Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#101052 - 05/20/05 07:00 AM Re: "offensive" language [Re: gypsy]
Remorazz Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Then scratch the "fuck" out of them...

HS! G We have wasted far too much time explaining that Satanism has nothing to do with kidnapping, drug abuse, child molestation, animal or child sacrifice , or any number of other acts that idiots, hysterics or opportunists would like to credit us with. By Anton Szandor LaVey ©1988 PENTAGONAL REVISIONISM: A FIVE-POINT PROGRAM ~Special Thanks to: Agent Jack Malebranche for his permission to use his art in my avatar.~ SETI Combat Camera Cool Products

#101053 - 05/20/05 07:04 AM Re: "offensive" language [Re: IronCrafter]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
I think this is a wonderful new word and we should add it to our vocabulary.
HAIL SATAN!
Magda

#101054 - 05/20/05 07:22 AM Re: I will tell you how. [Re: Remorazz]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Sop what are you saying???

Shit, Fuck, bitch, cunt....should be the same as saying, doo doo, sex, female dog, vagina?????

NO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm kidding!!!

#101055 - 05/20/05 07:29 AM Re: "offensive" language [Re: gypsy]
MagistraNadramia Offline

CoS HighPriestess

Loc: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
Why are there so many on-screen misspellings in that little movie, I wonder?

It distracts me from its overall hilarity.

Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Please email me with your membership questions - PMs may not be answered.
www.churchofsatan.com
HPNadramia@churchofsatan.com

#101056 - 05/20/05 08:16 AM Re: "offensive" language [Re: MagistraNadramia]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
MagistraNadramia
There is a much better version out somewhere in cyberspace; I'll be dammed if I could find it. I googled and googled and came up with well nada.

I'm sure someone around here has a link.
I'm guessing Bill_M does.

gypsy

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#101057 - 05/20/05 04:02 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: IronCrafter]
damnage Offline

VERY well put.
nothing makes me more happy then to see things like that said without fear

#101058 - 05/20/05 04:31 PM Re: I will tell you how. [Re: ]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
I have kids too, I still curse around them. Then teach them what they can and can not say. They will always learn it from some where. Especially if you are going to take them to school.

Example, the one word that I don't say, "nigger". My kid heard it from my babysitters son, who learned it from school. The first time I heard him say it, I was in a grocery store, he yelled, "You nigger!!!" I was unhappy to say the least, but since I had taught him not to say so many other words, it was easy to teach him.

I have a nephew, that got taught certain words like "dumb" and "stupid" where curse words. One day I said some thing using one of these forbidden words. I don't remember what it was, but it was a normal every day word. Nothing is more annoying then a four year old telling me what I can and can not say.

I tell me kids, that these are adult words. We've had lots of adult versus kid discussions. My three year old son seems to think he can drive my car. "Mommy, I want to drive home!"

#101059 - 05/20/05 04:57 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: Hydroksyde]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
What I think is interesting, is how the people that are offended by "fuck". Seem to have no problem having you replace the word with "fudge". What is the difference when it is used in the same context? "I want to fudge you." As long as the person knows about the word that is replaced the meaning is still the same.

#101060 - 05/20/05 06:53 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: gypsy]
Mike_Hargis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Bensalem, PA (Philly 'burbs)
Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke! The fuckin' bastards!

www.myspace.com/satanist_in_pa
www.massagespace.net/Details/CMT-in-NE-Philly
www.brightfuse.com/mikehargis
www.facebook.com/people/Mike_Hargis/1381346496

#101061 - 05/20/05 06:56 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: gypsy]
Mike_Hargis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Bensalem, PA (Philly 'burbs)
Quote:

I'm sure someone around here has a link.
I'm guessing Bill_M does.

If he doesn't have it, it probably doesn't exist!

www.myspace.com/satanist_in_pa
www.massagespace.net/Details/CMT-in-NE-Philly
www.brightfuse.com/mikehargis
www.facebook.com/people/Mike_Hargis/1381346496

#101062 - 05/20/05 08:05 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: Hydroksyde]
Asmedious Offline

There is a chapter devoted to this subject in the book "Quantum Psychology" by Robert Anton Wilson. The chapter is called "How George Carlin made history. It discusses how the FCC has seven illegal words that can not be used in the media. For educational purposes I will include them: 1. shit 2. Piss 3. fuck 4. cunt 5. cocksucker 6. Mother fucker 7. Tits.
The article points out, that many Soap Operas base their story lines daily on subjects that these words incorporate, but the words themselves are changed to a form accepted by the Comrades at the FCC. i.e Breasts, urination, fornication, Making love, having sex, feces, and so on.
Interesting to note is that when I ran a spell check on this entry, about five out of those words came up as Mis-spelled, though non of the alternatives the dictionary gave had anything to do with the words writen.
At least I spelled Piss and Tits right. Who says having an education doesn't pay?

#101063 - 05/20/05 09:43 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: VKat]
fiftythirdspirit Offline

Hmmmmm, "I want to fudge you" sounds, um, kinky...

#101064 - 05/20/05 10:36 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: Hydroksyde]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
I don´t believe in offensive language.

Offensive PEOPLE , on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#101065 - 05/21/05 10:19 AM fuck [Re: Hydroksyde]
toad Offline

CoS Member

Loc: texas
I think it's interesting that "fuck" wasn't really a vulgar word way back when, but then became vulgar late in the 18th century.
This little excerpt from "Word and Phrase Origins" is quite interesting to me.
Quote:

fuck. Originally a quite acceptable word, fuck was recorded in a English dictionary as early as John Florio's A World of Words (1598). The word doesn't derive from the police blotter entry "[booked] for unlawful carnal knowledge," as some people still believe. Our word for the act of sexual connection may remotely come from the Latin for the same, futuere, but most probably is from the Old German [i[ficken/fucken, "to strike or penetrate," which had the slang meaning "to copulate." As Partridge points out, the German word is almost certainly related to the Latin words for pugilish, puncture, and prick, through the root pug, which goes back to prehistoric times. Before fuck came into English in the late 15th century - its first recorded use is in 1503 - swyve was the verb most commonly used for fucking. Fuck began to become more rare in print in the 18th century when human experience began to be disguised behind a "veil of decency," and the last dictionary it was recorded in up until recent time is Francis Grose's Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue (1785), in the form of f**k. The great O.E.D. banned it, just as it banned cunt (but not prick, for some reason), and this made the word's acceptance all the harder. Though great writers like D. H. Lawrence, James Joyce, and Henry Miller tried to restore fuck to its proper place in print, it wasn't until 1960 that Grove Press in American won a court case that permitted publishers to print fuck legally for the first time in centuries. The book containing the word was D. H. Lawrence's Lady Chatterley's Lover, written in 1928.

Toad

I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.

#101066 - 05/21/05 06:12 PM Re: "offensive" language [Re: Hydroksyde]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Just tell all those fucking fuckers that people should fucking swear all they fucking want, for fuck's sake. Fuck.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements