Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#115585 - 08/03/05 10:21 PM Step up. [Re: TheAbyss]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Quote:

But the point is, that registered membership may mean well but there is no actual difference between the casual joiner and hard-core advocate.

What evidence do you have to back up your assertion?

#115586 - 08/03/05 10:28 PM Re: It's arrived :) [Re: Cholinergic]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Congratulations, and Happy Birthday.

#115587 - 08/04/05 03:45 AM Re: It's arrived :) [Re: LKRice]
TheAbyss Offline

Loc: Helsinki, Finland.
Quote:

Active Member (or member with interest in active membership.)

Blue card.

Wrong. There's no difference in card color.

I suggested that there should be some form of stratification. I know fine well that a person is Registered Member first before being cleared for Active Membership. I read the statement.

My point is, what if i meet up with someone else that is a CoS Member? Is he or she an active member? You don't know. They could just be some schmuck that dished out 160 Euro's for the card and walks around like they are some kind of largeshot! I would be worried about who they were. I would feel more confident if they had a different coloured card, so that i knew that i was talking to someone of responsibility. That is my over-all concern...

As for me being angry, i thought that Satanists are supposed to be in touch with the Dark Side within them, which is anger and negativity?

#115588 - 08/04/05 03:47 AM Re: Step up. [Re: RandomStranger]
TheAbyss Offline

Quote:

Quote:

But the point is, that registered membership may mean well but there is no actual difference between the casual joiner and hard-core advocate.

What evidence do you have to back up your assertion?

Because the method in which the card is obtained is exactly the same. I am talking about it from a pragmatic standpoint.

#115589 - 08/04/05 03:50 AM Re: It's arrived :) [Re: Cholinergic]
TheAbyss Offline

Quote:

I refer you to my above reply to you:
Yes, anyone can join if they produce the $200, but it is still (purposely) a non-trivial act and a step in the right direction.

Please elucidate further, Gareth. And a late happy birthday, i guess.

#115590 - 08/04/05 05:20 AM Re: It's arrived :) [Re: TheAbyss]
Powaqqatsi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hungary
Quote:

As for me being angry, i thought that Satanists are supposed to be in touch with the Dark Side within them, which is anger and negativity?

This was one of the stupidest sentences I ever saw. You still don't get it.

#115591 - 08/04/05 05:29 AM Re: It's arrived :) [Re: TheAbyss]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

My point is, what if i meet up with someone else that is a CoS Member? Is he or she an active member? You don't know. They could just be some schmuck that dished out 160 Euro's for the card and walks around like they are some kind of largeshot! I would be worried about who they were. I would feel more confident if they had a different coloured card, so that i knew that i was talking to someone of responsibility. That is my over-all concern...

Do you imagine that Satanists carry their cards around to show to people?

I have met many Satanists, but I haven't showed my card to any of them. If someone showed me their card thinking that I would want to associate with them merely because they had a membership card I would find them incredibly pathetic.

How do you know that you haven't already met a member of the Church of Satan?

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

#115592 - 08/04/05 05:54 AM Re: It's arrived :) [Re: TheAbyss]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Is that Registered Membership or Active Membership? If it is the former, then hey, "Big deal." Anyone can buy that...

Active Membership is a different matter. It requires respect.

It never fails, there's always at least one asshole with something stupid to say.

Idiot. That is total bollocks. It doesn't matter if you work as some guy that scrapes Offal from the floor of a slaughter house, or are a corporate mogul, the thing is the same.

You pay your $200.

you get the red card.

That's it.

Did you forget that the CoS does NOT solicit memberships? Yes! ANY moron can get Registered Membership. Active Membership to me means something a lot different. It means that the person in question is seen as having a more-than-fundimental grasp of Satanism, and is acting in a manner conducive to that of being a vital associate of the CoS.

Tell me what it is that stops the moron and the professor from getting registered membership. NOTHING.

Sorry if my English is poor, as i am Finnish.

The last thing you should be worrying about is your English. What you seem to have a problem with is your general comprehension of how everything works. Possibly because you have neither street-wise nor literary education of your own. That is showing on your manner & form of conduct. Membership with any group or organization will work according to how the individual will apply it, it will be based on the individual´s own effort, pace, willingness, capability, etc. Why do you put down specific occupations, as if it would mean that people who do certain things because they need to pay their bills have no hobbies, or talents that they use outside of work? You claim to be able to judge who has potential and who doesn´t, but you show to have no capability to discern what standards are, from any perspective, much less a Satanic one. Drop the attitude first, then listen to what people have to say, especially those of the ranks/hierarchy. Listen & try to learn, you don´t know it all as you think you do.

"Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit!"

#115593 - 08/04/05 06:01 AM Re: It's arrived :) [Re: Cholinergic]
Satanya Offline
Banned

And it seems to have arrived just before your B-Day. Magically in sync! Congratulations & Happy B-Day.

HS!

#115594 - 08/04/05 08:30 AM Re: It's arrived :) [Re: TheAbyss]
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: UK
$200 is enough to ensure someone doesn't just suddenly join one day because it's "cool". It is still also a step in the correct direction, the first step to becoming an active member is registered membership. It is the start of the individual's journey through the CoS.

If you excuse me now, I have a god to worship - me.

#115595 - 08/04/05 08:51 AM Re: It's arrived :) [Re: Cholinergic]
Oldsoul Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: California
Congratulations and happy birthday. I also feel that it is the first step and worthy of celebration. I just received mine and there is celebration in my near future.

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his country." General George S. Patton

#115596 - 08/04/05 09:02 AM Re: It's arrived :) [Re: Cholinergic]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Mine arrived a few days ago, congratulations to you on recieving yours. Hail Satan!

#115597 - 08/04/05 09:06 AM Re: It's arrived :) [Re: TheAbyss]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
First off, active membership is not for everyone. Many never choose to become active. From your standpoint it seems that a member must become active or else he is a charlatan. Interesting.

Anyone that dances around flashing their card is a fool. By that sheer act you can judge their character.

What makes a professor better than an office guru? Sure the professor had to endure much education in his field but he could be a complete ass, while the office worker could be a talented artist and quite a charming fellow.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side." Yes, Satanism is all about Star Wars.

"Join the Dark Side young Skywalker. I am your father's former flatmate. Look into your heart and know it to be true."

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#115598 - 08/04/05 10:08 AM Re: It's arrived :) [Re: TheAbyss]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:

I suggested that there should be some form of stratification. I know fine well that a person is Registered Member first before being cleared for Active Membership.

So what kind of rank to you give those such as yourself that have no membership?

Quote:

And since you are not a registered Member, how would you meet with them in the first place? And if you do happen to run into one, what makes you think they would show you their card?

#115599 - 08/04/05 10:49 AM Re: Step up. [Re: TheAbyss]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Quote:

Because the method in which the card is obtained is exactly the same. I am talking about it from a pragmatic standpoint.

And still you are not providing proof to back up your assertion.

Just accept that you are a shit-disturber and have nothing of
value to add and get over it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44448 Topics
407329 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold