Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#113258 - 07/16/05 11:57 AM Re: For the Record - Re: "Satainst" attacked = Hate Crime [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Yes, it definately could have been worse.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#113259 - 07/16/05 12:11 PM Re: COS Member attacked = Hate Crime [Re: Serpens]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
My beef with the statement is that it downplays the severity of the crime because they attackers are "just kids".

Agreed. My other beef was the fact that he implied that it is natural and normal for youngsters and others to wail on "oddballs," and that we ought to turn a blind eye to it.

My arguments are thus:

1) "Mere kids" do heinous things all the time. Youth does not utterly remove responsibility, nor does it mean that a person can't already be a sociopath or just a general menace.
2) Kids who are allowed to act out and engage in heinous behaviors become even more dangerous and deranged as they grow. People giggle when the wee pup bites them, but when the dog becomes an 150-pound pitbull, the behavior is less "quaint" and cute.
3) It is indeed "normal" for humans to be blindly xenophobic and territorial, in that it is part of our natural instinctual make-up, but it is often a most dangerous and maladaptive behavior, and it can certainly worsen if it's laughed off or ignored.
4) Millions of people in the world have trouble with oddballs and weirdos, and while a good number do engage in teasing and hazing--at least when they're young, or maybe when they're drunk-- very few whip out lead pipes in the process. No one ever took a lead pipe to me, and I've never taken a lead pipe to anybody, thanks to a little thing called "impulse control." Anyone over the age of 5 who demonstrates that they consistently or noticeably lack impulse control, particularly to a violent degree, is an automatic potential threat. These guys were well over 5 years old.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#113260 - 07/16/05 12:23 PM Re: HAIL [Re: Mason_Rust]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Thanks!

#113261 - 07/16/05 07:49 PM Re: "Satainst" attacked = Hate Crime [Re: TR966]
patbateman Offline

1. This guy was a fraud. Not a Satanist. So he got what was coming.

2. I believe that the true Satanist need not advertise. You can be subtle. If you are going through an area chock full of people prejudiced against your religion, don't jab everyone with a pitchfork. It's just as bad as that bit in Die Hard 3 with Bruce Willis walking through Harlem with a sign saying "I hate niggers". Not that a Satanist would be wearing an inverted cross and bleating about being a Satanist to all and sundry. Nevertheless, you have the right to look any way you like, but you should be smart enough not to do it in an environment which will enrage everyone. I like black nail polish and black clothes (which probably makes me passe and/or cliche according to a lot of people, but I like it so I don't care), but I wouldn't wear it while gamboling through a family bbq, shouting "Hail Satan" purely for shock value and smirking at my ridiculous, over inflated sense of self satisfaction. That is the Satanic sin of stupidity. I guess some would say that wearing goth getup anywhere is asking for trouble, as most people at least pay lip service to xianity and could get offended. Well, I'm not going to let it change who I am, but I'm not going over the top either. A dark suit meets my needs and seems less juvenile. And attracts little undue attention.

The lack of needing to advertise is a strong point for me, and it shows this guy's insecurity. I don't need to say "I am a Satanist" to make myself feel powerful. The most powerful and self motivational thing I can say is:

"I am (insert name here)"

#113262 - 07/17/05 09:59 AM Re: "Satainst" attacked = Hate Crime [Re: TR966]
hiddenwolf Offline

Loc: yukon
obiviusly, the darwin theory applied here, we dont need weak members. if u should fall, it is because of your own doing

#113263 - 07/17/05 10:19 AM Re: "Satainst" attacked = Hate Crime [Re: hiddenwolf]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

we dont need weak members

Who the Hell is this "We" you're talking about?

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#113264 - 07/17/05 11:17 AM Re: "Satainst" attacked = Hate Crime [Re: MagisterRose]
BlasphemousOne Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut, USA
He must have a mouse in his pocket...

#113265 - 07/17/05 01:45 PM Re: "Satainst" attacked = Hate Crime [Re: hiddenwolf]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

obiviusly, the darwin theory applied here, we dont need weak members. if u should fall, it is because of your own doing

Since when does an unfair fight make you weak? Unfair meaning, 2 against 1 and the outnumbering party being armed. Hunting in packs in the wild is all fine and dandy, but hunting for food and jumping someone in order to just beat the shit out of them because you don't like them is 2 different things. This act had nothing to do with natural law or any form of social Darwinism. It was a crime.

#113266 - 07/18/05 09:10 AM Re: "Satainst" attacked = Hate Crime [Re: CWH]
ThrashinHellslut Offline

Loc: Germany
Yes, it IS a crime (and of course the committers shall get what they deserve). But, so what? This happens every day somewhere in the world. Why should I care for this one, just because it was a "Satanist" who got beaten? I don't got a feeling of "togetherness", anyway.

#113267 - 07/18/05 02:04 PM Re: "Satainst" attacked = Hate Crime [Re: ThrashinHellslut]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
I agree with the majority of what has been said. As far as being subtle or having the “right” to look as you please, it is a simple matter of what should be and what really is. Dress as you like, but be wary of the consequences. If you are attacked, yes that is a crime, but also an incident that could have been avoided. The judge totally dropped the ball on the sentencing, these two should have done time, instead they got a slap on the wrist, totally reprehensible.

#113268 - 07/18/05 02:11 PM Re: "Satainst" attacked = Hate Crime [Re: ThrashinHellslut]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Yes, it IS a crime (and of course the committers shall get what they deserve). But, so what? This happens every day somewhere in the world. Why should I care for this one, just because it was a "Satanist" who got beaten? I don't got a feeling of "togetherness", anyway.

I never said anything about "togetherness". I just think its bullshit that people can't walk down the street without being robbed, shot, stabbed, beaten or some way harressed for any reason, no matter what they look like or who they are. This incident could have happened to anybody, any where, including you.

#113269 - 07/18/05 03:21 PM Re: "Satainst" attacked = Hate Crime [Re: ThrashinHellslut]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:

and of course the committers shall get what they deserve

Pardon, but I believe that the issue that I have with this situation is that the commiters did not get what they deserved. Who they commited the crime against is irrelevant.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#113270 - 07/18/05 06:06 PM Re: Stupid. stupid, STUPID. [Re: TheAbyss]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>I wear a small Baphomet pendant on a regular
>>basis and so far no-one has even remotely
>>suggested the fact that it is Satanic. (Okay, i
>>had one person say "Cool! I like Monster Magnet
>>as well, dude!" but that is another thing.)

Heh, my friend got a similar "Nice Morbid Angel t-shirt, dude!" comment last Friday at Ozzfest.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#113271 - 07/18/05 08:32 PM Re: "Satainst" attacked = Hate Crime [Re: CWH]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I just think its bullshit that people can't walk down the street without being robbed, shot, stabbed, beaten or some way harressed for any reason, no matter what they look like or who they are.

It's not "bullshit", it's "life" and it's highest law is "survival of the fittest".

#113272 - 07/18/05 09:12 PM Re: "Satainst" attacked = Hate Crime [Re: CWH]
uncleherpe Offline

Im kind of torn on this subject. He was being pretty damn stupid, and probably could have expected to be harassed or assaulted from the way he was behaving... but of course I don't think anyone deserves a beating (in general). I wonder if he will learn from the experience.

I stopped looking weird a long time ago. It only causes more problems.. I try to look attractive, but other than that I could care less about what people think when they see me.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405806 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements