Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#123547 - 09/24/05 05:14 PM gay marriage
Krupa Offline

Loc: Rockland County, NY
yesterday i overheard people in the local 7-11 debating gay marriage. it wasn't really a debate because no one was speaking in their defense, they were just bashing gays. i diden't feel like wasting my time with these idiots so i just left the store
but it got me thinking, why is this even an issue. in a country where people should be free, and all the shit about oil, bush and his war, bla bla bla. why would anyone care who marries who.
one observation, not to my suprise, they were all wearing a cross, a symbol of incompitance and ignorance.

#123548 - 09/24/05 05:21 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Krupa]
Phenylalanine Offline

Loc: Michigan
As a homosexual, I find it increasingly difficult to justify the idea of any marriage and not just gay marriage. In my opinion, marriage should be a contract between any two people and it should be left at that. There should be no religion behind it, no "magic moments" and certainly no perks outside of sharing resources legally.

Of course, that's just me. I'm sure there are some gays and lesbians that still want the white wedding.

#123549 - 09/24/05 05:25 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Krupa]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Honest answer...I think some people think same sex marriage trivializes marriage. It goes like this..."How can my marriage be holy or important if anyone can do it?"
It's pretty messed up, but I think that's pretty much what it is.

It is the same with race in the 1950's. "How can drinking from that water fountain be important if anyone...inluding one of those...can drink from it?"

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#123550 - 09/24/05 05:27 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Phenylalanine]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Quote:

In my opinion, marriage should be a contract between any two people and it should be left at that. There should be no religion behind it, no "magic moments" and certainly no perks outside of sharing resources legally.

Yes...and may I add that the contract should be temporary, extendable if both parties are in agreement?

Welcome to the board, by the way.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#123551 - 09/24/05 05:42 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Krupa]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
As I tend to see it, homosexuals frighten many people because they constitute a nonconforming "other," and to boot, an other whose "otherness" is primarily defined by and interlaced in sex and gender , a pair of often complex, uncomfortable, and taboo topics. Many homophobes aren't even too sure about their own sex lives and the "strength" of their own genders, so of course gay people scare them, especially since gay people often seem to be having a lot of fun flaunting their disregard for traditional boundaries and taboos.

Besides that, many people think that people will only fulfill their social obligations and fit into their social roles if they are absolutely forced to do so. Gay people mix up the boundaries and mess up the roles, so those folks reason that if we tip our hats to gays, eventually, no one will want to fulfill the social duties of husband, wife, child, father, mother, man, or woman, and society will collapse. Irrational? Yes. An actual concern people often hold? Yes.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#123552 - 09/24/05 06:29 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Krupa Offline

Loc: Rockland County, NY
thats the same way my wife and i agreed. you are indeed a very intelligent person.

and thank you for welcome
i am glad i came to this board

#123553 - 09/24/05 06:34 PM Beating a fossilized horse corpse to dust... [Re: Krupa]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
The topic of Gay Marriage keeps popping up on this board from time to time.

My question is: What does this have to do with Satanism? Do you think because the Christians oppose something, that means Satanists should automatically be in favor?

Satanism is a religion of Individualism and I'm sure each Satanist has his own personal opinion on this topic.

i diden't feel like wasting my time with these idiots so i just left the store

In that case, why did you bring the discussion here? Is our time even less valuable?

#123554 - 09/24/05 06:37 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Phenylalanine Offline

I like that idea, actually. No more "Till death do you part". Well, you know what I mean.

Thank you!

#123555 - 09/24/05 06:41 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Phenylalanine]
Powaqqatsi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hungary
Quote:

marriage should be a contract between any two people

Why only two people? What if I want to marry three girls and one or two of them is already a wife of someone else, and we all decide that we would like to live together as a really big, happy family?

The issue is I think that the common people doesn't know what a marriage is. It is just a custom for them. "It is the way it always been", they think. It's just another goodguy-badge for them to show how normal they are.

#123556 - 09/24/05 07:16 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Krupa]
ghostgirl Offline

Loc: Orlando... FL
It is the never ending morality... the brainwashed victims of christianity... Does it make any difference to them personally if gay people want to get married?? Will it harm them in any way?? Of course not. They want to be heard voicing the moral opinion of thier society. It makes them feel... normal. Its familiar and much easier to just agree. They would all jump off a cliff if the moral majority and thier God thought that was the 'right' way..... ghostgirl

#123557 - 09/24/05 07:39 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Krupa]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
Because they want it to be an issue.

Just another reason for annoying people to be annoying.
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#123558 - 09/24/05 07:46 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Phenylalanine]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Quote:

As a homosexual, I find it increasingly difficult to justify the idea of any marriage and not just gay marriage. In my opinion, marriage should be a contract between any two people and it should be left at that.

...I like the sound of that.

Our High Priest has a slightly different take on this, here, but I personally find the whole marriage thing anachronistic. I think that if men were the only people involved in the equation, save for religious zealots, marriage would be no more binding than a domestic partnership arrangement. But ladies like weddings. The fact that I think something like two thirds of the same-sex couples in Massachusetts and Vermont (civil unions) that actually got married were female seems to add credence to this opinion. That's not to say that men don't enjoy and/or value their weddings, but, traditionally, it's been all about the girls.

#123559 - 09/24/05 09:30 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Krupa]
uncleherpe Offline

Most of the time, people who talk like that just think gay sex is ICKY. It makes them UNCOMFORTABLE. Its pathetic, and they cant say they think it should be illegal because of that, but honestly I think thats the cause 90% of the time.

#123560 - 09/24/05 10:02 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Powaqqatsi]
Phenylalanine Offline

Not that I haven't thought about that. Contracts between more than one person could be feasible.

But silliness aside, you're right; nothing says "Look, we're normal!" than having a man and woman together no matter how much they hate each other.

#123561 - 09/25/05 01:39 AM Re: gay marriage [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Quote:

Honest answer...I think some people think same sex marriage trivializes marriage.

And meanwhile, being married by an Elvis impersonator in a 24hr wedding chapel= sanctity.

These people are fools.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Forum Stats
12164 Members
73 Forums
43923 Topics
405752 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements