Topic Options
#113192 - 07/15/05 11:52 AM Registered member
DunkelTeufel Offline

Loc: México D.F.
Hello

I was wondering... what are the advantages that the CoS offers to the registered members, what do you get when joining?. Im asking this because I can´t afford $200, it will be very difficult for me indeed, but if I get them, What do I get? (besides the chance to become an active member, what would be an entirely honor).

I hope not to bother anyone with this question.

PS I apologize for my bad english.

#113193 - 07/15/05 01:08 PM Re: Registered member [Re: DunkelTeufel]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
If you can't afford it, you can't afford it.

It's a lifetime membership to The Church of Satan. If you see no advantages and will not gain any satisfaction from becoming a member, please do not join.

We are The Church of Satan; we don't need a sales pitch.

#113194 - 07/15/05 01:57 PM Re: Registered member [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
DunkelTeufel Offline

hahahahahaahha nice...
you must be a charm with women...
hahahahahahaha...

#113195 - 07/15/05 03:17 PM Re: Registered member [Re: DunkelTeufel]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
Quote:

you [Agent Malebranche] must be a charm with women...

If you only knew...

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#113196 - 07/15/05 03:28 PM Re: Registered member [Re: MagisterParadise]
DunkelTeufel Offline

I know I must apologize for my answer, it just made me laugh that i did an open and polite question, and he answered me that way, I stated in my introduction that Im new in Satanism, and my question was honest and with no sense of offense or criticism, but he did not answered me in a polite manner.

My question is still open, I still want an aswer, but maybe I need to clarify my question, If you join the CoS is there any reward? Not materialistic of course, Im not interested in a credential to prove that I am a CoS member, but in knowledge, books, chats with people who can discuss more difficult mathers, etc. Is there a work with the Church, with the priests, are there official rituals, reunions, etc, Or all what Satanism is is in the LaVey works and in the texts of only a few members?

My question is honest, sorry if I bother anyone with it, if there is even a text that explains all this, maybe you can link me or something.

Thank you for your time.

#113197 - 07/15/05 03:37 PM Re: Registered member [Re: DunkelTeufel]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Actually, my biggest difficulty with the ladies, I assure you, is generally more a matter of determining how best to "let them down gently."

Your signature says "Xeper!"

Please explain.

#113198 - 07/16/05 03:35 PM Re: Registered member [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
DunkelTeufel Offline

Quote:

Your signature says "Xeper!"

Please explain.

Sure

Xeper is an egyptian verb that means "I have come into being."

#113199 - 07/16/05 08:58 PM Re: Registered member [Re: DunkelTeufel]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Very interesting. I'll have to take your word for it, as I'm not fluent in Egyptian myself.

Do you consider yourself a Satanist?

If so, I'm curious as to why you chose this word to follow "Hail Satan!" in your signature. Signatures sometimes say a lot about people.

#113200 - 07/17/05 12:21 AM Re: Registered member [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
DunkelTeufel Offline

I don´t consider myself only Satanist, I have influence of a lot of things besides Satanism, Im also influenced by Crowley and the thelema, also some of the Illuminati teachings (chaos magick and similar), I also read about "traditional Satanism" thoug I dont like they idea of how a Satanist must be. Atheistic Philosophy is also part of me as Nietzche, the forth path (Not sure if this is the right way to describe it in english) of Ouspensky, and many others.

I have a lot of respect for the egyptian culture and I consider them great magicians of the ancient times, the reason for me to putting this word was the meaning, it describes a process of becoming a better being, or at least that´s how I see it.

#113201 - 07/17/05 01:29 AM Re: Registered member [Re: DunkelTeufel]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Thank you for your answer.

In response to your original question, there are very few material benefits of becoming a member of the Church of Satan. What is offered is made plain enough at the churchofsatan.com web site. Those of us who are members generally chose to become members for personal reasons, as a sign of solidarity, as a magical gesture of "casting one's lot in with the Devil," etc. Membership does offer access to some fascinating people who may not otherwise be inclined to bother with someone. However, there is no system, no regular formal gathering; Satanists tend to gather organically--as individuals with common interests do. Membership does not offer unlimited access to these people--they will judge a member by their own rule and choose to associate with that member or not. For a talented Satanist who really belongs with The Church of Satan and who is driven to interact productively with other members, membership can be extremely rewarding. For others, it simply provides personal satisfaction. For some, it's just a card. As it has been said by others, the Church of Satan is "user-driven," members tend to get out of membership what they put into it.

#113202 - 07/17/05 11:53 AM Re: Registered member [Re: DunkelTeufel]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Quote:

eper is an egyptian verb that means "I have come into being."

Actually it means "I learned Egyprian from a geek who spoke to a giant anteater in his living room."

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#113203 - 07/17/05 12:56 PM Re: Registered member [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
DunkelTeufel Offline

Thank your for your answer, it really explained me what I wanted to know.

Good luck, and thanks again.

#113204 - 07/22/05 05:51 PM Re: Registered member [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Dollie Offline

Loc: Where I'm at.
[Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.]

Edited by MagisterParadise (07/22/05 07:03 PM)

Forum Stats
12255 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406363 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements