Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#12691 - 09/25/03 02:00 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it's something that happens to every teenager if he reaches a certain degree of knowledge, it's only natural that he wants to show off that knowledge not only to others but to himself. It generally feels good when you can make someone drown in their own ignorance, and it kind of makes you "rise above" them. I know this because I used to be (and partially still am) that way. The problem with doing so is that if you do this to a wrong person, or in a wrong manner, or at a wrong time, it can backfire so much that any benefits you have earned from it would be ten times less then the problems you might encounter. A few times that this have happened to me, I've started suppressing these urges to express myself, and found that I in fact benefit more from people by using such approach. Taking one step further, you can actually change yourself to become the person they want you to be. I'm not talking permanently, just when you're around them. This greatly improves the rapport you gain with them, and the rewards will be much more beneficial to you.

Other then that, everything you say is like reading something I would have written 2 years ago.

#12692 - 09/25/03 03:15 PM Re: Satanic Youth
NaamahPink Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Kentucky
My personal situation is that my parents know that both I am my mate are Satanist, but they tend to ignore it. In other words, if it comes up, they quickly behave as if they don't want to hear about it. However, they do not treat me differently for it, though it is obvious they enterian notions that it will change.

Now at age 22, they are perhaps becoming frustated that it hasn't change, but if that is the case it is unvoiced. The larger effect I think it may have is that I wonder if they do not harbor a bias against my mate for being a Satanist, as I feel they may assume that it is his religious views that is holding me to mine. Obviously, they couldn't be further from the truth.

Although it hasn't done me any real damage to have told them, it has not benefited me either. If I had it to do over again, I might have kept it secret. As time has passed, I am begining to understand the importance of keeping certain information relatively private.

More than just your parents finding out your religion, when you keep telling people to whom it makes no real difference you are opening the flood gates for information to spread. If it is widely known amongst the community what religion you affiliate with then you may have trouble in the future obtaining employment.

Bare in mind that you don't have to make the descion just because you are legal age. In this case, it is much better to withold information than to make it known without understanding the full scope of such a descison.

#12693 - 09/25/03 09:24 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do agree to what your saying. I've just now come to grips on what this all means by having mentors and older wiser friends help me. I see people on the internet all the time saying how they are of a Satanic household, and how evil they are.
But in actuality they are no more than non believers of christ. I see people brandish the inverted pentagram, and wave it around as a banner to gain attention. I really wish stupidity was painful.
The town i currently reside in is full of mormons, christians, baptists, catholics, and one of my "friends" who claims he has all the books to the occult and the satanic witchery book and bible, which seems to always be at his cousins house whenever i'm over at his house. Funny isn't it?
All in all this town is so religious, ignorant, and misunderstanding by what they see on t.v. or in hollywood about satanic rituals and what not, have shielded their eyes from the truth and shown them things that the "normal" public would believe.
Ignorant F*ckers

#12694 - 09/25/03 10:32 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Citizen_Squish Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Magistra Blanche Barton

Try Robert Heinlein.

(or maybe Mark Twain...)

#12695 - 09/25/03 10:51 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Citizen_Squish Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

I have noticed several stereotypes among the "teenage" Satanists

Surely you mean teenage "Satanists." Or perhaps teenage pseudo-satanists.

Quote:

I see kids at my school every day who bear the baphomet pentagram on their clothes, their backpacks

Sporting a baphomet does not mean someone is a Satanist or even trying to be a Satanist. It is entirely possible that they have no idea of the religious significance, let alone the meaning, of the symbol.

Quote:

I can't help but wonder if they truly know what it means to be a Satanist.

I get that feeling sometimes when I read posts here in the general forum.

Quote:

I've taken it upon myself to educate people my age, and sometimes older, about Satanism.

Actually, you have taken it upon yourself to explain your perception of what Satanism is - which is probably not what Satanism really is.

Quote:

Non-christians, especially true Wiccans (in the same sense as Wiccans who aren't claiming to be such for rebellious purposes only) atheists, and Buddhists, are much easier to the flow of knowledge I have offered.

That statement causes me to seriously question that you know what you are talking about when you "explain" Satanism.

Quote:

But, atleast I have an audience.

Hungry for attention? Aww.

Quote:

Does anybody offer any suggestions or advice?

Yes. Stop trying to explain things to others that you yourself don't really understand.

#12696 - 09/26/03 12:36 AM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Citizen_Squish]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Although I'm not really into science fiction, I liked Starship Troopers. And Mr. Clemens is always worth reading.
But tell me, what has this to do with Magistra Barton's quotation?

#12697 - 09/26/03 12:55 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
When I was younger and just began to open the pages of The Satanic Bible and indulged in it, I felt the need to tell all of the "lost herd" of their own stupidity. Now, that I have aged and learned, I realize I was the stupid one. No matter how much I'd preach and contradict those religious extremists it was useless. Much of my youthful enegry was waisted when I could have used it to improve myself.

If a person truly wishes to understand our religion they will take it upon themselves to read up on it. (I too in the past had many heated encounters with Christians. I also had some vicious battles with Wiccans.)

As for the whole teenage thing. It's a strange time in one's life. Most of a teenager's thoughts are of fitting in, impressing, and rebeling (a form of impressing). Satanism to them is a means to piss off, irritate, and stand out. Others will see them as the black sheep. Which can be good, but not when it's to gain recognition. Either they grow out of it and find other avenues of standing out or they actually educate themselves about satanism. It's a trend to be a black metal satanist. What better way for youngsters to tell their church, their parents, their peers, and authority to fuck off. Besides, black metal music videos are always the most bad ass.

The reason so many label satanists as wanna be christians and devil worshippers is because of our very name. They see us as what I've already stated above. They will never take us seriously. Which is fine by me. Let them be blind. Their ignorance is my bliss. It will just keep them at bay.

As for informing others of your religion. The question is, will it benifit you. Some times telling a curtain person of your beliefs will make them keep their distance. It's all in the situation at hand.

Now telling your parents. Well, that's up to you.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#12698 - 09/26/03 12:59 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

If they truly care about you they would accept you. They may become upset but that should be the extent of it.

I'm not voting for you to tell them though.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#12699 - 09/26/03 01:03 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

I'm very uncomfortable with the fact that people associate the Columbine shooters and disruptive depressed teenagers with satanism when it is not the reality.

That's the nature of the beast.

#12700 - 09/26/03 01:14 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

I've read both the Satanic and Christian bibles numerous times because they are both enjoyable reads!

Good! You're on the right track. I may seem to loath christians when I post. Those tangents of mine are more or less just trying to prove a point. I'm surronded with christianity. My family has a very strong christian belief and I am the only black sheep. But I still love them and they love me as well. I will not hate a christian, just christianity's propaganda. Actions of a person speak louder than his words.

In the eye of the beholder, to each his own.

#12701 - 09/26/03 05:16 AM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Cyndane]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Montana, USA
It looks like he has a pretty good grasp already...and if he wants to 'educate' others, be it for attention or frustration or an "A" assignment in sociology, well, it's all allright.

It is solipsistic to expect others to understand Satanism. "Educating" others that are already too opinionated to utilize the element of doubt to further their understanding of reality, is a bloody waste of time. The real acid test of an individuals grasp of Satanic principles, is if they can figure it out for themselves, without being led, told, informed, or argued with. They either "get" it or they do not, and judging from the veterans of this board, it takes a fair amount of intelligence and questioning ability to arrive at the epiphany of Satanism without any "help" from the "outside". It is far more important (to me) to concentrate my efforts internally to comprehend Dr. LaVey's wisdom, for my own selfish benefit. As for the rest of the shallow-minded individuals that are incapable of grasping Satanism...Let them eat cake!

#12702 - 09/26/03 08:45 AM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Jack_Bauer]
RobertE Offline

Loc: Michigan
She was quoting either Twain or Heinlein, I believe it was Heinlein, unless he was quoting Twain as well in ST.
There is no Hank. You are Karl. Make your own list as you see fit. Eat as many wieners as you want, any way you want, even with a large group of consenting individuals if you want! Take pride in your wiener-eating. Make up large, elaborate ceremonies revolving around the kissing of your own ass, having them photographed and videotaped by the media if possible.

#12703 - 09/26/03 09:23 AM Opera and Bacon [Re: RobertE]
Professor_Sinister Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Actually as far as I know "..teaching a pig to sing..." can't really be credited to any one person as it is a common folk-saying (proverb), much like "you can't teach an old god new tricks".

(Oops -- I typed that last one wrong, but it's funnier that way, so I'm leaving it).

As for the main topic of this thread...

Recognizing one's Satanic nature for the first time can be a liberating experience, and the desire to share your awakening with others is not uncommon.

Sometimes, however, it is best to let sleeping Gods lie.

In such situations it is important to remember the first Satanic Rule of the Earth.

#12704 - 09/26/03 09:52 AM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: NaamahPink]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ahhh, but this is where I think people have gone on the wrong track about my words. I never once said that the people whom I have attempted to educate are aware that I am a Satanist. Surely they might suspect it, but I've also fought battles in the name of Wiccans and Homosexuals, and as far as I'm aware, nobody suspects me of being either, in which case I am neither. I am a Satanist, but if keeping such information secret were to benefit me, then it shall be.

This is why I have only told my closest and most trusted friends, mostly because they do understand the truth of Satanism (and by truth, I mean my perspective of, and every other perspective, of Satanism) and they are majority non-Christian (save for their clinging beliefs as to a universal "presence" of sorts).

#12705 - 09/26/03 10:04 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interesting that you say that...the first year of my rebirth into the beast was a shaky one. I was a fledgeling Satanist (atleast less experienced), a freshman in highschool, so of course I was careful to whom I let know. At that point, only my best friends know, and to this day, they are the only ones who know. To everyone else, I was practically an atheist. One incident occured in which, at lunch, me and some of those friends of mine who knew were having some discussion regarding "alternative" religions, when a very large black woman (I used to live in Virginia...whites were a minority) interrupted our conversation to bitch and moan at me about how because I was a non-believer I was going to hell. It was the sort of incident that the christian doesn't give you a chance to speak, so all I could really do was listen to her whining (I hadn't finished my lunch, and the cafeteria was crowded, so escape was not possible). Needless to say, when I did finally get past her, I was very angry in general.

Regarding "fitting in", I've found that by not trying, you make some of the best friends you'll ever meet. Even now, I don't speak of my Satanism with them, but I am just the same around them nonetheless.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44435 Topics
407317 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold