Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#123683 - 10/09/05 07:40 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Krupa]
BlackPhilosopher Offline

Loc: A nordic place draped in snow
Gay marriage is quite a good dilemma as far as I concern. I'm not surprised by the fact that some people are still bashing on this issue simply because there is something unatural to that. Marriage represents legally the union of two persons. The question is why should two persons want to unite themselves, to procreate nd found a family, no? To populate the world they know? A kind of conquer over the natural elements and the other animals? A plain survival instinct? If marriage is defined like that, then how gay marriage can be justified? Two people of the same sex cannot reproduct, (unless they are asexual, a exception I'm not aware humans are capable of), sure they might be able to grow children from a poor country, in a better way that they would ever expect uf not being adopted by a same sex couple. And how is it different then people who adopt poor children because they are enable to have childrn (Angelina Jolie!!). Ok, but these people are natural exception, and I have difficulty to believe that gays are. But at the extreme, everyone is homosexual, they still have to fuck with the other sexe to breed and make their kind survive, an instinct which will probably be stronger than any sexual taste. And is it possible that any of these homosexual with find no pleasure compare to their necessary sexual aventures with the opposite sex?

Why people who love homosexual sex just doesn't call their homosexual partner friend? Law are for the society, and homesuxal activities cannot make the society last, even more the human race. Why should it be legalized?

#123684 - 10/10/05 12:59 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: BlackPhilosopher]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

Quote:

How about someone reccomends not getting married to an idiot? Or getting married to someone that you can deal with? Or waiting a few years before marriage?

That would be much better advice, much more realistic as well.

Gender is just so... meaningless to me.

How about not getting married at all? Is it a sin?

thats fine too.theres tons of people I know who shouldnt have gotten married in the first place.

#123685 - 10/10/05 02:46 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: BlackPhilosopher]
Helian Offline

Loc: Chicago
The answer to your question, assuming it wasn't rhetorical, is that marriage -isn't- defined that way. It may be that most who marry also reproduce, but the elderly, the sterile, and those who simply don't want children are also allowed to marry. Making the ability to biologically reproduce a necessary condition for the legal validity of marriage would be more of a revolution in law than letting homosexuals marry each other. I see no reason why marriage can't also function as a celebration of dedicated carnality (monogamy) and domestic happiness. Being gay, of course, I may be biased. I also see that the question is one on which reasonable people may disagree, but arguments of the "marriage is about reproduction" ilk are nonstarters because they ignore a large number of marriages already recognized as valid.

#123686 - 10/10/05 04:59 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: Helian]
BlackPhilosopher Offline

Loc: A nordic place draped in snow
Quote:

I see no reason why marriage can't also function as a celebration of dedicated carnality (monogamy) and domestic happiness.

How monogamy can be legalized and even more proclaimed as a way of life knowing that no homogenous couple will ever reproduce? At the extreme, this is certainly not viable, since all humans die. Sure it is possible to make children without the copulation of a male and a female. In an Huxley scenario, children are created in a manufacture, just like cars or whatever products. But in such scenario, there is no homosexual monogamy either (In fact, even monogamy is not legal).

Quote:

It may be that most who marry also reproduce, but the elderly, the sterile, and those who simply don't want children are also allowed to marry.

Sure. Maybe that should also be questioned. Maybe marriage is just a promise of sexual exclusivity. I certainly doubt it was its initial definition. But I agree that this is certainly a good definition for our present area.

All in all, I have nothing against gay marriage. But I certainly find a couple which cannot reproduce a social abberation, whatever the cause of this abberation is.

#123687 - 10/10/05 07:26 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: BlackPhilosopher]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

How about not getting married at all? Is it a sin?

Yes. Marriage is one of the Sacraments of Christian religion. That mean it is mandatory for every Christian to get married (in order to spawn more Christians)

There is even a punishment reserved for men who died unmarried, according to Christian lore, they are condemned to tie bundles of sand with a rope in Hell for eternity... or something like that.

#123688 - 10/10/05 08:35 PM Social Aberation? [Re: BlackPhilosopher]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

All in all, I have nothing against gay marriage. But I certainly find a couple which cannot reproduce a social abberation,[sic] whatever the cause of this abberation[sic] is.

WTF? There are many people who marry and do not reproduce. Why should anyone find that to be a social aberation? Why should it be anyone else's business whether a couple procreate or not. (Any variety of couple you want!) If I married now I would not have children, does that make me a social aberation? Foolish, maybe, but an aberation? I think not! It's not like this world has a shortage of people, that's for sure!

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#123689 - 10/10/05 11:39 PM Re: gay marriage [Re: BlackPhilosopher]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

All in all, I have nothing against gay marriage. But I certainly find a couple which cannot reproduce a social abberation, whatever the cause of this abberation is.

arent we as satanists 'socal abberations'?

I think marriage is most of all a promise, but put on paper for all the world and the government to see and recognize. Wanting to be with someone forever is a beautiful thing. Its not super useful or practical, but I still think its sweet. If it has meaning to the two people involved I really dont feel like judging it at all.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Forum Stats
12011 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405204 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements