Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#12809 - 09/28/03 11:11 PM Re: Back to God. [Re: Nemo]
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's the mindset I've always had. If (and this is REALLY theoretical) everything the Christians had been saying in the Bible and all the general crap is true, and when the day of raptures comes and Jesus comes before us who were "left behind", I will gladly not bow down. I will gladly walk over to that hole they opened to throw Lucifer into and dive right in

#12810 - 09/29/03 04:18 AM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am completely certain that the Xtian God does not exist. It is logically improbable for "Him" to exist. As far as any other "higher powers," I have yet to see any supporting evidence.

As for joining the CoS, I wanted to show my support for the only organization I agree with completely. It is an honor and a privledge to be a member of the Church of Satan.

#12811 - 09/29/03 04:59 AM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest?
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Why should I worry if there is a god or not. If he does exist why should I fear him when he has no control over me. Why should I be his slave?

As for the agtonostic and athiest question? I'm a Satanist. I don't need to go into depth on why. I've stated why I choose the left hand path before.

Why do I believe what I do? I've experienced and witnessed enough to make the judgment that there is no omni supreme being. Most have told me that they were amazed that I came back from the war still with no faith in some form of god. I saw no miracles, no divine wrath for the heathens, (I being one). All I saw was humanity at it's worst. I did wittness god's corruption of humanity to kill it's self.

Oh, I did see satan. He was sitting on a curb in Baghdad flashing the sign of the horned beast. I salute him, for he gave me the power to survive.

As for the member question, you can practice satanism either way. One is just a little more activily involved than the other.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#12812 - 09/29/03 11:59 AM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest?
ochsenschaedel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nürnberg, Germany
As to the question about god, I share Dr. LaVeys opinion that if there is an all powerful entity that is responsible for the creation of everything, then that entity is much too impersonal and huge to worry about our puny little asses here on earth. So why should I waste my time tossing prayers at it. In my world there is one god... myself. That god will be worshipped with all I have.

To your second question:
I respect the CoS as an organizationand everything it stands for. I also have great respect for Dr. LaVey and his brilliant mind. In his works he pushed all the right buttons. I show my respect by carrying a crimson card with my name on it. It's as
simple as that.

Hail Satan!
Hail Anton LaVey!
Hail the CoS!
Hail ME!!!!!

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. " ...Friedrich Nietzsche

#12813 - 09/29/03 12:22 PM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest?
ochsenschaedel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nürnberg, Germany
You are absolutely and completely wrong!
Satanism is not a skeleton that anyone can "slip into" and bend to shape as it suits them. Satanism is described by Dr. Lavey in his many writings. Described in detail, I might add.
A person such as you or I come along, read the books and either agree or not. One who agrees is (very simply put) a Satanist and one who disagrees is not... period.
Although there is no "punishment" for not adhering to the Nine Satanic Statements or the Eleven Rules of the Earth, non-adherance shows that you are not a Satanist.
You do not bend the rules to suit yourself.
I think it is time for you to curl up on the couch and read some more. If I may suggest a few good titles:
The Satanic Bible
The Devil's Notebook
Tha Satanic Witch
When you are finished, read the other titles by Dr. LaVey and continue on with the likes of Ragnar Redbeard and the countless essays by members of the CoS hierarchy.
If you are then still convinced that Satanism is nothing more than an outline you are most definitly in the wrong category.

HS!

Markus

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. " ...Friedrich Nietzsche

#12814 - 09/29/03 01:44 PM Re: Back to God. [Re: TrojZyr]
pippin Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Sweden
The Christian mind works in mysterious ways. I had the dubious pleasure of reading through a large amount of letters and news-sheets written during World War 2 by members of a Christian Student organization as part of a job-assignment. It was kind of interesting how many of them that focused on and expressed positive aspects of the war. Like for example that WW2 was a uniting force, a force of purification and a revival of the Christian faith. Or the war as a trial and judgement of God, a call to repentance and obedience.

Keeping the herd in check can be a tough and dirty work at times it seems...

#12815 - 09/29/03 06:11 PM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest? [Re: ochsenschaedel]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I liked your post and agreed with it. It's really simple when you think about it, I am my own God. I am not going to waste my precious time writing down prayers and sending them to some pie in the sky God in heaven. I am interested in Satanism.

#12816 - 09/29/03 06:14 PM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest? [Re: ochsenschaedel]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Those are some of my favorite books you metioned in that post. I really like the Satanic Witch the most, at least it's most interesting to me at this point in my life. I am a Satanist because I agree with Anton's books.

#12817 - 09/30/03 03:22 AM Re: Your Fault. [Re: Nemo]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
It will never cease to amuse me that the best lessons are often the simplest.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#12818 - 09/30/03 01:26 PM Re: Questions.
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Montana, USA
I'm sure discussing these issues are benificial to most users here.

I find that statement to be presumptuous. Read TSB. If you cannot agree with 99.9% of what is written there, you have "issues" that do not need discussion in this forum.

You either "get it" or you don't...

Hail Satan!

#12819 - 09/30/03 01:40 PM My Constant Answer: Does it really matter?
Shylock Offline

Loc: Tiki Land
Simply put, I find the arguments against a Theistic understanding so convincing that I don't buy into the idea of "God" of the form that would be watching us and judging our actions. However, in my opinion, the arguments in favor of a specifically Atheistic system, a Deistic system (i.e., God created the world and then left it alone without judgment), or Naturalistic system (i.e., Nature=God) all contain valid points. So any of these could be right. But if none of the things I consider as possible involve anyone sending me to hell for not believing, does it really matter what I follow? Don't other things--ethics, personal goals, understanding reality, etc.--matter more than mere speculation over whether there's some abstract force out there?

--The Royal Me

#12820 - 09/30/03 02:00 PM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest?
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Montana, USA
Anyhow, to answer the question, I am agnostic, because the possiblity of a deity-like entity existing is still there, and until it is proven or disproven, I shall forever remain on the fence.

Then you are not a Satanist, and you are going to spend a lot of time pulling slinters out of your ass, as it would appear that you are too insecure to jump off of said fence.

Whatsamatta...are you afraid of what you might find? Is it SAFER to sit upon your noble fence perchance? Isn' that CONVENIENT? Your inability to make a decision speaks volumes, and it would seem that your cranial computer is still infected with the White_Light virus, which does not allow logical conclusions to occur utilizing a program called chickenshit.exe, also known as iknowitall.bat which puts your OS in permanent SafeMode...

#12821 - 09/30/03 03:04 PM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest? [Re: Bastard_Child]
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, he's just using his brain. What you're suggesting BastardChild, is totally ignorant. Let's pick a side and stick with it, and maybe we'll end up right at the end. That's so totally Christian attitude that I so inherently dispise in this world. As was mentioned by someone else's reply, the true path most often is in the middle, and the middle of picking a side is not picking either!

#12822 - 09/30/03 04:01 PM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest?
Swordsman Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Quote:

As was mentioned by someone else's reply, the true path most often is in the middle, and the middle of picking a side is not picking either!

So what you are basically saying is that Christianity and Satanism are opposites?
'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity' - Bullet Tooth Tony 'when I die, I will instruct the undertakers to put a bell on my tombstone, just so I can have the pleasure of not getting up when people ring' - Dr. Mossy Lawn

#12823 - 09/30/03 04:09 PM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest? [Re: Swordsman]
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, I haven't said that. But they are very different. Christianity is not better then Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, and other faiths of that nature. Satanism is profoundly different because it focuses on using your inteligence instead believing in something blindly. What BastardChild is saying that we should pick a side and believe in at least "something" just like most other relgions tell you to, instead of making an intelectual choice which is to say that if something can't be proven nor disproven then one should not form an opinion about it until such proof presents itself.

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12085 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405445 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements