Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#101035 - 05/19/05 05:05 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: MagdaGraham]
Hydroksyde Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Quote:

When my cat, Molly Midnight, strops her claws on the wallpaper …
Instead of: “you f------ little b------”
try: “you villainous vandalous varmint!”

Must be a bit of a pain trying to come up with new words every time your cat breaks something. Nice name (for the cat) btw. Next time I get a cat, I think I'll call it satan.

#101036 - 05/19/05 05:14 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: Hydroksyde]
Satanya Offline
Banned

I just wonder what words those who fucking swear all the time and shit? use to express anger, emphasize sexual context, deliberately offend somebody, etc. I use controlled swear words, they are not a habit in my vocabulary, if I´m caught using them, there´s something wrong, unless I´m using them in a sexual context. I´m not offended however by other´s over-usage of them, I just don´t relate.

#101037 - 05/19/05 05:19 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: Hydroksyde]
Mike_Hargis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Bensalem, PA (Philly 'burbs)
Beats the fuck outta me!

www.myspace.com/satanist_in_pa
www.massagespace.net/Details/CMT-in-NE-Philly
www.brightfuse.com/mikehargis
www.facebook.com/people/Mike_Hargis/1381346496

#101039 - 05/19/05 05:48 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: Mike_Hargis]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Me too. No swearing would pretty much ruin the only two TV shows I care to watch anymore. "Deadwood" and "The Sopranos". The rest of the time we only use our TV to watch DVDs.

HS!

#101040 - 05/19/05 06:02 PM Re: I will tell you how. [Re: ]
Erox Offline

Loc: Poconos, PA
Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I "curse" to, but in front of an appropriate audience!

I have to agree with Ravenheal.
Your vocabulary plays a big part of Lesser Magic, and there's a time and place for it. Who in their right mind interviews a guttermouth for an office position and says "You're the guy! Can you start Monday?"

Don't get me wrong, I can fling curses (not only in English but Spanish & Italian as well!) with the best of 'em, and the only time I deem it offensive is when it's inappropriate, like yelling at a kid, for example.

Hearing it on tv or a movie is no biggie because it's a reflection of real life. Sometimes a well-placed "F-Word" can make the dialogue even funnier!

#101042 - 05/19/05 06:22 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: Hydroksyde]
damnage Offline

I personally have NO problem with them.
Its just a word, what makes those so special?
maybe if i could go back in time, and choose some goofy word and use it enough, would it be censored on tv, or considered offensive.
But, different person, Different opinion.
Since they ARE considered offisive though, i do find it wrong if i hear some kid tryin to cuss me out.
I dont really curse that often, but when i do, it comes in mass quantities

#101043 - 05/19/05 07:39 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: Mallamun]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South

"Curse words" are linguistic illusions created by society. Just like the wide variety of gods, their power exists within the individual's mentality. People who are more self-enlightened are generally able to look past these words and get to the root of the message, though there does tend to be that "annoyance" when the word is over used or misused. People who are most confused or slaves to their society/religion tend to be literally afraid of these words: so much so that they'll create elaborate, money-sucking organizations to protect their offspring from ever hearing such a word even once (as if), rather than educating their young ones not to take the words to heart. Vulgarity is an important part of any language: in the proper contex, it serves its purpose, just like the word "pudding" or "bicycle". (shrug) And it's good for talking dirty.

I love your answer. I think you have a great Satanic perspective to the topic.

#101044 - 05/19/05 10:35 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: Old_Pig]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I second that.

We should remember that only a century or so ago, "leg" was considered a nasty word and concept---to the point where stockings were put on piano legs!

Nowadays, even most Christian youths will say "crap."

Language is ever-evolving--in the culture, as well as inside our very heads.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#101045 - 05/19/05 11:10 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: TrojZyr]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
Hmm,coining new and interesting curse words.

I think perhaps I will use a synthesis to coin a new word for the Satanic Lexicon.

How about this?

How does the word "Ditztian" strike you?

Ring any bells?
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#101046 - 05/19/05 11:31 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: IronCrafter]
damnage Offline

Ditzy Christian maybe??
thats all i can think of
how bout
Blasptian
they all seem that way to me...

#101047 - 05/19/05 11:51 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: damnage]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
Grins

Maybe I should just wander off and do a painting of a sheep made out of money. I will title it THE PASTOR'S DREAM.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#101048 - 05/20/05 12:36 AM Re: "offensive" language [Re: Hydroksyde]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
People who have hang-ups about curse words are motherfuckers who should take a shit and a piss, then the cunts should go fuck themselves, the goddamn cocksuckers.

My tits are itchy.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#101049 - 05/20/05 12:49 AM Re: "offensive" language [Re: gypsy]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
On the word FUCK

Yes I know it's been posted before.

Don't wait for loading, just clic play.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#101050 - 05/20/05 04:18 AM Re: "offensive" language [Re: Hydroksyde]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
Molly Midnight doesn’t break things very often.
Actually it’s fun thinking of new expostulations. Words are, after all, my stock-in-trade.
May I suggest that calling an animal Satan is not a good idea. Don’t be obvious. Choose a title for your pet that makes the sheeple say: “what a beautiful/interesting name!” Then enjoy hearing them saying it without understanding.
My Lady of Darkness sits there, placidly washing a paw, sharing her secret with only me.
HAIL SATAN!
Magda

#101051 - 05/20/05 06:58 AM Re: I will tell you how. [Re: ]
Remorazz Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Just like the "French man" in the Matrix said: "cursing in French is like wiping your ass with silk."

"Putain d'enculée de merde a la con..."

I love to tell some one who pissed me off to do pound sand in French , the best part being their thanks when i'm done...
HS! G We have wasted far too much time explaining that Satanism has nothing to do with kidnapping, drug abuse, child molestation, animal or child sacrifice , or any number of other acts that idiots, hysterics or opportunists would like to credit us with. By Anton Szandor LaVey ©1988 PENTAGONAL REVISIONISM: A FIVE-POINT PROGRAM ~Special Thanks to: Agent Jack Malebranche for his permission to use his art in my avatar.~ SETI Combat Camera Cool Products

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406136 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements