Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#123653 - 10/03/05 04:34 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Maninblack]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Quote:

"Conservative/christian media"?? What on Earth is that? The only media that fits that description is the christian "Trinity Broadcast Network" and I would venture to say no one posting here wastes any time watching that. I see the predominate media as very liberal.
I am in agreement with you, BoiAndrogyne, that there is a "panic" about this facet of education. My daughters both brought home permission slips to be signed before they could sit in on the sex-education aspect of Health class. And being very interested in this, I was able to deduce that (right here in Texas!!) the classes were very unbiased, courteous, and educational, with no mention of "limb insertion" or such nonsense. Is there now a "Sex-Ed Panic" among Satanists that rivals the "Satanic Panic" among christians in the 80's? I would surely hope not.

I am not sure about panic.

However, though the Satanist may choose to watch what he wants, if anything at all, one should remain aware that the media is the new God for the masses. It is now what gives them their values and sets the precident they aspire to live by.

It is a tool. And it is the tool by which the government and its minions surreptitiously drip-feeds the masses with the messages it wants to instil.

It is simply and undeniably the method (especially in America) by which the essentially Christian government perpertrates its agenda.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#123654 - 10/03/05 04:46 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Maninblack]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
I see celebrities who are political liberals mocked by an "Infotainment" media, which is conservative and largely "Christian", as telling people how to vote. I hate Bono as much as the next guy, but for different reasons than Rupert Murdoch and his War Against Unbiased Journalism does.

On a similar note, I largely disagree with Michael Moore's methods and determination to create a counter-propaganda to FOX-News and the like, but I can also see why he and his methods are necessary in the United States today.

Personally, I'm a fan of NPR.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#123655 - 10/04/05 12:14 PM Re: Yeah but... do they reall want to marry? [Re: Old_Pig]
LightSnake Offline

Quote:

I know gay people who don’t think gay marriage is a good idea.

For what it's worth...the nastiest comments some of my fellow 'mos have come up with:

"Maybe they ought to legalize gay marriage, but not gay divorce. Then see what happens."

"I think I have to oppose it. The major highlight of a marriage is that there's supposed to be this wedding dress with a long, white train. It just _wouldn't be a REAL wedding without the DRESS!_ What the FUCK are people thinking??!"

--LightSnake

#123656 - 10/04/05 01:37 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: VKat]
Phenylalanine Offline

Loc: Michigan
That is a very valid argument; I can certainly see where someone would use that as a serious rebuttal.

It seems to boil down to socioeconomics versus politicopsychology.

#123657 - 10/04/05 02:25 PM Insurance Reasons [Re: VKat]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
"If they legalise same sex marriages then the insurance companies will have to start insuring same sex partners as dependants. That would burn a hole in their bank account"

Many companies offer health benefits for Domestic Partnerships.
People have to pay to be part of the program but it still
costs less than going out-of-pocket to buy the insurance alone.

#123658 - 10/04/05 02:56 PM Re: Insurance Reasons [Re: RandomStranger]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
Quote:

"If they legalise same sex marriages then the insurance companies will have to start insuring same sex partners as dependants. That would burn a hole in their bank account"

Many companies offer health benefits for Domestic Partnerships.
People have to pay to be part of the program but it still
costs less than going out-of-pocket to buy the insurance alone.

I have looked into a lot of insurance companies and have never seen anything stated out right for Domestic Partnerships, but I never asked. I know that since some states still have common law marriages. The insurance companies will have you notarise a paper saying you have been living with the person for X amount of months. However I assumed that was only for male female since I have never seem common law marriage applied to the same sex.

#123659 - 10/04/05 03:31 PM Re: Insurance Reasons [Re: VKat]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
The insurance we get at work does offer insurance for domestic partners. The sex is not specified...it can be same sex.

Personally, I think the insurance thing is simply an excuse. The truth is, to allow same sex marriages is political suicide.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#123660 - 10/04/05 04:47 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: YoungSoulRebel]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

I see celebrities who are political liberals mocked by an "Infotainment" media, which is conservative and largely "Christian", as telling people how to vote. I hate Bono as much as the next guy, but for different reasons than Rupert Murdoch and his War Against Unbiased Journalism does.

On a similar note, I largely disagree with Michael Moore's methods and determination to create a counter-propaganda to FOX-News and the like, but I can also see why he and his methods are necessary in the United States today.

Personally, I'm a fan of NPR.

go see micheal moore hates america. Its really worth it to see both sides of an argument. I dont think hes necessary at all!

The guy making the movie is very patriotic, which is kind of annoying but he gets the point across. It also features an interview with penn gillette! how friggin cool is that?

anyways..I dont see the media as liberal or conservative. It seems to change with whatever people want to see at the time, and what channel you are watching. One brand of bs isnt any better than another.

and for the person who brought it up... I watch trinity broadcasting because its hilarious. Did you know yoga lets the demons in?

#123661 - 10/04/05 05:10 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: uncleherpe]
Maninblack Offline

Loc: Garland, Texas
Quote:

...and for the person who brought it up... I watch trinity broadcasting because its hilarious. Did you know yoga lets the demons in?

Absolutely. As any "demonic" eastern practice would !! I've watched for pure comedic relief myself. My reference to it earlier was the ridiculous supposition that someone here might watch it seriously
Jan Crouch (Jeez...I know her name!!) is the new era Tammy Faye only with a monstrous Dolly Parton wig to accent the ghoulish make-up.
Hoisting the Chalice, In the Name of Satan!! Man In Black "Sensitive souls have reacted with shock to the elemental drama of life on this planet, and one of the reasons Darwin so shocked his time - and still bothers ours is that he showed this bone-crushing, blood-drinking drama in all of its elementality and necessity: Life cannot go on without the mutual devouring of organisms...each organism raises its head over a field of corpses, smiles into the sun, and declares life good." Ernest Becker, "Escape From Evil" "I often write about the fact that everything here in the universe seems to eat and get eaten, and we need to pay attention to this. The idea of the Eucharist is that when divinity passes through this universe, it, too, gets eaten." Matthew Fox (Psychology Today, Sept./Oct.,1993)

#123662 - 10/04/05 05:21 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

However, though the Satanist may choose to watch what he wants, if anything at all, one should remain aware that the media is the new God for the masses. It is now what gives them their values and sets the precident they aspire to live by.

It is a tool. And it is the tool by which the government and its minions surreptitiously drip-feeds the masses with the messages it wants to instil.

It is simply and undeniably the method (especially in America) by which the essentially Christian government perpertrates its agenda.

First of all, well said Warlock.
I always enjoy your cut-to-the-chase, no-bullshit perspective.

If you are interested in more details of the "why and wherefore" of this scenario, I would highly suggest reading up on Marshall McLuhan.
He has composed a lot of information on the "TV generations", and his theories include the digression from sequential/linear thought into contemporary/non-linear thought.

I would also suggest James A Winans, who I believe was the first to really study audience psychology and mass behaviorism.

HS!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#123663 - 10/04/05 05:41 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: uncleherpe]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
See, there's a distinct difference between hating America and hating the people in currently charge and "getting the point across" is different fro stating unbiased facts.

I think Penn Gilette is just as cool as the next person, but he's also an entertainer, first and foremost. He's good at what he does because of his high charisma stats and his ability to hold people's interest.

...and if you really think the media is a reflection of the people rather than vise-versa, then you underestimatethe how many of the masses choose not to exercise their right to think for themselves.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#123664 - 10/04/05 06:03 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Maninblack]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

Quote:

...and for the person who brought it up... I watch trinity broadcasting because its hilarious. Did you know yoga lets the demons in?

Absolutely. As any "demonic" eastern practice would !! I've watched for pure comedic relief myself. My reference to it earlier was the ridiculous supposition that someone here might watch it seriously
Jan Crouch (Jeez...I know her name!!) is the new era Tammy Faye only with a monstrous Dolly Parton wig to accent the ghoulish make-up.

oh that chick with the pink wig!! aaah I know! shes always like 'look at the progress of the bazillion dollar hospital in ethiopia!" and I get kinda pissed because its way nicer than any hospital ive been in. why the hell does a hospital need leather couches??

I like jack van impe. If someone took a shit and there was a newspaper article about it jack could prove its a sign of the rapture.

----

boi- The title is a bit over the top, but its still a movie definatley worth watching.

Yes, I do think the media is more of a bitch to the masses than the other way around. After all, what is the media without anyone listening?

#123665 - 10/04/05 06:10 PM Re: Insurance Reasons [Re: VKat]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Domestic Partners aren't the same as "common law marriages".

Whatever route you take, make sure to be aware of the legal
implications before making your choice.

#123666 - 10/04/05 06:59 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Maninblack]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

" Is there now a "Sex-Ed Panic" among Satanists that rivals the "Satanic Panic" among christians in the 80's? I would surely hope not.

I would hardly call one person's opinion a "sex-ed panic". I haven't seen anyone else jump on that bandwagon yet.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#123667 - 10/05/05 03:13 AM Re: gay marriage [Re: dragondancer]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
No, never saw that movie, but I'll see if I can't get a view sometime. It just seems obvious to me that the two issues that are most important to the common American, terrorists and gay marriage, (incidentally what got our current president elected, fighting terrorists abroad and gays at home) are the two things I just can go ahead and not care about. These are the things that are being paraded around as this decades boogie men, so why bother fretting over it?

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

Forum Stats
12154 Members
73 Forums
43917 Topics
405731 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements