First and foremost, I would like to thank Magister Ventrue for granting me permission to post this newsletter here on LttD!

August, XL A.S. (2005 C.E.)

Greetings,

Welcome to the first installment of Rusted Nails: The Official CoffinRust Newsletter. I don’t know how often these things might be published, but they’ll serve as a convenient way to keep up with my shenanigans. Below you’ll find updates and reminders – all of the links open in new windows and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask. Also, feel free to tell me what you think about this first attempt at a newsletter.

· Dragon*Con / Art Crawl

Dragon*Con will be taking place in Atlanta, Georgia from September 2nd – 5th, 2005. Although I was in the official Dragon*Con Art Show in the past two years, I will not be in it this year – instead I will be participating in the Art Crawl at the Convention.

The artists involved will either have their work displayed in a Conference Room (which is where I should be – and I’ll have prints available for sale) or displayed in several of the participating artists’ hotel rooms (which should prove interesting). Dragon*Con attendees will be taken on a guided tour of the Conference and hotel rooms to meet the artists and observe their artwork.

As of this writing some of the information at the Art Crawl link above is a little out-of-date. I’ve been informed that the Art Crawl itself will be on Saturday and Sunday nights during Dragon*Con, from 5pm until 10pm. The reception will be on Friday night, and there will be a door prize given which will include a little something nice that I’ve donated.

If any of the above information changes between now and the convention, there will be flyers all around the convention itself, which will have updated, accurate info. So, if you’re in the Atlanta area and are going to be checking out Dragon*Con, don’t hesitate to stop by my area in the Art Crawl and say hello.

· The Ghost

I’m proud to announce that I’ve done the cover art for the third issue of The Ghost, which is now available. To order a copy, send $8 (US funds) for the US, $8 (Canadian funds) for Canada, or $10.00 (US funds) for overseas, cash or a money order payable to Sonny B. to:

The Ghost
PO Box 1235
Sept-Îles (Québec)
G4R 4X7
Canada

· Space 301

My piece entitled Autumn’s Echo, which won a People’s Choice award at Space 301 in Mobile, Alabama, will continue to be on display until September the 10th, 2005. So if you’re in the Mobile area, please swing by the gallery and check it out.

· ArtisticDevil.com / Daniel Byrd @ ArtisticDevil.com

My gallery at ArtisticDevil.com has been updated to include more artwork as well as an updated biography. Treat yourself with a visit to this website, which features dozens of artists who share an interest in the macabre for you to peruse.

· Sigil of Baphomet Altar Plaques @ CoSEmporium.com

I’ve been very happy with the success of these Altar plaques so far. If you’d like to add a new level of aesthetic to your Altar, or anywhere in your lair, click the link above and I’d be delighted to create one for you. I will do my best to get it to you in a timely manner, but it is very important for me to get these as accurate as possible to the official CoS Baphomet, so your patience is greatly appreciated and will be rewarded with a fine finished piece.

Additional Places to View My Art:

· DeviantArt.com
My DeviantArt account, featuring some art not posted on my regular website, as well as sketches and roughs.

· Lust Magazine
ADULTS ONLY - Go to “Dark Visions,” some of my erotic art is at the bottom of the “Carnal Art Gallery” area.

Thank you for your time, and attention.

- Daniel Byrd
CoffinRust.com

PS: I’m cooking up a special treat for Halloween. Keep an eye out for updates on this; you’ll be very glad that you did.

CoffinRust.com | On Facebook | On Undercroft | The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography

The Church of Satan Baphomet Altarpiece
The ONLY Altarpiece endorsed by the Church of Satan, using the Trademarked CoS Sigil of Baphomet.
A percentage from each piece sold is proudly paid directly to the organization for this privilege.
Do not accept imitations!