Topic Options
#115674 - 08/02/05 04:31 PM Discretion in Membership Response
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
I looked briefly over the past few months of this section of the forum and tried the search filter, so I appologize if I missed my answer.

When a member of the Church of Satan recieves their response to their application for membership, active membership or any other CoS mailings how much discretion is used on the exterior of the envelope? Is it simply a white envelope with a return address to the Church of Satan or is it more eye-catching?

I'm concerned about the knee-jerk reactions a flagrant envelope may cause from the people living around me (in College).

#115675 - 08/02/05 04:56 PM Re: Discretion in Membership Response [Re: Drimlybunk]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

I looked briefly over the past few months of this section of the forum and tried the search filter, so I appologize if I missed my answer.

But did you try searching in the proper forum for CoS-related questions?

This forum is for comments and questions about the message board.
Prevention of Virtue

S Magazine 1 & 2
S Magazine 3

#115676 - 08/02/05 05:22 PM Re: Discretion in Membership Response [Re: LKRice]
Helena Offline

Loc: Texas
Yes, the envelope will be plain and discreet. There is no mention of the Church of Satan's name on the exterior of it.

HS!
Priestess Helena

#115677 - 08/02/05 05:22 PM Re: Discretion in Membership Response [Re: LKRice]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Yeah, you know what? That was really stupid.
Sorry for waisting your time....

#115678 - 08/02/05 05:23 PM Re: Discretion in Membership Response [Re: Helena]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Thank you, 'tis much appreciated.

#115679 - 08/03/05 03:09 PM Re: Discretion in Membership Response [Re: Drimlybunk]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I only wanted to add that not only are the envelopes containing correspondence with Church of Satan members (and prospective members) discrete, but the Church of Satan and its Priesthood make every concession possible to permit maximum security for its membership. Many Satanists are "underground," and require exactly such discretion.

Case in point, the following options for use of Letters to the Devil were recently added:

http://www.satannet.com/lttd/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=287482&an=0&page=0#287482

http://www.satannet.com/lttd/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=287490&an=0&page=0#287490

Both of these can enhance your secure use of LttD, and are just another illustration of why we are about the individual, not about cutting corners where it counts.

Forum Stats
12021 Members
73 Forums
43831 Topics
405244 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements