Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#102146 - 05/23/05 02:48 PM What's so difficult to understand?
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

From the Board description for the "Questions about the Church of Satan" forum:

Quote:

Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.

Why is this so difficult for people to comprehend?
[end gripe]
Prevention of Virtue

#102147 - 05/23/05 02:59 PM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: LKRice]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Good question. It beats the hell out of me...

#102148 - 05/23/05 03:54 PM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: LKRice]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
Lack of self control.

Heck,you've slapped me for overstepping LK,and it was within your rights.

But I LEARN from mistakes, rather than repeating them.

Maybe some people simply lack the "DOH!" factor of being able to slap themselves upside the head when they need to?
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#102149 - 05/23/05 04:30 PM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: IronCrafter]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Also, lack of attention to detail. You have posts that say READ THIS BEFORE POSTING. Rules of engagment are clearly stated. IF they would have "read this" before hand, they would have known.

I think everyone needs a kick in the ass sometimes.

#102150 - 05/23/05 04:52 PM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: CWH]
Mr. Saturday Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: USA
Lack of attention is exactly it...along with a little lack of respect. However, that reminds me of a joke:

First-year med school students were having their first go in anatomy class with a cadaver. The students all gathered at the table, the dead body covered with a white sheet.
Their professor began class by telling them that there are two essential qualities in the medical field. The first: you can never be disgusted with anything involving the human body.
To prove his point, the professor pulled back the sheet covering the cadaver, shoved his finger into the corpse's ass, pulled it out and stuck it into his mouth. He then told the students to do the same.
The students, after a brief moment of disgust, began taking turns sticking their fingers into the cadaver's bum and sucking them.
When all the students were done, the professor said to them, "The second essential quality is observation. For those astute enough to notice, I stuck my middle finger in the anus and sucked my index."

Pay attention people. You never know when you might miss something important.

Mr. Saturday
Media Contact/Warlock - Church of Satan

#102151 - 05/23/05 04:58 PM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: Mr. Saturday]
oggi Offline

Loc: Finland
That is very good way to teach

#102152 - 05/23/05 05:09 PM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: Mr. Saturday]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
Laughs...too true.....

The Devil's in the details!
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#102153 - 05/23/05 05:18 PM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: CWH]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
I'd agree with you if it were true for everybody.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#102154 - 05/23/05 05:20 PM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: LKRice]
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: UK
I have to admit i may have slipped up a few times (or been tempted to). The reason? In my case casually browsing down the forum and forgetting which board i'm on. Then i slap myself just before i hit that "reply" link.

We all need a homer moment

#102155 - 05/23/05 05:33 PM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: Mr. Saturday]
fiftythirdspirit Offline

I've heard of that professor, his name is E. Coli.

#102156 - 05/23/05 05:40 PM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: IronCrafter]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:

The Devil's in the details!

In this case I think it should be the proof is in the pudding!

Okay, I know...

HS!

Edited by Tiberia (05/23/05 06:14 PM)

#102157 - 05/23/05 07:35 PM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: LKRice]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I honestly think that anyone unauthorized to post in such a section and yet still does fails to see this message board as a privilege to use. It is desrespect not only to the organization which they claim to respect but also to those authorized to answer questions.

I think alot of folks come here for a ego trip with false merit and authority attempting to blend in with the predators when they are nothing but sheep in wolves clothing.

#102158 - 05/24/05 02:09 AM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: LKRice]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Ahhh..... The Law of the Forbidden reaches out from the strangest of places.

#102160 - 05/24/05 09:31 AM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: LKRice]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Quote:

Why is this so difficult for people to comprehend?

Because people are ,largely, impatient, stupid, discourteous and shallow creatures. People will rush to respond to ANY question they may even suspect they have an answer to.

Very much like a grade school child waving its hand in the air, squirming in its chair going, "Ooo, Ooo, Ooo, pick me, pick me!"

#102161 - 05/24/05 11:16 AM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: Cholinergic]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>I have to admit i may have slipped up a few times (or
>>been tempted to). The reason? In my case casually
>>browsing down the forum and forgetting which board
>>i'm on.

Same here! It happens. I suspect for people who have already made a lot of posts (and are thus rather familiar with the board), this would be the #1 reason. Though for those brand new to the board, I suspect it's just a case of not reading the directions.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#102162 - 05/25/05 02:01 PM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: LKRice]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Because people are used that it's 'okay' to make mistakes. Sometimes stupidity is tolerated too much, it should be more painful for some.

#102163 - 05/25/05 02:48 PM Re: What's so difficult to understand? [Re: Grima]
oggi Offline

Loc: Finland
true. There should be first warning, then one week ban, then two, three, and so on.

"it’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful"- Anton Szandor LaVey

well, in this situation it can be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404441 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements