Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#11849 - 09/08/03 02:06 AM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Shiva Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
I'm asking because, and please correct me if I'm wrong, most Satanists have sex with more than one person.

I think it would be fair to say that most people, Satanists or not, have had sex with more than one person. Judging by the statistics, the days of marrying one's "first love" and living happily ever after are long gone.

Not at the same time, of course, since that would be kinky

Uh-oh. You're going to love how I must answer your question if you consider multiple partners to be a bad thing.

Have any of you felt this way? Has anyone made a distinction between having sex and making love?

Yes and no.

It sounds to me like you are equating emotional love with the physical act of sex. That's okay, some people like their relationships that way. I myself have never cared for the whole concept of monogamy.

First of all, I don't believe in total commitment or surrender to anyone. That doesn't mean that I don't love or care for my companions dearly, it just means that I'm unlikely to take a bullet for them or compromise myself if I'm uncomfortable with something.

Besides, I'm polyamorous, having both a legal husband and an acknowledged lover. That probably sounds kinkier than it actually is, but it does make reserving physical and emotional attentions to just one person rather difficult.

I also don't put too much emotional stock in the act of sex. I've had many, many sexual partners and yet have only been in love with four of them over the course of my lifetime. Sex to me is recreational. It feels good, relieves tension, and generally makes for a pleasant evening. I won't deny that it is extra-pleasant while doing it with someone I happen to love, but I by no means restrict myself to that requirement.

"The ugliest of trades have their moments of pleasure. Now, if I were a grave-digger, or even a hangman, there are some people I could work for with a great deal of enjoyment." - Douglas Jerrold

#11850 - 09/08/03 04:36 AM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you are truly interested in Satanism as an option to explore, the first thing you should do is read the literature, not post a bunch of questions already answered in the books to a board.

The Satanic Bible is a pretty easy read, and will answer most of your questions. If after reading it you still have questions, I think most of the others on this board would be more than happy to answer them and not reply to you with a response like "It's obvious your not a Satanist, why are you here?".

A lot of the replies you are seeing basically amount to a RTFM (Read the Fucking Manual), which, in my opinion, is the first step to exploring, especially with all of the great resources available to you in your local bookstore (or Amazon.com for that matter). People will naturally be impatient with you if they feel that you haven't done your homework before coming to ask a bunch of questions.

The best thing you can do for yourself is run to Borders, pick up the Satanic Bible, and read it. Then come back with questions.

Just trying to help,

-- Ron

#11851 - 09/08/03 08:56 AM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's nothing wrong with a little 'kink' - aslong as no one is hurt ...
You forgot to end that with "Unless they're into that".
(picks at the scratches)

#11852 - 09/08/03 09:15 AM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex? [Re: LutherSnow]
NaamahPink Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Kentucky
I knew there was a reason Leviathan and I wanted to move to FL in the long run. You really must tell us the name of these wonderful clubs. I am suddenly feeling as if I could use a vacation to a wamer climate, perhaps Ft Lauderdale.

#11853 - 09/08/03 09:25 AM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
CPayne Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Fargo, ND.......no, it's not l...
I'll refer you to a post I made a few months back: Why I Don't Like Sex. T'is a view of differing tastes than most people here. Is there anything wrong with that? As pretty much everyone else already said, "Nope, not a thing." If you want to make it with one person for the rest of your life, or 10 willing people at the same time, or never have sex again as long as you life, go for it. Whatever floats your boat.

Me, I'd rather get tied up, sliced open, and jerked off........but you probably didn't want to know that. Then again, if you didn't want to know, you shouldn't have asked

#11854 - 09/08/03 12:50 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Quote:

Hello all! Please excuse me if I'm being a bit forward, but would any of you be willing to share with me your opinion of sex?

It's quite fabulous, I think!
Quote:

I'm asking because, and please correct me if I'm wrong, most Satanists have sex with more than one person. Not at the same time, of course, since that would be kinky.

Eh, it's only kinky if you do it right . I can't speak for everyone here, but I have had more than one partner...a few of my encounters have been with more than one woman at the same time. And that was all BEFORE I re-discovered Satanism.

Quote:

But I'm assuming that a person who supports the Satanic philosophy would experience more than one sex partner over their lifetime. That's something I'm uncomfortable doing because of my view of sex: as a total surrender to the other person, total commitment to them, and permanent spiritual, mental, and physical bonding.

I'm gonna repeat what everyone else said: if it makes you feel uncomfortable, don't do it. It's that simple. To do otherwise wouldn't be Satanic.

Quote:

Have any of you felt this way?

I've been in the swinging lifestyle for several months now and quite frankly, it's getting old. Satanism is all about self-respect, self-empowering, self-acceptance, self-etc. and I've finally accepted that I'm just a big ol' softy romantical type with some tendency toward sexual deviance (as I said, it's only kinky if you do it right and let's all admit, KINKY IS FUN! ).

Quote:

Has anyone made a distinction between having sex and making love?

Yes. I've felt both, and by far prefer the latter.

Quote:

A woman would be more likely to share my feelings, since for her, sex is internal and physically alerting. Therefore I am especially interested in the opinions of the female Satanists out there.

I believe the others may have warned you ahead of time, but do not make such sweeping generalizations.

I can totally respect you wanting to know more about Satanism. But really, what you should do is go to your nearest bookstore and buy (and of course READ) The Satanic Bible. Then after reading it, you'll either know you're a Satanist or you'll realize that you're not (which will most likely be the case judging from your posts). For all I care - either way is groovy .

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#11855 - 09/08/03 01:09 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex? [Re: NaamahPink]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Now everyone can see the kind of thing I put up with every day.

She wants to move to Florida for the chicks...who says men think about sex all the time?

#11856 - 09/08/03 03:54 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Blackheart Offline
CoS Member

Loc: England
This quote just entered my mind:

"It is better to be unfaithful than to be faithful without wanting to be."
- Brigitte Bardot

Words of wisdom indeed

Bunny

#11857 - 09/08/03 03:57 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex? [Re: BlueMoon]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[You decided to wait for Mr. Right, before having sex?]

Yeah, How did you guess?

[Thatīs absolutely ok and not against the satanic philosophy.]

That's good to know. I was beginning to feel guilty for not having sex...how ironic is that?

disclaimer: both of these questions were rhetorical questions.

#11858 - 09/08/03 04:14 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Are you implying that orgies aren't okay?]

I wasn't implying anything. That kinky part was just a funny joke, I was trying to give you guys a good laugh. I'm going to add a smirking instant graemlin after the word "kinky" to make that more apparent, since most people don't understand my sense of humor. Oh, the trouble my quirky sense of humor has gotten me into.....

Cleopatra

#11859 - 09/08/03 04:51 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, Ron. I know that there are tons of books about sex, the how toos, step by step instructions, but this is not what I was looking for. I was looking for how real Satanists personally view sex. What better place to get this than a Satanic message board?

If you have any book recommendations for me, besides the Satanic bible, please let me know, I much enjoy reading. By the way, I have read the Satanic bible. But it was a few years ago and I no longer have my copy so I will buy another one soon.

Cleopatra

#11860 - 09/08/03 05:23 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[I think most here felt you were pigeon-holing Satanist's and how they handle sex, so they spoke their mind.]

I wasn't trying to pigeon-hole Satanists. I would never attempt to pigeon-hole Satanists since they are very individualistic.

Although...I did assume that Satanists know alot about sex. If that was offensive to anyone here I'm sorry and hope that they'll cut me some slack since I'm new here.

Cleopatra

#11861 - 09/08/03 05:36 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[I'd tend to think you do not recall Anton LaVey's views on fetishim?]

Fetishim? What's that? Wait! Don't answer that! I have a feeling I don't want to know.

You're talking to someone who just found out what masturbation was a few years ago. And although I figured out what sex was when I was 15, it took another 5 years before I found out what oral sex was. You can safely say I've led a sheltered life.

The first R movie I saw was "The Matrix 2, Reloaded" So as I said, sheltered life.

Cleopatra

#11862 - 09/08/03 05:45 PM Re: I was just being cute. [Re: Sarracenia]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you are talking about the "kinky" reference, yes, that was sarcasm and I have recently added a smirking face to clear that up. Yes, I agee that since we can't see facial expressions I shouldn't have assumed you guys would know I was joking. Even the people who can see my facial expressions often don't catch that I'm joking. Lesson learned.

Cleopatra

#11863 - 09/08/03 10:07 PM Re: How does a Satanist feel about sex?
sCara Offline

..and we care about any of this because...?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12099 Members
73 Forums
43863 Topics
405472 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements