Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#100966 - 06/01/05 09:44 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Old_Pig]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

When someone says he changed his life around after reading the Satanic Bible, he is saying he is not a Satanist.

You may want to be more careful how much you express your dogma...

"This book has the potential to change your life--it did mine."
- Magus Peter H. Gilmore, High Priest of The Church of Satan ( Opening The Adamantine Gates, An Introduction To The Satanic Bible )

In my opinion, if one is not moved dramatically after reading The Satanic Bible, I have reason to question your nature as a Satanist. You and others almost make it sound like Satanists read it and simply nod like it's old hat. Even though Satanists find much relatable and see themselves mirrored in its pages, only Doktor LaVey could have written it and only he did. It is the touchstone of Satanic experience from here to eternity, and among its many testaments, "change" is one of them.

Edited by CaesarsGhost (06/01/05 09:45 AM)

#100967 - 06/01/05 10:25 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Caesar]
fiftythirdspirit Offline

Quote:

In my opinion, if one is not moved dramatically after reading The Satanic Bible, I have reason to question your nature as a Satanist.

I have no question on my nature as a Satanist. Reading The Satanic Bible did not "change my life around," but it did give a name to what I am, what I've always been.

#100968 - 06/01/05 07:25 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Caesar]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I meant change of life in the sense of a 180 degree turn. Like those who say they were poor oppressed victims for years and one day "bang!" they became instant Satanists.

I'm sure reading the Satanic Bible is the greatest milestone in the life of every Satanist... But that doesn't mean they didn't have a very Satanic life before reading it.

#100969 - 06/01/05 09:18 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Old_Pig]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

I'm sure reading the Satanic Bible is the greatest milestone in the life of every Satanist... But that doesn't mean they didn't have a very Satanic life before reading it. (italics mine)

However Satanic a life a Satanist may have lived before reading The Satanic Bible, it could never have been as Satanic if they had not (and they certainly wouldn't be calling themselves a Satanist, either).

#100970 - 06/01/05 09:20 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: fiftythirdspirit]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

...but it did give a name to what I am, what I've always been.

Is that all?

#100971 - 06/01/05 10:08 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Caesar]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
Nodding to CaesarsGhost...........

The Satanic Bible was like being hit by a thunderbolt to me.

A reveletion, an illumnation of things that had seemed vague and confused before then. Almost like going through life with a fuzzy focus,sort of seeing how things were,feeling around......And suddenly having things jump into crystalline clarity.

AHHH!!!!!! So THAT'S what it meant all of this time........

I had lived my life in contempt of lies,and the stupid herd all round me. That was a given, I knew I was better than these sheep.

The Doktor gave me the gift of an expanded insight as to WHY that was. I feel that people may sometimes make the mistake of saying they "became Satanists" after reading the TSB.

Please, can we have a little bit of kindness for our own?

This IS the only safe place for us. I'm not suggesting a big stupid group hug,or nursemaiding. Just the memory that you too,were there once.

That there are FAR too few of us as it is......

And that maybe YOU could have benefitted from the sort of patience some of us would also have enjoyed being shown when our eyes were just opening to we REALLY were..

Hail Satan......

Hail UNDERSTANDING.........
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#100972 - 06/01/05 10:42 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
TheLeX Offline

Loc: St.Louis, Missouri
Im not a satanist. Im just here to learn more about them as a group and individuals. To learn things that I can't in their Bible.

#100973 - 06/01/05 11:02 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: IronCrafter]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Please, can we have a little bit of kindness for our own?

Kindness, just as cruelty, is given to those who deserve it. The people you are attempting to stand up for are not one of 'ours' as far as I know for that matter, including yourself. Even still, that wouldn't give someone a free pass from being criticized or negatively commented upon.

This IS the only safe place for us.

Is 'safety' an intent of this messageboard? Do you perceive this place as some kind of nursery for youngling Satanists?

Just the memory that you too,were there once.

What do you mean by "there"? There has never been a time or place for apathy when it comes to a Satanist's experience with The Satanic Bible, even more so when they first become realized, which is what I am getting at. Being ignorant of Satanic tenets or inexperience is an entirely different matter.

That there are FAR too few of us as it is......

Are you so sure?

#100974 - 06/01/05 11:33 PM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Caesar]
IronCrafter Offline

I see your points CaesarsGhost.

Proof is the key,the mindset spoken clear.

Yet, when there is doubt do we ask,or judge on unknowns instead? Is this any better than being lazy in pursuing understanding of the basic tenets?

And yes I am quite aware that there is no use in trying to squeeze blood from turnips-it's there, or it isn't.

I don't percieve this as being any sort of "'nursery".

In fact, I view it as a filter for the Elite. The strong will not dissapear from sight on being challenged,they will assimilate what is of use, and become even stronger.

And no, none of us is beyond reproach..That is the way of life,we will doubt until there is no need of it. And still doubt,even so.

It is our backbone, for without it we would be no better than the sheep.

Smiles, and I stand corrected,I hope there are MANY more of us than I imagine.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#100975 - 06/02/05 01:39 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: IronCrafter]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Yet, when there is doubt do we ask,or judge on unknowns instead? Is this any better than being lazy in pursuing understanding of the basic tenets?

It is not my intention to doubt or judge here. I am responding to what anyone else here is just as welcome to make comments on, which itself is open for discussion or debate . The context of this discussion was what led one to become a Satanist, which I perceive the poster to mean specifically, a Member of The Church of Satan (who else can rightfully call themselves a Satanist?). Along the way, comments were made that spoke of The Satanic Bible as if it were no more than confirmation, as if reading it were happenstance. I responded to that, and instead of indifference being denied, it was actually defended, which I find odd coming from anyone emphatically claiming to be a born Satanist.

Satanists are born naturally predisposed to live Satanically, but many of them I presume never realize themselves as such or as much as they could due to inhibiting circumstances or prevailing weakness. When such a one does discover Satanism as arranged, explained, and utilized in The Satanic Bible, it is truly something special to say the least...and how much more for them if and when they choose to pursue Membership in The Church of Satan, which Doktor LaVey also founded (and amazingly there are those who hold him in little regard as well).

The Satanic Bible is a book, but its truths, fantasies, teachings, mysteries, and everything else contained within it are supremely diabolical and more powerful than most can even begin to comprehend. It stands alone. It is incomparable. It is Excalibur unsheathed from the stone.

Happy Birthday, by the way

#100976 - 06/02/05 07:47 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Caesar]
IronCrafter Offline

Thank you for the clarification CaesarsGhost....

You grow ever more worthy in my eyes. I have seen you rise in rank since I have been here,and can well understand why. I too, plan on pursuing membership in the church,it is frustrating to me that I cannot do it as quickly as I would like.

As far as the Esteem that I hold Doktor Lavey in....I will only say this.... It will always be my greatest regret of the Church of Satan,that I never pursued membership long before now-and that I thereby lost the chance to experience him in the flesh.

And of all Satanists,he will ALWAYS be THE one, above all else, I will be predisposed to feel kindness for. Everyone else is going to have to *earn* that.

And thank you for the birthday greetings, I'm 46 today.

#100977 - 06/02/05 07:53 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: TheLeX]
BlasphemousOne Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut, USA
Quote:

Im not a satanist. Im just here to learn more about them as a group and individuals. To learn things that I can't in their Bible.

This board is not an online study course, nor an "aquarium" for people who want to "view" and "study" Satanists.

#100978 - 06/02/05 08:31 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: damnage]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

My nature to survive.

#100979 - 06/02/05 08:49 AM Re: just wondering.. [Re: Caesar]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Quote:

The Satanic Bible is a book, but its truths, fantasies, teachings, mysteries, and everything else contained within it are supremely diabolical and more powerful than most can even begin to comprehend. It stands alone. It is incomparable. It is Excalibur unsheathed from the stone.

That's really good. I like how you expressed it.

#100980 - 06/02/05 08:55 AM The Satanic Bible. [Re: Caesar]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

While I really think you did an excellent job on clarifying the importance of The Satanic Bible, I'd like to add my own personal experience .

I can say with honesty that I learned alot from The Satanic Bible and I don't see anything wrong with that.

When I read The Satanic Bible, yes, it was very similar to what I thought my entire life while challenging anything that represented weakness in my life. It was through application that I realized I was born a Satanist. The sheep cannot be wolves. The Satanic Bible possesses the principles of nature. The strong and the clever are those who recognize these principles and exercise them in their lives. The strong are those who realize it is these very principles that lives in us, that flows in and through us. The weak will be dominated by those who exercise these very principles.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405804 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements