Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#127631 - 10/21/05 12:29 PM "Satanic" Murder Suspect
DarkWater Offline
CoS Member

Loc: SinCity
Occasionally, when the herd again proves that "exceptionally stupid" is much too mild a moniker, I can do nothing but stand in bewildered silence. I'll make a comment in a moment. But for now, I offer this link and some excerpts from the same.

Quote:

Vitale Suspect Discussed Satan at School
MARTINEZ, Calif. - The teenager arrested in the slaying of a prominent defense attorney's wife once drew a pentagram on the ground at school and told other students he was reading from the book of Satan, according to former classmates.

Quote:

"He was really gothic, always wore a long, dark jacket," said Kevin Etheridge, 16. "He'd hang out with a few kids, but he was pretty quiet, pretty much to himself."

Another student remembered him drawing a pentagram on the ground with chalk in junior high school and dancing around it with other students.

"He told people the book that he was carrying and reading from was the book of Satan," Keith Kingon said.

A man at the house where the suspect lived declined to comment Thursday as goats and chickens wandered around the property. A potbelly stove, a bathtub and dozens of baseballs littered the yard.

I have never heard of this so-called "book of Satan". But I know The Satanic Bible. IF this child committed the crime, IF he read and understood some "satanic" book, AND IF that book had anything to do with Satanism, he would NEVER find justification to murder, a truth that most spiritual religions could not emphatically claim for themselves, as their own bloody histories attest.

DarkWater

#127632 - 10/21/05 05:38 PM Re: "Satanic" Murder Suspect [Re: DarkWater]
Majik Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
" I have never heard of this so-called "book of Satan". But I know The Satanic Bible."
-----------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if this is the same book that is referred to in the story but you asked the question about the Book of Satan.

Look at p.27 of Satanic Bible. (Fire) The Book of Satan – The Infernal Diatribe.

#127633 - 10/21/05 06:11 PM Re: "Satanic" Murder Suspect [Re: Majik]
Serpens Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Western New York
In other news, some dumb anti-social kid who wasn't affiliated with the organization is suspected of murdering somebody while he was going to purchase illegal drugs.

#127634 - 10/21/05 06:41 PM Re: "Satanic" Murder Suspect [Re: DarkWater]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
As I read this my first question was, 'So was this kid a nut or something?' Then I saw that it was drug related and it hit me, this murder actually is only incidentally and circumstantially related to pseudo-satanic imagery and the fantasies of a dumb lonely kid. It has as much to do with Satanism as "good news" has to do with christianity. At least the media is consistent. They always were and always will be whores.

#127635 - 10/21/05 06:45 PM Re: "Satanic" Murder Suspect [Re: DarkWater]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I just want to know what the Hell he was planning for those chickens!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#127636 - 10/21/05 08:48 PM Re: "Satanic" Murder Suspect [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Soup for the soul?

#127637 - 10/21/05 09:03 PM Re: "Satanic" Murder Suspect [Re: Old_Pig]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Soup for the soul?

I don't even need to ask...of course you were talking about THOSE books.

#127638 - 10/22/05 11:16 AM Don't do your homework... blame th Devil! [Re: DarkWater]
Old_Pig Offline

In the News business "Satanism" is not just the scapegoat... but some kind of wildcard to use every time something is missing on the story.

Some days ago DEA agents looking for drugs in Miami International Airport found something different. A luggage full of human fetuses!

The finding defines normal logic! Who would want to smuggle fetuses form another country? So, of course, it has to be a Satanic conspiracy, and it was reported as such by the press.

#127639 - 10/22/05 11:27 AM Re: Don't do your homework... blame th Devil! [Re: Old_Pig]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

I saw that. even in the world of faux satanism, I have never heard of fetuses being used. Hmm...I wonder...is there some group that seems to be obsessed with fetuses...hmm...http://www.nrlc.org/

#127640 - 10/22/05 12:35 PM Re: Don't do your homework... blame th Devil! [Re: Old_Pig]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Quote:

The finding defines normal logic! Who would want to smuggle fetuses from another country? So, of course, it has to be a Satanic conspiracy, and it was reported as such by the press

Wouldn't be for offbeat collectors who would pay a bundle for such an oddity...nah...must be a conspiracy. Oh...the...horror...zzzzzzz.

#127641 - 10/22/05 12:51 PM Re: "Satanic" Murder Suspect [Re: DarkWater]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
I first read about this on CNN yesterday, and this story is being handled exceptionally poorly.

This is what happens when the media reports information they recieve bit-by-bit, and tart each morsel of data up to make it entertaining. Meanwhile, they're demonizing every Hot Topic shopping gothic mall rat who wears black--most of whom are completely harmless not even particularly interesting or rebellious. I'm sure in a few weeks, prosecutors will have a much better idea of who this kid is, and things will fall into place. I'm certain he will have had some family problems, and turn out to be another disillusioned teen that went haywire, and that is interest in 'satanism,' was no more serious than his interest in his favorite television show--just another passing fancy.

But the modern media reports every piece of sensational nonsense and hearsay they can dig up or coerce from any busybody willing to talk to them. After all, they have airtime to fill...

#127642 - 10/22/05 05:21 PM Re: "Satanic" Murder Suspect [Re: Majik]
DarkWater Offline
CoS Member

Loc: SinCity
Quote:

Not sure if this is the same book that is referred to in the story but you asked the question about the Book of Satan.

Look at p.27 of Satanic Bible. (Fire) The Book of Satan -- The Infernal Diatribe.

Opps! Prejudices shape our thoughts. I was thinking solely in terms of a stand-alone book. But you are right! Within TSB is the "Book of Satan" . . . and how ironic since it is my favorite section of the Bible.

Nonetheless, even if the kid had selected our "Book of Satan" to read, he would not have found justification for his actions - whether attempting to buy drugs or cold-blooded murder.

(Thanks, Majik. Keep me on my toes! )

DarkWater

#127643 - 10/22/05 06:02 PM Re: Don't do your homework... blame th Devil! [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Old_Pig Offline

Some times I visualize them having a huge rubber stamp with the word SATANISM next to their desk. Every time they are handed a case they don’t understand or where the motives are obscure, they slam the thing on it, leaving the “S word” stamped in big red letters across the file.

A kid got involved in drugs? SLAM! Teenagers playing the music too loud! SLAM! Anything involving exotic animals? SLAM! Fetuses? SLAM!

#127644 - 10/22/05 07:09 PM BOOOOOORING!!!!!! [Re: DarkWater]
evil Offline

Loc: Ontario,Ca (california not can...
I read the article supplied and I am still waiting for the reason why this is called a Satanic murder. No ceremony, no pentagrams or blood drinking. DAMN! I was looking forward to some fun but all I got was more bored then when i started reading it. He will get what society feels he should get but i hope the kid finds himself.
"DIG DEEP WITHIN I PULL OUT SOMETHING SPECIAL I AM DYING TO SEE WHAT IN ME IS SO SPECIAL DIG DEEP WITHIN I PULL OUT SOMETHING SPECIAL NOW I SEE MY SON IS SO SPECIAL TO ME" original writings by Michael "EVIL" Maris

#127645 - 10/22/05 07:25 PM Re: "Satanic" Murder Suspect [Re: DarkWater]
Majik Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I thought that you'd like that. But is true!

#127646 - 10/22/05 10:16 PM Re: "Satanic" Murder Suspect [Re: Serpens]
Lilithflower Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Anton La Vey often said that "the Devil makes good copy." Putting a "satanic" slant on an otherwise run-of-the-mill "loser kid on drugs comits brutal murder" story adds that extra slurp of sensationalism. Ta da! Front page news! Create some "moral panic" while you're at it and those rags selling fast! No wonder the good doktor had such a healthy contempt for "the news." Next story!

#127647 - 10/22/05 11:35 PM Re: "Satanic" Murder Suspect [Re: DarkWater]
DarkxNephilim Offline

Loc: The Abyss
Boy, I wish I had a buck for every discussion about how misinterpreted Satanism is in the media. It's now getting about as old as Republican and Democrat mud slinging. *yawn*
I drown in fathomless dreams and in the reeking mire of virtue scream I yearn to sell my very soul (And you shall for none so dark & sinister will arise to embrace the Arts) Do What Thou Wilt until the stones in my heart stand still regardless of the cost to your repugnant god

#127648 - 10/23/05 03:17 PM Re: An example from a film. [Re: Old_Pig]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
"Transylvania 6-5000" with Jeff Goldblum offered a similar example. Goldblum was employed by a tabloid newspaper in which the very Satanic editor understood the power of words to sell newspapers. He would permit headline "typos" so that a "Rape" factory could be headlined, for example.

"S" words attract attention: "Satan", "Sex", "Save money", etc.

You really only need a few such rubber stamps to sell newspapers!

#127649 - 10/23/05 09:51 PM Re: An example from a film. [Re: Nemo]
Maninblack Offline

Loc: Garland, Texas
Good example. Fun movie! (anyone see Goldblume's 'Mr. Frost"?).

One would think this Satanic Panic thing would have died out after the 80's graciously expired. But then in '94 a group of uninformed, superstitious, and eager-to-close-the-books lawyers, policemen, and a ridiculous judge sentenced the fellows we know now as the West Memphis Three to (two of them)life imprisonment, and (one) to the death chamber on a very knee-jerk investigation and trial. I keep thinking that this sort of religiosity is in death throes, but then here it comes again.
We'll see what the public does with this one....
Hoisting the Chalice, In the Name of Satan!! Man In Black "Sensitive souls have reacted with shock to the elemental drama of life on this planet, and one of the reasons Darwin so shocked his time - and still bothers ours is that he showed this bone-crushing, blood-drinking drama in all of its elementality and necessity: Life cannot go on without the mutual devouring of organisms...each organism raises its head over a field of corpses, smiles into the sun, and declares life good." Ernest Becker, "Escape From Evil" "I often write about the fact that everything here in the universe seems to eat and get eaten, and we need to pay attention to this. The idea of the Eucharist is that when divinity passes through this universe, it, too, gets eaten." Matthew Fox (Psychology Today, Sept./Oct.,1993)

#127650 - 10/24/05 01:41 PM Re: "Satanic" Murder Suspect [Re: DarkWater]
Dengil Offline

Loc: Vantaa, Finland
This is just what I needed... Bet he was reading something much "heavier" than the Satanic Bible. Maybe had something to do with satan-worshipping, which has something to do with human sacrifices, as i recall it (correct me if i am wrong.) Here at Finland, no one is allways pulling Satanist on the line, it is always the Satan-worshipping.

#127651 - 10/26/05 11:37 PM Christian Killers... [Re: DarkWater]
Simple_Pleasure Offline

Loc: USA - Buter, Pa
What about those who kill in the name of God, I mean you know how often the almighty reaches out and speaks to us. Telling us how we shall smite thee demons back down to the bowels of hell type of thing. Yet when someone kills in the name of the lord he's "insane" like oh I don't know... Charles Manson? Yet, when someone is 'satanic' they are perfectly sane and are just corrupt with the darkness of the darklord.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406073 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements