Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#125380 - 10/04/05 04:02 PM The concept of "Strong"
Lord Xolothi Offline

Loc: Italia
Greetings to all
I am an question.
What's are exactly the concept of strong for the Satanic Philophy?
In which measure one can judge himself like strong or weak?
Hail to all Satanist.
HS

#125381 - 10/04/05 04:45 PM Re: The concept of "Strong" [Re: Lord Xolothi]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Strength can come in many different forms, but ultimately, being strong is about being able to survive and thrive in life, that is, being able to conquer obstacles and problems, and indulge fully in life. Any number of qualities, traits, or abilities can endow one with or allow one to exercise superiority or strength, so obviously, it's not *just* about being in tip-top physical shape. (See my signature for more information.)

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#125382 - 10/04/05 08:07 PM Re: The concept of "Strong" [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Laren Offline

Loc: Australia
I love strength.
I love having it, I love gaining it, and I like seeing others use it.

Personally I would define 'Satanic Strength' as strength in all areas of life, physical, mental and emotional. Be the best you can be.
I consider myself strong because of the large amount of crap I've been through , especially with highschool... I survived it, I graduated, I have learnt more about human behavour there than any scientific fact could tell me.
Thats more than some of my peers were able to do. I am also physcially stronger than most females my age and above, I always have been and I love working out and maintaining this...
Also strength of will. Very important. I knew I was going to graduate, I knew there would be alot of crap to get there. No two ways about it. It was going to be done. My will kept me alive.

Strength means survival.

#125383 - 10/04/05 08:59 PM Re: The concept of "Strong" [Re: Laren]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Quote:

Strength means survival.

Well put. No matter what else you may have or may think you have in life, you're just plain fucked if you can't survive and that's all there is to it.

#125384 - 10/04/05 10:04 PM Re: The concept of "Strong" [Re: Lord Xolothi]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Can you do what you want to do? Have what you want to have?
Can you protect what you love against those who would take it away?
Are you master of yourself? (This is not the same as being no one else's slave)

This is strength.

#125385 - 10/04/05 11:14 PM Re: The concept of "Strong" [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Strength is not necessarily absence of weakness. Everyone has weaknesses, the important thing is to be able to overcome them, or turn them into an advantage if overcoming is not possible. Self overcoming, this is strength.

#125386 - 12/07/05 06:46 PM Re: The concept of "Strong" [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

What does strength mean to me? Strength is the eternal flame that burns inside of me; that flame of pure passion for life. It is a force of initiative to be the best I can be. It is my audacious desire to make the most of my life. It is my ability to achieve the goals I set for myself and the responsibility I choose to have for my own life. Satanism is my strength, but moreover, I am my strength, and I am because I choose to be. My strength is my willpower, it is my soul, and it is the power of the God that I am.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#125387 - 12/07/05 07:01 PM Re: The concept of "Strong" [Re: Barb]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

Strength is the eternal flame that burns inside of me; that flame of pure passion for life.

Am I only dreaming? Or is this burning an eternal flame?

#125388 - 12/07/05 07:54 PM Re: The concept of "Strong" [Re: TrojZyr]
Lilithflower Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
I think Satanic strength is also about a strong personality: Be yourself, don't allow others to tell you what to think or how to live, learn from your own mistakes and become the best that you can be. To quote another corny pop song:
"If I fail, if I succeed,
At least I lived as I believe!"

Be your own wo/man, your own god -and as much as some people might hate you, they will respect you. More importantly, you will respect yourself.

#125389 - 12/07/05 09:00 PM Re: The concept of "Strong" [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I think strength of will is the first and most important. All other kinds of strength derivate from that one.

#125390 - 12/07/05 09:26 PM Re: The concept of "Strong" [Re: Lord Xolothi]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Strength is when life knocks you down and on your way back up you smite life back with all your force! It is when you view your hardships not as problems, but as challenges that will make your life better in some way.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#125391 - 12/08/05 12:18 AM Re: The concept of "Strong" [Re: Lilithflower]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
The first page of www.churchofsatan.com says "were looking for a few outstanding indiviguals". I think that means strong in every aspect you can strengthen. Thats how I operate.

#125392 - 12/08/05 07:10 PM Concept of "Fishing"... [Re: Lord Xolothi]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
I suspect...

and the game is not aquatic...

Why must one ask a question such as this?
Someone needs to know how to be strong?

#125393 - 12/08/05 07:15 PM Re: The concept of "Strong" [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Strength is whatever it takes to win, whether its brute force, clever thinking, gratuitous displays of T&A, or any combination thereof.

Simple as that.

#125394 - 12/09/05 06:41 AM Re: The concept of "Strong" [Re: Old_Pig]
pitzi_83 Offline

Loc: Israel
Quote:

I think strength of will is the first and most important. All other kinds of strength derivate from that one.

The most logical answer I found here.

I think that different traits can turn powerfull willed persons into
certain title baring entities. for instance, add imagination and
ampirical thought and you might end up with a genious.
add charisma and manipulation, you might end up with a leader. etc...

(Sure, it takes more then that, but those seem to be the basics. the "cookie dough" [misspell?])

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406363 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements