Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#107648 - 06/21/05 10:17 PM What is Elite?
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
What is Elite?

To the vast majority of people, considering oneself elite is dependent on the evaluation of others. Those who share the herd’s values, who have attained pre-determined levels of accomplishment, are admired. These accomplished people are often slaves to the very same servile impulses that control the lives of less accomplished people. They work tirelessly to impress one another, and their personal satisfaction relies on group approval. Those considered elite, while often admirably skilled, talented, determined, intelligent—or just plain lucky—are often quite insecure and needy. Those gods of the herd, celebrities, often spend an enormous amount of time self-medicating and seeking out feel-good therapies. Why? Because even the approval of millions is not enough to stave off their internal need for external approval. Accomplished people in many fields compete with each other in a never-ending competition to determine who has the most expensive car, lives in the most exclusive neighborhood, has the smallest phone or the prettiest trophy wife. Those who have achieved less simply yearn for these things. As I see it, what separates society’s elite and not-so-elite is simply the ability and resources to get what everyone else wants.

What of the people who do not want what everyone else wants? What of the people whose most driving desire is not to bask in the admiration of others, but to satisfy their own inner desires? What of people who assign worth to things and ideas and achievements based not on what others want, but on the evaluations of their own internal appraisers?

Are these people not elite? Do these people not stand out from others in that they reject the slavish concerns of the majority and concern themselves instead with personal satisfaction and genuine pleasure? As mentioned above, among the herd, there are simply “haves” and “have nots.” To Satanists, what others have or want is irrelevant. Satanists are outside of the “have/have not” system. Some people have things, others want them, but to Satanists, what others have and want is irrelevant. Some Satanists are successful in conventional terms, because the things they genuinely enjoy doing bring them money and even herd acclaim. Some just enjoy making money! Other Satanists become successful in unconventional terms; but we all share the same integrity of desire. We have visions for our lives that are different. In a world which is becoming increasingly homogenized—where you can fly across the globe, walk into a store and see people wearing the exact same shirt you purchased yesterday, even have the same conversation over a familiar cup of coffee about the same news you both just heard that morning—meaningful difference is truly elite.

The word elite, like the word Satan, is troublesome to many.

Both words have powerful meanings among the herd, and create confusion when one attempts to reconcile them with the core philosophy of Satanism. They are code words that each individual must unlock; both can lead to profound Satanic understanding. Those who are unable to decipher these codes were never meant to be among... the Alien Elite. They should head North with the others.

#107649 - 06/21/05 10:38 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
Magister Nemo made an important observation that I have been turning over in my mind for a few weeks now.

That a Satanist who is evolving should seek to move "beyond validation." I realized that this meant reaching down inside, and accepting one's core. I'ts rather a "zen" thing,but without the self obliterating overtones.

One simply realizes that one CAN be happy in pursuing one's desires. Independent not only of outside approval,but of the constant self-doubt that it creates in seeking internal justification.

I will give an example.

I decide to do five helmets in a day. But the goal was unrealistic, and I only get four done instead. Rather than beating myself up over "failing" I pat myself on the back for my accomplishment-it's still pretty damned good.

Maybe I look down the street at the Jone's fancy house and car. The f**ker is giving himself ulcers and heart attacks to maintain that. I decide I'd be happier OWNING a lot out in the country I have PAID in full,in a little trailer-I'll build up as I can afford it. There's a mansion in my future,I can see it. If I can see it,I can make it happen.

Step by step,I work towards that,creating a total enviornment MY way,from scratch. Unique,made just for ME. Who's going to be happier,me or Mr. Jones?

I may not be driving a beamer today,but it's off in the future some place-if I work smart enough,and hard enough.

Or maybe I'll just decide that's too *pretentious*,and go for something economical-I have better uses for the money.

I've moved beyond validation,to a state of simply BEING.

Happiness reigns.

How better to be Alien,and Elite,than to pursue MY life,MY way? A seperate reality. MY reality-not anyone else's.

Edited by IronCrafter (06/21/05 10:40 PM)
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#107650 - 06/21/05 11:39 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: IronCrafter]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Quote:

How better to be Alien,and Elite,than to pursue MY life,MY way? A seperate reality. MY reality-not anyone else's.

Precisely. Satanism is a Sinatra song.

Quote:

My Way

(P. Anka, J. Revaux, G. Thibault, C. Frankois)

And now, the end is here
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and ev'ry highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing
To think I did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way,
"Oh, no, oh, no, not me, I did it my way"

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows and did it my way!

People who are struggling to be "elite" and who validate themselves solely by achieving what others value are completely missing the point. If the herd heads North, one may be at the lead, but he's still traveling with the herd.

Some people don't understand that, and it doesn't matter how many ways you say it. Some do.

#107651 - 06/22/05 12:11 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
A very well written post, Agent Malebranche.

I've always believed, as most likely all Satanists do, that Satanist should be concerned with the self, first and foremost. Therefore, the only validation that a Satanist should need is self-validation. It's always nice to be given praise by one's friends and loved ones, but no one can ever live a truly balanced life if one does not love oneself.

Many herdlings have trophy families and office jobs, and semi-expensive cars and a good retirement plan, but that does not change the fact that they are still herdlings. Many of them even believe that they are happy, but they will likely never experience true happiness because they are emotionally repressed and bound to the expectations and one-size-fits-all morals of society.

#107652 - 06/22/05 01:11 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

I am completely impressed, my friend. I couldn't agree more with these very powerful words.

Hail the Alien Elite!

#107653 - 06/22/05 01:26 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>>Some Satanists are successful in conventional terms, because the things they genuinely enjoy doing bring them money and even herd acclaim.<<

This is the problem I've always seen with any of the arts. For it to be successful it requires a wide audience, so to a large extent it is reliant on herd acclaim.

If I didn't rely on herd acclaim and simply wrote for myself then I wouldn't bother submitting work to literature magazines or putting a book out.

However, if I had never had a thing published, I would, of course, still be writing it!

But imposing one's will or essence upon an audience through an artistic medium is something quite different to seeking their approval.

Good post, Warlock Malebranche.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#107654 - 06/22/05 01:36 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Hydroksyde Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Very good! My thoughts exactly, If you need to be told you're elite, you probably aren't. I have to wonder if this would fit better in the essays and writings section, but no matter.

#107655 - 06/22/05 01:57 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
What is truly sad is when one's friends get stuck on this "Keepin Up With The Joneses" mentality. My best friend has been stressing out because he feels he has not acheived all he "should have" achieved by this time in his life.

I say, Fuck the Joneses!

#107656 - 06/22/05 02:36 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Confucius Offline

Loc: United States Of America
I am impressed as well. I have always felt exactly that way about myself, although it wasn't until I was in my middle teens that I actually realized it. But the goals, worths, values etc, that I place upon myself and the things around me are there entirely for my own reasons. I do not need the approval of others to live the way I do, or to seek the goals that I seek. You have stratified the way I and many others feel about themselves. Thank you.
"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." - George Orwell, "1984" "No doubt alcohol, tobacco, and so forth, are things that a saint must avoid, but sainthood is also a thing that human beings must avoid... Many people genuinely do not wish to be saints, and it is probable that some who achieve or aspire to sainthood have never felt much temptation to be human beings." - George Orwell c. 1950

#107657 - 06/22/05 02:59 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Citizen_HHG Offline
CoS Member

Loc: the Netherlands
Dear Warlock Malebranche,

Yes the Sinatra song says it all, and furthermore I found it a very good piece you have been writing on "what is Elite?"

I must say I also can relate to what the others have been writing, so I think it would be very obsolete to add something to this. But I can't help it but I'll give a little addition to this: I think the so-called elite are ugly in their every day life expressions, they in a way only have care for themselves (wich is in a way Satanic) but the more ugly side is that they only think about how they must present themselves to their surroundings. They can be quite obnoxious in their things, for example (from a personal experience) Is that they always want to have a discount on everything the want. Or else the would call the "friends" who are in a higher postion to get me sacked or something. As an optician I always encounter this very irritating behaviour. And the only thing that will come to my mind is "Ok' I'll rather be your enemy then"

Who are the true elite then? We are! The Alien elite!! Hail to the Alien Elite!!!

Citizen_HHG

www.churchofsatan.com
www.vampiretemple.com

#107658 - 06/22/05 07:24 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Very well written post! It completely describes how I act, I always look at myself first and foremost; do I like/need this?
If I happen to have something that is 'fashionable' I have it because I like it and not because everybody else wants it. People who want to be my friends because I suddenly happen to be fashionable are most likely leeches best to be avoided.

#107659 - 06/22/05 08:58 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Raf_G Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Central America
I have to say I am impressed also at this post from Agent Malebranche. When I read posts like this, I feel even more proud of being a Satanist, Thank you very much Agent!!

Hail Satan!!!

#107660 - 06/22/05 09:11 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Rattlesnake Offline

Loc: Yurop
I was thinking about this issue yesterday actually, and I went to the opposite limits. I mean those people who really want to be "elite" by defining it in their own terms. Those pathetic creatures who strive so much to be different that they reject even things that are aesthetically and emotionally pleasing to them only because the majority adopts them too. It is my opinion that they are slaves of people who have actually achieved something non-mainstream and they do whatever their wallet can to copy their appearance. They talk with quotes said by their "heroes", quotes they do not even understand. Daddy's wallet equips them with every piece of exaggeration they can buy. Weird hairstyles displaying their apparent lack of brain function. They read every piece of junk labeled anti-mainsteam out there and they throw it right back at you because they think it makes them look smart. Their individuality is sunk in this "anti-culture" they chose to become slaves into. Herdlings and those self-defined "anti-herdlings" look to me like two sides of the same coin. They are the same, their only different is that they start from different points to arrive at the same destination. People who own instead of people who are

#107661 - 06/22/05 09:18 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rattlesnake]
IronCrafter Offline

Conforming to a "norm" of non-conformity is the most ridiculous of conformances.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#107662 - 06/22/05 10:06 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Hydroksyde]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

I would normally not bother writing a post like this at all. The Satanists I normally converse with here already know this.

However, recently someone with a very poor understanding of Satanic elitism attempted to deride the Church of Satan and its members in this forum, and I wanted to balance that out for people who are newer to Satanism.

#107664 - 06/22/05 10:20 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Quote:

This is the problem I've always seen with any of the arts. For it to be successful it requires a wide audience, so to a large extent it is reliant on herd acclaim.

Of course, I know exactly what you mean. The best way to be successful in the arts is to either flatter the masses by giving them more of what they already have, or flatter the art world by creating something specifically for them--that the public will never understand. The best way to be happy as an artist is to be an inane person, and express yourself in a manner that will appeal to other inane people.

I could make a killing painting fake Mark Rothkos to go over people's couches. Or oil paintings of flowers and landscapes. And some people actually enjoy making that crap.

I think the challenge for the artist is to find something that you genuinely enjoy creating, that other people just happen to enjoy enough to pay you for it.

Quote:

However, if I had never had a thing published, I would, of course, still be writing it!

Precisely.

#107665 - 06/22/05 11:08 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

While I agree with the general sentiment of this, I hasten to add that this should never be construed as a justification for true mediocrity, via claiming that one's perceived mediocrity is in fact one's personal "elite" goals.

Satanism requires a dose of self honesty. Are you truly doing what you believe is superior, or are you only claiming superior status for less than stellar accomplishments?

I only bring this up because I have seen instances where it was argued that very poor standards indeed could be held as Satanic, if a person was only satisfied with them. I do not accept shoddy "accomplishments" as proof of superiority, most especially when the goal was made to fit the results, rather than the other way around as it should be.

#107666 - 06/22/05 11:14 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada

Everyone I know has all these goals in life as such:
Finish College, get a high paying job, get married, live in a big house with a few children.
The people I know who have that has the following goals:
Pay off the mortgage, pay off VISA, finish the car Payments. Put your lovely kids through school because they were denied OSAP due to your high income. And get that nice new top of the line entertainment center.

How elite is that?

My goal in life:
Get my PhD, keep going to college because I like learning, and live in a small apartment decorated with inexpensive IKEA furniture.
When I tell my goal to people, they always ask me if I plan on getting married, or having children. Any pets?
Some people I know have their future planned out to the last detail. They say they are going to marry a certain guy, they are going to have this many girls and this many boys. And the things they want just happens to be what society wants them to have.
They are always shocked when I tell them that I don't know if I want kids or not, Get married or not. If it happens it happens.

#107667 - 06/22/05 11:27 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Quote:

I think the challenge for the artist is to find something that you genuinely enjoy creating, that other people just happen to enjoy enough to pay you for it.

I, first and foremost, paint to satisfy my own eye. When that goal is being met, I've discovered that my work is ,more often than not, also enjoyed by others.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your own work. I recall a piece titled "Youth with a bloody nose", I believe was it, that I really enjoyed. Your use of light as well as your brushwork were very good.

#107668 - 06/22/05 11:35 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Quote:

Are you truly doing what you believe is superior, or are you only claiming superior status for less than stellar accomplishments?

I would say that claiming superior status is, in itself, pointless and self-congratulatory. If it is ever determined that my sense of personal pride stems from the idea that I am "superior to the herd" please slap me. And then do it again. That is how a lot of people perceive us, and if I thought for a moment that this was actually the case, I'd laugh at us too. There's nothing more comical than a bunch of people who think they are the new messiahs. It does beg the question "who the fuck are you again?"

#107669 - 06/22/05 12:00 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: tovasshi]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Quote:

... and live in a small apartment decorated with inexpensive IKEA furniture.

You are joking here, aren't you?

#107670 - 06/22/05 12:19 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
BlasphemousOne Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut, USA
An excellent read, Agent.

Another reason we can claim to be the Elite is our quest for knowledge and the truth. To know that things are not always black and white, that there is the third side, or "grey" area.

Having this helps in our pursuit of and attaining of what we want for ourselves.

#107671 - 06/22/05 12:25 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
RustySpring Offline
CoS Warlock

Beautiful!

Agent, I must say that without wishing to detract from your words, or 'one-up' myself, I have thought the exact same thing on many occasions.

I am quite aware - as are others, I'm sure - of what sparked this highly necessary post.

In my opinion, it really needed to be said. I probably would have given it a stab myself if it were not for the fact that you were so quick in posting it, and I’m glad you did.

Too many people still miss the point completely, whenever one speaks of the (alien) elite. A shame, indeed, but your words will hopefully help to clear up the misconceptions that pollute LttD at times.

I am a huge supporter of the idea that the Satanist should place himself above all and any form of self-evaluation, but rather should concentrate on evaluating his experiences, as well as the world around him...

[i

#107672 - 06/22/05 12:31 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I would say that claiming superior status is, in itself, pointless and self-congratulatory. If it is ever determined that my sense of personal pride stems from the idea that I am "superior to the herd" please slap me.

Do you mean this differently than to say "We are elite?" Superior and elite are typically used as synonyms.

But I am afraid I may have been unclear as to my meaning. Goals are set as a value, which the person seeks to achieve. Goals cannot, I think, simply be made to fit whatever that person achieves after the fact as a justification for being "elite." Perhaps an example will illustrate better:

If a particular person had as his most important goal, the highest degree of independence from others he could obtain, he may seek this in unorthodox ways. He may even find that he is quite comfortable living in an isolated house without air conditioning or electricity, living in a manner that "normal" people would find either unbearable or even demeaning. However, he may be content in this fashion, and may be quite productive after his own way. He has here achieved his goal admirably.

On the other hand, a person whose goal was a degree of economic success, and modern comforts, who finds himself a total failure and consequently a squatter living in a derelict shack without air conditioning or electricity, is quite the opposite of the fellow described above. While superficially they are living under similar conditions, the one above has done what he chose to do, the one here has failed miserably. I contend that this person, the squatter by failure, cannot justify his failure by altering his "goal" ex post facto, and thereby claim similar status to the self realized separatist I describe above.

Of course, goals may be honestly changed. Desires change, and sometimes the wish for something exceeds its actuality. But all other things being equal, my example stands to illustrate what I mean. To be elite or superior is to choose. To be mediocre, a failure, is to lose. Choosing to lose, once already lost, does not a Satanist make.

#107674 - 06/22/05 12:40 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Quote:

But I am afraid I may have been unclear as to my meaning. Goals are set as a value, which the person seeks to achieve. Goals cannot, I think, simply be made to fit whatever that person achieves after the fact as a justification for being "elite."

This is where we are in agreement. I think this is the caveat you were trying to make.

Quote:

Do you mean this differently than to say "We are elite?" Superior and elite are typically used as synonyms.

I knew that was coming.

That discussion could quickly become too confusing for the public forums. I think we're probably close to the same page on this.

#107675 - 06/22/05 12:56 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Excellent post Jack.

We live in a consumer culture that evaluates most things according to “market value” – how many toys you own, etc. so our contemporaries naturally equate “elite” to financial potency or fame.

“Elite” is etymologically linked to “elect” – both meaning “chosen,” according to the OED, derived from Old French referring to persons appointed to clerical authority by Papal See.

We can invert that orientation and consider what the CoS looks for from its affiliates – that they excel in their chosen area of interest, whether it be a field of study, a branch of science or technology, business, the arts, writing, making music, collecting, or just decisively living the life they choose for themselves to live.

Most Satanists I’ve observed are “go to” guys (and gals) for one thing or another.

The “Alien Elite” are people who have, through their own abilities, achieved their personal goals outside the mainstream as much as possible.

It is too easy for the lame and halt to claim they are outside because they allegedly “chose” to take a certain path, whereas they are actually outside by default, because they were too weak or incompetent to do much of anything aside from blend into the woodwork. These are akin to those “spiritual” types who get their electric and phone cut off because they aren’t “materialistic” enough to pay their bills. They are what they are, but people claiming to be “above” the rat race, because in reality they were miles behind the lamest rats, deserve no quarter. How many of these parasitic types do we see drifting on this forum attempting to claim the outsider label of “Satanist” for themselves, only to wash out when they realize even MORE is expected from them by us than by the herd.

That is the difference between BENEATH and BEYOND the median.

As I recently said to one particularly lame specimen who crossed my path, “Just because you’ve READ The Prince doesn’t mean you ARE The Prince.”
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#107676 - 06/22/05 03:24 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Jack_Bauer]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
Mass produced pressboard furniture, how can you go wrong?

#107677 - 06/22/05 04:32 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
Thank you, I really enjoyed this post.

I don't really consider anyone elite. However I give certain individuals higher priority on subjects of discussion. When they have proved time and time again to have a better idea or knowledge about the subject.

Can't say that I would ever take the title of elite. I have the understanding that there is always something you can learn.

A lot of people have the opinion that taking the easy route is the route to a happy life. I tend to do things backwards, like the challenge. After all, could find myself a sugar daddy if I really wanted too.

Always being asked why I have no real ambition to travel over seas. Why I have no plans to get married or why I don't have a boyfriend. Why I haven't gone after my kids dad for child support.

#107678 - 06/22/05 05:35 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
IronCrafter Offline

You know,Agt_Malebranche.....

When I see people talking about thier accomplishments etc.....I sort of just revert to a really simple saying people from the state of Missouri have.

Which is incredibly Satanic for such a redneck religious group, overall.

"SHOW ME"

#107679 - 06/22/05 05:40 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: IronCrafter]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

Conforming to a "norm" of non-conformity is the most ridiculous of conformances.

Exactly. If you are trying to be different than everybody else, then you most likely are like everybody else. Everybody wants to think that they stand out from the rest.

If being elite is your goal, then you're not. That's my opinion.

#107680 - 06/22/05 05:45 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
I would normally not bother writing a post like this at all. The Satanists I normally converse with here already know this. However, recently someone with a very poor understanding of Satanic elitism attempted to deride the Church of Satan and its members in this forum, and I wanted to balance that out for people who are newer to Satanism.

I think you did a great job and I couldn't agree more. Excellent post Agt. Malebranche.

#107681 - 06/22/05 05:47 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: IronCrafter]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Exactly. Talk is cheap.

#107682 - 06/22/05 07:00 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: BlasphemousOne]
man_mind Offline
Banned

I've always loved the association in, "I want truth like I want my martini, dry and straight up."

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#107683 - 06/22/05 07:03 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
man_mind Offline
Banned

I'm sure I agree with you, but wonder how far that conversation went.

Can one live a life with no percieved accomplishments. A sort of backwards introversion. I don't see it as an accomplishment because I am just living minus the need for gold stars and pats on the back, while someone else praises me for my accomplishments.

I have more to say, but prefer you either PM me or give me the link for the post.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#107684 - 06/22/05 07:03 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Svengali]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Excellent and informative addition, Rev. Svengali.

The etymological information really adds depth to this discussion.

#107686 - 06/22/05 08:10 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Well written Warlock Malebranche. Very informative. I deffinetly learned something from you.

#107687 - 06/22/05 11:17 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: tovasshi]
Hydroksyde Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Good for you! why destroy the homes of small, furry animals (and large scaly ones too) just for some place to eat?

#107688 - 06/23/05 04:54 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: VKat]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

I don't really consider anyone elite.

Really? So we are all equal or what?

Quote:

However I give certain individuals higher priority on subjects of discussion. When they have proved time and time again to have a better idea or knowledge about the subject.

Can't say that I would ever take the title of elite. I have the understanding that there is always something you can learn.

Being elite is not only about knowing more on an intellectual level. Although there are individuals that can be seen as the intellectual elite, these people are usually also elite from an economic or social perspective.

As I see it, being elite is not about "having better ideas or more knowledge", but about being able to rise above others in the real world by doing something, by accomplishing something real.

Talk is cheap. Anyone can claim to be elite or talk about being elite.

#107689 - 06/23/05 07:18 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Prometheus Offline
CoS Member

Thank you for your brilliant post, Agent.

I have often considered it to be a basic characteristic of the true elite to remain entirely independent from external approval.

The only relevant standard consists in the criteria that the elite individual sets up himself. Becoming adept in the particular fields according to this standard constitutes the most important source of gratification.

Having achieved a status of economic & aesthetic independence from the society that surrounds us is another interesting characteristic feature that many elite individuals share.

HAIL SATAN!

Prometheus

#107690 - 06/23/05 12:22 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Deurges Offline

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
To me, being elite means being autonomous. The Satanist is only recognised by the herd, when he or she behaves in a way which is obviously different from the standards of the zeitgeist. But does this heterogeneous aspect contain all facets of the satanic individual?

Being "different" is not enough. I have to cultivate my own personal standards, but this is quite hard work, because I have to manifest my personal will AND to make sure that this will is produced by itself. The enemy is not the herd, it is the blind spot of my own ego.

#107691 - 06/23/05 12:59 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
IronCrafter Offline

I'd have to say that my own perspective and goal in being Elite is about self improvement. Then using that to make myself as automonmous as possible,and self-supporting with minimal reliance on the herd.

The less you rely on, or have to put up with these people the happier one is.

And using my inherent creative talents in ways that I find pleasing,and still support my need for pleasurable indulgence. It's never going to be about pretentious upscale living for me. Fuck the Joneses.

Considering stratification for outdoing those sorts is really counterproductive to my way of thinking.

I have no need to feel "superior" to cretins who don't matter anyhow. I simply desire to so outclass them in the quality of life I enjoy, that it transcends anything they can imagine.

That's what being Elite means to me.

Not belonging to a class,or a so called "strata",but being in a class all by oneself.

#107692 - 06/23/05 01:47 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>As mentioned above, among the herd, there are simply “haves”
>>and “have nots.” To Satanists, what others have or want is
>>irrelevant.[...] Some Satanists are successful in conventional
>>terms, because the things they genuinely enjoy doing bring them
>>money and even herd acclaim.

I've also seen some "have nots" who seem just as arrogant as the "haves", in having a need to prove some sort of superiority to others. I'm talking about those in blue-collar jobs or the arts who additionally believe that all white-collar workers are, by some pseudo-xtian definition, unhappy and inferior.

I've run into people who tried to make this point within TEN SECONDS of meeting me -- no exaggeration! It's ridiculous. They still rely on the status of other people to make them feel better. "So Bill, what do you do for a living? Oh, really? Hmm, that sounds really boring. Are you happy? Hmm, you don't really sound it." As if I have to prove my worth to somebody, let alone chose a career that follows their interests instead of mine. Satan forbid that I have a job invovling an office, or that my life isn't based on my occupation.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#107693 - 06/23/05 02:28 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Bill_M]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Quote:

I've also seen some "have nots" who seem just as arrogant as the "haves", in having a need to prove some sort of superiority to others

I can't say I've ever had anyone get snotty with me for having a white collar job, but the "blue collar pride" you speak of is often a class issue. "Money corrupts"...so the thinking goes. All those "haves" are obviously morally bankrupt, decadent, unhappy, snobbish, "elitist," etc., and the workers are proud, simple, right- thinking people with hearts of pure gold. Of course, this is delusional bullshit.

Personally, I feel more "useful" and more "alive" when I'm doing blue collar-type work. It's a joke around the office that if anything needs to be lifted or carried somewhere--ask Jack. But the money ain't in lifting boxes...

#107694 - 06/23/05 08:50 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Torne Offline

Agent Malebranche and others, thank you for the informative post and following discussion. I had often wondered what a good friend of mine had tried explaining to me by being elite many years ago. This does help to understand it a bit better. I had, at the time, thought he meant that for a Satanist you think you're better then everyone else. I see now more how being elite and not worrying about the herd go hand in hand more.

I have my own goals and ambitions, some are like others of the herd, some are not. Neither my fiance or I want children which shocks most people who ask us (we have cats, who the fuck needs kids to deal with?!). Yet there are other goals I want to achieve that are shared with the herd, such as financial success. But that is more of a means to other goals I have.

#107696 - 06/24/05 06:55 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Jack_Bauer]
VKat Offline

Quote:

Really? So we are all equal or what?

We? I am going to take a guess that you mean all people. No we are not all equal, we have never been equal. Not one person is the same as another person.

Do I consider every Satanist equal to another, no. To start calling others elite is to put them in an untouchable category. Even possibly in a personal idol type situation. An individual maybe at the top of their class at the time, but that does not mean that they will continue to be.

Quote:

Being elite is not only about knowing more on an intellectual level. Although there are individuals that can be seen as the intellectual elite, these people are usually also elite from an economic or social perspective.

As I see it, being elite is not about "having better ideas or more knowledge", but about being able to rise above others in the real world by doing something, by accomplishing something real.

Talk is cheap. Anyone can claim to be elite or talk about being elite.

Accomplishing something real, is all a matter of personal perception. One may not be a social butterfly or a economical genius. To take control of your own life, and make into what you want it to be. To make it the most delightfully satisfying experience. This is all individual to that person, how do I judge them when I don't know what their real goals are? They maybe a millionaire, but they can still be failing miserably at living their life. They may have sold millions of copies of a book titled, How to Raise Your Child, but their children are miserable.

Yes talk is cheap. Actions are stronger then words.

#107697 - 06/24/05 07:06 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
I've always thought that what makes a Satanist elite is his honesty -- at the very least, with himself.

Claims to superior intelligence, creativity, cunning, or physical strength are of no religious significance at all. Satanism wasn't just for people who are superior in those ways. You could be a blue-collar shmoe and still be "elite" in the sense that it's relevant to Satanism.

Which all, I think, is to say what you've basically said here.

#107698 - 06/25/05 04:24 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: VKat]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

To get things clear, one must understand that in a society there is not only "the elite", but there are many forms of elite, such as the intellectual elite, the economic elite, etc., since the term elite is to be used relative within a certain context. An elite is a certain percentage of people who are de facto superior within their considered context, which means that "elite" is always a relative term. Someone may see himself as elite, but if he is not superior in the real world, this means nothing and is just self-deceit.

The Alien Elite, as accurately described by Magister Paradise in the Satanism FAQ, has different standards, but the Alien Elite is still an elite in the correct meaning of the word, since those who are described by the term are "in many ways, better than most of the human sheep." [...] "and possessing pragmatic and forward-thinking values that are above the interest of the masses, plus adding the intellect and instinct, the creativity and the resourcefulness, and all of those qualities reflected in our books".

#107699 - 06/25/05 12:49 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

This is very well written, and I enjoyed reading it. I certainly agree with you on what it means to be elite.

People who accomplish their own goals for their own gratification are certainly the most elite. I know that when I work on accomplishing my goals, the person I am satisfying is myself. If I impress others, that’s fine; however, it is not my intention.

I don’t care what kinds of things other people have. I have what I need, and when I need something else, I’ll buy it. I get annoyed when people brag about how great they think they are because they have this or that. I certainly agree that those who feel a need to brag about themselves are insecure, because all the braggarts I have ever known were people who were insecure with themselves. Their insecurity is quite obvious.

A while ago, I was in a store looking at magazines. Just for fun, I flipped through a few of those herd mentality magazines for teenage girls, such as “Teen Beat” and “YM”. All those magazines are about is how great all the popular celebrities are and how to be like them, rather than being yourself. They practically give this “You HAVE to be like this or else people won’t like you” kind of message, and that can be very influential to most kids. I find that to be very distracting and degrading. Just a way to suck the individual character out of kids who are at the age when they should be developing their own characters and finding themselves. But, the herd will be the herd.

Anyone who can truly accomplish anything should not need the approval or satisfaction from others. A true accomplishment comes from the power one has within them self. Accomplishments make one elite, and Satan is the power of accomplishment.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#107700 - 06/27/05 05:54 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Jack_Bauer]
VKat Offline

Point taken, thank you.

#107701 - 06/28/05 03:08 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Deimoss Offline

Loc: Central-Europe, Hungary
I agree with this ascpect of being elite, but I have some
notices here.

Some people go too far with this "I am unique so I buy unique stuff". I mention this, because there's a small danger in being "unique", without having enough brain.
Example>

If a popular company starts to sell cheap, good quality cell phones, I'll buy it if I like it and of course if I'm in need of it. But the herd will buy the same one. So what now? I got a herd-phone, great. But I don't care because I like this thingy. Buying another phone (that's 2-3 time more expensive), just because everyone buys this one , is a proof of stupidity.
So if you're unique not because of your unique stuff but because of your unique thinking and willpower, then you're on the right path (which is on the left hand )
So have what you like. (but not definetly what others don't like)

Seeing through people and events around you, is also a part of being elite. You know their motivations, you know their weaknesses, you know what they think and you know what's happening around you. And you're free to do anything with this knowledge (within the boundaries of laws of course). This makes you feel you're "above" them. And so you are...

PS> Great forum, great topics! grats

#107702 - 06/29/05 02:58 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Deimoss]
7_2thegrave Offline

Loc: NH
Elite? To me elite, is a simple existence. We don't pander to the ill planned plots and cries for cash that the so called "house of god" have. We don't follow like sheep nor do we care to. We concern ourselves with the one power that matters, and that is us. We take care of our own and leave it at that.
"Religions are easy to invent. Most traditional religions have little or nothing to do with reality, are dependent on obfuscation, interpretation, guilt, and unreasoning faith - some more than others. Since Satanism is essentially a religion of the self, it holds that the individual and his personal needs comes first. If that means playing with trains or spike-heeled shoes or singing in the bathtub, those are its sacraments and devotions. Taking inventory of old comic books is counting beads on a rosary, each book being a station of the cross." The Most Powerful Religion by Anton LaVey

#107703 - 06/29/05 10:00 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rattlesnake]
Helliott Offline

Loc: VA
Quote:

I was thinking about this issue yesterday actually, and I went to the opposite limits. I mean those people who really want to be "elite" by defining it in their own terms. Those pathetic creatures who strive so much to be different that they reject even things that are aesthetically and emotionally pleasing to them only because the majority adopts them too. It is my opinion that they are slaves of people who have actually achieved something non-mainstream and they do whatever their wallet can to copy their appearance. They talk with quotes said by their "heroes", quotes they do not even understand. Daddy's wallet equips them with every piece of exaggeration they can buy. Weird hairstyles displaying their apparent lack of brain function. They read every piece of junk labeled anti-mainsteam out there and they throw it right back at you because they think it makes them look smart. Their individuality is sunk in this "anti-culture" they chose to become slaves into. Herdlings and those self-defined "anti-herdlings" look to me like two sides of the same coin. They are the same, their only different is that they start from different points to arrive at the same destination. People who own instead of people who are

Perfect example: the "goth kids" or posers, especially those on South Park. "Anti- herdlings" thats a pretty good way to put it. Why do i find that term so amusing?
"I come from hell, presently, to take you there!" -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach "You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!" "What must one do to become blessed? That I do not know, but I say to you: 'Be Blessed, and then do whatever you please." -Friedrich Nietzsche

#107704 - 06/29/05 10:23 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Klogg Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, Ca
Dag-on, I can never keep up with these threads....
My understanding has been that it is the "quality" of life which a Satanist values. Not the "quantity". I find the parallel with what LeVay said about truely loving and respecting those who truely deserve it. I often find my self distracted by the way the people around me think. The things they value. I can't relate with them so I'm always reminded that I'm not like them, rather than they are not like me. So that's where my 'elite' mentality originates, the fact that I'm different, I am better, more advanced more evolved. And clearly without their approval.

#107705 - 07/01/05 10:00 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Maya]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Also, a sad irony is that many herdlings, because they so strongly value society's litmus tests and benchmarks, actually deprive themselves of actual success, as to my mind, authentic success is about accomplishing personal goals, meeting personal needs, and attaining a general sense of *true* joy and competency in life.

A big house and a larger paycheck will not necessarily dissuade you from putting a gun in your mouth at 50, or drinking yourself to death starting at age 32.

For example, Joe Bloggs thinks that real success is to have a house of a certain size, and a car of a certain make. He also thinks it is to have a wife, and a certain number of children. So, at 19, he gets married, and his wife pops out a few crotch maggots. Right away, they start lusting after a big condo in Snootington Heights Gated Community, because that's what it means to be "successful." In the end, Joe gives himself a hernia because he buys a big house, a nice car, and various technological knick-knacks that he has to spend his whole life paying off; because he and his wife don't see eye-to-eye over the course of their lives because they hooked up too young; because he keeps getting promoted at a job that fundamentally bores and angers him; and because each of their little rugrats adds to the cost of living further.

But, Joe could've been truly contented if he had listened to himself and decided that his true calling was to share a little shack on the beach in Oregon with his dog and his girlfriend, and work as a landscape painter on the side. It ain't glamorous or sexy, but for some people, that is where they will be most happy.

Of course, your mileage may differ, but what counts is that YOU decide what your life will look like. My dream house is destined to be quite a project, and it will probably be rather expensive, but it's what *I* want.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#107707 - 07/12/05 09:14 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Your post is fantastic. Kudos.

Quote:

Personally, I feel more "useful" and more "alive" when I'm doing blue collar-type work. It's a joke around the office that if anything needs to be lifted or carried somewhere--ask Jack. But the money ain't in lifting boxes...

This subtle comment really resonates with me. In addition, I think it makes a larger statement about human nature, and how weaker people can be manipulated by these same feelings of "being more useful" or "more alive".

The last line(s) of your comment show your true satanic nature (that which sets you apart from the weaker people),
in that you realize what makes you "feel" more useful doesn't necessarily help you to be more useful, - or help you to achieve your desires/goals.

Words of Wisdom, Agt.
As always!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#107708 - 07/12/05 10:28 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Thank you, sir.

#107709 - 07/13/05 05:29 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
I often hear about people wanting to “get ahead”, but they never seem to be able to say what they are trying to get ahead of! The rat race is for rats, excellent post!

#107710 - 01/07/06 10:31 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I have only read a few of your articles...yet, but I have been impressed with them all. Thank you.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#107711 - 01/07/06 11:23 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

This thread has been most informative. As most points have been covered extensively, I will keep my post short.

Some years ago I came across a quote, which is what I believe makes one elite. Obviously, some could take it out of context...

"To strive for the highest life with all my power"

Highest life? It's not about the most money, or helping the most people... It's about deciding what I and I alone want for my life, and then getting that life for myself. I don't care if some wants match that of the herd's. I care about what I want. I will strive for these things. My interests, I will strive to become better in these. All the aspects of myself that I consider important, I will always work on, till my dying breath.

It matters not what type of work, or interests one has. It's about choosing your OWN life, and living it. Simple.

#107712 - 02/19/06 07:20 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
jedisolo Offline

Loc: Behind My Eyes
A fellow Family memeber I see.

#107713 - 02/21/06 10:23 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
Trying to "keep up with the Joneses" is exhausting (ask my father. He's done that very thing his whole life. Having a daughter that everyone at his company calls "The Vampire Girl" doesn't help his cause any, but, then, as you've mentioned, the true elite doesn't give a good goddamn what those people think). I'd rather spend my time (or waste it. Can't be productive all the time) on something I enjoy.
A lot of the things the herd wants are things I want too, but I'm not competing with them for it. I already know I'm better than them, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I can spend more money than they can. Truth be told, I can't say I'm better than anyone because of my financial status since all the money I do spend happens to truly belong to my father and my mother. I don't work, never have, and, if I can help it, I won't ever have to (at least until I'm finished with law school). It's really nice to be able to win a competition you didn't even realize you were in. It's nice to gain something when you've not even tried to gain it. There's the main trademark of the elite in this. When everyone else is working their asses off for their basic cable, track phones, and used cars just to impress the neighbors, the rest of us are enjoying working for what we really want, not what we think everyone else wants us to have.
I've heard people tell me before while I was purchasing "the latest thing" that I was buying into the hype. For one thing, it's free. Like I said, I don't work and I hope I'll never have to. For another thing, SOMETIMES I LIKE THE HYPE. SOMETIMES THE SPARKLY GLOW OF THE HOTTEST CRAZE IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH EVERY PENNY!
No one should buy anything just because MTV tells them to. I buy things that I like. Even if it's just because "I think it's pretty." In short, the Joneses are trying to keep up with ME.

#239984 - 05/02/07 05:31 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
M. M. Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: New York City
An excellent sermon, Rev. Malebranche. More than a clarification for newbies, it encapsulates philosophical guidelines worthy of the Church's keenest published insights. Being more fixated upon self-fulfillment than on the question of elitism, I found this to be a sudden infusion of lucidity where I didn't know I needed it.

“When Satan offers the brimming cup of life and happiness, in all this world of fasting mankind, is there one being of sanity strong enough, where sanity is so rare, to receive all this without giddiness, without intoxication, without a risk of losing self control?” -Jules Michelet

#239994 - 05/02/07 06:03 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Loc: CT
Dearest Reverend.

This touches me deeply. (how I always wished a Reverend to touch me.)

All humor aside, I am not kissing up...I am praising this post for three serious reasons.

1) In my life I have had a few Satanist laugh at my goals and desires. They placed my "pleasures" and "goals" as non-Satanic because of the nature of what I seek. I am strange in some Satanic eyes for my lack of hunger for "conventional wealth".

2) I have used this way of thinking in debate with Satanists in the past, and they scoffed. It seems if your true goals are not "money, cars, or big homes" many will not respect your "weirder" desires in treasure... Your post shows me "you understand".

3) The next time I am face-to-face with a Satanic mouth that insists on my "quests" in life to be "too silly", I will have a post to send them to; so they can learn a wise word on "what is Elite"

Thank you for this...really. Even if it means nothing to you, I am so happy to read what you have placed here for all to see.

Your goals do not have to be common or of a social norm to be called "wealth".

I feel cleaner...

Edited by Fagneto (05/02/07 06:05 AM)
Edit Reason: Cus I just did...ok?
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#240050 - 05/02/07 11:37 AM What a beautiful thread! [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Humans naturally tend to lie to themselves to keep "a good balance".
There is a great difficulty in finding one's "True Will" one's "True Self". It's a never-ending battle with both the outside and the inside world, a life-long struggle to get past illusions to a point where you can say "I am that I am" and actually be right.

It's so easy to fall for seeking truth-verification outside one's self (and from time to time I still find myself doing so in minor ways).
Finding the inner-truth requires digging relentlessly into the subconscious and constant rebelling against comfort and certainty. Once you stop searching and learning and renewing, you become "comfortably numb".
It's not only being born an outsider, but being a rebel as well- and to do this, you really have to be autonomies- a thing most humans, indeed, really can't be.

Just like tarot card "The Fool" with his white rose, jumping into the abyss- one must be willing to sacrifice everything for the Self.
The highest priority indeed...

#240067 - 05/02/07 12:55 PM Re: What a beautiful thread! [Re: The_Lightning]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Hmmm...for debates sake, I must say I do not fully agree.

I no longer struggle with my own self, and stopped doing so many years ago. I no longer care or hear about anything or anyone who judges me. I look for no "pat on the head".

When I look up to a man or woman, I accept it. When I look down on a human, I accept it. I can't say I seek some "light" from the eyes I admire just to feel worthy. I mean, truly I love praise from one above me on any given food chain, but surly no man can EVER best me on ALL levels.

Take a look at the brightest minds on these boards...I love what they say, how they think, place words, form tangents, make my mind flip...and I adore them for that. But I also know, that they must be much lower on some scale in other areas.

I think...you must "fully" overcome any and ALL forms of "verification-quests" before you can even "begin" the trek of "becoming" a Satanist...

I may be wrong on that...and when a smarter person slaps me with the proof, i will ponder, blink then accept what I have learned...

But really...fuck the world, and the herd of mindless zealots it has created to serve me. The select few are my brothers and sisters, the Elite are worthy of praise but surly they do not become dust if they do not get praise from me, as I do not burn to ash if they fail to lick my ego...and bet your ass if the mighty and wonderful Dr Anton LaVey himself gave me the middle finger, I would walk away laughing thinking "man he really did miss the point of what I am" (but he wouldn't).

Just food for thought... junk food?

PS: No sleep..three days...no more type type...looking dumb in the lair of the wise.

Edited by Fagneto (05/02/07 01:01 PM)
I am forever in the shadow of my crime, and for that I ask for punishment but only of the level I earned. I ask to not be removed from the place I find truth. I have been a very small creature, and have no excuse.

#240070 - 05/02/07 01:20 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: TrojZyr]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Interesting you mention painting - in the night classes I've taken at my art school, probably 75% of my classmates are at or approaching retirement and just clueing in that once they stop working they'll need to find something to do. These ones have decided to embark on their long-forgotten artistic dreams, but I'm sure there are many others who never get around to it.

And what do most of my classmates say? "It's so strange - I'm suddenly so much happier than I used to be."

Better late than never, but better early than late. ;\)

#240077 - 05/02/07 01:38 PM The key. [Re: Fagneto]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
As Gods, Satanists have risen above the need for self-evaluation altogether.

We judge our actions as actions have consequences.

We judge others as what others do have consequences for us as well.

However, and this is key, we do not judge ourselves at all.

We indulge in self-acceptance ("I exist!") and drop entirely as we recognize it all forms of self-evaluation (self-esteem, self-worth, etc.).

Gods are elite.

This is why.

#240083 - 05/02/07 02:12 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Fagneto]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
1. Wealth.

Money offers potential freedom. Usually most people have inadequate amounts of money due to poor decisions but given enough time and correct planning this can be overcome.

To prostitute your entire enjoyment of life for the mere acquisition of wealth is as pointless as the complete abandonment of any planning and decisions to "pull ahead" financially.

The Balance Factor applies to all things.

2. Debating your values.

Unless what you wish to accomplish relies upon someone's willing assistance, there is no need to seek their agreement or respect.

This is just another subtle version of the self-esteem trap. As your own God you no longer need to "earn" respect to "measure up" in the eyes of anyone else.

At the same time we always judge what we do to determine if it is effective in the effort to acquire what we want.

That has nothing to do with respect and everything to do with utility.

3. The only face-to-face that counts is the one in the mirror.

If that person is not happy with your choices you need to consider why.

If you pursue self-esteem you are doomed to inevitable failure.

Identity is not utility.

#240085 - 05/02/07 02:41 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Nemo]
Storm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: West Valley, UT, USA
Well said Magister Nemo! I agree that each individual must strive to attain the greatest satisfaction of one's desires in all aspects one's life regardless of the herd's assessment of those desires. Being superior at acheiving gratification of one's desires, whatever they may be, is nothing short of being elite.
Thus, I always say,

"Hail Thyself!"

~Storm

"When Hell is Full of Souls, The Tattooed Will Walk the Earth."
~Bob Tyrrell, The Night Gallery Tattoo

Facebook: facebook.com/artonyoustudios

#240212 - 05/02/07 11:58 PM Re: What a beautiful thread! [Re: Fagneto]
The_Lightning Offline

You totally miss-understood me,
But perhaps I'm to blame for that.

My post was all about rebelling against becoming stagnant and comfortable in a routine, both mentally and practically.
I never stated one should, in any way, seek verification outside himself- on the contrary, the only truth can be found inside- we agree on this completely.
I do not seek to verify my existence to others (but I do seek to change the world around me to suit my desires), nor is my self worth dependent upon them- though sometimes I value a bit too much what my beloved say. But I get over it, when I realize it.
My thesis is that one can never know enough about one's self and about one's life- there is always more knowledge to be achieved and depth to be concurred. I dislike certainty because, many times, it means the lust and passion had faded.
And I also know that I don't know. And I keep that in mind all the time- and it makes life so much more exciting.
I think that if I was of a totally "sound mind", it would probably mean that I'm lying to myself about something.

Are we on the same page again? (It seems to me we are)

#240213 - 05/03/07 12:13 AM Re: What a beautiful thread! [Re: The_Lightning]
Fagneto Offline
The Weakest Link

Well, honestly, I do not recall ever being on the "same page" with anyone...not fully.

But, I do see we are not at war...and that is fine enough for me. I have enough wars, and welcome a flank less active with conflict or blood.

If you get my twinki.

#240227 - 05/03/07 03:06 AM Re: What a beautiful thread! [Re: Fagneto]
The_Lightning Offline

Originally Posted By: Fagneto
Well, honestly, I do not recall ever being on the "same page" with anyone...not fully.

Well, of course, one can never be.
But I think we got pretty close here. ;\)

#240957 - 05/07/07 04:19 AM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Rodim Offline

An excellent point Reverand. It reminds me of one of my dearest friend, who is completely possesed by the media. He always has to have the most expensive cloths and cellphones or anything new that comes his way. He spends enormous amounts of cash just to feel that hes the coolest one among the other people. its Sad but true. Im glad and proud knowing that im an elite. An elite who knows whats best for him, and does things that make him truly happy and satisfied.

Ave satanas!

-Friedrich Nietzsche

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

-Horace Walpole

#241001 - 05/07/07 12:58 PM Re: What is Elite? [Re: Rodim]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Rodim
An excellent point Reverand. It reminds me of one of my dearest friend, who is completely possesed by the media. He always has to have the most expensive cloths and cellphones or anything new that comes his way. He spends enormous amounts of cash just to feel that hes the coolest one among the other people. its Sad but true. Im glad and proud knowing that im an elite. An elite who knows whats best for him, and does things that make him truly happy and satisfied.

Ave satanas!

Applause... well said.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406355 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements