Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#12721 - 10/06/03 02:21 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

If the dude wants to preach let him preach.

It's not pointless if it brings him satisfaction to do so.

#12722 - 10/06/03 08:07 AM Your mum is a de facto Satanist
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Quote:

My mom is Satanist, she just doesn't know it. I casually bring up basic Satanic ideals during conversation CONSTANTLY. She always agrees, and I laugh a little on the inside and move on with the conversation.

Ahh, you're another who was blessed with a de facto Satanist for a parent. The key on how to break it to her is to get TSB and actually read it aloud to her...the way I broke it to my mother was I told her that most of what Dr. LaVey wrote in TSB was stuff she had been drilling into my head for years. I then proceeded to email her The Nine Satanic Sins and then she had an understanding of what it was really about.

So find something that specifically relates to her own philosophy, like Neitschze (sp?) or Ayn Rand and then point out where in the Satanic Bible (or any of A.S. LaVey's other works) it says something similar, if not the same. I just recently emailed Magister Nemo's marvelous essay "Satanism And Objectivism" to my mother - she subscribes heavily to Ayn Rand's philosophies, especially The Virtue Of Selfishness. At the very least, it'll show that our philosophies, while not without their fundamental differences, are extremely similar. At the most, she might see that she is ALSO a Satanist and make the switch (admission?) as I did. Either way, it'll make us closer, which can only be a good thing.

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#12723 - 10/06/03 10:34 AM Re: Satanic Youth
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Heh, someone who thinks *LaVey* is one of the scariest people to ever live, hasn't thoroughly studied the dark corners of history, or for that matter, watched enough TBN or Jackass.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#12724 - 10/26/03 01:29 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can totally see what you're going through. I've been a Satanist since I was around 12 but that was only because at a very very early age I could not bring myself to believe in a "god." Let me tell you that just doesn't go over well when you've being raised in a strict Catholic family.
I chose to read everything and anything I could so that maybe I could find something that I was missing and then I could join in this wonderful thing that everyone else around me was part of. I still remember being 11 the first time I read the Satanic Bible, I was hooked. Every word in it just made so much sense to me. It was so much more compassionate towards humanity than anything else I had ever found. I may have only been 11 but I already knew that I was bi-sexual, I have a homo-phobic father who thinks all "fags" should be killed. (Romans 1:24-32 get out your bibles, get a good laugh, and then take a leak on it) Some of us just don't fit into normal society and that's fine as long as we find others like ourselves so we don't feel so alone. You've done that, you found Satanism just as I did.
All of us who truely believe in the ideas of Satanism should realize how lucky we are. While most of the world is out living a lie, we know the truth. As Nietzche said, "any 'self-less act' which we expect to be repaid for in the afterlife in not self-less", as they do things not out of kindness but out of fear we are free to love truely to those who desirve it.
DatheR

"Unless you hate your father and mother and wife and brothers and sisters and, yes, even your own life, you can't be my disciple" - Jesus Christ, Luke 14:26

P.S. Tell them if you think they can handle it, if you think it will just hurt them wait until you are older and then maybe they will realize that you arn't just acting out but being who you really are.

#12725 - 10/26/03 09:08 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Valinda Offline

Quote:

Though I have never personally met any other Satanists (the fact that I assisted a friend of mine in the realization of his Satanic nature doesn't count here), I have noticed several stereotypes among the "teenage" Satanists, myself included (I declared Satanism four years ago, when I was a highschool freshman).

Its nice to have a friend to speak with. You can not assist someone into the realization of their satanic nature. My reasoning is that, this makes you the leader and he the follower. Satanists are not followers, you should have just given him texts to read and let him decide for himself, or is this what you have done?

Quote:

These stereotypes involve the general activities and/or mindsets of the individuals. The most obvious and most common stereotype is the rebellious teenager who never really grasped the concept of Satanism, nor bore the desire to be one. They go about spouting how bad and heretical they are, but most of it is a front to piss off their parents. This is true, as many teenagers have intentionally gone out of the way to piss off their parents, though not necessarily in the above-said manner.

There are always more "wana be bad asses" then Satanists in high scool. To many high schoolers go threw phases, and to have groups hanging out with each other advertizing and convincing others to join them is a clue.

Quote:

Because of this degradation of the Satanic infrastructure, and because it's a good topic (albeit, I've pissed off a lot of people with my speeches) to speak or write on, I've taken it upon myself to educate people my age, and sometimes older, about Satanism. To my dismay (because I was hoping to be suprised...but, I wasn't), the ONLY resistance to my words were christians. Non-christians, especially true Wiccans (in the same sense as Wiccans who aren't claiming to be such for rebellious purposes only) atheists, and Buddhists, are much easier to the flow of knowledge I have offered. Even then, there exists (this suprises me) a brand of christian who is reasonably intelligent, who is open-minded, and who understands the truth behind the lies regarding Satanism. But, these individuals are the same ones who believe that I am fated to become a christian eventually. But, atleast I have an audience

This will grow old and you will relize that there are more important things to do.

Quote:

In addition to my above rant, I must note also that only my closest friends are aware that I am a Satanist. My family does not know, and I'm not sure if they'll ever know (as far as they are concerned, I am an atheist to them). I'll officially be 18 in about three months, and I can't decide if they should know when I move out of their home. Does anybody offer any suggestions or advice?

If they are not satanists them selves I wouldn't bother telling them. The deal with parents is, they want something to blame for your actions. If you tell them your a Satanist, the next time you do something that they don't like they will have someone to blame. Driving them to wage war agianst you and your beliefs, because they will try and break you of the habit. Its just in parents nature.

I am twenty years old, I told my parents once that I was bisexual, that was enough to push them over the edge. After that one time, I never said a word about it agian. I found that it wasn't worth putting up with the fuss. I'm sure my dad has seen my copy of The Satanic Bible, in my room, or in my house.

We don't find reasons to argue about things anymore, we just let some thing be. My parents grew up with two different religious beliefs so when they got married they droped both sides, thus finding harmony. Now our lives are two busy to even worry about this difference.

They know I do not pray, they know I do not bow my head, they know that I laugh at weddings, and I shake my head at funerals, that is enough.

By the way, I suspect that my dad has changed since he has been married, and is probably more of an Atheist. He mentioned this to know one because he doesn't feel the need to upset my mother. Trust me, sometimes you can not reason with my mother, it would be a loosing battle.

You will find that over time, it matters less and less in family relationships. As long as they are not steping on your toes. You can usually put out an argument without adding religion/belief systems into the mix.

#12726 - 11/01/03 12:09 PM Re: Satanic Youth
ConfusedGirl Offline

Loc: Derby, England
In my opinion, humble it may be, you should let your parents know about what you believe in, but try not to make a big deal out of telling them. If you can drop it into a conversation it may work out nicely. I told my mum about me being a Satanist only 2 or 3 months ago, but have been branded sick and deranged ever since. She refuses to read the Bible, even though I asked her too as i want her to understand, but nothing seems to work. Everytime the subject of religion comes up in the house it ends up as an argument and I get blamed for everything.
Just be careful the way you tell them...It will work itself out

#12727 - 11/01/03 12:36 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: ConfusedGirl]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I think your story may serve as a good example of why one might consider *not* revealing that one is a Satanist.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#12728 - 03/22/04 11:28 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Darkbella Offline

Loc: NY
I myself have sometimes will allow people to ask me questions about things that are none of their business, just because Iím in the mood to. The most common two topics are my sexuality and my religion. I tell the truth because itís more fun that way.

Usually someone will see me with a copy of TSB or a similar book in my hand and inquire about what Iím reading.

However, there is quite a big difference between me and the bible pusher. I only respond to questions asked so Iím not forcing myself on people, and I donít do it to Ďspread the seedí I do it because itís fun. Sometimes I end up freaking out people I donít like, (and thatís good because then they stop bugging me) and sometimes I end up getting into philosophical discussions with intelligent individuals.

When itís not fun anymore, I stop talking or say something like ďlook TSB is 5$ and itís all over the internet, if you want to know that bad, look it upĒ and right away that shuts up to closed minded people. (Itís one thing to talk to a Satanist, but to actually put forth the effort to do some research! God forbid it! People might think they were genially interested in it.)

The open-minded people, usual I donít feel the need to say that too because it doesnít stop being fun. I bring my knowledge of Satanism and my philosophy to the conversation, and they bring their knowledge of what they believe in. Mostly I only get into these conversations with people Iím already good friends with and if not we usually become good friends after that first conversation.

If people donít want to know, then they shouldnít ask. I usually say that to them, and all the people around me agree, and there they walk off feeling stupid. Hopefully theyíll wise up next time.

On a side note, both my parents know Iím a Satanist. They donít like it, but they still love me, want me to live with them, ect. They just make it really hard for me to get my hands on any good books. I have a feeling not all parents would be so good though, I happened to have lucked out in that area. I didnít really tell, them, they kind of figured it out when they saw me reading the books. It was a big deal at first, but it blew over when they took me to a psychologist who explained that It wasnít harmful. There concern for my connection to Satanism wasnít as much linked to their religious views as it was there general concern from my mental well-being. I think thatís why they took it so well.

If I could do it again, I would hide it better and tell them in a more tactful way. A lot of this is dependent on knowing your parents. If you do tell them, donít lend you mom your only copy of TSB, she may ďaccidentallyĒ lose it.

#12729 - 03/24/04 07:29 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

-If they do have the spark in them to be a Satanist, they will at least listen to you and try to understand.-

i would say this: If they do have the spark in them to be a satanist, they just might turn around and tell you where to go. but in light of the discussion, carrying tsb around with you seems to be more show and tell-ish than anything else.. of course you will spark curiousity and attention. putting a baphomet on a backpack is like using a tuna as a hood ornament. however bright a person is, understanding sociology is the most beneficial tool that you can acquire. you don't have to exploit it, or even benefit from it. if you understand it, then everything else is relative.

#12730 - 03/24/04 08:16 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hear you there. Sometimes it's better to just keep one's religious affiliations secret to help in lesser magic. I mean, if some Christian is going to think I'mm nuts for being a Satanist, maybe it's smarter to keep it a secret from them and just use them for my lesser magic ends. My friend ran into the same problem a little bit ago.

#12731 - 03/25/04 11:34 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

To be honest i don't believe in going on to people about things i never have. It causes conflicts that don't need to be there. Just accept people for the way they are and with people are know they are more likely to accept you. When it comes to religion it's a sensitive issue to begin with. To be honest my friends and school are not religious. One of my teachers is a humanist the another a marxist, the only religious people there are no one likes lol.
I can think of a time when some one did clash. Their is this girl will call 'Jesus Girl" she is very disgusting and very annoying. These other people put up an unflattering picture of Jesus, her name somewhere. So she came and took it down and had a huge go at them for not respecting her belief system. They stood their looking shocked it was funny against them actually because even though 'Jesus Girl" is a twat she did stand up for herself. There was no point those kids putting the picture up. For one thing they weren't allowed to put it up because it was a notice board.
So sometimes it really is best to just leave people alone.

#12732 - 03/25/04 01:03 PM Re: Satanic Youth
GoldenCalf Offline

Loc: Huntsville, Alabama
You do realize that Marxism is a political stance and not a religion, right?
"I am elite because I am not on welfare. I am elite because I ritually sacrificed my television set and bombed a McDonald's. I am perfect. I'm the REAL Satanist here, and you're just a useless pathetic piece of shit herdling. You disgust me." --the hopelessly ego-deprived jackass

#12733 - 03/25/04 10:08 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:

My family does not know, and I'm not sure if they'll ever know

Gee, dear...depends on how understanding they might be, I suppose. You know, I say alot of wise things and offer good advice to people I give a rats ass about, so they assume I'm some bible-toting "normie." (I do tote a bible though, just not quite the one they're all expecting.) My mother does suspect, but I haven't been open or admitted to anything, b/c no matter how understanding she claims to be, I know that if she found out she'd have herself a shit fit. I've been 18 since Dec. 6 and no one in my family actually knows. I think I prefer it this way, b/c being the hypocritical catholics and jehova's witnesses they are, I may as well install a revolving door for all the priests and know-it-all Joe Schmoes they'd send my way. I would never live in peace!

You don't have to tell people who you are to let them know what kind of a person you are. If they know you and they love you, what's the point of involving religions? It's not like they force you to go to church, is it?

My Advice: Look, christians like to keep their happy illusions, because that is the nature of christianity. Let them keep their happy illusions, because it doesn't change who YOU are.

Good luck with your life choices. I hope they bring you much happiness.

#12734 - 03/26/04 09:37 AM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: GoldenCalf]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You do realize that Marxism is a political stance and not a religion, right?

Of course i do i do sociology everything he had to say applied to all the topics i've done!
However it could be if you fited it to be so. If you take some criteria that sociologists have made that make up a religion then it can fit. You can say it about anything though. I know somebody who made the 10 commandments fit into been a football fan. .

#12735 - 03/28/04 03:45 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Dracul Offline

Loc: Romania
It's your decision if you want to tell them or not.

But try to give yourself answers to these questions:
do you want them to know or not?
if they will know what will they do?
and in the end why would you tell them? ...is anything going to come out of it?

There won't be major changes in the way that people look at you just because you're 18 years old. The difference betwen 18 and 17 is just one day and things don't change so fast.

Now let me tell you some stuff about me:
I'm 21 so I thing I belong to the so called "Satanic Youth". I do not tell people that I'm a satanist, only my closest friends know that. Actually, everybody thinks that I'm a good xtian so they all have a good impression about me. This way I do lots of things without raising suspicions. People would look very different at me if the knew about my true "religion". So I preffer not to tell them, beacuse anyway there nothing for me to gain by telling them but there are lots of things to be lost. (like confidence, trust, loyalty)

You can allways have audience by questioning their religions, gods and dogmas but if you tell xtians that you're a satanist, they won't be listening to you anymore.
Do not bother to convince xtians or like to any of your ideeas. It will probably be useless and after alll ...why do it?
Let them figure it out for themselves, let them look for their god, pray for their god, die for their god ...that not your business, not mine but theirs alone.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
13165 Members
73 Forums
44444 Topics
407322 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold