Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#120438 - 09/06/05 04:09 PM Re: Why did Anton LaVey write the Satanic Bible? [Re: chimera]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Blasphemy?
To enjoy Uckingfay with Xtans?
To clarify, even to himself, his philosophy/beliefs?
To let you read the thoughts of The/a Satanist to see if they resonated?
Because he was bored watching the Tap Dancing Monkey??
???

Those are my five tops reasons for anything I ever do.

#120439 - 09/06/05 05:17 PM Re: Why did Anton LaVey write the Satanic Bible? [Re: Max Rose]
Stev2 Offline

I think it was written because it is something that humanity needed after a collective ritualization of mental masturbation and non-sense for an un-needed collection of years (*yawn*). It bascially cleared the stage for stronger thought hence a better world. Besides-"The Satanic Bible", I think that speaks for itself. Dr. LaVey was the appointed man to do this and was born into that blessing as an anti-hero. Everything happens for a reason.

It also serves as a great foundation for an organization that is The Church of Satan. Which humanity at large would benefit from.

It is just part of Santa's plan.

#120440 - 09/06/05 06:45 PM Re: Why did Anton LaVey write the Satanic Bible? [Re: Stev2]
UmbraeNoctem Offline
Banned

Loc: Barksdale AFB, Louisiana, USA
Quote:

Everything happens for a reason.

Can you elaborate on this?

Alien Elite.
Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#120441 - 09/06/05 07:25 PM Re: Why did Anton LaVey write the Satanic Bible? [Re: UmbraeNoctem]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Everything happens for a reason.

Can you elaborate on this?

I am curious to hear an elaboration on this as well.
Are you referring to the philosophical concept of "cosmos" -
e.g. Thalo's proposals?

Or, perhaps Synchronicity - will to power, etc.?

HS!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#120442 - 09/06/05 09:01 PM Re: Why did Anton LaVey write the Satanic Bible? [Re: Max Rose]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Magister Nemo and Rev. Svengali have both given pieces of the puzzle. But your whole question is hung up in false dichotomies.

It's also worth remembering that, from what I understand of the circumstances surrounding the SB's publication: the Church of Satan existed before the Satanic Bible did, by a couple of years. An associate recommended LaVey write a Bible on the assumption that it would have a mass audience already waiting for it -- especially people who had been following the activities of the nascent Church already, either because it piqued their curiosity or for more prurient reasons. Basically the Doktor was guaranteed great royalties if he made something that was accessible to the layman, that was salacious, and that defied expectation just enough and in just the right way to make people pass it along. So there was a clear revenue incentive.

Does that mean the book is insincere? Of course not.

Your question assumes that either you exploit people, or you are a sucker. That either you change the world for direct material gain, or you do it for some lame Good Guy reason. Either you know someone deserves kindness, or you treat them as an ingrate. That power means insincerity. That elitism means keeping to yourself.

Above all I think you're failing to see the "third side". This "power" vs. "benevolent" stuff, you have to get over that.

If you think the elitism espoused in the SB is exclusive with a general compassion for the frustrated Everyman, you need to read the book again. (Who do you think the "elite" is, anyway?!) If you think the scope of the Complete Environment is limited to interior design, you need to rethink that. (Can it include your culture?) And if you don't understand the difference between an aristocrat's taking and an artist's giving as different kinds of elitist relationship with the masses, I'd urge you to consider it.

Just a thought. Those who had the honor and privilege of knowing him might correct me if I'm on the wrong track.

#120443 - 09/07/05 08:16 PM Re: I didn't see your post... [Re: DunkelTeufel]
DunkelTeufel Offline

Loc: México D.F.
OOHHHH now i get it... hahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahaha... oh well... I don´t know if laugh or cry...

#120444 - 09/08/05 11:35 PM Actualization! [Re: Max Rose]
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
The Satanic Bible is the synthesis of many sources, consisting of an amalgam of bedrock philosophy, reactionary indignation and magical actualization.

The Satanic Bible contains mountainous upheavals of rage coupled with lascivious lust and emotional compassion…and it served the purely selfish desire of the man who wrote it. Most people think of magic and ritual as being a thirty minute exercise with one concise end that justifies the means, but if those same people were to consider that being a magician extends beyond the dim, smoky ritual chamber and the limited time of a half hour to exert the Will…they might understand just what Anton LaVey accomplished.

Anton LaVey established his immortality within those pages.

“Ask not what Satanism can do for you, instead ask what you can do for Satanism…then do it…the rest will naturally fall into place.” That is my take on what Anton LaVey was swirling around in his gray matter as he scanned the archives of history and cast his unfaltering gaze out into his contemporary surroundings. Sure, he might have gained notoriety for founding the Church of Satan, yet he did not rest on a moment of fame alone. He endeavored to triumph in spades!

I doubt if he gave much concern as to whether other Satanists would “compel” themselves to fall in line with the wisdom he manifested, realizing instead that those who are, would do so regardless of his work! I do not think that his compassion extended a hand to help as much as a banner to rally around, a shield to defend with and a sword to slash and poke with. Some passages in the Satanic Bible call for the scales to fall from the eyes, but that is more of an “atta-boy” to those with the predisposition rather than a call for the world to fall in place. I am fairly certain that the adage about teaching pigs to dance would interject nicely at this point.

To sum up my above opinions, Anton LaVey wrote the Satanic Bible to smash hypocrisy a good one in the nose, knowing it is an anemic and a hemophiliac. He did not want to change the entire world all at once rather he created his standard and left it for the world to do with as it will…the rest will take care of itself. His Will was done.

So Mote It Be!

#120445 - 09/11/05 06:33 PM Re: Why did Anton LaVey write the Satanic Bible? [Re: UmbraeNoctem]
Stev2 Offline

That falls into questions like: "why are we here?"

We can observe events and how they came to fruition but it's not always easy to find the root of origin of such queries.

I think things start to get "miraculous" or "magical" when our carnal minds can't trace back to a birth of something important or to a pivotal point of a grand and elaborate scheme. Kind of like reality folded on itself and we can't see the reasons behind why things happened- a naturally occuring stage trick.

There is a logical reason for everything.

"It's all in the mind"
-Yellow Submarine

#120446 - 10/23/05 01:31 PM I was in error with regard to your intentions. [Re: Max Rose]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
I was going to post this in reply to my posting here but the thread was closed.

As I mentioned this thread there, I decided this would be the best place to state my error in my judgement of your intentions.

Just recently you met with other members of the Church and I was kindly informed that my negative perception of your intentions were in error.

I trust the judgement of a few and when they meet someone in person I trust their judgement even more - and certainly more than what I can determine in this one-dimensional medium!

I therefore apologize to you here, in public, for drawing the wrong conclusion with regard to the intent behind the kinds of questions and topics you have been posting here.

I can only assume that as a consequence of your meeting with at least one Church official you probably will find that your own concerns have been greatly reduced.

We really are what we claim to be.

Now you are probably discovering this to be true.

Sincerely,

Nemo

#120447 - 10/23/05 04:46 PM Re: I was in error with regard to your intentions. [Re: Nemo]
BlackPhilosopher Offline

Loc: A nordic place draped in snow
Well, this guy has certainly show how he is able to doubt everything and how many on this board were up to defend the Doktor Lavey and the COS. My only problem with the locked thread is that his attitude was certainly one of someone who doubt only for the fun of doubting. But if he did the effort to meet COS official representative, maybe he was serious.

#120448 - 10/23/05 06:46 PM Re: I was in error with regard to your intentions. [Re: BlackPhilosopher]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Quote:

But if he did the effort to meet COS official representative, maybe he was serious.

He was serious. He asked, and his questions were answered to his satisfaction. And that's really all that needs to be said on the matter.

#120449 - 10/23/05 07:06 PM Re: I was in error with regard to your intentions. [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
BlackPhilosopher Offline

Loc: A nordic place draped in snow
Quote:

He was serious. He asked, and his questions were answered to his satisfaction. And that's really all that needs to be said on the matter.

So let it be.

#120450 - 10/24/05 03:15 AM Re: I was in error with regard to your intentions. [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Tex_Talionis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Amarillo, TX
I'd just like to say that this response, the two threads, and Magister Nemo's apology go to show that those with a true sense of pride and good ego _can_ admit when they are mistaken; as well as proves yet again that the COS is an orginization with upstanding individuals and THE REAL DEAL.
Citizen Infernal Empire
Test Everything.

"We live in deeds not years.
You can be what you will to be."
-General George S. Patton

"The things that come to those who wait may be things left by those who got there first!"

#120451 - 10/24/05 11:01 AM Re: I was in error with regard to your intentions. [Re: Tex_Talionis]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
I agree completely.

#120452 - 10/24/05 11:48 AM Re: I was in error with regard to your intentions. [Re: Nemo]
Max Rose Offline

That's really okay Magister Nemo. I am really just glad to be finally convinced to the core of who I am and what I have found. I agree that this text form of communication is extremly limited in conveying expression, and since so much of communication comes from the way it is communicated, it is perfectly understanble how misunderstandings can occur.

Yes, the CoS really is the real deal!

HAIL SATAN

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12283 Members
73 Forums
43883 Topics
404450 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements