Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#12676 - 09/25/03 11:55 AM Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

Though I have never personally met any other Satanists (the fact that I assisted a friend of mine in the realization of his Satanic nature doesn't count here), I have noticed several stereotypes among the "teenage" Satanists, myself included (I declared Satanism four years ago, when I was a highschool freshman).

These stereotypes involve the general activities and/or mindsets of the individuals. The most obvious and most common stereotype is the rebellious teenager who never really grasped the concept of Satanism, nor bore the desire to be one. They go about spouting how bad and heretical they are, but most of it is a front to piss off their parents. This is true, as many teenagers have intentionally gone out of the way to piss off their parents, though not necessarily in the above-said manner.

The other stereotype of the teenage Satanist is the heavy-metal /punk goth. I see kids at my school every day who bear the baphomet pentagram on their clothes, their backpacks, and I can't help but wonder if they truly know what it means to be a Satanist. I would ask them if they knew, but sometimes I don't think it's even worth the effort.

Because of this degradation of the Satanic infrastructure, and because it's a good topic (albeit, I've pissed off a lot of people with my speeches) to speak or write on, I've taken it upon myself to educate people my age, and sometimes older, about Satanism. To my dismay (because I was hoping to be suprised...but, I wasn't), the ONLY resistance to my words were christians. Non-christians, especially true Wiccans (in the same sense as Wiccans who aren't claiming to be such for rebellious purposes only) atheists, and Buddhists, are much easier to the flow of knowledge I have offered. Even then, there exists (this suprises me) a brand of christian who is reasonably intelligent, who is open-minded, and who understands the truth behind the lies regarding Satanism. But, these individuals are the same ones who believe that I am fated to become a christian eventually. But, atleast I have an audience.

In addition to my above rant, I must note also that only my closest friends are aware that I am a Satanist. My family does not know, and I'm not sure if they'll ever know (as far as they are concerned, I am an atheist to them). I'll officially be 18 in about three months, and I can't decide if they should know when I move out of their home. Does anybody offer any suggestions or advice?

-Mike

#12677 - 09/25/03 12:03 PM Re: Satanic Youth
percevlaus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Read and Understand the Satanic Bible

#12678 - 09/25/03 12:07 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.” - Magistra Blanche Barton

#12679 - 09/25/03 12:07 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: percevlaus]
Cyndane Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ontario, Canada
It looks like he has a pretty good grasp already...and if he wants to 'educate' others, be it for attention or frustration or an "A" assignment in sociology, well, it's all allright.

#12680 - 09/25/03 12:28 PM Re: Satanic Youth
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

In addition to my above rant, I must note also that only my closest friends are aware that I am a Satanist. My family does not know, and I'm not sure if they'll ever know (as far as they are concerned, I am an atheist to them). I'll officially be 18 in about three months, and I can't decide if they should know when I move out of their home. Does anybody offer any suggestions or advice?

Is there any reason why you should feel compelled to tell them?

What sort of benefit could come from telling them?

How do you think they would react if you did tell them?

Even though you say you're moving out soon, do you want to risk cutting yourself off from your family should they react negatively to your telling them? You never know when a family member might come in handy.
Prevention of Virtue

#12681 - 09/25/03 12:30 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
Quote:

I've taken it upon myself to educate people my age, and sometimes older, about Satanism.

Why are you doing this? To what purpose?

Quote:

Why should they know?

I'm sure you have very intelligent answers for these questions. I think it would benefit you to further explain your actions if you are asking for advice and suggestions.

#12682 - 09/25/03 12:30 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Insurgent Offline
CoS Witch

My suggestion is to not worry about who knows and doesn't know the facts about Satanism. We're not a mass movement. It's not a religion for the many as far as every Satanist I've known can tell and so it's not necessary for the world to undestand us.

The people you have reported to educate are only those people who would educate themselves anyway, at least I think that is the case. You aren't changing anything and although your aspirations towards a more reasonable world are admirable they are just, well, pointless. We can only leave the door open but it will take them to walk through.

We simply can't show them the way because even when we do they never see it. The material is out there. You don't need to hand it out. If they will ever be capable of understanding, they will understand on their own. And thats the reality of it.

And as far as your parents go it's up to you. I nor anyone else here can tell you what you should do in matters like that because only you know your parents as well as their child would. However, in my opinion if you think that telling them will damage your relationship with them then it is pointless either way. And if they wouldn't be upset then there is still no point in blurting out "hey I'm a Satanist."

My family is mostly Atheist and I didn't announce it but they know because they are a part of my life. Your Satanism shouldn't be a family issue in my opinion.

Aside from all of that, you come off as literate and somewhat intelligent and so welcome to the board. Hope to see more from you.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#12683 - 09/25/03 12:33 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: LKRice]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very good point. I took that into consideration, which is the primary reason they don't know, nor will they likely ever know. Considering especially the nature of those in my family, such a declaration might, effectively, "excommunicate" myself from my family. And, it's not that I feel compelled to tell them, it was just something in the back of my mind. I've always considered what might occur if they found out by either accidental discovery or me outright telling them. It's not likely I'll ever tell them, anyways.

#12684 - 09/25/03 12:44 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Bogey_Man]
Anonymous
Unregistered

This may seem like an inadequate answer to the first question, but I do it because it's easy. It's not like I go about preaching "hey, what you think satanism is is wrong!". That would just be foolish. I've only ever sought to further the awareness of satanism if it would bring benefit to myself, and the two instances that it has were last year, in my English and Speech classes. I had a research paper to do, and my thesis was regarding sort of broad "truth" about knowledge, and the citations I used were from books such as Fahrenheit 451 and the Satanic Bible. The Speech project was one in which we had to "educate" our audience on something we took pleasure in. In my case, occult study, and my presentation was not so much "you don't know what satanism really is", but rather "you don't know what it isn't". I'm very uncomfortable with the fact that people associate the Columbine shooters and disruptive depressed teenagers with satanism when it is not the reality.

As far as my family goes, it doesnt matter too much to me if they know or don't know. But, I take the thought in mind much like if the father of a family puts food on the table and his family doesn't even know what he does for a living (or they know what he tells them). I completely recognize the few benefits and many drawbacks to them obtaining this knowledge, which is why it will be safeguarded and they will likely never know.

#12685 - 09/25/03 12:52 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Helotes, Texas. "Helotes" means corn!

While I do see what you are trying to say by "educating" people about Satanism, I must tell you that you are doing something....unnecessary.

Quote:

I'm very uncomfortable with the fact that people associate the Columbine shooters and disruptive depressed teenagers with satanism when it is not the reality.

People can think all they want. Hell, they will always say things. Calling someone a Satanist does not make them a Satanist.

Here is my main point:

Your primary goal in life should not be to make Satanism acceptible. Do not worry over what the rest think. There will be those who will not be fazed by mainstream propaganda. Those are Satanists.

How will we really benefit if the rest know what Satanism is really all about? If they want to know, the Satanic Bible is usually available to consumers. It's not hard to find.

Do not let things that don't matter bother you. Let that which does not matter, truly slide.

#12686 - 09/25/03 12:53 PM Witchy's Suggestion [Re: Bogey_Man]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Here is a suggestion:

Do not TELL them what Satanism is all about. SHOW them. Be the best you can be. Set an example.

#12687 - 09/25/03 01:05 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Bogey_Man]
Anonymous
Unregistered

lol, it's a very small city within San Antonio. To think we call ourselves Corn City!

I understand what you mean, and by all means, I recognize that Satanism is not mainstream, nor should progress be made to make it such. Perhaps it's just the whole development of myself, belief-wise, to have done as such. I remember ages ago (more like fifteen years) when my parents preached about how Marilyn Manson's music was evil. I was too young to make an opinion on that statement, and when I heard his music for the first time, I was convinced that if I like music like this, it must not be evil. Now, when I reflect on Manson's music, I think "Evil isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's all about perspective."

In truth, I know I could rant all I want to someone but if their mind is made up, they aren't going to be phased. Perhaps that's why debating with others my age is so much fun...most teenagers don't have their minds made up about anything. Besides, something just urges me to speak against a fellow teen who has claimed to "have found so much faith in the Lord", even if it won't do a damn thing. Just to be able to test the endurance of them and see where their merit stands is enough for me, and most often, if nobody changes from such debates, then the weakness and/or strengths of those involved are always revealed.

Plus, those God-Rocks t-shirts and Jesus fish bumper stickers kinda annoy me. Then again, this is Texas...

#12688 - 09/25/03 01:29 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

You seem like a bright kid. Someone who will definitely keep searching new knowledge. Don't waste this momentum.

Do not worry about Christianity. Christianity, Christians, and all that does not matter to you. Worrying your mind with this garbage will lead you nowhere.

There are so many things you could learn, think, and do without worrying your head with something as trivial as Christianity and Christians.

#12689 - 09/25/03 01:32 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
If Christian T-shirts and stickers annoy you, it's because let them. You pay attention to them! Why do you give them enough importance as to affect you. You shouldn't.

If you think Satanism is just "hating everything that looks Christian", then you'll be part of those same stereotypes you mentioned above. Satanism is a lot much than that!

Keep reading Dr. LaVey's books, and you'll find it for yourself.

#12690 - 09/25/03 01:38 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Old_Pig]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Far from it. I do not "hate" everything that looks christian, not at all. Not only have I read extensive texts on satanism, but on every other religion as well. I've read both the Satanic and Christian bibles numerous times because they are both enjoyable reads! It's not the fact that something is Christian, perhaps a t-shirt or bumper sticker, that annoys me. It's the presentation of their message, usually in some sort of brainwashing manner. But, you're right, I shouldn't let them get to me.

#12691 - 09/25/03 02:00 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it's something that happens to every teenager if he reaches a certain degree of knowledge, it's only natural that he wants to show off that knowledge not only to others but to himself. It generally feels good when you can make someone drown in their own ignorance, and it kind of makes you "rise above" them. I know this because I used to be (and partially still am) that way. The problem with doing so is that if you do this to a wrong person, or in a wrong manner, or at a wrong time, it can backfire so much that any benefits you have earned from it would be ten times less then the problems you might encounter. A few times that this have happened to me, I've started suppressing these urges to express myself, and found that I in fact benefit more from people by using such approach. Taking one step further, you can actually change yourself to become the person they want you to be. I'm not talking permanently, just when you're around them. This greatly improves the rapport you gain with them, and the rewards will be much more beneficial to you.

Other then that, everything you say is like reading something I would have written 2 years ago.

#12692 - 09/25/03 03:15 PM Re: Satanic Youth
NaamahPink Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Kentucky
My personal situation is that my parents know that both I am my mate are Satanist, but they tend to ignore it. In other words, if it comes up, they quickly behave as if they don't want to hear about it. However, they do not treat me differently for it, though it is obvious they enterian notions that it will change.

Now at age 22, they are perhaps becoming frustated that it hasn't change, but if that is the case it is unvoiced. The larger effect I think it may have is that I wonder if they do not harbor a bias against my mate for being a Satanist, as I feel they may assume that it is his religious views that is holding me to mine. Obviously, they couldn't be further from the truth.

Although it hasn't done me any real damage to have told them, it has not benefited me either. If I had it to do over again, I might have kept it secret. As time has passed, I am begining to understand the importance of keeping certain information relatively private.

More than just your parents finding out your religion, when you keep telling people to whom it makes no real difference you are opening the flood gates for information to spread. If it is widely known amongst the community what religion you affiliate with then you may have trouble in the future obtaining employment.

Bare in mind that you don't have to make the descion just because you are legal age. In this case, it is much better to withold information than to make it known without understanding the full scope of such a descison.

#12693 - 09/25/03 09:24 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do agree to what your saying. I've just now come to grips on what this all means by having mentors and older wiser friends help me. I see people on the internet all the time saying how they are of a Satanic household, and how evil they are.
But in actuality they are no more than non believers of christ. I see people brandish the inverted pentagram, and wave it around as a banner to gain attention. I really wish stupidity was painful.
The town i currently reside in is full of mormons, christians, baptists, catholics, and one of my "friends" who claims he has all the books to the occult and the satanic witchery book and bible, which seems to always be at his cousins house whenever i'm over at his house. Funny isn't it?
All in all this town is so religious, ignorant, and misunderstanding by what they see on t.v. or in hollywood about satanic rituals and what not, have shielded their eyes from the truth and shown them things that the "normal" public would believe.
Ignorant F*ckers

#12694 - 09/25/03 10:32 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Citizen_Squish Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Magistra Blanche Barton

Try Robert Heinlein.

(or maybe Mark Twain...)

#12695 - 09/25/03 10:51 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Citizen_Squish Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

I have noticed several stereotypes among the "teenage" Satanists

Surely you mean teenage "Satanists." Or perhaps teenage pseudo-satanists.

Quote:

I see kids at my school every day who bear the baphomet pentagram on their clothes, their backpacks

Sporting a baphomet does not mean someone is a Satanist or even trying to be a Satanist. It is entirely possible that they have no idea of the religious significance, let alone the meaning, of the symbol.

Quote:

I can't help but wonder if they truly know what it means to be a Satanist.

I get that feeling sometimes when I read posts here in the general forum.

Quote:

I've taken it upon myself to educate people my age, and sometimes older, about Satanism.

Actually, you have taken it upon yourself to explain your perception of what Satanism is - which is probably not what Satanism really is.

Quote:

Non-christians, especially true Wiccans (in the same sense as Wiccans who aren't claiming to be such for rebellious purposes only) atheists, and Buddhists, are much easier to the flow of knowledge I have offered.

That statement causes me to seriously question that you know what you are talking about when you "explain" Satanism.

Quote:

But, atleast I have an audience.

Hungry for attention? Aww.

Quote:

Does anybody offer any suggestions or advice?

Yes. Stop trying to explain things to others that you yourself don't really understand.

#12696 - 09/26/03 12:36 AM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Citizen_Squish]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Although I'm not really into science fiction, I liked Starship Troopers. And Mr. Clemens is always worth reading.
But tell me, what has this to do with Magistra Barton's quotation?

#12697 - 09/26/03 12:55 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
When I was younger and just began to open the pages of The Satanic Bible and indulged in it, I felt the need to tell all of the "lost herd" of their own stupidity. Now, that I have aged and learned, I realize I was the stupid one. No matter how much I'd preach and contradict those religious extremists it was useless. Much of my youthful enegry was waisted when I could have used it to improve myself.

If a person truly wishes to understand our religion they will take it upon themselves to read up on it. (I too in the past had many heated encounters with Christians. I also had some vicious battles with Wiccans.)

As for the whole teenage thing. It's a strange time in one's life. Most of a teenager's thoughts are of fitting in, impressing, and rebeling (a form of impressing). Satanism to them is a means to piss off, irritate, and stand out. Others will see them as the black sheep. Which can be good, but not when it's to gain recognition. Either they grow out of it and find other avenues of standing out or they actually educate themselves about satanism. It's a trend to be a black metal satanist. What better way for youngsters to tell their church, their parents, their peers, and authority to fuck off. Besides, black metal music videos are always the most bad ass.

The reason so many label satanists as wanna be christians and devil worshippers is because of our very name. They see us as what I've already stated above. They will never take us seriously. Which is fine by me. Let them be blind. Their ignorance is my bliss. It will just keep them at bay.

As for informing others of your religion. The question is, will it benifit you. Some times telling a curtain person of your beliefs will make them keep their distance. It's all in the situation at hand.

Now telling your parents. Well, that's up to you.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#12698 - 09/26/03 12:59 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

If they truly care about you they would accept you. They may become upset but that should be the extent of it.

I'm not voting for you to tell them though.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#12699 - 09/26/03 01:03 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

I'm very uncomfortable with the fact that people associate the Columbine shooters and disruptive depressed teenagers with satanism when it is not the reality.

That's the nature of the beast.

#12700 - 09/26/03 01:14 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

I've read both the Satanic and Christian bibles numerous times because they are both enjoyable reads!

Good! You're on the right track. I may seem to loath christians when I post. Those tangents of mine are more or less just trying to prove a point. I'm surronded with christianity. My family has a very strong christian belief and I am the only black sheep. But I still love them and they love me as well. I will not hate a christian, just christianity's propaganda. Actions of a person speak louder than his words.

In the eye of the beholder, to each his own.

#12701 - 09/26/03 05:16 AM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Cyndane]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Montana, USA
It looks like he has a pretty good grasp already...and if he wants to 'educate' others, be it for attention or frustration or an "A" assignment in sociology, well, it's all allright.

It is solipsistic to expect others to understand Satanism. "Educating" others that are already too opinionated to utilize the element of doubt to further their understanding of reality, is a bloody waste of time. The real acid test of an individuals grasp of Satanic principles, is if they can figure it out for themselves, without being led, told, informed, or argued with. They either "get" it or they do not, and judging from the veterans of this board, it takes a fair amount of intelligence and questioning ability to arrive at the epiphany of Satanism without any "help" from the "outside". It is far more important (to me) to concentrate my efforts internally to comprehend Dr. LaVey's wisdom, for my own selfish benefit. As for the rest of the shallow-minded individuals that are incapable of grasping Satanism...Let them eat cake!

#12702 - 09/26/03 08:45 AM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Jack_Bauer]
RobertE Offline

Loc: Michigan
She was quoting either Twain or Heinlein, I believe it was Heinlein, unless he was quoting Twain as well in ST.
There is no Hank. You are Karl. Make your own list as you see fit. Eat as many wieners as you want, any way you want, even with a large group of consenting individuals if you want! Take pride in your wiener-eating. Make up large, elaborate ceremonies revolving around the kissing of your own ass, having them photographed and videotaped by the media if possible.

#12703 - 09/26/03 09:23 AM Opera and Bacon [Re: RobertE]
Professor_Sinister Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Actually as far as I know "..teaching a pig to sing..." can't really be credited to any one person as it is a common folk-saying (proverb), much like "you can't teach an old god new tricks".

(Oops -- I typed that last one wrong, but it's funnier that way, so I'm leaving it).

As for the main topic of this thread...

Recognizing one's Satanic nature for the first time can be a liberating experience, and the desire to share your awakening with others is not uncommon.

Sometimes, however, it is best to let sleeping Gods lie.

In such situations it is important to remember the first Satanic Rule of the Earth.

#12704 - 09/26/03 09:52 AM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: NaamahPink]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ahhh, but this is where I think people have gone on the wrong track about my words. I never once said that the people whom I have attempted to educate are aware that I am a Satanist. Surely they might suspect it, but I've also fought battles in the name of Wiccans and Homosexuals, and as far as I'm aware, nobody suspects me of being either, in which case I am neither. I am a Satanist, but if keeping such information secret were to benefit me, then it shall be.

This is why I have only told my closest and most trusted friends, mostly because they do understand the truth of Satanism (and by truth, I mean my perspective of, and every other perspective, of Satanism) and they are majority non-Christian (save for their clinging beliefs as to a universal "presence" of sorts).

#12705 - 09/26/03 10:04 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interesting that you say that...the first year of my rebirth into the beast was a shaky one. I was a fledgeling Satanist (atleast less experienced), a freshman in highschool, so of course I was careful to whom I let know. At that point, only my best friends know, and to this day, they are the only ones who know. To everyone else, I was practically an atheist. One incident occured in which, at lunch, me and some of those friends of mine who knew were having some discussion regarding "alternative" religions, when a very large black woman (I used to live in Virginia...whites were a minority) interrupted our conversation to bitch and moan at me about how because I was a non-believer I was going to hell. It was the sort of incident that the christian doesn't give you a chance to speak, so all I could really do was listen to her whining (I hadn't finished my lunch, and the cafeteria was crowded, so escape was not possible). Needless to say, when I did finally get past her, I was very angry in general.

Regarding "fitting in", I've found that by not trying, you make some of the best friends you'll ever meet. Even now, I don't speak of my Satanism with them, but I am just the same around them nonetheless.

#12706 - 09/26/03 11:28 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's a difference between a true friend and someone you benefit from. And to be honest, you can benefit from almost anyone in some way, if you can exploit them by making them *think* you are *their* friend. Of course in reality it isn't so. If people think you're their friend, or at least on the same wavelength as them, they will practicially be giving rewards to you. This will greatly help your advances in life.

Ciao

#12707 - 09/26/03 11:34 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know what you mean, but like I said, only my true friends know. But, as far as exploitation goes, there are those of the herd whom I might befriend if it means making my life easier. At work, for instance, it serves to benefit me by befriending my coworkers. Not only does it pass the time well, but it also serves as practice for actual manipulation for when you might find yourself in need of it.

#12708 - 09/26/03 01:38 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Discipline]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

When I was younger and just began to open the pages of The Satanic Bible and indulged in it, I felt the need to tell all of the "lost herd" of their own stupidity. Now, that I have aged and learned, I realize I was the stupid one. No matter how much I'd preach and contradict those religious extremists it was useless. Much of my youthful enegry was waisted when I could have used it to improve myself.

I agree with this, my parents have found out about this, and about me, and they try to force everything they have on my head with christianity. They force me to go to church, thats the same as any other person forcing their child or someone else to go to a religious gathering of some sort. I just don't understand sometimes...

#12709 - 09/26/03 02:44 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

Isn't it great being a satanic youth

How do I put this....... you know when you meet a christian who, sensing your difference of opinion, takes it upon themselves to save you?? To convert you and help you to see the light??
You know how annoying they are??
Why would you then turn around and imitate them, inflicting the same misery on your friends and family?

Satanism doesn't involve door knocking, preaching and general waving of banners because we know it is not necessary. Those that we would associate with in a satanic community will find us in their own time, through one means or another. Perhaps you could save your spiel for those friends that come to you, asking to know, rather than forcing it on them?

#12710 - 09/26/03 03:05 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know what you mean, as i've been bashed and badgered by christians who live in this land of freedom (I'm not sure how different new zealand is from the united states) and yet preach unity and everyone being part of the whole. But, I only did as such because of what would be gained and the environment. Somewhere in this thread, I made note that the two prime incidences were for an English research paper and a Speech project (both of which I got A's on). The research paper was read only by my teacher, and the fact that I cited the Satanic bible (the sins, rules, etc) did not bother her to any notice...she was most impressed with my paper in a whole. Hell, this year I did my biographical report on the satanic murderer Sean Sellers. The speech project was not only an education on Satanism, but on various other left-hand religions and an education on why goth stereotypes are bad, very very bad. It was fortunate that my environment was not a forum, because I'm sure the whole class would have been bashing me out the ass, but instead it was only I who was allowed to speak. I asked for questions at the end of my speech...none were asked. The whole class was struck dumb, and at the end, when I left for my seat, they all clapped. Perhaps it never made a real impact, but hey, I got an A.

#12711 - 09/26/03 03:08 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also, to add, I doubt anyone could write a logical, A-deserving paper or speech citing the bible. Perhaps if the paper/speech was catering to emotions, but not logic.

Logic is cold, heartless, and without mercy. So is the assassin.

#12712 - 09/26/03 03:48 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know what you mean about wasting energy on stupid people who will never understand anyway. It's my experience that it's better to just leave them to their ways instead of trying to convince them. If they do have the spark in them to be a Satanist, they will at least listen to you and try to understand.

#12713 - 09/26/03 03:58 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

I also think it good not to go telling everyone your a Satanist. I am a Satanist, but I don't tell everyone I know. There are some people were it's much more profitable for them not to know. Just because they go beserk thinking there's no way someone like you could do a good job then or be my friend. Which is sad, but true. But that just means they never were real friends to begin with, just someone I used for my lesser magic ends.

#12714 - 09/26/03 04:04 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Discipline]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use christians for my ends, and even am nice to them for lesser magic, but I don't befriend them or hang out with them. It's just too much. I don't want their churchiness rubbing of on me. But like I said, I avoid them whenever possible, but if I have to be around them, that's what I do.

#12715 - 09/26/03 04:24 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: Citizen_Squish]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Once again, I must reitterate this fact: By no means was my intent to "preach", "change", nor "alter" the individuals who bore witness to my words. Of course, we all have different perceptions of what Satanism is, even the Satanists. I was merely granting a light, brisk, unworthy summary of sorts of the important parts in order to obtain a good grade on the projects I applied the information to. If I didn't have a good understanding of what Satanism is, I doubt I'd be suceeding so well in life, much less be participating on these forums.

#12716 - 09/26/03 05:53 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can understand the hardship of it all. I was raised penticostal/fundamentalist. So telling my parents that I had disciovered xianity to be false and idiotic was a hard thing to do. But they took it okay because of the way I told them. It was in stages. eg: 1. 'I'm trying to figure out what is true in the bible". 2. "I'm confussed, and alot of the bible is wrong". 3. "I'm not a christian anymore".
You get the idea.

#12717 - 09/26/03 06:55 PM Re: Opera and Bacon [Re: Professor_Sinister]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The "sharing" of this awakening was only with those whom I truly trust and hold closest, my closest of friends, and this was in the fall of 2000, so it's nothing new, but you're right...It was an incredible feeling of freedom, and still is.

Disturbed got it right in saying to "Liberate your mind, you motherf-cker, you're so narrowminded, so narrowminded..."

#12718 - 10/06/03 01:13 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Though I have never personally met any other Satanists (the fact that I assisted a friend of mine in the realization of his Satanic nature doesn't count here), I have noticed several stereotypes among the "teenage" Satanists, myself included (I declared Satanism four years ago, when I was a highschool freshman).

These stereotypes involve the general activities and/or mindsets of the individuals. The most obvious and most common stereotype is the rebellious teenager who never really grasped the concept of Satanism, nor bore the desire to be one. They go about spouting how bad and heretical they are, but most of it is a front to piss off their parents. This is true, as many teenagers have intentionally gone out of the way to piss off their parents, though not necessarily in the above-said manner.

The other stereotype of the teenage Satanist is the heavy-metal /punk goth. I see kids at my school every day who bear the baphomet pentagram on their clothes, their backpacks, and I can't help but wonder if they truly know what it means to be a Satanist. I would ask them if they knew, but sometimes I don't think it's even worth the effort.

Because of this degradation of the Satanic infrastructure, and because it's a good topic (albeit, I've pissed off a lot of people with my speeches) to speak or write on, I've taken it upon myself to educate people my age, and sometimes older, about Satanism. To my dismay (because I was hoping to be suprised...but, I wasn't), the ONLY resistance to my words were christians. Non-christians, especially true Wiccans (in the same sense as Wiccans who aren't claiming to be such for rebellious purposes only) atheists, and Buddhists, are much easier to the flow of knowledge I have offered. Even then, there exists (this suprises me) a brand of christian who is reasonably intelligent, who is open-minded, and who understands the truth behind the lies regarding Satanism. But, these individuals are the same ones who believe that I am fated to become a christian eventually. But, atleast I have an audience.

-Mike

Yowza yowza yowza ladies and gentlemen, it's someone that isn't an idiot.

But yeah. I'm 17, I'll be 18 in July,and though people already assume I "worship satan" (in the Satan = fallen angel worshipping hell Christian format), Very few people in real life actually know that I'm Satanist. The ones that do found out from the internet.

My mom is Satanist, she just doesn't know it. I casually bring up basic Satanic ideals during conversation CONSTANTLY. She always agrees, and I laugh a little on the inside and move on with the conversation.

My parents really don't care what I believe in, I'm sure my mom would be a little pissed if she found out I was an actual Satanist but that's because my mom believes what she hears and thinks Anton LaVey is one of the scariest people to live. But whatever, I still have a GIANT lavey sigil spraypainted in red and white on my wall with "ANTI-CHRIST" over it...

I don't do things for shock value or to piss off my parents or rebel. I do things because I enjoy doing them. None of my friends are Christian and most don't have any religion so I have no trouble talking about whatever I believe in with them without the usual Satanic Panic Mini-Series.

I think I'm rambling. So I'll digress. My advice, do what you gotta do, do what you love to do, and don't let peoples pathetic stereotypes and petty misconceptions worry you when you know the truth.

Edited by Stalkz (10/06/03 01:14 AM)

#12719 - 10/06/03 01:22 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

It generally feels good when you can make someone drown in their own ignorance.

One of the greatest pleasures in life my friend, one of the greatest pleasures in life.

#12720 - 10/06/03 02:09 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

If your parents are going to be upset by the fact your a satanist i wouldnt bother telling them. Mine are aware of it and say they think its just a phase, and if it isnt they are just happy im not worshiping the devil.

As far as trying to educate people goes, i know its tempting, but its pointles. Perhaps if you ever find yourself in a conversation about satanisim you can try to explain it, but i wouldnt put to much effort into it.

#12721 - 10/06/03 02:21 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

If the dude wants to preach let him preach.

It's not pointless if it brings him satisfaction to do so.

#12722 - 10/06/03 08:07 AM Your mum is a de facto Satanist
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Quote:

My mom is Satanist, she just doesn't know it. I casually bring up basic Satanic ideals during conversation CONSTANTLY. She always agrees, and I laugh a little on the inside and move on with the conversation.

Ahh, you're another who was blessed with a de facto Satanist for a parent. The key on how to break it to her is to get TSB and actually read it aloud to her...the way I broke it to my mother was I told her that most of what Dr. LaVey wrote in TSB was stuff she had been drilling into my head for years. I then proceeded to email her The Nine Satanic Sins and then she had an understanding of what it was really about.

So find something that specifically relates to her own philosophy, like Neitschze (sp?) or Ayn Rand and then point out where in the Satanic Bible (or any of A.S. LaVey's other works) it says something similar, if not the same. I just recently emailed Magister Nemo's marvelous essay "Satanism And Objectivism" to my mother - she subscribes heavily to Ayn Rand's philosophies, especially The Virtue Of Selfishness. At the very least, it'll show that our philosophies, while not without their fundamental differences, are extremely similar. At the most, she might see that she is ALSO a Satanist and make the switch (admission?) as I did. Either way, it'll make us closer, which can only be a good thing.

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#12723 - 10/06/03 10:34 AM Re: Satanic Youth
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Heh, someone who thinks *LaVey* is one of the scariest people to ever live, hasn't thoroughly studied the dark corners of history, or for that matter, watched enough TBN or Jackass.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#12724 - 10/26/03 01:29 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can totally see what you're going through. I've been a Satanist since I was around 12 but that was only because at a very very early age I could not bring myself to believe in a "god." Let me tell you that just doesn't go over well when you've being raised in a strict Catholic family.
I chose to read everything and anything I could so that maybe I could find something that I was missing and then I could join in this wonderful thing that everyone else around me was part of. I still remember being 11 the first time I read the Satanic Bible, I was hooked. Every word in it just made so much sense to me. It was so much more compassionate towards humanity than anything else I had ever found. I may have only been 11 but I already knew that I was bi-sexual, I have a homo-phobic father who thinks all "fags" should be killed. (Romans 1:24-32 get out your bibles, get a good laugh, and then take a leak on it) Some of us just don't fit into normal society and that's fine as long as we find others like ourselves so we don't feel so alone. You've done that, you found Satanism just as I did.
All of us who truely believe in the ideas of Satanism should realize how lucky we are. While most of the world is out living a lie, we know the truth. As Nietzche said, "any 'self-less act' which we expect to be repaid for in the afterlife in not self-less", as they do things not out of kindness but out of fear we are free to love truely to those who desirve it.
DatheR

"Unless you hate your father and mother and wife and brothers and sisters and, yes, even your own life, you can't be my disciple" - Jesus Christ, Luke 14:26

P.S. Tell them if you think they can handle it, if you think it will just hurt them wait until you are older and then maybe they will realize that you arn't just acting out but being who you really are.

#12725 - 10/26/03 09:08 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Valinda Offline

Quote:

Its nice to have a friend to speak with. You can not assist someone into the realization of their satanic nature. My reasoning is that, this makes you the leader and he the follower. Satanists are not followers, you should have just given him texts to read and let him decide for himself, or is this what you have done?

Quote:

There are always more "wana be bad asses" then Satanists in high scool. To many high schoolers go threw phases, and to have groups hanging out with each other advertizing and convincing others to join them is a clue.

Quote:

Because of this degradation of the Satanic infrastructure, and because it's a good topic (albeit, I've pissed off a lot of people with my speeches) to speak or write on, I've taken it upon myself to educate people my age, and sometimes older, about Satanism. To my dismay (because I was hoping to be suprised...but, I wasn't), the ONLY resistance to my words were christians. Non-christians, especially true Wiccans (in the same sense as Wiccans who aren't claiming to be such for rebellious purposes only) atheists, and Buddhists, are much easier to the flow of knowledge I have offered. Even then, there exists (this suprises me) a brand of christian who is reasonably intelligent, who is open-minded, and who understands the truth behind the lies regarding Satanism. But, these individuals are the same ones who believe that I am fated to become a christian eventually. But, atleast I have an audience

This will grow old and you will relize that there are more important things to do.

Quote:

If they are not satanists them selves I wouldn't bother telling them. The deal with parents is, they want something to blame for your actions. If you tell them your a Satanist, the next time you do something that they don't like they will have someone to blame. Driving them to wage war agianst you and your beliefs, because they will try and break you of the habit. Its just in parents nature.

I am twenty years old, I told my parents once that I was bisexual, that was enough to push them over the edge. After that one time, I never said a word about it agian. I found that it wasn't worth putting up with the fuss. I'm sure my dad has seen my copy of The Satanic Bible, in my room, or in my house.

We don't find reasons to argue about things anymore, we just let some thing be. My parents grew up with two different religious beliefs so when they got married they droped both sides, thus finding harmony. Now our lives are two busy to even worry about this difference.

They know I do not pray, they know I do not bow my head, they know that I laugh at weddings, and I shake my head at funerals, that is enough.

By the way, I suspect that my dad has changed since he has been married, and is probably more of an Atheist. He mentioned this to know one because he doesn't feel the need to upset my mother. Trust me, sometimes you can not reason with my mother, it would be a loosing battle.

You will find that over time, it matters less and less in family relationships. As long as they are not steping on your toes. You can usually put out an argument without adding religion/belief systems into the mix.

#12726 - 11/01/03 12:09 PM Re: Satanic Youth
ConfusedGirl Offline

Loc: Derby, England
In my opinion, humble it may be, you should let your parents know about what you believe in, but try not to make a big deal out of telling them. If you can drop it into a conversation it may work out nicely. I told my mum about me being a Satanist only 2 or 3 months ago, but have been branded sick and deranged ever since. She refuses to read the Bible, even though I asked her too as i want her to understand, but nothing seems to work. Everytime the subject of religion comes up in the house it ends up as an argument and I get blamed for everything.
Just be careful the way you tell them...It will work itself out

#12727 - 11/01/03 12:36 PM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: ConfusedGirl]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

I think your story may serve as a good example of why one might consider *not* revealing that one is a Satanist.

#12728 - 03/22/04 11:28 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Darkbella Offline

Loc: NY
I myself have sometimes will allow people to ask me questions about things that are none of their business, just because I’m in the mood to. The most common two topics are my sexuality and my religion. I tell the truth because it’s more fun that way.

Usually someone will see me with a copy of TSB or a similar book in my hand and inquire about what I’m reading.

However, there is quite a big difference between me and the bible pusher. I only respond to questions asked so I’m not forcing myself on people, and I don’t do it to ‘spread the seed’ I do it because it’s fun. Sometimes I end up freaking out people I don’t like, (and that’s good because then they stop bugging me) and sometimes I end up getting into philosophical discussions with intelligent individuals.

When it’s not fun anymore, I stop talking or say something like “look TSB is 5$ and it’s all over the internet, if you want to know that bad, look it up” and right away that shuts up to closed minded people. (It’s one thing to talk to a Satanist, but to actually put forth the effort to do some research! God forbid it! People might think they were genially interested in it.)

The open-minded people, usual I don’t feel the need to say that too because it doesn’t stop being fun. I bring my knowledge of Satanism and my philosophy to the conversation, and they bring their knowledge of what they believe in. Mostly I only get into these conversations with people I’m already good friends with and if not we usually become good friends after that first conversation.

If people don’t want to know, then they shouldn’t ask. I usually say that to them, and all the people around me agree, and there they walk off feeling stupid. Hopefully they’ll wise up next time.

On a side note, both my parents know I’m a Satanist. They don’t like it, but they still love me, want me to live with them, ect. They just make it really hard for me to get my hands on any good books. I have a feeling not all parents would be so good though, I happened to have lucked out in that area. I didn’t really tell, them, they kind of figured it out when they saw me reading the books. It was a big deal at first, but it blew over when they took me to a psychologist who explained that It wasn’t harmful. There concern for my connection to Satanism wasn’t as much linked to their religious views as it was there general concern from my mental well-being. I think that’s why they took it so well.

If I could do it again, I would hide it better and tell them in a more tactful way. A lot of this is dependent on knowing your parents. If you do tell them, don’t lend you mom your only copy of TSB, she may “accidentally” lose it.

#12729 - 03/24/04 07:29 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

-If they do have the spark in them to be a Satanist, they will at least listen to you and try to understand.-

i would say this: If they do have the spark in them to be a satanist, they just might turn around and tell you where to go. but in light of the discussion, carrying tsb around with you seems to be more show and tell-ish than anything else.. of course you will spark curiousity and attention. putting a baphomet on a backpack is like using a tuna as a hood ornament. however bright a person is, understanding sociology is the most beneficial tool that you can acquire. you don't have to exploit it, or even benefit from it. if you understand it, then everything else is relative.

#12730 - 03/24/04 08:16 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hear you there. Sometimes it's better to just keep one's religious affiliations secret to help in lesser magic. I mean, if some Christian is going to think I'mm nuts for being a Satanist, maybe it's smarter to keep it a secret from them and just use them for my lesser magic ends. My friend ran into the same problem a little bit ago.

#12731 - 03/25/04 11:34 AM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

To be honest i don't believe in going on to people about things i never have. It causes conflicts that don't need to be there. Just accept people for the way they are and with people are know they are more likely to accept you. When it comes to religion it's a sensitive issue to begin with. To be honest my friends and school are not religious. One of my teachers is a humanist the another a marxist, the only religious people there are no one likes lol.
I can think of a time when some one did clash. Their is this girl will call 'Jesus Girl" she is very disgusting and very annoying. These other people put up an unflattering picture of Jesus, her name somewhere. So she came and took it down and had a huge go at them for not respecting her belief system. They stood their looking shocked it was funny against them actually because even though 'Jesus Girl" is a twat she did stand up for herself. There was no point those kids putting the picture up. For one thing they weren't allowed to put it up because it was a notice board.
So sometimes it really is best to just leave people alone.

#12732 - 03/25/04 01:03 PM Re: Satanic Youth
GoldenCalf Offline

Loc: Huntsville, Alabama
You do realize that Marxism is a political stance and not a religion, right?
"I am elite because I am not on welfare. I am elite because I ritually sacrificed my television set and bombed a McDonald's. I am perfect. I'm the REAL Satanist here, and you're just a useless pathetic piece of shit herdling. You disgust me." --the hopelessly ego-deprived jackass

#12733 - 03/25/04 10:08 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:

My family does not know, and I'm not sure if they'll ever know

Gee, dear...depends on how understanding they might be, I suppose. You know, I say alot of wise things and offer good advice to people I give a rats ass about, so they assume I'm some bible-toting "normie." (I do tote a bible though, just not quite the one they're all expecting.) My mother does suspect, but I haven't been open or admitted to anything, b/c no matter how understanding she claims to be, I know that if she found out she'd have herself a shit fit. I've been 18 since Dec. 6 and no one in my family actually knows. I think I prefer it this way, b/c being the hypocritical catholics and jehova's witnesses they are, I may as well install a revolving door for all the priests and know-it-all Joe Schmoes they'd send my way. I would never live in peace!

You don't have to tell people who you are to let them know what kind of a person you are. If they know you and they love you, what's the point of involving religions? It's not like they force you to go to church, is it?

My Advice: Look, christians like to keep their happy illusions, because that is the nature of christianity. Let them keep their happy illusions, because it doesn't change who YOU are.

Good luck with your life choices. I hope they bring you much happiness.

#12734 - 03/26/04 09:37 AM Re: Satanic Youth [Re: GoldenCalf]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You do realize that Marxism is a political stance and not a religion, right?

Of course i do i do sociology everything he had to say applied to all the topics i've done!
However it could be if you fited it to be so. If you take some criteria that sociologists have made that make up a religion then it can fit. You can say it about anything though. I know somebody who made the 10 commandments fit into been a football fan. .

#12735 - 03/28/04 03:45 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Dracul Offline

Loc: Romania
It's your decision if you want to tell them or not.

But try to give yourself answers to these questions:
do you want them to know or not?
if they will know what will they do?
and in the end why would you tell them? ...is anything going to come out of it?

There won't be major changes in the way that people look at you just because you're 18 years old. The difference betwen 18 and 17 is just one day and things don't change so fast.

Now let me tell you some stuff about me:
I'm 21 so I thing I belong to the so called "Satanic Youth". I do not tell people that I'm a satanist, only my closest friends know that. Actually, everybody thinks that I'm a good xtian so they all have a good impression about me. This way I do lots of things without raising suspicions. People would look very different at me if the knew about my true "religion". So I preffer not to tell them, beacuse anyway there nothing for me to gain by telling them but there are lots of things to be lost. (like confidence, trust, loyalty)

You can allways have audience by questioning their religions, gods and dogmas but if you tell xtians that you're a satanist, they won't be listening to you anymore.
Do not bother to convince xtians or like to any of your ideeas. It will probably be useless and after alll ...why do it?
Let them figure it out for themselves, let them look for their god, pray for their god, die for their god ...that not your business, not mine but theirs alone.

#12736 - 03/28/04 04:01 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Anonymous
Unregistered

When it comes to telling people i think i have it fairly good because everybody i know would be willing to listen even my parents.No one i know would say narrowminded things. However your always going to get somebody who calls you evil and a baby killer or something as silly.
I really hate it when things become a big deal. It's like if your a catholic your a catholic no one asks you to justify it and puts you on trial. Give them something they don't know much about and they do. Who can be arsed to have to justify themselves? I know i certaintly can't. Anyway when you go around telling people, i don't understand why people would. It's almost like they want everybody to know. They only people who deserve to know out of respect for their friendship is your close friends, if you can your family ( all depends on your relationship) and your boyfriend or girlfriend.

#12737 - 12/18/04 08:55 PM Re: Satanic Youth
Circe Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Your satanic mother should come around in time as long as you go about it the right way.. unless her upbringing was extremely christian or violent perhaps.
My dad doesn't know it but he taught me my satanic values during the early years he was still around, unfortunatly his mother (who I suspect did much to shape him) wasn't very happy when that small aspect of my life came to light with the dreaded word SATAN reverberating around the room... however it all blows over and if your family love you they'll still be there at the end of the day - my mum has been shocked within an inch of her life and is still coming back for more! I love her to itty bitty peices! When I don't want to tear her hair out...
"I like to look good, that makes me a tease. I like to eat, that makes me a pig. I like to get off, that makes me a slut. I like to be treated with respect, that makes me a man-hating dyke. Trust me, I have no problem being labeled a bitch." Maddy. "If you do not tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people." Virginia Wolfe

#12738 - 12/22/04 04:45 PM Re: Satanic Youth
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Actually, on a slightly different tangent, I've noticed how authors and "experts" either seem to pout or freak out when the CoS doesn't meet their proper expectations and doesn't confirm the stereotypes you've listed.

Yesterday I got to skim an old book by that pitiful anti-D&D crusader Pat Pulling, who has worked tirelessly (and idiotically) against role playing games, heavy metal and punk music, and devil worshipper ever since her son committed suicide and she found D&D things in his room with a strange suicide note that didn't even cite D&D. In one section of her book, she mentioned LaVey and the Church of Satan, but added that "many people" do not consider "them" to be "real satanists (sic)."

My mom got me a book recently about the weird legends, people, and attractions in the US, and it had a blurb on the Black House and LaVey. That whole section was practically devoted to "debunking myths" about LaVey and the CoS. I noticed that no other section of any other person--be they Emperor Norton I or the Underdog--was so aggressive about "debunking myths" or what have you. The thing that intrigued me in this case is that this book is effectively religiously apathetic and playful--it cites places named for the devil, and talks about devilish myths of all kinds, and is basically secular. But, something prompted them to be very aggressive towards the CoS.

So, slightly off the topic, and I apologize for that. The thread just triggered my memory. Everyone else has already jumped on the other things worth bringing up.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44448 Topics
407329 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold