 05/31/05 08:37 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Adveser]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
Adverser,people here are fond of specific questions.

If you had phrased this as "When did you become AWARE you were a Satanist?",then the answers would not have been so glib and dismissive.

Generalizations will often be treated with contempt by those who know that details matter. My awareness of the moment of realization was like that of any Satanist.

I read the TSB.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#100960 - 05/31/05 08:08 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: VKat]
Old_Pig Offline

Quote:

Why do you think by posting this message he was stating himself to be a victim?

To me, he was stating past experiences that helped lead him against the belief in Catholicism. This statement did not appear to be looking for pity. People have life changing experiences good and bad. Is it a weak mind that admits bad experiences or a strong one?

He had already told the story in his introduction and then he repeated it here again. I'm sorry if I kind of overeacted, but I'm tired ot the "born again Satanists" that come here telling how much they suffered under the opression of the Christians until one day they found the Satanic Bible and their life changed. They sound too much like reversed Christians to me.

In my opinion, a Satanist's life is not divided in "after Satan" and "before Satan". He will struggle and fight from early age to defend himself and he will reject the Christian mind-control by instinct long before he ever found the Satanic Bible.

That's, in my opinion, what makes a Born Satanist. When someone says he changed his life around after reading the Satanic Bible, he is saying he is not a Satanist.

A real Satanist don't change after discovering Satanism, he just finds what to call himself.

#100961 - 05/31/05 08:33 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: fiftythirdspirit]
fiftythirdspirit Offline

Quote:

I've always been this way. I don't understand it either.

Gee, I apologize to all the droll individuals out there. I was much too glib in my original response. How's this:

I read The Satanic Bible and (to quote Francis) "TA DA" Now I am a Satanist.

(...get a life)

#100962 - 05/31/05 08:39 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: fiftythirdspirit]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

(...get a life)

But why get a life of your own when you can just ask others stupid and irrelevant questions about theirs?

SETI@Home Team

#100963 - 05/31/05 08:41 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: False_Messiah78]
fiftythirdspirit Offline

My sentiments exactly.

#100964 - 06/01/05 12:11 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Old_Pig]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
Yes, I understand what your saying.

When I read the Satanic Bible, more like when I read pieces of it for the first time online. It did not change me, however it gave me resolve in my beliefs of who I am.

Quote:

Ever since I read the Satanic Bible, I've been so much happier and life makes more sense.

Would it be wrong in your opinion to say, that after reading The Satanic Bible I no longer felt like such an alien? Even at 14 I was questioning my own mental stability, worried that there was some thing wrong with me.

#100965 - 06/01/05 01:03 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: VKat]
Hydroksyde Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Quote:

When I read the Satanic Bible, more like when I read pieces of it for the first time online. It did not change me, however it gave me resolve in my beliefs of who I am.

Same Here.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements