Page 1 of 2 1 2
THE LAST EVER Recipe Of The Week - 20/06/05 #107245
06/19/05 10:47 PM
06/19/05 10:47 PM
UK.
DNA Offline OP
DNA  Offline OP

UK.
Something this week for the meat lovers out there, bit of a change from the plethora of seafood recipes that i have been posting of recent. This was passed onto me from a friend in The Big Apple who runs a restaurant near Times Square, and is one of his most popular dishes. Passed from Wolfgang Puck to one of his Associates, lost by me on the flight back, and found on his website...

Wolfgang Puck's New York Steak with Mushrooms.

Serves 4

12 scallions or new onions
4 New York Strip steaks (8 to 10 ounces each), cut 1 inch thick
Salt
Freshly ground pepper
4 tablespoons (2 ounces) unsalted butter
1 pound fresh shiitake (or oyster) mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1/3 cup Cognac or brandy
2 cups Beef Stock, reduced to 1 cup (in a skillet)
1 package enoki mushrooms, stemmed (available at many supermarkets)

This recipe calls for scallions or new onions. New onions are similar to scallions or green onions, but slightly larger and the bulb end is rounder.

1. Heat a grill. When hot, grill the onions for about 2 minutes on each side, or until they are tender but crunchy. If you don’t have a grill, blanch the onions in boiling salted water. Drain and keep warm.

2. Season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Reserve.

3. In a heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter until bubbling slightly. Cook the shiitakes over high heat until they begin to brown slightly. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Remove from the p
an and keep warm.

4. Carefully pour the Cognac or brandy into the hot skillet and ignite. Let the flame die out naturally. Reduce the Cognac to 2 tablespoons, scraping any loose bits that cling to the bottom of the pan. Stir in the reduced beef stock. Reduce the sauce until slightly thickened, but still very light. Return the mushrooms and their juice to the sauce and reduce more if necessary. Correct the seasonings.

5. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, a little at a time. Stir in the enoki mushrooms. Set the sauce aside and keep warm.

6. Grill the steaks on the preheated grill for 3 minutes on each side, or sauté them in a very hot skillet with a little oil for 3 minutes on each side, or until the meat is medium rare. Remove from the heat.

7. If necessary, reheat the sauce very gently.

Divide the scallions or new onions equally among 4 warm dinner plates. Spoon the mushroom sauce over the onions. Place a steak in the middle of each plate. Serve immediately.

Re: Recipe Of The Week - 20/06/05 [Re: DNA] #107246
06/20/05 07:40 PM
06/20/05 07:40 PM
Virginia
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member
dragondancer  Offline

CoS Member

Virginia
Thanks for the meat recipe, DNA. Definitely going to try this one! Steak......mmmmmmmmmm.

Hail Satan!

"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

Re: Recipe Of The Week - 20/06/05 [Re: dragondancer] #107247
06/20/05 08:26 PM
06/20/05 08:26 PM
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock
Caesar  Offline

CoS Warlock

You should check out the website this was copied and pasted from...at least there you get it from the source (and there's pictures).

http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/recipedetail.php?Alias=RE_WP0105

www.vampiretemple.com
Are You One Of Us?
Re: Recipe Of The Week - 20/06/05 [Re: Caesar] #107248
06/20/05 10:09 PM
06/20/05 10:09 PM
Northern Virginia, USA
Ceallach Offline
Ceallach  Offline

Northern Virginia, USA
teehee there ya go bursting the bubble yet again

TY for the linkage

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Re: Recipe Of The Week - 20/06/05 [Re: Caesar] #107249
06/21/05 10:31 AM
06/21/05 10:31 AM
UK.
DNA Offline OP
DNA  Offline OP

UK.
Quote:

You should check out the website this was copied and pasted from...at least there you get it from the source (and there's pictures).

http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/recipedetail.php?Alias=RE_WP0105

So Wolfgang Puck is not allowed to be a friend of mine? For shame! CG, you got an issue with me (acting as pitbull for someone else?) you say it. I am one of a handful of 3 star top chef's in the UK (Discarnate Entity knows my Restaurant) and i am on good terms with the likes of Antony Worrall Thompson, Rick Stein (my employer) and Nick Nairn. Show me someone else on LttD who even remotely comes close, and i shall make a full public apology.

So the CoS is based on personal achievement? I'm doing quite well on that scale then, Sir.

Re: Recipe Of The Week - 20/06/05 [Re: DNA] #107250
06/21/05 01:45 PM
06/21/05 01:45 PM
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest
Hagen von Tronje  Offline

CoS Priest

So the CoS is based on personal achievement?

That's right. What Warlock CaesarsGhost is pointing out is that you are not personally responsible for this recipe "achievement."

For the record, there is nothing wrong with posting outside material. The problem is when it is not properly credited. It really doesn't matter if Wolfgang Puck is your uncle, if he wrote the recipe, when you reproduce it, it behooves you to state clearly the source. That's not up for dispute. Copyright laws come into effect the moment you cease to credit your sources, and if nothing else, honor demands that you give credit where credit is due.

If you're a three star chef, surely you have your own recipes as well. It really doesn't matter to me if you wrote it, or if King Tutankamen wrote it and you like it, but if it is not your own, original, personal work and nobody else's, then you are required to cite its original source, as informatively as possible (i.e. a link to the webpage where possible, book title, etc).

"The devil I'll bring you," answered Hagen. "I have enough to carry with my shield and breastplate; my helm is bright, the sword is in my hand, therefore I bring you naught."
Re: Recipe Of The Week - 20/06/05 [Re: DNA] #107251
06/21/05 01:54 PM
06/21/05 01:54 PM
Dallas, Texas
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister
Magister Frost  Offline

CoS Magister

Dallas, Texas
The CoS does not solely base its opinion of people on personal achievement, there are MANY factors involved in this area. Lesser Magic would be one of those areas but this post clearly shows you do not understand it.

Regardless of who you are in the UK, I have personally never heard of you, you have never done anything to gain my attention or get personally invited to any of my parties. You have no recognition in this organization ... so in a sense you are the exact same as 90% of everyone else on this board. So really there is no need to show you anyone who comes close to you because ... 90% is a lot of people and my fingers would get tired typing all the names out.

So the next time you want to talk "rudely" to a Warlock who has done more in my eyes than you could ever ... you may want to think of where that will get you ... He was merely pointing out an obvious fact that you do NOT give credit where credit is due for this "posts" you make, your reply was unwarranted.

=======================================

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com
Re: Recipe Of The Week - 20/06/05 [Re: Hagen von Tronje] #107252
06/21/05 02:45 PM
06/21/05 02:45 PM
UK.
DNA Offline OP
DNA  Offline OP

UK.
Quote:

Copyright laws come into effect the moment you cease to credit your sources, and if nothing else, honor demands that you give credit where credit is due.

Done, Warlock Leviathan, as you so rightly pointed out.

Re: Recipe Of The Week - 20/06/05 [Re: Magister Frost] #107253
06/21/05 02:48 PM
06/21/05 02:48 PM
UK.
DNA Offline OP
DNA  Offline OP

UK.
Quote:

Regardless of who you are in the UK, I have personally never heard of you, you have never done anything to gain my attention or get personally invited to any of my parties.

Good grief, all you had to do was ask! The next time you are in the UK's capital, drop me a line and i'll try and set up a personal soiree for yourself and any other friends who you might have with you. I travel to the US a couple of times per year, mostly New York and San Francisco, but never (so far) to the Lone Star State. Perhaps at some point in the future...

Re: Recipe Of The Week - 20/06/05 [Re: DNA] #107254
06/21/05 05:00 PM
06/21/05 05:00 PM
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock
Caesar  Offline

CoS Warlock

I say all the time that people "tell on themselves". Here I only point out the obvious, and out you come with all this self-consciousness. What will you do when someone really calls your number?

I don't know you and I don't care to, judging from how you've consistently presented yourself here. I also don't care who you are friends with. A spiderweb is only as sure as its spider.

Quote:

Show me someone else on LttD who even remotely comes close, and i shall make a full public apology.

Comes close to what? Being a '3 star chef'? You must be joking (and that's giving you the benefit of the doubt). You also in one sweeping statement just revealed how you really see others here, and that's quite an outright presumptious insult.

Quote:

So the CoS is based on personal achievement? I'm doing quite well on that scale then, Sir.

I think you need to reevaluate what personal achievement is. You also need to stop assuming what you think to be what the Church of Satan is based on is something you have successfully obtained.

www.vampiretemple.com
Are You One Of Us?
Re: Recipe Of The Week - 20/06/05 [Re: DNA] #107255
06/21/05 05:25 PM
06/21/05 05:25 PM
Dallas, Texas
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister
Magister Frost  Offline

CoS Magister

Dallas, Texas
Quote:

Good grief, all you had to do was ask! ...

Actually no, I should not have to ask what would be the point of that? I do not ask anyone anything, I let them prove themselves to me, that in turn allows me to treat them accordingly. Its interesting to see how many people don't "get it" .... very interesting.

=======================================

From Hell,

Magister Frost

We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com
Re: Anthony Warrell Thomson? [Re: DNA] #107256
06/21/05 06:28 PM
06/21/05 06:28 PM
England
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend
Drake_Bamboozle  Offline
CoS Reverend

England
>>and i am on good terms with the likes of Anthony Warrell Thomson<<

Does he know you cannot even spell his name?

His name is:

Antony Worrall Thompson.

You didn't spell either his first, middle or last name correctly.

Human beings are as significant as a cigarette burn in the sun.
Re: Recipe Of The Week - 20/06/05 [Re: Caesar] #107257
06/21/05 06:37 PM
06/21/05 06:37 PM
UK.
DNA Offline OP
DNA  Offline OP

UK.
Quote:

I say all the time that people "tell on themselves". Here I only point out the obvious, and out you come with all this self-consciousness. What will you do when someone really calls your number?

Okay. I admit it. I'm king of the fish people and this is one of my many guises. No really, your above question is nothing more than vague reverse psychology fishing for an answer, and as such is insulting, and deserves the same as such.

Quote:

Being a '3 star chef'? You must be joking (and that's giving you the benefit of the doubt). You also in one sweeping statement just revealed how you really see others here, and that's quite an outright presumptious insult.

You are showing your lack of perception by not doing your research. All the answers are there in front of you. Don't be lazy, do your homework...

Quote:

I think you need to reevaluate what personal achievement is. You also need to stop assuming what you think to be what the Church of Satan is based on is something you have successfully obtained.

Something i percieve from various articles on the CoS Website. Seems straightforward enough. We keep seeing the 'tag' or moniker of 'Alien Elite.' Plenty Alien, not a great deal of Elite. From a certain point of view, of course. And with so much of Satanism up to individual interpretation, that is mine...

Re: Antony Worrall Thompson? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle] #107258
06/21/05 06:40 PM
06/21/05 06:40 PM
UK.
DNA Offline OP
DNA  Offline OP

UK.
Quote:

>>and i am on good terms with the likes of Anthony Warrell Thomson<<

Does he know you cannot even spell his name?

His name is:

Antony Worrall Thompson.

You didn't spell either his first, middle or last name correctly.

I stand corrected. Quite possibly my first spelling error, and not bad considering that one is dyslexic. Please, no jokes this minute.

Re: Recipe Of The Week - 20/06/05 [Re: DNA] #107259
06/21/05 07:41 PM
06/21/05 07:41 PM
R
RustySpring Offline
CoS Warlock
RustySpring  Offline
CoS Warlock
R

Quote:

I am one of a handful of 3 star top chef's in the UK (Discarnate Entity knows my Restaurant)

To clarify, Warlock Discarnate Entity knows of the restaurant you SAY you own! I would refrain from using him as a source of corroboration for your ‘stories’.

I speak only for myself, but I think you are a Walter Mitty type with some sort of agenda.

I have nothing more to say.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Forum Statistics
Forums73
Topics44,555
Posts407,981
Members13,366
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.049s Queries: 15 (0.039s) Memory: 1.5268 MB (Peak: 1.8790 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-10-17 20:08:45 UTC