Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#115345 - 08/01/05 12:25 AM Hunting?
Serpens Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Western New York
The 10th Satanic rule of the earth states "Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food."

I don't have any problem with this, since I do not hunt. However, what if someone enjoys hunting for pleasure? For the "thrill of the hunt"? How does Satanic philosophy regard this?

Edit: To clarify the question, hunting for sport, and not for personally eating.

Edited by Serpens (08/01/05 12:28 AM)

#115346 - 08/01/05 12:48 AM Re: Hunting? *DELETED* [Re: Serpens]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Post deleted by Drimlybunk

Edited by Drimlybunk (08/01/05 12:49 AM)

#115347 - 08/01/05 12:51 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Serpens]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Isn't it self-explanatory?

If you are not eating it, or at least giving the meat to someone who will eat it, you are in violation of Satanic law to kill animals. Killing for trophies or for thrillkills is obviously contrary to our philosophy.

Hunting and then eating what you have killed is fine, and covered by this rule of the earth.

#115348 - 08/01/05 01:00 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Serpens Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Isn't it self-explanatory?

If you are not eating it, or at least giving the meat to someone who will eat it, you are in violation of Satanic law to kill animals. Killing for trophies or for thrillkills is obviously contrary to our philosophy.

Hunting and then eating what you have killed is fine, and covered by this rule of the earth.

My curiosity stemmed from the train of thought that we are all animals, and some animals kill for fun. But of course, Satanism holds animals as sacred and naturally carnal. It was a silly question, I agree.

Thank you.

#115349 - 08/01/05 01:43 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Serpens]
Powaqqatsi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hungary
Quote:

some animals kill for fun

It is not clear for me: do you mean that there are some human animals who kill for fun?

If you were thinking of other animals, then how would you know what was the motivation behind the kill? Could you please mention some species which kills for fun?

#115350 - 08/01/05 02:03 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Powaqqatsi]
Serpens Offline
CoS Member

Cats do it. They have fun 'playing' (the stalking and chasing) with the prey, which seems like a parallel to some hunters I talk to.

#115351 - 08/01/05 02:07 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Powaqqatsi]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Wolverines and the common cat, if I'm not mistaken, kill for the sake of killing, beyond their survival needs, seemingly for exercise or entertainment.

My cats love to kill lizards. My yard is abundant with Anole lizards, which sometimes get into the house, to the enjoyment of my cats, who will enthusiastically chase and bat it to death. When the lizard is "done", the cats don't eat it, they poke at look at it with eagerness, as if to say "lets play some more." When they realize the lizard isn't going to play anymore, they move on to the next thing, leaving it for me to pick up.

I've observed my outside cats doing the same with bugs, mice and lizards.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#115352 - 08/01/05 02:17 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Serpens]
Powaqqatsi Offline
CoS Member

I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard that cats play with their prey because it makes the prey's flesh more delicious. I believe this is the same reason why in China they beat and torture dogs before they slaughter them.

#115353 - 08/01/05 02:18 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Svengali]
Serpens Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Wolverines and the common cat, if I'm not mistaken, kill for the sake of killing, beyond their survival needs, seemingly for exercise or entertainment.

My cats love to kill lizards. My yard is abundant with Anole lizards, which sometimes get into the house, to the enjoyment of my cats, who will enthusiastically chase and bat it to death. When the lizard is "done", the cats don't eat it, they poke at look at it with eagerness, as if to say "lets play some more." When they realize the lizard isn't going to play anymore, they move on to the next thing, leaving it for me to pick up.

I've observed my outside cats doing the same with bugs, mice and lizards.

Do your cats bring you presents often? I think that it's rather cute when the cat brings food for you.. even if you do have to clean it up when your cat rips its prey's head off in the house.

#115354 - 08/01/05 02:24 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Svengali]
Powaqqatsi Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

When they realize the lizard isn't going to play anymore, they move on to the next thing, leaving it for me to pick up.

I don't want to force my opinion, but it seems to me that from the cat's perspective it's not a kill but a careless play, an accident. I don't necessarily think that their intention is to take the life of their "prey".

Of course I haven't corresponded with cats yet so I could be entirely mistaken.

#115355 - 08/01/05 02:42 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Serpens]
Vincent Offline
CoS Member

Loc: B.C.
You see, human animals have a few more responsibilites than others.

#115356 - 08/01/05 02:55 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Svengali]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

No doubt about it, cats will kill without eating, this is a product largely of cats separate evolved instincts.

In cats, the urge to hunt and to eat are separate urges. That's why cats don't try to kill their catfood; snakes on the other hand will strike and "kill" even prekilled prey items. When cats play, it is typically an expression of their urge to kill separated from their urge to eat.

Any time you see a cat playfully chase his inanimate cat toys, he is expressing his urge to kill something.

#115357 - 08/01/05 03:02 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Serpens]
Entity Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: Avalon UK
Animal behaviourists now think that the 'presents' cats leave around the house are put there to teach or remind humans how to kill.

From a cat's perspective, humans must appear to be useless rat catchers, therefore requiring lessons in the gentle arts of disembowelling, beheading etc.

Nothing is better than to live according to one's taste. - François Villon

Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#115358 - 08/01/05 05:10 AM Re: Kill for fun or fun for killing? [Re: Powaqqatsi]
Leo_V Offline
CoS Member

I recall a documentary in which a killer whale caught a seal, took it a few hundred feet off shore, then began tossing it up into the air only to catch it when it tried to swim away. The seal had no chance of escape.

It did eventually kill and eat the seal. I was amazed to watch this.

I know some hunter types. They've got camo suits, facepaint, deer piss, tree stands... Food or not, I don't see the point in it.

Let Bambi return fire. Then I'll be impressed.

#115359 - 08/01/05 06:22 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Eussiah Offline

Quote:

Any time you see a cat playfully chase his inanimate cat toys, he is expressing his urge to kill something.

Maybe, but cats also seem to have an urge to play without killing. I've known many cats, and found that they all have a sense of "killing" vs "playing." If I'm playing with a cat, using my bare hand, and the cat is biting and clawing my hand, it seems to have two modes of doing so. If the cat is angry, it will cause damage to my hand, and bite to "kill." But there are other times when the same cat will bite my hand and hold it in its claws, but show restraint. It is these times that I surmise the cat has some concept of "play," where it understands that biting my hand is alright, as long as it's not hard enough to make me bleed. I've observed this behavior consistently in several cats.

Of course these were all domestic house cats, and this split between killing and playing modes may have been a result of learning to adapt to human reactions. Then again, we've all seen those nature programs where lions and tigers and such "play" with each other, perhaps for the purpose of sharpening their reflexes for the real battles.

I had a cat that loved to chase and catch moths. It always batted them around, chewed off non-vital pieces, and generally tortured them. But it never killed even one of them. Sometimes they would die from their injuries, but usually the cat was very good at keeping them alive but crippled. Would it have killed had it been a wild cat? Did the years of playing with inanimate toys and human hands somehow change the way its instincts were manifested? Maybe.

#115360 - 08/01/05 12:02 PM Re: Hunting? [Re: Eussiah]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

You're observing two different but similar behaviors.

When the cat "plays" with your hand it is treating you as another cat related to it, albeit a rather large cat (hence your cat will also make submission postures to you, like raising his rump). The biting, clawing, and romping he does with you is intentionally nonlethal. If you have two kittens, you will see them play in a similar fashion; this is "practice killing" against one another, restrained violence on a tolerable level. Most large mammalian predators display some similar behavior, including humans (wrestling, rock throwing, and boxing all come to mind).

My statement about inanimate objects stands. Your cat probably actively hunts them. Note that your cat very well might "sneak" up on a toy, pounce and bite with great vigor, but it will not likely go so far with you even in play. The cat is aware that claw kicks and sharp bites will cut you up, and refrains from this since you are "family" not "prey."

#115361 - 08/01/05 01:17 PM Re: Hunting? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Eussiah Offline

This makes sense. I suppose in the house cat's world, a hand is "practice killing" for the real dangers out there: marbles, strings, and plush toys, the same way that two lion cubs wrestling is practice for live predators/prey. I never really thought of it as considering me to be another cat, but as something that feeds it and plays with it and pets it, I suppose I must seem like that.

#115363 - 08/01/05 03:24 PM Re: Hunting? [Re: Drimlybunk]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
Quote:

Someone delete this, his answer is in his first sentence.

I think we Moderators can make that decision all on our own.

Purging Talon | Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon

Terror Transmission | TT on iTunes | TT on Facebook | TT on Twitter | TT on Google+ | TT on YouTube | TT on tumblr
--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#115364 - 08/01/05 04:48 PM Re: Hunting? [Re: Serpens]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

The 10th Satanic rule of the earth states "Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food."

I don't have any problem with this, since I do not hunt. However, what if someone enjoys hunting for pleasure? For the "thrill of the hunt"? How does Satanic philosophy regard this?

Edit: To clarify the question, hunting for sport, and not for personally eating.

What needs to be clarified? What can be a more plain statement?

If your not going to eat it, and it's not going to eat you.

Don't. Kill. It.

What is so hard to understand here?

The Satanic Rules were written for Satanists to follow. It can logically follow that Satanists are human beings. So one could logically deduce that the Nine Satanic Rules of the Earth were written for Satanic humans. These are things that Satanic human beings should naturally be doing.

Cats are not humans. Cats do things that humans don't do. Like shit in a box of dirt. They also toy with small animals and kill them. This is perfectly acceptable because they are cats. Cats are not humans. Cats are not subject to The Nine Satanic Rules of the Earth, because cats are not humans.

Humans. Humans that kill and torture animals pointlessly and needlessly for their own perverted pleasure are no better then the flies they are pulling the wings off of.

Deriving pleasure from hunting, as I do, goes with the territory of being a predator. I also eat what I kill. Trophies are just the rewards for your skill and effort as a hunter. Food should not be wasted.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#115365 - 08/01/05 05:36 PM Re: Hunting? [Re: Serpens]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Warlock Leviathan's statment was similar to what I would have said. So I won't beat a dead horse.

On a lighter note, my cat likes to play fetch, like a dog. I can throw her toys across the room and she will actually chase it down and then return it to me for another toss. Its funny as hell.

#115366 - 08/01/05 10:43 PM Re: Hunting? [Re: MagisterParadise]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Yeah, that was stepping on your toes wasn't it?

I mean no disrespect, I'll be deleting that now as others seem to be gaining something from this discussion...

Although I stand by my point that he answered is own question in the first sentence.

Edited by Drimlybunk (08/01/05 10:46 PM)

#115367 - 08/01/05 11:25 PM Re: Hunting? [Re: Serpens]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
I must say, what started out as a rather stupid question sparked some rather ineresting, entertaining, and educative answers.

I feel I have learned a little bit about cats. I thank all that intelligently responded for the insight and education.

HS!

SETI@Home Team

#115368 - 08/02/05 01:46 PM Re: Hunting? [Re: CWH]
Warlock Rikard Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: NJ
Quote:

On a lighter note, my cat likes to play fetch, like a dog. I can throw her toys across the room and she will actually chase it down and then return it to me for another toss. Its funny as hell.

One of my cats does that as well. And yes it is funny as hell.

#115369 - 08/02/05 01:55 PM Re: Hunting? [Re: False_Messiah78]
Warlock Rikard Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: NJ
Quote:

I must say, what started out as a rather stupid question sparked some rather ineresting, entertaining, and educative answers.

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people asking questions.

Just kidding. I couldn’t resist.

#115370 - 08/02/05 05:49 PM Re: Hunting? [Re: Serpens]
Asmedious Offline

I don't think that I could kill an animal for pleasure. Hell, I even catch flies and bugs, that come in my house, and put them outside. With that said, if hunting gives you pleasure, do it. Some might say that if you break one of the Satanic rules, you are not a Satanist. However, just because someone says that you are, or are not something doesn't make it so. If you feel that you are a Satanist, what does it matter what others say?
I am what I believe that I am. It is my reality tunnel. Anyone elses verbalization is just sound waves bouncing around.

#115371 - 08/02/05 07:58 PM Re: "What if?" [Re: Serpens]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Whenever I read "what if" along with a disclaimer from the person asking, I wonder, "Why ask?"

The person usually responds by answering, "Just curious."

Then I wonder what made them curious about something they are not involved in at all.

So do you have a reason for asking this question and if it is only curiosity, what causes you to be curious about it if it has nothing to do with you nor your interests?

Frankly I suspect there is a reason so rather than set up a bear trap, why not just state your reason and let's have at it.
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#115372 - 08/02/05 09:27 PM Re: "What if?" [Re: Nemo]
Serpens Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Whenever I read "what if" along with a disclaimer from the person asking, I wonder, "Why ask?"

The person usually responds by answering, "Just curious."

Then I wonder what made them curious about something they are not involved in at all.

So do you have a reason for asking this question and if it is only curiosity, what causes you to be curious about it if it has nothing to do with you nor your interests?

Frankly I suspect there is a reason so rather than set up a bear trap, why not just state your reason and let's have at it.

I'm game: I was talking Satanism with someone, and upon mention of the Rule of the Earth concerning not killing animals unless you intend to eat it or are attacked, he asked me about sports hunting. He said "If you believe that we're all animals and that everyone should indulge in what they truly enjoy, why isn't that allowed? Some people enjoy it." Since I don't hunt, and don't have any problems with the rule, I've never really pondered it until he asked me.

I told him that I wasn't sure, so I would ask people more knowledgable. I certainly never failed to understand the rule, as some seem to believe; it's quite obvious. It's elementary, in regard to how easy it is to understand.

My own personal take is that a degree respect, and a fondness for our furry, scaly buddies is another part of Satanism. They are exemplars of carnality, they don't have self-destructive, subjective moral systems that impede their pursuit of what they desire, and therefore to be cherished.

As many have pointed out, most "sports" revolving around the killing and trophy collecting of animals are nothing more than "Pompous assholes competing with similar types to see who can kill the most beautiful animal" variety of social masturbation.

But what if an individual doesn't hunt for an audience? What if the hunter hunts because he likes the thrill of the hunting, the stalking, and the kill? Perhaps eating the animal would be a way of paying "Satanic respect"?

Perhaps the rule's presence is more to disappoint the types that maliciously torture an animal as a manifestation of their own self-hatred. I think Satanists, and anyone worthy of any respect have a universal regard towards these people; that they represent all that it worst in the human animal.

Edited by Serpens (08/02/05 09:32 PM)

#115373 - 08/02/05 10:16 PM Wildlife Management [Re: Serpens]
NaamahPink Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Kentucky
"Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food."

I think the statement is pretty clear-cut for most situations. This, however, does not imply that one can't enjoy the kill itself, and then also eat their kill or donate/sell it to someone who will eat it.

Also, I think it also important to understand the rationale behind this statement. I think it is important to remember that Satanic ethics are not arbitrary like the morality of other religions. Satanic ethics are derived at through observing the real world, and then applying a good dose of logic and reason to make decisions about how to behave and what behaviors indicate. As Satanists, I think it is not only important to know what the ethical standards are, but that we should also know why we agree with those ethics. If we define a Satanist to be someone who when he or she reads The Satanic Bible they resonate with the principles therein, then they must have agreed with Satanic ethics prior to reading The Satanic Bible . There must have been reasons to accept those ethics other than because they were dictated to you. For this reason, one must also be able to examine the logic behind these ethics to apply to situations that may be less clear-cut.

Using my best interpretation of this statement, which is that it is unnatural and wasteful to kill animals without a reason, there is only a couple of situations that I can personally think of that may be an exception, yet still probably in line with Satanic ethics. They are as follows:
1) Due to the fact that humans have severely altered the composition of most ecosystems, there are less natural predators; hence some populations get drastically out of control. As a result, wildlife management may have to kill off segments of the population to safe guard the balance within ecosystem and to prevent extensive damage of the area. Specifically, there has been instances where deer have became so over-populated that they literally eat everything in sight, leaving nothing for other species who share food sources, then the population starves itself to death, causing a the number to dwindle next to nothing a leaving a trail of carcasses behind. It would be nice if all of the animals that fall victim to the population thinning were used as food, but often they are unfit for food by the time the population is that out of control and there may not be enough demand to claim all of the meat.
2) When disease is rampant within a population, killing infected members of the population may help preserve the population. This is used to manage Chronic Wasting Disease in elk.
3) As a person’s livelihood is there means of survival, a serious assault on ones livelihood could be considered an attack on the individual. Hence, I think that if an animal population become a real threat to ones livelihood (not a minor speculative threat), then one may be justified in killing member of the population beyond what they can reasonable consume if it is necessary to preserve their livelihood. Specifically, I am again thinking about deer overpopulation on large tracks of private farmland.

These possible exceptions are of course my own opinion, and I would be interested to hear your thoughts on these situations, but I do think they are in line with the rationale for the original statement. That is that I personally feel that each of these exceptions have a good justification in terms of preserving a reasonable balance in nature, or preserving oneself. Also, I think each of these exceptions I listed could be considered more life affirming than life denying, that is each results in either the preservation of the population itself, competitive populations, or a person’s livelihood.

#115374 - 08/02/05 11:27 PM Re: Hunting? [Re: Serpens]
AEnigma Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Belgium
I hunt for mosquitoes in my bedroom on an almost daily basis these days. Then again, those creatures are annoying me in my lair, so I am entitled to treat them cruelly and without mercy... .

COS Folding @Home Team
Des Duivels (on Satanism in Dutch)
Des Duivels Forum (Satanic forum in Dutch)
Temple of the Vampire

Kindly leave your morals at the wardrobe.

#115375 - 08/03/05 12:13 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Serpens]
Mjollnir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Gone
A friend of mine kept trying to get me to go hunting with him, because I displayed very good accuracy with my 12 gauge and other firearms at the rifle range on numerous occasions. I would probably be very good at hunting, because of this and the fact that I have frequently come very close to deer and other creatures in the wild while hiking. I am not against hunting. I, personally, just don't see any point to it. I can definitely understand the thrill of the chase, but why blow Bambi's head off? Still this is just my opinion, and I have no moral issues with hunting, and in some cases hunting may very well be neccessary if the population of a species gets out of hand. Where I live, the deer population got extremely high a couple years ago due to loss of habitat and lack of predators. As far as I know, hunting was encouraged, as deer were turning up everywhere.

Even when fishing, I always release my catches. The truth is.. I don't have any problems with the animals. It's the humans that I don't like.

I can't explain why I fish, though. I'll do it for a few years, then stop for a few years. Then I'll pick up where I left off. I've been doing this off and on since I was a kid. My grandfather taught me how to fish when I was very young. I'll probably always do it, but I never eat them. I try not to injure them too much. It's been proven that fish don't actually feel pain like other animals do, so I don't feel too bad about the hooks in their mouth. I don't think fishing would go against any Satanic codes.

This is just an opinion, but perhaps the rule is directed more towards any sort of ritualistic killing of animals for magical or religious purposes. This rule needs to be in place to offset the lies and tall tales of the bible-thumpers and "satanbusters" who use scare tactics to try to put Satanism in a negative light.

I don't see hunting as being un-Satanic if it brings the hunter pleasure, and if he is responsible for his actions. There are places you can bring your kill to sell the meat, if you are not interested in eating it yourself.

#115376 - 08/03/05 03:36 AM Re: "What if?" [Re: Serpens]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

But what if an individual doesn't hunt for an audience? What if the hunter hunts because he likes the thrill of the hunting, the stalking, and the kill? Perhaps eating the animal would be a way of paying "Satanic respect"?

As I mentioned before. I hunt. Whitetail deer, squirrel, pheasant, and grouse.

Here is why I hunt.

When I was a child, my family was very poor. So poor that saltine crackers and canned chili was breakfast lunch and dinner for many months. Hunting, and slaughtering crippled pigs from a hog farm my mother worked on, was the only sources of meat for the table. Hunting became a matter of survival. It wasn't a luxury that I now enjoy, it was kill, or go hungry.

Hunger, like pain, is a wonderful motivator.

I continue to hunt because, I like to eat free range game. It's healthier for your body, provided that the animal is healthy when killed. It also satisfies my predatory instincts to kill. Feeling remorse after killing an animal you will devour is normal. People that do not feel any remorse, trophy hunt, throw away the gift of meat, and hang horns, heads, or antlers on their walls. It's sociopathic. The next closest thing I could think of is a serial killer.

To not eat what you kill is wasteful. In my eyes it is nothing short of murder if you do not eat what you kill. Might as well be some creep putting firecrackers in frogs' mouths as trophy hunt.

Quote:

Perhaps the rule's presence is more to disappoint the types that maliciously torture an animal as a manifestation of their own self-hatred. I think Satanists, and anyone worthy of any respect have a universal regard towards these people; that they represent all that it worst in the human animal.

I think this also has another purpose to debunk the rumors that Satanists sacrifice and torture animals.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#115378 - 08/03/05 07:37 AM Re: "What if?" [Re: ]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:

What could be more fun than stalking your friends through the woods at night?

I must wholeheartedly agree, it actually sounds a bit therapeutic...

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#115379 - 08/03/05 11:33 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Entity]
Bedlam Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Perfidious Albion
So what are the "presents" that the little b*stards keep leaving in my flower pots meant to teach?

Do I look like I carry a pencil? Jason Statham

It may be Crazy
But I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

~ Gil Scott Heron

#115380 - 08/03/05 11:50 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Bedlam]
Entity Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: Avalon UK
Quote:

So what are the "presents" that the little b*stards keep leaving in my flower pots meant to teach?

They teach that it is useful to maintain a 'scratching patch' of earth or sand at a safe distance from your nasal cavities.

Otherwise, a cat will shit in the place which gives it greatest pleasure, such as a flower pot.

Or your shoe...

HS!

~ DE

Nothing is better than to live according to one's taste. - François Villon

Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#115381 - 08/03/05 01:40 PM Re: Hunting? [Re: Bedlam]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

our family had the same problem when I was a kid. they kept pissing in our flower pots, so we tied balloons to the plants. The cats were fascinated,their pupils got really big and they pawed at it curiously. Then *POP* it scared the living shit out of them and they never did it again. Give it a try.

#115382 - 08/03/05 04:48 PM Re: "What if?" [Re: Serpens]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Quote:

He said "If you believe that we're all animals and that everyone should indulge in what they truly enjoy, why isn't that allowed? Some people enjoy it."

Remember too that Satanists are hedonists, but not mindless hedonists. Rational self interest, indulgence not compulsion, and responisbility to the responsible all come in to play. None of these Rules of the Earth are without context.

#115383 - 08/03/05 07:43 PM Re: Hunting? [Re: Serpens]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Quote:

For the "thrill of the hunt"?

Why stop the life energy of a vertebrate for a cheap thrill?
What you are suggesting is that someone is killing for the
thrill of stopping the life energy of an animal that lives more
life in a day than most people hope to live in a lifetime.

This seems fairly intuitive.

#115384 - 08/03/05 07:51 PM Re: "What if?" [Re: Serpens]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

I'm game: I was talking Satanism with someone, and upon mention of the Rule of the Earth concerning not killing animals unless you intend to eat it or are attacked, he asked me about sports hunting. He said "If you believe that we're all animals and that everyone should indulge in what they truly enjoy, why isn't that allowed? Some people enjoy it." Since I don't hunt, and don't have any problems with the rule, I've never really pondered it until he asked me.

So if his question falls entirely out of your world of interest and experience, why do you care about his question?

You have only placed the intention of this question an arm's length away again.

I should like to bring it closer.
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#115385 - 08/04/05 10:25 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Serpens]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Yes, humans are animals, and animals such as dolphins, killer whales, cats, and a couple others (didn't know about wolverines!) will kill for sport, although they will rarely just *waste* the kill entirely, as trophy hunting humans do when they go out, shoot an elk, and just stick its head on the wall.

I also think the rules for humans may be a bit more strict because humans will tend to possess a more refined intellect, a greater degree of separation from natural instincts, and stronger fire power, so more restraint and insight is required and expected, particularly due to the last two. A human who goes trophy-loopy will usually cause *much* more harm and be more irresponsible, I imagine, than a cat who just gets the urge to off a few extra mice for fun.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#115386 - 08/05/05 12:41 AM Re: "What if?" [Re: Nemo]
Serpens Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

So if his question falls entirely out of your world of interest and experience, why do you care about his question?

You have only placed the intention of this question an arm's length away again.

I should like to bring it closer.

I didn't care about his question. I cared that I couldn't give him a definate answer. A man should know the philosophy he claims to identify with.

#115387 - 08/08/05 10:58 AM Re: Hunting? [Re: Entity]
Bedlam Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Perfidious Albion
The day a cat decides to evacuate itself within a Bedlam's brogue, is the day it learns a very important, albeit brief lesson:

Feline cunning and guile is no match for a swift-moving, well aimed shovel.

Do I look like I carry a pencil? Jason Statham

It may be Crazy
But I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

~ Gil Scott Heron

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
13164 Members
73 Forums
44436 Topics
407314 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM