Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#107697 - 06/24/05 07:06 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
I've always thought that what makes a Satanist elite is his honesty -- at the very least, with himself.

Claims to superior intelligence, creativity, cunning, or physical strength are of no religious significance at all. Satanism wasn't just for people who are superior in those ways. You could be a blue-collar shmoe and still be "elite" in the sense that it's relevant to Satanism.

Which all, I think, is to say what you've basically said here.

#107698 - 06/25/05 04:24 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: VKat]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
To get things clear, one must understand that in a society there is not only "the elite", but there are many forms of elite, such as the intellectual elite, the economic elite, etc., since the term elite is to be used relative within a certain context. An elite is a certain percentage of people who are de facto superior within their considered context, which means that "elite" is always a relative term. Someone may see himself as elite, but if he is not superior in the real world, this means nothing and is just self-deceit.

The Alien Elite, as accurately described by Magister Paradise in the Satanism FAQ, has different standards, but the Alien Elite is still an elite in the correct meaning of the word, since those who are described by the term are "in many ways, better than most of the human sheep." [...] "and possessing pragmatic and forward-thinking values that are above the interest of the masses, plus adding the intellect and instinct, the creativity and the resourcefulness, and all of those qualities reflected in our books".

#107699 - 06/25/05 12:49 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

This is very well written, and I enjoyed reading it. I certainly agree with you on what it means to be elite.

People who accomplish their own goals for their own gratification are certainly the most elite. I know that when I work on accomplishing my goals, the person I am satisfying is myself. If I impress others, that’s fine; however, it is not my intention.

I don’t care what kinds of things other people have. I have what I need, and when I need something else, I’ll buy it. I get annoyed when people brag about how great they think they are because they have this or that. I certainly agree that those who feel a need to brag about themselves are insecure, because all the braggarts I have ever known were people who were insecure with themselves. Their insecurity is quite obvious.

A while ago, I was in a store looking at magazines. Just for fun, I flipped through a few of those herd mentality magazines for teenage girls, such as “Teen Beat” and “YM”. All those magazines are about is how great all the popular celebrities are and how to be like them, rather than being yourself. They practically give this “You HAVE to be like this or else people won’t like you” kind of message, and that can be very influential to most kids. I find that to be very distracting and degrading. Just a way to suck the individual character out of kids who are at the age when they should be developing their own characters and finding themselves. But, the herd will be the herd.

Anyone who can truly accomplish anything should not need the approval or satisfaction from others. A true accomplishment comes from the power one has within them self. Accomplishments make one elite, and Satan is the power of accomplishment.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#107700 - 06/27/05 05:54 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Jack_Bauer]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
Point taken, thank you.

#107701 - 06/28/05 03:08 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Deimoss Offline

Loc: Central-Europe, Hungary
I agree with this ascpect of being elite, but I have some
notices here.

Some people go too far with this "I am unique so I buy unique stuff". I mention this, because there's a small danger in being "unique", without having enough brain.
Example>

If a popular company starts to sell cheap, good quality cell phones, I'll buy it if I like it and of course if I'm in need of it. But the herd will buy the same one. So what now? I got a herd-phone, great. But I don't care because I like this thingy. Buying another phone (that's 2-3 time more expensive), just because everyone buys this one , is a proof of stupidity.
So if you're unique not because of your unique stuff but because of your unique thinking and willpower, then you're on the right path (which is on the left hand )
So have what you like. (but not definetly what others don't like)

Seeing through people and events around you, is also a part of being elite. You know their motivations, you know their weaknesses, you know what they think and you know what's happening around you. And you're free to do anything with this knowledge (within the boundaries of laws of course). This makes you feel you're "above" them. And so you are...

PS> Great forum, great topics! grats

#107702 - 06/29/05 02:58 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Deimoss]
7_2thegrave Offline

Loc: NH
Elite? To me elite, is a simple existence. We don't pander to the ill planned plots and cries for cash that the so called "house of god" have. We don't follow like sheep nor do we care to. We concern ourselves with the one power that matters, and that is us. We take care of our own and leave it at that.
"Religions are easy to invent. Most traditional religions have little or nothing to do with reality, are dependent on obfuscation, interpretation, guilt, and unreasoning faith - some more than others. Since Satanism is essentially a religion of the self, it holds that the individual and his personal needs comes first. If that means playing with trains or spike-heeled shoes or singing in the bathtub, those are its sacraments and devotions. Taking inventory of old comic books is counting beads on a rosary, each book being a station of the cross." The Most Powerful Religion by Anton LaVey

#107703 - 06/29/05 10:00 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rattlesnake]
Helliott Offline

Loc: VA
Quote:

I was thinking about this issue yesterday actually, and I went to the opposite limits. I mean those people who really want to be "elite" by defining it in their own terms. Those pathetic creatures who strive so much to be different that they reject even things that are aesthetically and emotionally pleasing to them only because the majority adopts them too. It is my opinion that they are slaves of people who have actually achieved something non-mainstream and they do whatever their wallet can to copy their appearance. They talk with quotes said by their "heroes", quotes they do not even understand. Daddy's wallet equips them with every piece of exaggeration they can buy. Weird hairstyles displaying their apparent lack of brain function. They read every piece of junk labeled anti-mainsteam out there and they throw it right back at you because they think it makes them look smart. Their individuality is sunk in this "anti-culture" they chose to become slaves into. Herdlings and those self-defined "anti-herdlings" look to me like two sides of the same coin. They are the same, their only different is that they start from different points to arrive at the same destination. People who own instead of people who are

Perfect example: the "goth kids" or posers, especially those on South Park. "Anti- herdlings" thats a pretty good way to put it. Why do i find that term so amusing?
"I come from hell, presently, to take you there!" -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach "You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!" "What must one do to become blessed? That I do not know, but I say to you: 'Be Blessed, and then do whatever you please." -Friedrich Nietzsche

#107704 - 06/29/05 10:23 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Klogg Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, Ca
Dag-on, I can never keep up with these threads....
My understanding has been that it is the "quality" of life which a Satanist values. Not the "quantity". I find the parallel with what LeVay said about truely loving and respecting those who truely deserve it. I often find my self distracted by the way the people around me think. The things they value. I can't relate with them so I'm always reminded that I'm not like them, rather than they are not like me. So that's where my 'elite' mentality originates, the fact that I'm different, I am better, more advanced more evolved. And clearly without their approval.

#107705 - 07/01/05 10:00 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Maya]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Also, a sad irony is that many herdlings, because they so strongly value society's litmus tests and benchmarks, actually deprive themselves of actual success, as to my mind, authentic success is about accomplishing personal goals, meeting personal needs, and attaining a general sense of *true* joy and competency in life.

A big house and a larger paycheck will not necessarily dissuade you from putting a gun in your mouth at 50, or drinking yourself to death starting at age 32.

For example, Joe Bloggs thinks that real success is to have a house of a certain size, and a car of a certain make. He also thinks it is to have a wife, and a certain number of children. So, at 19, he gets married, and his wife pops out a few crotch maggots. Right away, they start lusting after a big condo in Snootington Heights Gated Community, because that's what it means to be "successful." In the end, Joe gives himself a hernia because he buys a big house, a nice car, and various technological knick-knacks that he has to spend his whole life paying off; because he and his wife don't see eye-to-eye over the course of their lives because they hooked up too young; because he keeps getting promoted at a job that fundamentally bores and angers him; and because each of their little rugrats adds to the cost of living further.

But, Joe could've been truly contented if he had listened to himself and decided that his true calling was to share a little shack on the beach in Oregon with his dog and his girlfriend, and work as a landscape painter on the side. It ain't glamorous or sexy, but for some people, that is where they will be most happy.

Of course, your mileage may differ, but what counts is that YOU decide what your life will look like. My dream house is destined to be quite a project, and it will probably be rather expensive, but it's what *I* want.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#107707 - 07/12/05 09:14 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Your post is fantastic. Kudos.

Quote:

Personally, I feel more "useful" and more "alive" when I'm doing blue collar-type work. It's a joke around the office that if anything needs to be lifted or carried somewhere--ask Jack. But the money ain't in lifting boxes...

This subtle comment really resonates with me. In addition, I think it makes a larger statement about human nature, and how weaker people can be manipulated by these same feelings of "being more useful" or "more alive".

The last line(s) of your comment show your true satanic nature (that which sets you apart from the weaker people),
in that you realize what makes you "feel" more useful doesn't necessarily help you to be more useful, - or help you to achieve your desires/goals.

Words of Wisdom, Agt.
As always!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#107708 - 07/12/05 10:28 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Thank you, sir.

#107709 - 07/13/05 05:29 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
I often hear about people wanting to “get ahead”, but they never seem to be able to say what they are trying to get ahead of! The rat race is for rats, excellent post!

#107710 - 01/07/06 10:31 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I have only read a few of your articles...yet, but I have been impressed with them all. Thank you.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#107711 - 01/07/06 11:23 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

This thread has been most informative. As most points have been covered extensively, I will keep my post short.

Some years ago I came across a quote, which is what I believe makes one elite. Obviously, some could take it out of context...

"To strive for the highest life with all my power"

Highest life? It's not about the most money, or helping the most people... It's about deciding what I and I alone want for my life, and then getting that life for myself. I don't care if some wants match that of the herd's. I care about what I want. I will strive for these things. My interests, I will strive to become better in these. All the aspects of myself that I consider important, I will always work on, till my dying breath.

It matters not what type of work, or interests one has. It's about choosing your OWN life, and living it. Simple.

#107712 - 02/19/06 07:20 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
jedisolo Offline

Loc: Behind My Eyes
A fellow Family memeber I see.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
43879 Topics
404435 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements