Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#12869 - 10/02/03 01:01 AM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest?
Malin_Wolf Offline
CoS Member

Loc: A sleepy little hollow in Flor...
You are digging a deeper hole by trying to find justification for your position with semantics.

#12870 - 10/02/03 01:22 AM Re: Some Points
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hate the christian god. I was a christian for a time when I was a kid and it was just one big waste of energy and time. Never, will I utter one more prayer to a God that just doesn't come through,

So, you also hate Santa Claus for not giving you that shiny red bike?

What's next? Throwing a handgranate to the easterbunny when he hasn't hidden enough easter-eggs?

#12871 - 10/02/03 10:24 AM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest? [Re: Malin_Wolf]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Montana, USA
You are digging a deeper hole by trying to find justification for your position with semantics.

Geez DB, give the ignorant putzki a break, I mean how else is he going to justify his position? With substantiative arguementation? That might cause his over-blown ego to realize he isn't as clever as he thinks he is. It appears he wants to delude himself with psuedo-intellectual word games, because he "theoretically of course " is so fucking smart. Have you ever noticed that sometimes those with the most intellectually convoluted explanations really having nothing to say that is worth the sweat off of a tap dancing monkey's ass? (Rhetorical question )

It would appear that being pragmatic would interfere with his ability to spout inane suppositions devoid of any practical application. It is difficult to argue with simple truths, unless the arguement is convoluted with "theoretical" garbage, which unnecessarily complicates the issue, so it can be dissected to suit the individual's prejudices, or to stir fecal matter for the purpose of being a contradictory, self-important, jackass. I have observed that this individual needs to exert his "anal over nothing training" on the rest of this board, to impress everyone with his intellectual abilities, not because he has anything PERTINENT to impart. After all, he isn't a Satanist, and contrary to his accolades in regards to Dr. LaVey, he is not here to understand, he is here to impress, and he is doing a piss poor job of it.

(DISCLAIMER)
This post in no way is meant to represent the opinion of the CoS or it's membership, affiliates, advertisers, cohorts, partners, instigators, cronies, groupies, or santitation workers, but is soley the opinion, rantings, ravings, dissertations, of the author. All rights are reserved, and the duplication, transmission, or dissemination of this information, is expressly forbidden, unless you want to do so, in which case I could really give a rodent's posterior!
BC
I think, therefore I am, I think.
What goes around, comes around, promiscuity demands it is so.
Envy is watching your cat lick his own butt!

#12872 - 10/02/03 11:50 AM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest? [Re: Swordsman]
Swordsman Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
*raises hands*

I'll behave from now, I promise!
'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity' - Bullet Tooth Tony 'when I die, I will instruct the undertakers to put a bell on my tombstone, just so I can have the pleasure of not getting up when people ring' - Dr. Mossy Lawn

#12873 - 10/02/03 04:29 PM Re: Some Points [Re: Dreamwalker]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Secret Life of a Satanist sounds pretty intriguing-

That's a really good book. It's really worth the time to study it. I really like the pictures in it and the parts in the back of the book about CoS. That's one of my favorite books.

#12874 - 10/02/03 04:38 PM Re: Some Points
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I let Santa slide and the Easter Bunny too, just because they stretch kids imagination and make them think and I think that can be magical if done properly.

#12875 - 10/02/03 04:40 PM Re: Some Points [Re: Dreamwalker]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am planning on reading the Secret life of a Satanist after I finish reading my other books. I've already read it a couple times, but I need to again.

I think it's interesting also, how the humans 10 watt will's give substance to their God. Now if only they could give substance to something of value.

#12876 - 10/02/03 05:50 PM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest?
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

Loc: Houston, Texas
Mranderson...Why not just read the Satanic Bible? It would be a lot easier. Satanism is not a belief. Satanists are born as Satanists. A person cannot be 'saved' or 'condemned' into Satanic 'belief.' There is no heaven, hell or other religious belief that is true. Therefore, there is no jehovah, jesus, or other human-created, fear-driven belief. You are either the hunter or the hunted. Glory

Edited by GloryS9 (10/04/03 10:59 AM)

#12877 - 10/02/03 06:43 PM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest? [Re: Bastard_Child]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't think my intended point was gotten across, but that's alright. I'll state my choice because my choice has nothing to do with this.

I do not believe in God, or any impersonal deities. I am my own god as far as I'm concerned.

My point was that the sort of logic made in immediately denying something's existence is borderline dangerous. Scientists and armed forces are suppressionists of this sort of thinking, because a potentially volatile chemical/substance COULD detonate if startled, or a suspicious character carrying an unchecked bag COULD be a dangerous person. Take a read at Moore's Law: "Anything and Everything that can go wrong will go wrong."

Besides, I only contemplate because I can. But because I don't believe in any gods, why do I contemplate? The same reason the old greek philosophers did: knowledge and, to some extent, entertainment.

Do not preach to me the tenents of Satanism. I'm very well acquainted with them, and just because I desire to read, study, and improve my mind does not make me any less of a Satanist.

I see Satanism as a fence because it takes no sides. Thus it is the fence. Perhaps Satanism might be one side if two sides were unfenced, but rather than being evil or good, there is power in neutrality. It allows you to be good or evil, both, or none, which is the practice of lesser magic. We are not confined to any system that may limit the means that we may achieve, or even limit the achievements themselves!

If I was a pup in the sense that man is a beast, then no. However, this is a moot issue like you said, but you don't show your intelligence that well do you, you miserable cur.

Leave it at this, my way is my way. Your way is your way. They do not conflict. Why bothering caring if they will.

#12878 - 10/02/03 07:11 PM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest?
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Quote:

...and just because I desire to read, study, and improve my mind does not make me any less of a Satanist.

In fact, IMHO it would make you MORE of a Satanist. Wouldn't it?
Quote:

I see Satanism as a fence because it takes no sides. Thus it is the fence...

I don't really see it that way...I prefer looking at it in the light of "lead, follow, or get out of the way" and then choosing to "get out of the way". Me, I'd rather find my own path, like everyone else here has in their own way. If it's a matter of leading or following, then it's the choice of being the shepherd or the sheep - I don't want to be either one. I'd rather be the coyote laughing at their foolishness then going my own way.

"Don't walk behind me, for I will not lead. Don't walk in front of me, for I will not follow. Don't walk beside me - just leave me the hell alone."

Quote:

Take a read at Moore's Law: "Anything and Everything that can go wrong will go wrong."

Hate to quibble, dude, but it's Murphy, not Moore.

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#12879 - 10/02/03 07:23 PM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest? [Re: Nyarlathotep]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good points. But, rather than be the shepard or the sheep, be the wolf who kills the shepard and eats his sheep (lol). I am taking my own way, but it happens to be Satanism, and I laugh with you at the foolish sheep. Besides, I don't really think about it much anymore so it's not an issue to me.

You're right. I get those two mixed up often, thx.

#12880 - 10/02/03 10:08 PM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest?
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
I am a Satanist, of course I believe in god and satan and their both "ME", Why join the Church of Satan ? To show respect for my religion and the man that codified it Dr. Anton Szandor Lavey.
Darkest Greetings to all
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#12881 - 10/03/03 11:43 AM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Agnostic, I guess. If you think about it, there is a terrible paradox embedded in the act of believing or disbelieving in the god concept. By either supporting or actively opposing to an idea, you are "feeding" it - keeping the sucker alive.

What could be more blasphemous than to create an image of al all-encompassing, all-powerful and completely irrational god? (I personally think god is a woman that is on an everlasting PMS-trip.) Talk about hubris! Here is the clever predator monkey with his hands and his phenomenal Cortex. What does he do? He invents FEAR.

Bah!

#12882 - 10/03/03 06:09 PM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest?
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA
I am interested in what most of you believe in when it comes to the Judeo/Xianized view of 'GOD'.

As in, do you remain Agtnostic about the issue ("He MIGHT exist"), or Athiest (He DOESN"T exist").

Neither. I exist. That makes me God. In short, god does exist.

I'm interested in WHY you believe what you do.

I don't believe. I don't understand why people have such a huge problem understanding this fact. I know, don't know, have an idea, or don't care. There is no room in my life for belief. It is a useless and limiting practice to believe.

The facts you have read/heard that have helped you decide on your belief.

Facts lead to knowledge ( if they are looked at). Belief invents and ignores facts. If you believe the weatherman, you accept what he says, even if evidence supporting him is non-existant.

I look at what is. Satanism is not so much about deciding what the facts add up to, but rather accepting the facts as they are.

I would advise you re-think your beliefs if they center around 'faith' . A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

It also shows people will believe anything.

Sure, satanism is a belief, and the church of Satan is an organization.

No, Satanism is not a belief. It is a religion.

Now my question is, why belong to the church?

Because they are an orginazation worthy of my membership.

People (mainly xians) go to church for the same reasons they go to a hotel/bar: to stupefy themselves, to forget their misery, to imagine themselves, for a few minutes anyway, free and happy. How is it different for you?

Because the Church of Satan is the opposite (thus the name). First, I don't have to go anywhere to be a member in good standing. Second, they give me tools to control my life rather than escape it.

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#12883 - 10/05/03 03:58 AM Re: Satanist: Agnostic? Athiest? [Re: Bastard_Child]
Malin_Wolf Offline
CoS Member

Loc: A sleepy little hollow in Flor...
Geez DB, give the ignorant putzki a break, I mean how else is he going to justify his position?

Sometimes it's not worth wasting the 2 points of I.Q. to have a battle of wits with some people.

Have you ever noticed that sometimes those with the most intellectually convoluted explanations really having nothing to say that is worth the sweat off of a tap dancing monkey's ass?

Most politicians and quite a few young ones. I was once young enough to know everything.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406363 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements