Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#12676 - 09/25/03 11:55 AM Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

Though I have never personally met any other Satanists (the fact that I assisted a friend of mine in the realization of his Satanic nature doesn't count here), I have noticed several stereotypes among the "teenage" Satanists, myself included (I declared Satanism four years ago, when I was a highschool freshman).

These stereotypes involve the general activities and/or mindsets of the individuals. The most obvious and most common stereotype is the rebellious teenager who never really grasped the concept of Satanism, nor bore the desire to be one. They go about spouting how bad and heretical they are, but most of it is a front to piss off their parents. This is true, as many teenagers have intentionally gone out of the way to piss off their parents, though not necessarily in the above-said manner.

The other stereotype of the teenage Satanist is the heavy-metal /punk goth. I see kids at my school every day who bear the baphomet pentagram on their clothes, their backpacks, and I can't help but wonder if they truly know what it means to be a Satanist. I would ask them if they knew, but sometimes I don't think it's even worth the effort.

Because of this degradation of the Satanic infrastructure, and because it's a good topic (albeit, I've pissed off a lot of people with my speeches) to speak or write on, I've taken it upon myself to educate people my age, and sometimes older, about Satanism. To my dismay (because I was hoping to be suprised...but, I wasn't), the ONLY resistance to my words were christians. Non-christians, especially true Wiccans (in the same sense as Wiccans who aren't claiming to be such for rebellious purposes only) atheists, and Buddhists, are much easier to the flow of knowledge I have offered. Even then, there exists (this suprises me) a brand of christian who is reasonably intelligent, who is open-minded, and who understands the truth behind the lies regarding Satanism. But, these individuals are the same ones who believe that I am fated to become a christian eventually. But, atleast I have an audience.

In addition to my above rant, I must note also that only my closest friends are aware that I am a Satanist. My family does not know, and I'm not sure if they'll ever know (as far as they are concerned, I am an atheist to them). I'll officially be 18 in about three months, and I can't decide if they should know when I move out of their home. Does anybody offer any suggestions or advice?

-Mike

#12677 - 09/25/03 12:03 PM Re: Satanic Youth
percevlaus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Read and Understand the Satanic Bible

#12678 - 09/25/03 12:07 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.” - Magistra Blanche Barton

#12679 - 09/25/03 12:07 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: percevlaus]
Cyndane Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ontario, Canada
It looks like he has a pretty good grasp already...and if he wants to 'educate' others, be it for attention or frustration or an "A" assignment in sociology, well, it's all allright.

#12680 - 09/25/03 12:28 PM Re: Satanic Youth
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

In addition to my above rant, I must note also that only my closest friends are aware that I am a Satanist. My family does not know, and I'm not sure if they'll ever know (as far as they are concerned, I am an atheist to them). I'll officially be 18 in about three months, and I can't decide if they should know when I move out of their home. Does anybody offer any suggestions or advice?

Is there any reason why you should feel compelled to tell them?

What sort of benefit could come from telling them?

How do you think they would react if you did tell them?

Even though you say you're moving out soon, do you want to risk cutting yourself off from your family should they react negatively to your telling them? You never know when a family member might come in handy.
Prevention of Virtue

#12681 - 09/25/03 12:30 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
Quote:

I've taken it upon myself to educate people my age, and sometimes older, about Satanism.

Why are you doing this? To what purpose?

Quote:

Why should they know?

I'm sure you have very intelligent answers for these questions. I think it would benefit you to further explain your actions if you are asking for advice and suggestions.

#12682 - 09/25/03 12:30 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Insurgent Offline
CoS Witch

My suggestion is to not worry about who knows and doesn't know the facts about Satanism. We're not a mass movement. It's not a religion for the many as far as every Satanist I've known can tell and so it's not necessary for the world to undestand us.

The people you have reported to educate are only those people who would educate themselves anyway, at least I think that is the case. You aren't changing anything and although your aspirations towards a more reasonable world are admirable they are just, well, pointless. We can only leave the door open but it will take them to walk through.

We simply can't show them the way because even when we do they never see it. The material is out there. You don't need to hand it out. If they will ever be capable of understanding, they will understand on their own. And thats the reality of it.

And as far as your parents go it's up to you. I nor anyone else here can tell you what you should do in matters like that because only you know your parents as well as their child would. However, in my opinion if you think that telling them will damage your relationship with them then it is pointless either way. And if they wouldn't be upset then there is still no point in blurting out "hey I'm a Satanist."

My family is mostly Atheist and I didn't announce it but they know because they are a part of my life. Your Satanism shouldn't be a family issue in my opinion.

Aside from all of that, you come off as literate and somewhat intelligent and so welcome to the board. Hope to see more from you.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#12683 - 09/25/03 12:33 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: LKRice]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very good point. I took that into consideration, which is the primary reason they don't know, nor will they likely ever know. Considering especially the nature of those in my family, such a declaration might, effectively, "excommunicate" myself from my family. And, it's not that I feel compelled to tell them, it was just something in the back of my mind. I've always considered what might occur if they found out by either accidental discovery or me outright telling them. It's not likely I'll ever tell them, anyways.

#12684 - 09/25/03 12:44 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Bogey_Man]
Anonymous
Unregistered

This may seem like an inadequate answer to the first question, but I do it because it's easy. It's not like I go about preaching "hey, what you think satanism is is wrong!". That would just be foolish. I've only ever sought to further the awareness of satanism if it would bring benefit to myself, and the two instances that it has were last year, in my English and Speech classes. I had a research paper to do, and my thesis was regarding sort of broad "truth" about knowledge, and the citations I used were from books such as Fahrenheit 451 and the Satanic Bible. The Speech project was one in which we had to "educate" our audience on something we took pleasure in. In my case, occult study, and my presentation was not so much "you don't know what satanism really is", but rather "you don't know what it isn't". I'm very uncomfortable with the fact that people associate the Columbine shooters and disruptive depressed teenagers with satanism when it is not the reality.

As far as my family goes, it doesnt matter too much to me if they know or don't know. But, I take the thought in mind much like if the father of a family puts food on the table and his family doesn't even know what he does for a living (or they know what he tells them). I completely recognize the few benefits and many drawbacks to them obtaining this knowledge, which is why it will be safeguarded and they will likely never know.

#12685 - 09/25/03 12:52 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Helotes, Texas. "Helotes" means corn!

While I do see what you are trying to say by "educating" people about Satanism, I must tell you that you are doing something....unnecessary.

Quote:

I'm very uncomfortable with the fact that people associate the Columbine shooters and disruptive depressed teenagers with satanism when it is not the reality.

People can think all they want. Hell, they will always say things. Calling someone a Satanist does not make them a Satanist.

Here is my main point:

Your primary goal in life should not be to make Satanism acceptible. Do not worry over what the rest think. There will be those who will not be fazed by mainstream propaganda. Those are Satanists.

How will we really benefit if the rest know what Satanism is really all about? If they want to know, the Satanic Bible is usually available to consumers. It's not hard to find.

Do not let things that don't matter bother you. Let that which does not matter, truly slide.

#12686 - 09/25/03 12:53 PM Witchy's Suggestion [Re: Bogey_Man]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Here is a suggestion:

Do not TELL them what Satanism is all about. SHOW them. Be the best you can be. Set an example.

#12687 - 09/25/03 01:05 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Bogey_Man]
Anonymous
Unregistered

lol, it's a very small city within San Antonio. To think we call ourselves Corn City!

I understand what you mean, and by all means, I recognize that Satanism is not mainstream, nor should progress be made to make it such. Perhaps it's just the whole development of myself, belief-wise, to have done as such. I remember ages ago (more like fifteen years) when my parents preached about how Marilyn Manson's music was evil. I was too young to make an opinion on that statement, and when I heard his music for the first time, I was convinced that if I like music like this, it must not be evil. Now, when I reflect on Manson's music, I think "Evil isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's all about perspective."

In truth, I know I could rant all I want to someone but if their mind is made up, they aren't going to be phased. Perhaps that's why debating with others my age is so much fun...most teenagers don't have their minds made up about anything. Besides, something just urges me to speak against a fellow teen who has claimed to "have found so much faith in the Lord", even if it won't do a damn thing. Just to be able to test the endurance of them and see where their merit stands is enough for me, and most often, if nobody changes from such debates, then the weakness and/or strengths of those involved are always revealed.

Plus, those God-Rocks t-shirts and Jesus fish bumper stickers kinda annoy me. Then again, this is Texas...

#12688 - 09/25/03 01:29 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

You seem like a bright kid. Someone who will definitely keep searching new knowledge. Don't waste this momentum.

Do not worry about Christianity. Christianity, Christians, and all that does not matter to you. Worrying your mind with this garbage will lead you nowhere.

There are so many things you could learn, think, and do without worrying your head with something as trivial as Christianity and Christians.

#12689 - 09/25/03 01:32 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
If Christian T-shirts and stickers annoy you, it's because let them. You pay attention to them! Why do you give them enough importance as to affect you. You shouldn't.

If you think Satanism is just "hating everything that looks Christian", then you'll be part of those same stereotypes you mentioned above. Satanism is a lot much than that!

Keep reading Dr. LaVey's books, and you'll find it for yourself.

#12690 - 09/25/03 01:38 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Old_Pig]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Far from it. I do not "hate" everything that looks christian, not at all. Not only have I read extensive texts on satanism, but on every other religion as well. I've read both the Satanic and Christian bibles numerous times because they are both enjoyable reads! It's not the fact that something is Christian, perhaps a t-shirt or bumper sticker, that annoys me. It's the presentation of their message, usually in some sort of brainwashing manner. But, you're right, I shouldn't let them get to me.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44435 Topics
407317 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold