Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#107680 - 06/22/05 05:45 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
I would normally not bother writing a post like this at all. The Satanists I normally converse with here already know this. However, recently someone with a very poor understanding of Satanic elitism attempted to deride the Church of Satan and its members in this forum, and I wanted to balance that out for people who are newer to Satanism.

I think you did a great job and I couldn't agree more. Excellent post Agt. Malebranche.

#107681 - 06/22/05 05:47 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: IronCrafter]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Exactly. Talk is cheap.

#107682 - 06/22/05 07:00 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: BlasphemousOne]
man_mind Offline
Banned

I've always loved the association in, "I want truth like I want my martini, dry and straight up."

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#107683 - 06/22/05 07:03 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
man_mind Offline
Banned

I'm sure I agree with you, but wonder how far that conversation went.

Can one live a life with no percieved accomplishments. A sort of backwards introversion. I don't see it as an accomplishment because I am just living minus the need for gold stars and pats on the back, while someone else praises me for my accomplishments.

I have more to say, but prefer you either PM me or give me the link for the post.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#107684 - 06/22/05 07:03 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Svengali]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Excellent and informative addition, Rev. Svengali.

The etymological information really adds depth to this discussion.

#107686 - 06/22/05 08:10 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Well written Warlock Malebranche. Very informative. I deffinetly learned something from you.

#107687 - 06/22/05 11:17 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: tovasshi]
Hydroksyde Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Good for you! why destroy the homes of small, furry animals (and large scaly ones too) just for some place to eat?

#107688 - 06/23/05 04:54 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: VKat]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Quote:

I don't really consider anyone elite.

Really? So we are all equal or what?

Quote:

However I give certain individuals higher priority on subjects of discussion. When they have proved time and time again to have a better idea or knowledge about the subject.

Can't say that I would ever take the title of elite. I have the understanding that there is always something you can learn.

Being elite is not only about knowing more on an intellectual level. Although there are individuals that can be seen as the intellectual elite, these people are usually also elite from an economic or social perspective.

As I see it, being elite is not about "having better ideas or more knowledge", but about being able to rise above others in the real world by doing something, by accomplishing something real.

Talk is cheap. Anyone can claim to be elite or talk about being elite.

#107689 - 06/23/05 07:18 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Prometheus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Thank you for your brilliant post, Agent.

I have often considered it to be a basic characteristic of the true elite to remain entirely independent from external approval.

The only relevant standard consists in the criteria that the elite individual sets up himself. Becoming adept in the particular fields according to this standard constitutes the most important source of gratification.

Having achieved a status of economic & aesthetic independence from the society that surrounds us is another interesting characteristic feature that many elite individuals share.

HAIL SATAN!

Prometheus

#107690 - 06/23/05 12:22 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Deurges Offline

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
To me, being elite means being autonomous. The Satanist is only recognised by the herd, when he or she behaves in a way which is obviously different from the standards of the zeitgeist. But does this heterogeneous aspect contain all facets of the satanic individual?

Being "different" is not enough. I have to cultivate my own personal standards, but this is quite hard work, because I have to manifest my personal will AND to make sure that this will is produced by itself. The enemy is not the herd, it is the blind spot of my own ego.

#107691 - 06/23/05 12:59 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
I'd have to say that my own perspective and goal in being Elite is about self improvement. Then using that to make myself as automonmous as possible,and self-supporting with minimal reliance on the herd.

The less you rely on, or have to put up with these people the happier one is.

And using my inherent creative talents in ways that I find pleasing,and still support my need for pleasurable indulgence. It's never going to be about pretentious upscale living for me. Fuck the Joneses.

Considering stratification for outdoing those sorts is really counterproductive to my way of thinking.

I have no need to feel "superior" to cretins who don't matter anyhow. I simply desire to so outclass them in the quality of life I enjoy, that it transcends anything they can imagine.

That's what being Elite means to me.

Not belonging to a class,or a so called "strata",but being in a class all by oneself.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#107692 - 06/23/05 01:47 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>As mentioned above, among the herd, there are simply “haves”
>>and “have nots.” To Satanists, what others have or want is
>>irrelevant.[...] Some Satanists are successful in conventional
>>terms, because the things they genuinely enjoy doing bring them
>>money and even herd acclaim.

I've also seen some "have nots" who seem just as arrogant as the "haves", in having a need to prove some sort of superiority to others. I'm talking about those in blue-collar jobs or the arts who additionally believe that all white-collar workers are, by some pseudo-xtian definition, unhappy and inferior.

I've run into people who tried to make this point within TEN SECONDS of meeting me -- no exaggeration! It's ridiculous. They still rely on the status of other people to make them feel better. "So Bill, what do you do for a living? Oh, really? Hmm, that sounds really boring. Are you happy? Hmm, you don't really sound it." As if I have to prove my worth to somebody, let alone chose a career that follows their interests instead of mine. Satan forbid that I have a job invovling an office, or that my life isn't based on my occupation.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#107693 - 06/23/05 02:28 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Bill_M]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Quote:

I've also seen some "have nots" who seem just as arrogant as the "haves", in having a need to prove some sort of superiority to others

I can't say I've ever had anyone get snotty with me for having a white collar job, but the "blue collar pride" you speak of is often a class issue. "Money corrupts"...so the thinking goes. All those "haves" are obviously morally bankrupt, decadent, unhappy, snobbish, "elitist," etc., and the workers are proud, simple, right- thinking people with hearts of pure gold. Of course, this is delusional bullshit.

Personally, I feel more "useful" and more "alive" when I'm doing blue collar-type work. It's a joke around the office that if anything needs to be lifted or carried somewhere--ask Jack. But the money ain't in lifting boxes...

#107694 - 06/23/05 08:50 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Torne Offline

Agent Malebranche and others, thank you for the informative post and following discussion. I had often wondered what a good friend of mine had tried explaining to me by being elite many years ago. This does help to understand it a bit better. I had, at the time, thought he meant that for a Satanist you think you're better then everyone else. I see now more how being elite and not worrying about the herd go hand in hand more.

I have my own goals and ambitions, some are like others of the herd, some are not. Neither my fiance or I want children which shocks most people who ask us (we have cats, who the fuck needs kids to deal with?!). Yet there are other goals I want to achieve that are shared with the herd, such as financial success. But that is more of a means to other goals I have.

#107696 - 06/24/05 06:55 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Jack_Bauer]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
Quote:

Really? So we are all equal or what?

We? I am going to take a guess that you mean all people. No we are not all equal, we have never been equal. Not one person is the same as another person.

Do I consider every Satanist equal to another, no. To start calling others elite is to put them in an untouchable category. Even possibly in a personal idol type situation. An individual maybe at the top of their class at the time, but that does not mean that they will continue to be.

Quote:

Being elite is not only about knowing more on an intellectual level. Although there are individuals that can be seen as the intellectual elite, these people are usually also elite from an economic or social perspective.

As I see it, being elite is not about "having better ideas or more knowledge", but about being able to rise above others in the real world by doing something, by accomplishing something real.

Talk is cheap. Anyone can claim to be elite or talk about being elite.

Accomplishing something real, is all a matter of personal perception. One may not be a social butterfly or a economical genius. To take control of your own life, and make into what you want it to be. To make it the most delightfully satisfying experience. This is all individual to that person, how do I judge them when I don't know what their real goals are? They maybe a millionaire, but they can still be failing miserably at living their life. They may have sold millions of copies of a book titled, How to Raise Your Child, but their children are miserable.

Yes talk is cheap. Actions are stronger then words.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405797 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements