Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#125967 - 10/09/05 10:37 PM Re: Gems from the Dead [Re: Ortrud]
DDEVILS7DAUGHTER Offline

Loc: CO
Thank you!!! I agree. I haven't been able to let go of my mom or my daughter... This would be perfect.. Always keep them near...
ddevils7daughter

#125968 - 10/10/05 12:01 AM Re: Gems from the Dead [Re: DDEVILS7DAUGHTER]
the_poison_elf Offline

Loc: Auburn, Maine, USA
I remember hearing about this a few months ago. I looked it up and it's a rather interesting idea, in my mind. As a general rule I dislike funerals and most of the rituals people go through for death. My family was pressed into an elaborate open-casket funeral and evangelical speech when my grandmother died. The reason was that it had been her express last wishes for how her death be handled, and noone really cared about it enough to disrespect that desire or the other family members.

Redardless of this, I do believe that most people psychologically require some way of dealing with the death of someone they know and care for, and I don't feel that there's anything wrong with that. The desires of the corpse-to-be should play some part in this, as should the friends and family's. If turning a person into a handful of diamonds works, then why not? If they want to be fired out of a cannon, go for it. Mummified? Sure.

Short version: I don't find this any more ridiculous than any other act it would replace/augment.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12221 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406144 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements