Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#11834 - 09/07/03 08:50 PM Re: Hi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

There is a seperate one for members only

Thank Satan for giving Rev. Venture the insight for that one!

#11835 - 09/07/03 08:58 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Dreamwalker Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs
It seems to me that most people (or at least a whole lot) have had sex with more than one person, regardless of religion. Certainly not behavior exclusive to Satanists!

#11836 - 09/07/03 08:59 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pretty damn good, since you're asking!

I think that most people (regardless of religion) have sex with more than one person -- that is not a purely Satanic quality or requirement.

If you are uncomfortable with something then don't do it

Quote:

A woman would be more likely to share my feelings, since for her, sex is internal and physically alerting.

Well, by your statements I guess I am not a woman then, damn and I was so sure!

Sex is a personal thing: what you like, how it makes you feel, your motivations for having sex with someone, who you choose to have sex with, etc etc.

You should not base or formulate your(sexual) ideas (or identity) on what anyone else thinks about sex.

And, yes there is a difference between just having sex and making love with someone.

#11837 - 09/07/03 09:11 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Obviously the nature of this post deals with a subject that has as many viewpoints as positions.
To put things simply, not all Satanists can be classified as you may see them. To each his or her own. I would recommend reading TSB and see if your misconception might clear itself up. I may be wrong but I do not recall anywhere in TSB that in order to be a satanist you must give up your monogamous relationship.

#11838 - 09/07/03 09:27 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Anonymous
Unregistered

At last a response that actually had something to do with the question asked!

Thank you Sultry Vamp.

#11839 - 09/07/03 09:39 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Taliana Offline

Loc: England
Apologies if I say something that's already been said ... I haven't read through the other replies yet.

"most Satanists have sex with more than one person"
I don't know about "most", but quite a few yes. Why? Because we like physical gratification.

"Not at the same time, of course, since that would be kinky"
lol ... I know that a few people here have participated in orgies and quite enjoyed it.

" I'm assuming that a person who supports the Satanic philosophy would experience more than one sex partner over their lifetime. That's something I'm uncomfortable doing because of my view of sex"
Rule One: If you're not comfortable doing something, don't do it. Rule Two: If you're comfortable doing something, then do it.

There is nothing in Satanic philosophy that says you have to have multiple partners, that you need to sleep around, or that you can't wait until marriage or a serious relationship. There is nothing in Satanic philosophy that says you can't just wait for the "right" person to come along.

But there is everything in the Satanic philosophy that says you do need to do what you feel comfortable doing.

Myself, I feel the same sort of way about sex that you put in your original post, that it's a a commitment to them and a bonding on many levels. For that reason I wouldn't have sex with someone that I wasn't serious about. At the same time, sex is also a purely physical act, and there's nothing wrong with wanting some physical gratification.

Meh, I'm just going around in circles now

You don't need to sleep around or have more partners than you can count. There's nothing Satanic about doing something you're not comfortable with.

#11840 - 09/07/03 09:39 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think most here felt you were pigeon-holing Satanist's and how they handle sex, so they spoke their mind.
There's nothing wrong with a little 'kink' - aslong as no one is hurt ...

Satanist's treat sex like any other person would.
To each their own, as long as it feels great and they are not hurting anyone against their will.

You are welcome.

#11841 - 09/07/03 09:51 PM Love/Sex
Blackheart Offline
CoS Member

Loc: England
Upon a second reading of your post, this part caught my attention:
Quote:

Has anyone made a distinction between having sex and making love?

I think (and I realise there may be spectacular disagreements on this point) that for most people, love is just a euphamism for sex. Sex is the main reason most people enter a relationship, and frankly they should be more honest about it - it would lead to a lot less divorces for a start!
Perhaps Satanists, being generally more emotionally sensitive than the average person, are more likely to honestly discriminate between love and sex.

From my own point of view, I have had sex, but I'm not sure I've ever been in love (I mean real, earth-shattering, passionate love). Perhaps such a thing as true love does not exist. Or maybe I'm just far too cynical for my own good

Bunny

Edited by evilbunny (09/07/03 09:55 PM)

#11842 - 09/07/03 09:53 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I'm asking because, and please correct me if I'm wrong, most Satanists have sex with more than one person. Not at the same time, of course, since that would be kinky.

I've had sex with multiple people at the same time (aka group sex, orgies, swinging, three-ways... ). Yeah, I guess some people find that kinky. So what?

For the record, my mate (a female) also participates in this, and likes this lifestyle just fine.

Are you implying that orgies aren't okay?

But I'm assuming that a person who supports the Satanic philosophy would experience more than one sex partner over their lifetime.

You know what they say about assuming. In any case, you're wrong. There's nothing inherently unSatanic about having a single lifetime sex partner, or for totally avoiding sex for that matter. Its the person's motives that are important here; do they find total satisfaction in one sex partner, are they happy not having sex? Likewise, however, forcing yourself to have only one sex partner due primarily to personal insecurities is clearly not Satanic.

That's something I'm uncomfortable doing because of my view of sex: as a total surrender to the other person, total commitment to them, and permanent spiritual, mental, and physical bonding.

Sorry, but that's called love, not sex. Total trust of another person is the state of pair-bonding love, not of sexual intercourse. If you feel like keeping the two in the same basket, great, but don't try mixing definitions. By this merit, I both love and have sex with my mate, but if at some future time sex is impossible, I'll still love her, and likewise if I fall out of love with her, I'll still have sex with other people.

What would you do if the person you've chosen eventually rejects you? Become a spinster? Join a convent? Sounds like you haven't planned this very well.

Has anyone made a distinction between having sex and making love?

I'd say that obvious enough.

A woman would be more likely to share my feelings, since for her, sex is internal and physically alerting.

If you're implying the act of penetration being the more intimate role, not only are you wrong, but you ignore the fact that homosexual and bisexual men, and just men with an affinity for anal sex, can also be penetrated.

So, lets summarize:

Sex is sex. Love is love. I don't see the two as even being more than superficially related, as in I would typify a pair-bonded love relationship as including sex. I am practically married, I have sex with multiple outside partners, so does my mate, we do this in all awareness, and probably less than 10% of our sexual activity would be characterized as "making love", but rather most of the time we are simply fucking for sheer pleasure and nothing more. Sex is fun. I like it, a lot, so I want it, a lot. I don't have to love someone to fuck them. In fact, most people I've fucked I didn't even like on a nonsexual level.

However, all of this leads me to wonder, have you actually read the Satanic Bible? It pretty explicitly states the Satanic view of sex, and if you missed that, you're hopeless.

#11843 - 09/07/03 10:29 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex? [Re: Sarracenia]
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is no definitive poll or survey but yes, I am inclined to think that most Satanists have slept with more than one person. But that is not to say that multiple partners are required or expected.

Let's not forget that Satanists are born and not made. There are young Satanists who have never had sex. And I'm sure many surveys have been done about this. Do you think the initial poster is the first since the year the CoS was founded to be concerned? This is the year 2003.

Quote:

Not at the same time, of course, since that would be kinky.

Why not at the same time? Surely there are a handful of Satanists out there who have indulged in a three-, four- or fivesome!

I'd tend to think you do not recall Anton LaVey's views on fetishim? I believe first comment was meant as sarcasm.

#11844 - 09/07/03 11:13 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Sarracenia Offline
CoS Member

There are young Satanists who have never had sex.

I was referring to sexually-active Satanists.

I believe first comment was meant as sarcasm.

If it was, then she did not make it clear. In the internet's emotionally-sterile environment, one must compensate for the inability to express sarcasm in voice patterns and facial expressions. An emoticon would have helped. Otherwise, that is just an unfounded assumption of yours.

ToV

#11845 - 09/07/03 11:54 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex? [Re: Sarracenia]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're right.

Context is everything. Unbound.

#11846 - 09/08/03 12:15 AM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
BlueMoon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
In my opinion, sex with only one person in a lifetime would be a waste of time.
I have found, that most people who just had one sexpartner after a while get bored, cause they miss something.
They often want to know, how it is to have sex with other people.

It was important for me to gain an insight in different sexual experiences.
That´s why I´m open for a monogam partnership now.

Promiscuity is a nice thing, as long as it´s your way of life and you are honest in your partnership.
If you would hurt the feelings of your partner, don´t do it or leave.
Cheating is so unsatanic!

Quote:

...a total surrender to the other person, total commitment to them, and permanent spiritual, mental, and physical bonding.

I think, this is not impossible even if you had several sexpartners before.

There´s a huge different between sex and love!
Sex with someone I don´t know, is just to satisfy my physical desire.
Making love with my mate is something special. It´s physical AND mental desire.

The highest rule for me is :
Do what you want to do, as long as you feel comfortable and as long as you don´t hurt somebody.

You decided to wait for Mr. Right, before having sex?
That´s absolutely ok and not against the satanic philosophy.

Find me on MySpace...

[color:"silver"]Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
~ Harvey Fierstein[/color]

#11847 - 09/08/03 01:12 AM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
LutherSnow Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The 47th Parallel
LeviathanXIII,

Curious,

…Have you ever visited South Florida -- Broward County, …Fort Lauderdale to be more specific…??? If not, by all means, GO!!!!! I had the pleasure of spending last winter there (And also had the distinct pleasure of leaving too!!) There are some great “Clubs” in the greater Fort Lauderdale area (Such as nearby Pompano Beach) that I know you would enjoy immensely based on your comments in this post!

Picture this: A beautiful young lady in her mid to late twenties, blonde, blue eyes, with an incredible physique approaches “you” and very politely asks, “…Would you like to fuck me like an animal while my husband watches?!” …To which without hesitation I replied, “Why of course!!!!!!!!” …So off we went, and yup, her husband watched! …Never did get to finish my drink come to think of it!!!

===================================

#11848 - 09/08/03 01:12 AM Re: Love/Sex [Re: Blackheart]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

From my own point of view, I have had sex, but I'm not sure I've ever been in love (I mean real, earth-shattering, passionate love). Perhaps such a thing as true love does not exist. Or maybe I'm just far too cynical for my own good

“Chemically speaking love is no different than eating large quantities of chocolate”- Al Pacino, The Devils Advocate

Your post reminded me of this quote

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404439 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements