Topic Options
#126184 - 10/10/05 02:33 PM Missing Avatars
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Suddenly, I can no longer see a user's avatar, including my own.
Pictures embedded in a post are also not visible.
Attachments and the Background logo can still be seen.

This issue occurs with both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
I've checked all of my user settings in LttD,
and also my browser settings. They are all correct.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Suggestions/solutions are greatly appreciated!

HS!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#126185 - 10/10/05 02:52 PM Re: Missing Avatars [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
When you go to "Your Home" and select display preferences, are you sure you have checked "Yes" where it asks you "do you want to view other user's avatars?"

There are two boxes to check. One for profiles and one for posts.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#126186 - 10/10/05 03:02 PM Re: Missing Avatars [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

When you go to "Your Home" and select display preferences, are you sure you have checked "Yes" where it asks you "do you want to view other user's avatars?"

Yeah, they are both checked.
I haven't switched these settings in over a year, but I did double-check (and triple-checked now after reading your post!).

It's all quite odd.
The avatars just started disappearing a few days ago.
Yesterday, I could see a few avatars - but only from Non-CoS-members' posts.
Today, nothing.

Thanks for your prompt reply, warlock.
(by the way, I see your book now has an official release date. Excellent, and congrats!)

HS!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406363 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements