Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#11177 - 01/19/04 11:42 AM Re: Military Section [Re: Poetic_Berserker]
WyckedImp Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New York
Most definitely! In "the field" and especially on a long deployment in a foreign country, one really does get to know the people that one works with much better. They show their true colors! They cannot hide their true selves 24/7. It's actually quite amusing to watch their real character emerge!

Hail Satan!

#11178 - 01/19/04 02:00 PM Re: Military Section [Re: WyckedImp]
Poetic_Berserker Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
I have seen a couple change for the better, most change for the worse. As for myself... I really haven't changed, everyone in my unit says that as well. I find it odd that anyone would want to be anything other than themself.

Hail Satan!

#11179 - 01/20/04 02:30 AM Re: Military Section
Machine Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Korea, for the final time...
A splendid idea. Now the Air Force has the mandatory 1 1/2 mile run, push-ups and sit-ups as of 1 Jan 04. I can tell just by looking that most of the AF is going to fail this one (hospital personnel especially). While I have always been one to spend time at the gym, the incentive to stay fit is there even more so now that it is mandatory, as this can effect promotion testing, re-enlistment eligibility and one's career overall. General Jumper is keen on making the Air Force similar to the "Army of One" concept and is willing to great lengths to make this happen. I just read on the Air Force Times website (www.airforcetimes.com) he is looking to reduce the force by 16,000 personnel and am willing to bet he will use this to filter out the "waste" as well. It's good to be a 4-star general!

#11180 - 01/20/04 02:40 AM Re: Military Section [Re: Poetic_Berserker]
Machine Offline
CoS Member

Iraq. What a place! I've only seen it by air and haven't been back since (KC-135 refueling mission back in 1991). Keep up the good work.

Right now the media is pushing for answers regarding the Weapons of Mass Destruction the President claims Saddam had in storage (Story). While I am skeptical as to their existance on a personal note, if they're out there, we'll find them.

I'm heading back to Korea for my 4th remote here soon. Another place Bush dubbed as an "Axis of Evil". With any luck, we'll be able to end what was started over 50 years ago. Being remote is a great place to learn everything about your MOS (us AF guys have AFSC's) and build upon your professional career. Take full advantage of it.

#11181 - 01/20/04 11:01 AM Re: Military Section [Re: Machine]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The navy has the 1 1/2 mile run and all that. As a matter of fact, I took the test last week. I apologize for butting in like this. My name is Robert, and myself as well is in the United States active duty.

#11182 - 01/20/04 05:25 PM Re: Military Section
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, and let us not forget the medical professionals, and horse trainers (after all how much more "elite" can you get than to nurse back to health the president or train Olympic calibur horses) I am sure I can think of a few more specialities to add.........

#11183 - 01/20/04 09:21 PM Re: Military Section
Machine Offline
CoS Member

Not too worry, Robert, and glad to make your acquaintance! We have Navy personnel here at Misawa and they seem more relaxed than their Air Force counterparts. While it may be the "grass is greener on the other side" the Navy folks here have always been cool to hang with. Welcome aboard.

#440808 - 12/18/10 06:11 PM Re: Military Section [Re: Machine]
Matthew Miles Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ghent, NY
I served in the US Army and the Air Force and I am in full support of this idea.

#440863 - 12/19/10 07:57 AM Re: Military Section [Re: Matthew Miles]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Please pay attention to the dates of posts before submitting a new reply. No need to dig up posts that are six or seven years dead and buried.

There's a military forum in the Members' Only forums. You'll need to have your account upgraded to Member and VIP status to access it.
Prevention of Virtue

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
43879 Topics
404435 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements