Topic Options
#108070 - 06/23/05 09:35 AM Just thought i'd mention
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: UK
I have now sent in my $208 for registered membership. Look forward to seeing you all downstairs.

Any idea how long registered membership takes to process?

#108071 - 06/23/05 12:19 PM Re: Just thought i'd mention [Re: Cholinergic]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I have now sent in my $208 for registered membership. Look forward to seeing you all downstairs.

Any idea how long registered membership takes to process?

I sent my package in over a month ago now. The check was cashed and cleared the bank. I'm still waiting on my membership card to arrive. My obvious guess to your question is to just wait. Be patient. Congrates to you also.

#108073 - 06/24/05 02:42 PM Re: Just thought i'd mention [Re: ]
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: UK
the extra $8 is required if you use paypal as part of paypal's commision.

#108075 - 06/26/05 11:35 AM Joining, for dollars... [Re: ]
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
I could not help but notice your desire to “know” where the funds go, before you send in your money to join the Church of Satan. I wonder why that would be such a prime factor in joining, besides the other one concerning your own personal purchases you wish to complete first. If you consider where the money is supposed to go when you purchase some of the other items you desire, could it not be so with the membership fees as well? Overhead from the myriad costs of administrating the Church of Satan could be tremendous, and your money could be well used to ensure the integrity of the process. What is it to you?

If the money you spend on membership gets you what you want, then it is not some question of how it is spent on the other end that matters. It is a non-issue.

My personal opinion on the why’s and wherefores’ of joining is not so much, “Hey, what does my money do; besides get me a nifty card?” It is rather how far I can take myself, once I receive said card, and what doors are open for myself to explore. That is goal oriented, rather than being stuck on useless information seeking.

Join, if you understand the value of putting in to something that is on terms with your own personal philosophy. Join, to show your support for the organization founded by a man who brazenly strode forth to smash the stupidity and hypocrisy of the herd. Join because you want to, and you feel it is the productive thing to do.

To concern your self with the question, of where the money goes, and how it is used, is pointless and demeaning. It smacks of a certain lack of vision, and places you on the lower rung of the clueless.

You want to read more, to see where your money goes and what it does…start by trying to understand what Satanism is first. Then you might get the idea.

You get out of it what you put in

Edited by HLGwyn (06/26/05 11:36 AM)

#108076 - 06/26/05 11:55 AM Re: Just thought i'd mention [Re: ]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
I already know where it's going.

Anyone with a modicum of common sense on what administration requires can figure this out.

Renting office space,paying staff,doing a background check (to keep criminals and nutcases off the rolls, and out of contact with us)

It's all part of a competent and well thought out system that makes this organization work.

In return,one gets the chance to meet and interact with amazing people who can greatly enhance the quality of one's life..So long as you give back what you take,or a bit more.

And it's a one time fee,quite a bargain for the return.

Enough said?
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#108077 - 06/26/05 01:40 PM Re: Just thought i'd mention [Re: Cholinergic]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Wondeful, welcome. The Membership process can take a few months actually depending on how many membership applications are in front of yours as all of them are processed in the order they were recieved. I will let you in on some information .... the time you wait now is nothing compared to how long it use to take, just my standard membership application took over 8 months, but the wait was well worth it ... for me at least.

There are many factors involved in the processing time, but your time will come and when you open that envelope ... it should give you a sence of pride.

The application one time fee goes towards keeping the organization running. It is impossible to run an organization without money and if you look at it the one time fee the CoS charges is pennies compared to "other" religious organizations fees. All of the money goes right back into the CoS, it does not "pay" people, it does not go to any personal gain ... it goes back into what it was intended for.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
---------------------------------------
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406058 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements