Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#107648 - 06/21/05 10:17 PM What is Elite?
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
What is Elite?

To the vast majority of people, considering oneself elite is dependent on the evaluation of others. Those who share the herd’s values, who have attained pre-determined levels of accomplishment, are admired. These accomplished people are often slaves to the very same servile impulses that control the lives of less accomplished people. They work tirelessly to impress one another, and their personal satisfaction relies on group approval. Those considered elite, while often admirably skilled, talented, determined, intelligent—or just plain lucky—are often quite insecure and needy. Those gods of the herd, celebrities, often spend an enormous amount of time self-medicating and seeking out feel-good therapies. Why? Because even the approval of millions is not enough to stave off their internal need for external approval. Accomplished people in many fields compete with each other in a never-ending competition to determine who has the most expensive car, lives in the most exclusive neighborhood, has the smallest phone or the prettiest trophy wife. Those who have achieved less simply yearn for these things. As I see it, what separates society’s elite and not-so-elite is simply the ability and resources to get what everyone else wants.

What of the people who do not want what everyone else wants? What of the people whose most driving desire is not to bask in the admiration of others, but to satisfy their own inner desires? What of people who assign worth to things and ideas and achievements based not on what others want, but on the evaluations of their own internal appraisers?

Are these people not elite? Do these people not stand out from others in that they reject the slavish concerns of the majority and concern themselves instead with personal satisfaction and genuine pleasure? As mentioned above, among the herd, there are simply “haves” and “have nots.” To Satanists, what others have or want is irrelevant. Satanists are outside of the “have/have not” system. Some people have things, others want them, but to Satanists, what others have and want is irrelevant. Some Satanists are successful in conventional terms, because the things they genuinely enjoy doing bring them money and even herd acclaim. Some just enjoy making money! Other Satanists become successful in unconventional terms; but we all share the same integrity of desire. We have visions for our lives that are different. In a world which is becoming increasingly homogenized—where you can fly across the globe, walk into a store and see people wearing the exact same shirt you purchased yesterday, even have the same conversation over a familiar cup of coffee about the same news you both just heard that morning—meaningful difference is truly elite.

The word elite, like the word Satan, is troublesome to many.

Both words have powerful meanings among the herd, and create confusion when one attempts to reconcile them with the core philosophy of Satanism. They are code words that each individual must unlock; both can lead to profound Satanic understanding. Those who are unable to decipher these codes were never meant to be among... the Alien Elite. They should head North with the others.

#107649 - 06/21/05 10:38 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
Magister Nemo made an important observation that I have been turning over in my mind for a few weeks now.

That a Satanist who is evolving should seek to move "beyond validation." I realized that this meant reaching down inside, and accepting one's core. I'ts rather a "zen" thing,but without the self obliterating overtones.

One simply realizes that one CAN be happy in pursuing one's desires. Independent not only of outside approval,but of the constant self-doubt that it creates in seeking internal justification.

I will give an example.

I decide to do five helmets in a day. But the goal was unrealistic, and I only get four done instead. Rather than beating myself up over "failing" I pat myself on the back for my accomplishment-it's still pretty damned good.

Maybe I look down the street at the Jone's fancy house and car. The f**ker is giving himself ulcers and heart attacks to maintain that. I decide I'd be happier OWNING a lot out in the country I have PAID in full,in a little trailer-I'll build up as I can afford it. There's a mansion in my future,I can see it. If I can see it,I can make it happen.

Step by step,I work towards that,creating a total enviornment MY way,from scratch. Unique,made just for ME. Who's going to be happier,me or Mr. Jones?

I may not be driving a beamer today,but it's off in the future some place-if I work smart enough,and hard enough.

Or maybe I'll just decide that's too *pretentious*,and go for something economical-I have better uses for the money.

I've moved beyond validation,to a state of simply BEING.

Happiness reigns.

How better to be Alien,and Elite,than to pursue MY life,MY way? A seperate reality. MY reality-not anyone else's.

Edited by IronCrafter (06/21/05 10:40 PM)
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#107650 - 06/21/05 11:39 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: IronCrafter]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Quote:

How better to be Alien,and Elite,than to pursue MY life,MY way? A seperate reality. MY reality-not anyone else's.

Precisely. Satanism is a Sinatra song.

Quote:

My Way

(P. Anka, J. Revaux, G. Thibault, C. Frankois)

And now, the end is here
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and ev'ry highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing
To think I did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way,
"Oh, no, oh, no, not me, I did it my way"

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows and did it my way!

People who are struggling to be "elite" and who validate themselves solely by achieving what others value are completely missing the point. If the herd heads North, one may be at the lead, but he's still traveling with the herd.

Some people don't understand that, and it doesn't matter how many ways you say it. Some do.

#107651 - 06/22/05 12:11 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
A very well written post, Agent Malebranche.

I've always believed, as most likely all Satanists do, that Satanist should be concerned with the self, first and foremost. Therefore, the only validation that a Satanist should need is self-validation. It's always nice to be given praise by one's friends and loved ones, but no one can ever live a truly balanced life if one does not love oneself.

Many herdlings have trophy families and office jobs, and semi-expensive cars and a good retirement plan, but that does not change the fact that they are still herdlings. Many of them even believe that they are happy, but they will likely never experience true happiness because they are emotionally repressed and bound to the expectations and one-size-fits-all morals of society.
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heaven of hell, or a hell of heaven." - Paradise Lost, lines 251-255 of Book I

Wading in the cyberspace cesspool (MySpace page)

#107652 - 06/22/05 01:11 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

I am completely impressed, my friend. I couldn't agree more with these very powerful words.

Hail the Alien Elite!

#107653 - 06/22/05 01:26 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>>Some Satanists are successful in conventional terms, because the things they genuinely enjoy doing bring them money and even herd acclaim.<<

This is the problem I've always seen with any of the arts. For it to be successful it requires a wide audience, so to a large extent it is reliant on herd acclaim.

If I didn't rely on herd acclaim and simply wrote for myself then I wouldn't bother submitting work to literature magazines or putting a book out.

However, if I had never had a thing published, I would, of course, still be writing it!

But imposing one's will or essence upon an audience through an artistic medium is something quite different to seeking their approval.

Good post, Warlock Malebranche.

#107654 - 06/22/05 01:36 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Hydroksyde Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Very good! My thoughts exactly, If you need to be told you're elite, you probably aren't. I have to wonder if this would fit better in the essays and writings section, but no matter.

#107655 - 06/22/05 01:57 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
What is truly sad is when one's friends get stuck on this "Keepin Up With The Joneses" mentality. My best friend has been stressing out because he feels he has not acheived all he "should have" achieved by this time in his life.

I say, Fuck the Joneses!

#107656 - 06/22/05 02:36 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Confucius Offline

Loc: United States Of America
I am impressed as well. I have always felt exactly that way about myself, although it wasn't until I was in my middle teens that I actually realized it. But the goals, worths, values etc, that I place upon myself and the things around me are there entirely for my own reasons. I do not need the approval of others to live the way I do, or to seek the goals that I seek. You have stratified the way I and many others feel about themselves. Thank you.
"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." - George Orwell, "1984" "No doubt alcohol, tobacco, and so forth, are things that a saint must avoid, but sainthood is also a thing that human beings must avoid... Many people genuinely do not wish to be saints, and it is probable that some who achieve or aspire to sainthood have never felt much temptation to be human beings." - George Orwell c. 1950

#107657 - 06/22/05 02:59 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Citizen_HHG Offline
CoS Member

Loc: the Netherlands
Dear Warlock Malebranche,

Yes the Sinatra song says it all, and furthermore I found it a very good piece you have been writing on "what is Elite?"

I must say I also can relate to what the others have been writing, so I think it would be very obsolete to add something to this. But I can't help it but I'll give a little addition to this: I think the so-called elite are ugly in their every day life expressions, they in a way only have care for themselves (wich is in a way Satanic) but the more ugly side is that they only think about how they must present themselves to their surroundings. They can be quite obnoxious in their things, for example (from a personal experience) Is that they always want to have a discount on everything the want. Or else the would call the "friends" who are in a higher postion to get me sacked or something. As an optician I always encounter this very irritating behaviour. And the only thing that will come to my mind is "Ok' I'll rather be your enemy then"

Who are the true elite then? We are! The Alien elite!! Hail to the Alien Elite!!!

Citizen_HHG

www.churchofsatan.com
www.vampiretemple.com

#107658 - 06/22/05 07:24 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Very well written post! It completely describes how I act, I always look at myself first and foremost; do I like/need this?
If I happen to have something that is 'fashionable' I have it because I like it and not because everybody else wants it. People who want to be my friends because I suddenly happen to be fashionable are most likely leeches best to be avoided.

#107659 - 06/22/05 08:58 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Raf_G Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Central America
I have to say I am impressed also at this post from Agent Malebranche. When I read posts like this, I feel even more proud of being a Satanist, Thank you very much Agent!!

Hail Satan!!!

#107660 - 06/22/05 09:11 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Rattlesnake Offline

Loc: Yurop
I was thinking about this issue yesterday actually, and I went to the opposite limits. I mean those people who really want to be "elite" by defining it in their own terms. Those pathetic creatures who strive so much to be different that they reject even things that are aesthetically and emotionally pleasing to them only because the majority adopts them too. It is my opinion that they are slaves of people who have actually achieved something non-mainstream and they do whatever their wallet can to copy their appearance. They talk with quotes said by their "heroes", quotes they do not even understand. Daddy's wallet equips them with every piece of exaggeration they can buy. Weird hairstyles displaying their apparent lack of brain function. They read every piece of junk labeled anti-mainsteam out there and they throw it right back at you because they think it makes them look smart. Their individuality is sunk in this "anti-culture" they chose to become slaves into. Herdlings and those self-defined "anti-herdlings" look to me like two sides of the same coin. They are the same, their only different is that they start from different points to arrive at the same destination. People who own instead of people who are

#107661 - 06/22/05 09:18 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rattlesnake]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
Conforming to a "norm" of non-conformity is the most ridiculous of conformances.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#107662 - 06/22/05 10:06 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Hydroksyde]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

I would normally not bother writing a post like this at all. The Satanists I normally converse with here already know this.

However, recently someone with a very poor understanding of Satanic elitism attempted to deride the Church of Satan and its members in this forum, and I wanted to balance that out for people who are newer to Satanism.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43649 Topics
404212 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements