Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#123345 - 06/29/06 06:39 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
The military usually lowers its standards for one reason, being undermanned.

In the Marines all the fat bodies seemed to fade away after being put on a working party for a month until their paper work has finished. It was sort of nice and I had no sympathy for their lack of self-maintenance.

However, in non combat units I saw a few fat bodies walking around with some hefty bars on their collars. Which just reenforced my distaste for non combat occupations (I do have a nasty ego).

Women in the Marines have a different physical fitness test they must pass. In my opinion it was not any lower than the males test, just reconfigured to better suit a female. However, males and females are tested separately and females are unable to join the combat arms.

As for equality and females being able to fight along the side of their male counterparts, I am against it. I am not against it because I am sexist or arrogant. I am against it because the productivity of the troops would be drastically lower and the type of black mail that would ensue would be absurd. Maybe it would work if our current society was more disciplined. It is unwise to stick females in the middle of a war zone surrounded by stressed out young men.

Romance inside a tank in a combat zone is not good for a mission's objective.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#123346 - 06/29/06 08:20 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: Colonel_Akula]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I work full time, thanks. 7:30 to 3:30 every day sometimes weekends. I pay rent. And I don’t get it all back when income tax comes around. You have a lot of misconceptions about students and my opinions on "free" healthcare.

How about a different perspective.
---
Imagine yourself, making around 50k a year, you also have a wife who stays at home to look after your, very young, daughter and is pregnant with another. You don’t drink, you don’t smoke and you save up your money as much as you can. You love your job and it gives you a lot of benefits, such as 30% off dental, 80% off medications and just for shits and giggles, you have health insurance covers (your premium is $10,000 a years plus $4,000 per extra family member). Imagine your daughter (two years old), whom you love more than anything in the world gets very sick, say a collapsed lung due to something very unknown to you at the time (turns out it was a mass of tumors).

Ambulance costs: Covered.
Emergency room cost: Covered.
Emergency open chest surgery on a baby, to remove tumors and save lung: Not covered: $15,000

Same year, your child trips and breaks her leg, doctor can’t fix it. Guess what, another surprise! She has a false joint in her leg, she’s going to get leg braces. Uh oh, her leg wont heal, guy who made her leg braces reports you to child services because he thinks you are abusing her. More test! Well lucky you, the doctors found out she has weak bones, you are not going to have to deal with social workers. However, she has to have surgery on her leg. Luckily the leg braces are covered, however the surgery isn’t. You fork over $5,000.

Now your wife has to go in for a c-section, this baby is perfectly healthy, never needs surgery, and she only has to go to the emerge a total of four times in her life. She gets one EEG and a CAT scan. Nothing serious, just friendly advice to not ingest certain items to avoid seizures and migraines. You are relieved. You spent a total of $500 on her by the time she reached 18. She now pays for her own medical.

You older daughter reaches the age of eight. She has had some test in the past years, mostly covered by your insurance. Had minor surgeries, such as her tonsils taken out, that was covered. She starts experiencing severe pain for no reason. Congratulations, your daughter has Cancer. She also has a rare condition that makes chemotherapy impossible. Your insurance doesn’t cover most of it. You’re now seriously in debt due to all the bank loans you took out to save your little girl. Your health premiums went up as well.

Oh yeah, and you yourself have developed a few health problems due to aging and consuming too much sodium each day or something.

So fast forward to her being 21, graduating from college (she had straight As all through highschool). You were curios as to how much your bright child “cost”. They send you the paper with the total amount of money every single procedure cost since she was an infant, up to the time you are now sitting in the audience watching her graduate. As she grabs her diploma and smiles at you and walks off the stage to hug you. You think to yourself.

“Yes, she is definitely worth 1.2 million* dollars.”

But its ok, you didn’t have any government support, no one’s taxes helped. You managed to be able to get a nice $700k debt (after of course your insurance company gave you the finger) before you decided to prostitute your wife and youngest child. You refused all charity and other help from anyone, just so you wont have to be one of those “needy” and “weak” people. You would have rather seen that money going in to support more military funding and the new energy program instead of your own daughter (who is a producer, not a consumer).

There, a different perspective. Now, how would you view our “free” healthcare after going through all that? How would you feel in that situation? Would you let your kid die? Would you send her to low quality hospitals to save money? Would you still hate the idea of free healthcare? Would you call your other daughter “needy” because she is glad her sister is alive?

I love my free healthcare, I couldn’t care less who else was being covered by it because I have my sister (except for of course people who need medical attention as the result of their own choices, such as sports injuries or people getting ran over by cars as the result of them not paying attention). And no, I am not one of those hippy -feminists-anti-military chuds who demands everything to be free. I am strongly against welfare and subsidized housing. So you can stop quoting “free” and then saying “stuff”. I only said I love my free healthcare, mainly because of loved ones.

Edited by tovasshi (06/29/06 08:22 PM)

#123347 - 06/29/06 08:56 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: tovasshi]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
"I love my free healthcare."
Once again, it is not FREE.
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#123348 - 06/29/06 09:09 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: Magister_Lang]
tovasshi Offline

I know it is not free. It is subsidized through our taxes. It is just commonly refered to as "free".

#123349 - 06/29/06 09:25 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: Minus]
S_Magazine Offline
CoS Witch

If you are familiar with the model, you will know the first round fired takes a double-action trigger pull and the rest pull with a lighter single-action.

I'm sure there are probably regulations written to cover this, but practicing cocking the hammer as the weapon is drawn seems like a logical solution to me.

Edit: Nevermind. I tried this with my Sig this morning and it's a bit more difficult than I thought.

Edited by Mitt_Camp (06/30/06 12:23 AM)

#123350 - 06/29/06 09:25 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: tovasshi]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

They may be free for you, but somebody else is paying for them. - Anton Szandor LaVey, The Devil's Notebook

#123351 - 06/29/06 09:33 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: Colonel_Akula]
6kaiza6killa6 Offline

Loc: Lemuria
My granddad had an issue down here in australia when he tried to get a job at a certain place and they said they can't employ him, it's for the 'aboriginals' only and he said 'that's racist' and they said no it's not... the system down here trys to say ok if aboriginals want to be equal then we'll give them a wider variety of job prospects to do so...

#123352 - 06/29/06 09:40 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
tovasshi Offline

I pay taxes, therefore I pay for it. I will pay more taxes later on, therefore I will still be paying for it.

It is not "free" it is just called "free".

This isn't an item or welfare we are talking about. This is someone's life. Someone I love. Someone who contributes back. Someone who isn't a leech.

self preservation

#123353 - 06/29/06 09:53 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Colonel_Akula Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: The North
Well put brother!
"We are evolutionaries in the purest sense of the word. Spiritually and intellectually we are transcending a world grown rotten and we are transvaluing values, because for us, the highest value is irrefutable."

"Delay is like Death"
Peter the Great.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
Orwell.

#123354 - 06/29/06 09:54 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: 6kaiza6killa6]
Colonel_Akula Offline

CoS Reverend

Oh don't worry...we have that here too.
"We are evolutionaries in the purest sense of the word. Spiritually and intellectually we are transcending a world grown rotten and we are transvaluing values, because for us, the highest value is irrefutable."

"Delay is like Death"
Peter the Great.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
Orwell.

#123355 - 06/29/06 10:00 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: reprobate]
Colonel_Akula Offline

CoS Reverend

I do have knowledge of this fact. My club routinely trains both soldiers and cops in self defense and they routinely bitch about the double fitness standards.

I would not waste my time were it otherwise and the comments made on this board by actual military personnel and police officers (there have been at least four) seem to back up my comments. And honestly, I will take the word of an actual serviceman and cop over one from the cloistered halls of "higher learning" any day.

"Delay is like Death"
Peter the Great.

Orwell.

#123356 - 06/29/06 10:07 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: tovasshi]
Colonel_Akula Offline

CoS Reverend

Then don't call it free...your comments will carry more weight.

"Delay is like Death"
Peter the Great.

Orwell.

#123357 - 06/29/06 10:09 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: reprobate]
Colonel_Akula Offline

CoS Reverend

So you are saying that you honestly believe television? Those arrests were little more than a show parade to clean Canada’s stained slate. Launching a terrorist attack takes time, training and resources. 9/11 was years in the making and many of the terrorists used Canadian passports to travel, scout and otherwise skirt the tighter US security net.

And no we have not been on top of things. 9/11 had to happen before we woke up and gave opur best half-assed attempt to stop it. My contacts in the RCMP are livid at the current situation right now, specifically how little attention is paid to terror cells operatingg in Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa. And just so you know, the “cell” arrested in Brampton two weeks ago were little more than children aged 14-19 who blabbered to their friends about their plans…..hardly top drawer terrorists.

But hey, we are doing a good job…after all…I saw it on television.

"Delay is like Death"
Peter the Great.

Orwell.

#123358 - 06/29/06 10:23 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: Colonel_Akula]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

And honestly, I will take the word of an actual serviceman and cop over one from the cloistered halls of "higher learning" any day.

Likewise, I'd rather take the word of an actual servicewoman than some guy off the Internet, whatever "School of Hard Knocks" cred he claims for himself.

We both have to say, "I heard it from somebody else." So let's drop it.

Edited by reprobate (06/29/06 10:28 PM)

#123359 - 06/29/06 10:31 PM Re: A Satanic nation. [Re: pitzi_83]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

What do you think a satanic nation should be like?

Now I have read all these posts : a terrible mess

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406007 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements