Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#107713 - 02/21/06 10:23 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
Trying to "keep up with the Joneses" is exhausting (ask my father. He's done that very thing his whole life. Having a daughter that everyone at his company calls "The Vampire Girl" doesn't help his cause any, but, then, as you've mentioned, the true elite doesn't give a good goddamn what those people think). I'd rather spend my time (or waste it. Can't be productive all the time) on something I enjoy.
A lot of the things the herd wants are things I want too, but I'm not competing with them for it. I already know I'm better than them, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I can spend more money than they can. Truth be told, I can't say I'm better than anyone because of my financial status since all the money I do spend happens to truly belong to my father and my mother. I don't work, never have, and, if I can help it, I won't ever have to (at least until I'm finished with law school). It's really nice to be able to win a competition you didn't even realize you were in. It's nice to gain something when you've not even tried to gain it. There's the main trademark of the elite in this. When everyone else is working their asses off for their basic cable, track phones, and used cars just to impress the neighbors, the rest of us are enjoying working for what we really want, not what we think everyone else wants us to have.
I've heard people tell me before while I was purchasing "the latest thing" that I was buying into the hype. For one thing, it's free. Like I said, I don't work and I hope I'll never have to. For another thing, SOMETIMES I LIKE THE HYPE. SOMETIMES THE SPARKLY GLOW OF THE HOTTEST CRAZE IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH EVERY PENNY!
No one should buy anything just because MTV tells them to. I buy things that I like. Even if it's just because "I think it's pretty." In short, the Joneses are trying to keep up with ME.

#239984 - 05/02/07 05:31 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
M. M. Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: New York City
An excellent sermon, Rev. Malebranche. More than a clarification for newbies, it encapsulates philosophical guidelines worthy of the Church's keenest published insights. Being more fixated upon self-fulfillment than on the question of elitism, I found this to be a sudden infusion of lucidity where I didn't know I needed it.

“When Satan offers the brimming cup of life and happiness, in all this world of fasting mankind, is there one being of sanity strong enough, where sanity is so rare, to receive all this without giddiness, without intoxication, without a risk of losing self control?” -Jules Michelet

#239994 - 05/02/07 06:03 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Loc: CT
Dearest Reverend.

This touches me deeply. (how I always wished a Reverend to touch me.)

All humor aside, I am not kissing up...I am praising this post for three serious reasons.

1) In my life I have had a few Satanist laugh at my goals and desires. They placed my "pleasures" and "goals" as non-Satanic because of the nature of what I seek. I am strange in some Satanic eyes for my lack of hunger for "conventional wealth".

2) I have used this way of thinking in debate with Satanists in the past, and they scoffed. It seems if your true goals are not "money, cars, or big homes" many will not respect your "weirder" desires in treasure... Your post shows me "you understand".

3) The next time I am face-to-face with a Satanic mouth that insists on my "quests" in life to be "too silly", I will have a post to send them to; so they can learn a wise word on "what is Elite"

Thank you for this...really. Even if it means nothing to you, I am so happy to read what you have placed here for all to see.

Your goals do not have to be common or of a social norm to be called "wealth".

I feel cleaner...

Edited by Fagneto (05/02/07 06:05 AM)
Edit Reason: Cus I just did...ok?
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#240050 - 05/02/07 11:37 AM What a beautiful thread! [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Humans naturally tend to lie to themselves to keep "a good balance".
There is a great difficulty in finding one's "True Will" one's "True Self". It's a never-ending battle with both the outside and the inside world, a life-long struggle to get past illusions to a point where you can say "I am that I am" and actually be right.

It's so easy to fall for seeking truth-verification outside one's self (and from time to time I still find myself doing so in minor ways).
Finding the inner-truth requires digging relentlessly into the subconscious and constant rebelling against comfort and certainty. Once you stop searching and learning and renewing, you become "comfortably numb".
It's not only being born an outsider, but being a rebel as well- and to do this, you really have to be autonomies- a thing most humans, indeed, really can't be.

Just like tarot card "The Fool" with his white rose, jumping into the abyss- one must be willing to sacrifice everything for the Self.
The highest priority indeed...

#240067 - 05/02/07 12:55 PM Re: What a beautiful thread! [Re: The_Lightning]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Hmmm...for debates sake, I must say I do not fully agree.

I no longer struggle with my own self, and stopped doing so many years ago. I no longer care or hear about anything or anyone who judges me. I look for no "pat on the head".

When I look up to a man or woman, I accept it. When I look down on a human, I accept it. I can't say I seek some "light" from the eyes I admire just to feel worthy. I mean, truly I love praise from one above me on any given food chain, but surly no man can EVER best me on ALL levels.

Take a look at the brightest minds on these boards...I love what they say, how they think, place words, form tangents, make my mind flip...and I adore them for that. But I also know, that they must be much lower on some scale in other areas.

I think...you must "fully" overcome any and ALL forms of "verification-quests" before you can even "begin" the trek of "becoming" a Satanist...

I may be wrong on that...and when a smarter person slaps me with the proof, i will ponder, blink then accept what I have learned...

But really...fuck the world, and the herd of mindless zealots it has created to serve me. The select few are my brothers and sisters, the Elite are worthy of praise but surly they do not become dust if they do not get praise from me, as I do not burn to ash if they fail to lick my ego...and bet your ass if the mighty and wonderful Dr Anton LaVey himself gave me the middle finger, I would walk away laughing thinking "man he really did miss the point of what I am" (but he wouldn't).

Just food for thought... junk food?

PS: No sleep..three days...no more type type...looking dumb in the lair of the wise.

Edited by Fagneto (05/02/07 01:01 PM)
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#240070 - 05/02/07 01:20 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: TrojZyr]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Interesting you mention painting - in the night classes I've taken at my art school, probably 75% of my classmates are at or approaching retirement and just clueing in that once they stop working they'll need to find something to do. These ones have decided to embark on their long-forgotten artistic dreams, but I'm sure there are many others who never get around to it.

And what do most of my classmates say? "It's so strange - I'm suddenly so much happier than I used to be."

Better late than never, but better early than late. ;\)

#240077 - 05/02/07 01:38 PM The key. [Re: Fagneto]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
As Gods, Satanists have risen above the need for self-evaluation altogether.

We judge our actions as actions have consequences.

We judge others as what others do have consequences for us as well.

However, and this is key, we do not judge ourselves at all.

We indulge in self-acceptance ("I exist!") and drop entirely as we recognize it all forms of self-evaluation (self-esteem, self-worth, etc.).

Gods are elite.

This is why.

#240083 - 05/02/07 02:12 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Fagneto]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
1. Wealth.

Money offers potential freedom. Usually most people have inadequate amounts of money due to poor decisions but given enough time and correct planning this can be overcome.

To prostitute your entire enjoyment of life for the mere acquisition of wealth is as pointless as the complete abandonment of any planning and decisions to "pull ahead" financially.

The Balance Factor applies to all things.

2. Debating your values.

Unless what you wish to accomplish relies upon someone's willing assistance, there is no need to seek their agreement or respect.

This is just another subtle version of the self-esteem trap. As your own God you no longer need to "earn" respect to "measure up" in the eyes of anyone else.

At the same time we always judge what we do to determine if it is effective in the effort to acquire what we want.

That has nothing to do with respect and everything to do with utility.

3. The only face-to-face that counts is the one in the mirror.

If that person is not happy with your choices you need to consider why.

If you pursue self-esteem you are doomed to inevitable failure.

Identity is not utility.

#240085 - 05/02/07 02:41 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Nemo]
Storm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: West Valley, UT, USA
Well said Magister Nemo! I agree that each individual must strive to attain the greatest satisfaction of one's desires in all aspects one's life regardless of the herd's assessment of those desires. Being superior at acheiving gratification of one's desires, whatever they may be, is nothing short of being elite.
Thus, I always say,

"Hail Thyself!"

~Storm

"When Hell is Full of Souls, The Tattooed Will Walk the Earth."
~Bob Tyrrell, The Night Gallery Tattoo

Facebook: facebook.com/artonyoustudios

#240212 - 05/02/07 11:58 PM Re: What a beautiful thread! [Re: Fagneto]
The_Lightning Offline

You totally miss-understood me,
But perhaps I'm to blame for that.

My post was all about rebelling against becoming stagnant and comfortable in a routine, both mentally and practically.
I never stated one should, in any way, seek verification outside himself- on the contrary, the only truth can be found inside- we agree on this completely.
I do not seek to verify my existence to others (but I do seek to change the world around me to suit my desires), nor is my self worth dependent upon them- though sometimes I value a bit too much what my beloved say. But I get over it, when I realize it.
My thesis is that one can never know enough about one's self and about one's life- there is always more knowledge to be achieved and depth to be concurred. I dislike certainty because, many times, it means the lust and passion had faded.
And I also know that I don't know. And I keep that in mind all the time- and it makes life so much more exciting.
I think that if I was of a totally "sound mind", it would probably mean that I'm lying to myself about something.

Are we on the same page again? (It seems to me we are)

#240213 - 05/03/07 12:13 AM Re: What a beautiful thread! [Re: The_Lightning]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Well, honestly, I do not recall ever being on the "same page" with anyone...not fully.

But, I do see we are not at war...and that is fine enough for me. I have enough wars, and welcome a flank less active with conflict or blood.

If you get my twinki.

#240227 - 05/03/07 03:06 AM Re: What a beautiful thread! [Re: Fagneto]
The_Lightning Offline

Originally Posted By: Fagneto
Well, honestly, I do not recall ever being on the "same page" with anyone...not fully.

Well, of course, one can never be.
But I think we got pretty close here. ;\)

#240957 - 05/07/07 04:19 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Rodim Offline

An excellent point Reverand. It reminds me of one of my dearest friend, who is completely possesed by the media. He always has to have the most expensive cloths and cellphones or anything new that comes his way. He spends enormous amounts of cash just to feel that hes the coolest one among the other people. its Sad but true. Im glad and proud knowing that im an elite. An elite who knows whats best for him, and does things that make him truly happy and satisfied.

Ave satanas!

-Friedrich Nietzsche

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

-Horace Walpole

#241001 - 05/07/07 12:58 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rodim]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Rodim
An excellent point Reverand. It reminds me of one of my dearest friend, who is completely possesed by the media. He always has to have the most expensive cloths and cellphones or anything new that comes his way. He spends enormous amounts of cash just to feel that hes the coolest one among the other people. its Sad but true. Im glad and proud knowing that im an elite. An elite who knows whats best for him, and does things that make him truly happy and satisfied.

Ave satanas!

Applause... well said.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406347 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements