Topic Options
#117941 - 08/18/05 04:21 PM A Question on the Satanic Funeral.
Klogg Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, Ca
I was just wondering today if I had to be a CoS member to have the CoS perform a Satanic Funeral. I'm getting ready to deploy here and we are being asked to get a Will done. I know the military will pay for my funeral if i die in combat or during service. So I thought maybe i could get a Satanic Funeral. I'm not a member, so I dont know If would need to become one before I can request a Satanic Funeral.

Your insight will be greatly appreciated.

#117942 - 08/20/05 08:41 PM A question regarding your question. [Re: Klogg]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
It seems to me that if you are interested in the Church of Satan enough to want to plan for having members say something after you are dead, you might wish to join that organization now while you are still alive.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are actually asking but I must admit I do think your priorities seem a bit reversed.

Why are you seeking a eulogy from the Church of Satan when you are not a member yourself?

#117943 - 08/21/05 03:36 AM Re: A question regarding your question. [Re: Nemo]
Klogg Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, Ca
I was asking out of curiosity. What Iíve realized from reading TSB and ďSatanic RitualsĒ as well as learning a little about the different rituals that are performed by the CoS, I was curios about how one of these rituals would be performed if they were to be conducted by the core member of the CoS. My understanding is that even tho the text is used as guidelines, an individual or group can contribute their own personalization. Because not every altar is the same. Not every room is configured exactly the same. Because of this, Iím curious as to what a funeral conducted by the CoS would be like. Sure it wonít matter if Iím dead, because I wont be there to experience it. But while on the subject of preparing a Will for our deployment, the idea ran thru my head.

Since Iím not a member and Iím not involved with a group which performs rituals. I donít know how these rituals play out in real life, aside from text. I my self am still learning and discovering my abilities with Magik. I also donít have an altar. I havenít yet joined the organization because right now Iím so focused on my military life. When I first picked up a copy of TSB I was interested in joining. I looked for a local group in which I could become involved but it never happened. Now that Iím in the military Iíve been much more focused on the philosophy side of Satanism. I think simply because of the environment Iím in. To me being a Satanist in the military has been more about how I act and present my self, then being able to perform rituals.

I want to make clear that I donít attempt to fabricate a personality amoung my peers, but instead Iím more aware of how I present my self, which I believe itís an important thing to do as Iím growing and developing my character. Itís for my own personal edification.

#117944 - 08/21/05 02:03 PM Re: A question regarding your question. [Re: Klogg]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Quote:

To me being a Satanist in the military has been more about how I act and present my self, then being able to perform rituals.

That perspective seems perfectly sensible to me.

I'd like to note that joining the Church of Satan isn't about finding people to do rituals with. It is, among other things, a personal expression of solidarity with and appreciation for an organization and other individuals that share your Satanic worldview. It's "casting your lot in with the Devil."

Meeting with other Satanists and such is not required or expected. That tends to happen organically, due to 'mutual admiration,' as well as shared interests, locales, and objectives. We expect Satanists to be focused on their own lives and ambitions.

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405804 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements