Topic Options
#114242 - 07/22/05 04:53 PM To be or not to be?
smartasterisk666 Offline

Loc: Edgewood, NM
So here is a short quiz/question...

I am sitting at my office which has a gated entry... It is 6:30am and I'm looking out the doorway to outside. Now then - something tells me to go open the gates. As I open the gates (electronic) one of my employee's drives up in perfect timing, smiles and parks. I then walk back inside and stare out the window debating "was that being in tune or magic or another scenario".

Now is that magic? I'll say my answer after I see who and what reply's. This is just for fun but does relate to Satanists.

#114243 - 07/22/05 05:07 PM Re: To be or not to be? [Re: smartasterisk666]
Helena Offline

Loc: Texas
There's certainly no harm in having a little mental fun with your well-timed gate opening... but I'd have to say that this falls into the realm of coincidence, or perhaps an unrealized knowledge of the sound of your employer's car, or perhaps the time they usually arrive. I wouldn't attribute it to magic. But you could always attribute it to precognition. I'd be more inclined to believe that you knew your employer's habits better than you thought.

HS!
Priestess Helena

#114244 - 07/22/05 06:21 PM Re: To be or not to be? [Re: smartasterisk666]
Chuck Offline

Quote:

Now is that magic? I'll say my answer after I see who and what reply's. This is just for fun but does relate to Satanists.

Yes! What you described has Its basis in Magic. Yet, there is a more "scientific" term some use. The Term: Synchronisity.

What do you think?

#114245 - 07/22/05 06:45 PM Re: To be or not to be? [Re: Helena]
Dollie Offline

Loc: Where I'm at.
Also just shows how sharper your getting. Trust me same things happen to me and I think the same, but I step and go, I'm just getting more intuned with myself is all, which in itself is a great value to possess.

HS!
Hail Mint-n_Chip Ice cream during "that time"

#114246 - 07/22/05 08:37 PM Re: To be or not to be? [Re: smartasterisk666]
the_poison_elf Offline

Loc: Auburn, Maine, USA
you'd be suprised how well the human brain can run things in the background. personally, i no longer need an alarm clock unless i intent to really zonk out; otherwise somethign in my head keeps track of time well enough that i wake up within a half-hour of when i need to.

not that i outrule things like precognition; i've come across enough instances personally and seccond-hand that i keep the possibility that there is something that can be attributed to the term even if it dosn't fir the classical meaning; but most things can be fairly well explained just by being a sharp cookie.

#114247 - 07/22/05 10:38 PM Re: To be or not to be? [Re: Helena]
smartasterisk666 Offline

Helena... I feel that you are the closest or better yet. Dead on. I do not think it was magic on a deep or great level. I do think that it was just reality and knowing the movements of others and being aware of where they are/were consciously and unconsciously etc... Just plain ole reality. But it was kinda fun to think myself a magician. You know... Just for kicks and grins...

Now on to another thought... Where does "reality" and "magic" start and stop? Any takers? To me magic is the art of making your "reality" yours and taking it and molding it exactly how you like it. To me that is a smaller form of magic yes?

Example: I wanted a new Mustang for my partner and I went and got the money and got it. Then I wanted a new Dodge truck and did the same. Then I wanted land and a house and got it as well (3 acres!)... No magic. Just working my ass off on all of my businesses along with my partner. Then planning ahead and following through. All of this done within the last 2 months. Would I be wrong to consider this magic? As I DID change my reality to what I wanted when I wanted and moved the right people around to do so? I also had a goal to get it done before tomorrow which is the day of my birth and I closed on the property today!

Then... What would be a greater "magical" feat? Any takers on that? Please share. Thanks. I'm thinking something metaphysical maybe?

Hail Satan!

Edited by smartasterisk666 (07/23/05 08:53 PM)

#114248 - 07/22/05 10:54 PM Re: To be or not to be? [Re: smartasterisk666]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
If the "something" was the monitor then I would call that modern technology in action - "magic" for those who do not yet understand it in accordance with Clarke's Law.

Now if you can make the gate open without having to do anything at all - that's automation!

#114249 - 07/23/05 03:03 AM Re: To be or not to be? [Re: smartasterisk666]
AEnigma Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Belgium
It seems, perhaps unbeknownst to you, that your employee has you well-trained to open the gates for him in time .

COS Folding @Home Team
Des Duivels (on Satanism in Dutch)
Des Duivels Forum (Satanic forum in Dutch)
Temple of the Vampire

Kindly leave your morals at the wardrobe.

#114250 - 07/23/05 08:29 PM Re: To be or not to be? [Re: AEnigma]
smartasterisk666 Offline

AEnigma I would not have that scenario be out of the running... Ah hell... Maybe this week I'll switch stuff up around the office. You know... Just for fun. Maybe throw a few for a loop. Go to the office in a dress for the week and only speak in "street".

Does anyone have any office "switch up" stuff to do for fun if you were the boss? I own a Record Label so pretty much anything goes. I will give some of your ideas a whirl too for fun so fantasy time!

Hail Satan!

#114251 - 07/23/05 08:42 PM Re: To be or not to be? [Re: Nemo]
smartasterisk666 Offline

I am glad that you pointed out the word "something" Nemo. You touched on "something" we all have. Probably better discussed in detail downstairs. I wouldn't wanna scare the "hell" out of the newer folks just learning. I AM KIDDING OF COURSE!!!

That "something" was NOT a monitor. It also was not a familiar sound. It was not a phone call saying "I am coming." It was just me playing mind games with myself to see if I can time things. Now what do I call this "something"? FUN! Either coincidence or me becoming more in tune - it was FUN! Harmless to anyone and just plain fun to do and ponder all of the possibilities out of a simple act. I am not attempting to be something I am not. After 29 years of being a Satanist I still find fun in the simple things as well.

Reality kicks ass when you run it... Thank you Nemo and everyone else for the responses to this thread. If anyone would like to elaborate on one of their experiences that would be great!

HAIL SATAN!

#114252 - 07/23/05 08:50 PM Re: To be or not to be? [Re: Chuck]
smartasterisk666 Offline

Since you asked I'll reply chuck. Thank you by the way for replying your thoughts.

I do think it was a form of magic. I do think it was reality. I do think that it was a fun mind exercise. I do think that it was coincidence and I do think that I was becoming more in tune with myself and those I surround myself with. I do think I was bored at the moment. I do think that this "something" as Nemo put it should be looked into on a daily basis and coveted. I do think that I love that "something" and respect it. I do think I won't tell you or anyone what that "something" is to me. I do think that we can all find it and lastly I do think I've typed way to much.

Hail Satan!

#114253 - 07/23/05 08:51 PM Re: To be or not to be? [Re: the_poison_elf]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Quote:

you'd be suprised how well the human brain can run things in the background. personally, i no longer need an alarm clock unless i intent to really zonk out; otherwise somethign in my head keeps track of time well enough that i wake up within a half-hour of when i need to.

I do the exact same thing. It doesn't matter when I go to bed. If I go to bed at 12:00, I'm awake at 6. If I go to bed at 3, I'm up at 6.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#114254 - 07/23/05 09:53 PM Re: To be or not to be? [Re: smartasterisk666]
Helena Offline

Loc: Texas
I would definitely say that molding the world to do your bidding is a type of magic. If you've set goals for yourself and acomplished them, then yes, you've done a great feat! Magic works in many types of ways and sometimes overanalyzing just what exactly happened to have your goals realized may be putting too much thought into it. Just revel in your successes!! And be glad that the forces you set into motion resulted in what you had originally envisioned!

Hail Satan!

Priestess Helena

#114255 - 07/24/05 08:40 AM Re: To be or not to be? [Re: Helena]
smartasterisk666 Offline

Thank you for your thoughts Helana. One of the reasons to my post was hopefully to get other Satanists to share some of their reality and reply just so I can get to know more folks and learn. Which some have and I appreciate. I have no problem admitting that I do overanalyze just about everything. Mostly for fun but also because I do a lot of things that take a lot of analyzing and thinking like produce music/run busnesses/work on tractors/and other things I don't feel comfortable mentioning yet but in just those three takes a LOT of thinking. Thank you again Helana.

I'm off now to go work on my "compound"!

Hail Satan!

#114256 - 07/25/05 03:59 AM Re: To be or not to be? [Re: smartasterisk666]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
I've only ever achieved two things I consider "magical." One is a techinique I picked off of another forum that allows me to push myself harder physically. Essentially I can run longer/play harder by fooling myself into a mind over matter scenario.

The second is something I can't explain except for considering the possibility that my own will manipulated the people around me. For years in school I would not do homework when I should and on a few occasions become very worried about the consequences of not having it prepared for class. In nearly all of these cases some fortunate event would occur and I would not have to turn in the work at the pre-assigned time. Usually we'd have an unexpected substitute or the teacher would just forget to collect it.

In both cases it was my own will that seemed to effect the outcome and no other force I am aware of. I can run longer without conditioning (although I admit it would help) and somehow I got out of those dreaded situations enough times for me to take note. I call it magic because I took no conscious or ordinarily logical cause-and-effect action to achieve my results.

Forum Stats
12016 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405223 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements